Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ready Player One: Champions

Mathim

Star
Anyone clicking on this one should have already seen the movie, so you probably already know where this one is going. I did have an idea for something a little special, though, where each of our characters have come into possession of an item within the games that would be worth a ton of coin, but rather than cashing them out, a certain event is triggered whereby only those possessing these highly valued items are allowed to participate, and the rewards will be far greater than the short-term payoff of selling them. The trials of the event may be risky and arduous but if these strangers all work together, they stand to make enough coin to retire on. But not everything is as it seems, either.

I mainly just wanted to see what kind of profiles people on here could come up with for their characters so we could show off our nerdy, esoteric knowledge of popular and unpopular culture. For the purposes of this game, the mere possession of a specially valued item gets the user access to temporary use of any existing things in the various categories listed on their profile for the event, even if they don't have those things normally or if someone else happens to already be using them. This will be somewhat nuanced so filling in all the blanks will be challenging even for seasoned geeks. I'll update the character profile submission sheets as we come up with more and better categories to list.

Code:
Player Name:
Character Name:
Base Appearance (Humanoid shape): Should be roughly ordinary human shape and proportions, things like small horns and tails permitted, as well as abnormal skin or hair or eye color; things like helmets, jet packs, etc., are permitted here
Hybrid Appearance: This is a first-stage transformation form, where things like multiple limbs, abnormal height or shortness, ability to stretch one's mouth or tongue much larger than usual, growing claws or larger horns and tails, or wings
Animal/Were-Form: This is where all humanoid appearance fades, more animal or alien than man, usually quadrupedal but not necessarily, where size is usually vastly different than normal humans
Melee Weapon(s) of Choice:
Firearm Weapon(s) of Choice:
Throwing Weapon(s) of Choice:
Explosive Ordinance(s) of Choice:
Motor Racing Vehicle of Choice:
Spacecraft of Choice:
Familiar of Choice: Usually something that complements one or all of the Humanoid/Hybrid/Were-Animal forms, but not the same as any of them
Kaiju/Mecha of Choice: What giant monster or robot would you choose to demolish, or protect, a city with?
Golden Ticket: What is the item you have come into possession of that is worth enough to get you invited to the special event?

Hopefully this will turn out to be a fun thought experiment even if we don't get enough interest. Even if you don't necessarily want to participate in the game, I'd love to see what kind of profiles people can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom