Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Mountain Between Us [Semper Fi x Mature Male Writer]

"Which Meals Refused by Ethiopians did Bud have ?", Ray asked still trying to lighten things up and after a moment said, "I better go get Bud out and hope the wolves don't want him. " Ray would go get Bud out and stick him under a wing and bring his wallet and watch back for Kat to secure. He would pull out a Yeti cup from his bag and split the warm water with Kat before putting the pot on to melt more and asking, "Have I forgotten anything?"

She laughed softly, “We’ve got twelve here. A variety of meals. Beef taco, Brisket, chicken burrito bowl, and finally Chili.” She said as she rummage through the box of MREs. They would keep them going for a while. She secured Buds belongings, before making room in the small shelter for Ray. Sipping the water, she shook her head, “No. I don’t think so. Now all we have to do, is keep the fire going and keep warm. Winter is just beginning up here, odds are it’s gonna get a hell of a lot colder.”

Ray went through his bag and found his deck dry gear and a spare poly shirt. "Here take the jacket and and shirt and I will take the bib. I guess we need to talk plan. If I remember crash rule says stay with the down aircraft and I don't think you can walk. So far so good?", he asked because they would have to work together. He would then ask out of curiosity, "You got anything besides your side arm and a couple of spare mags?"

She takes the clothing from him, settling into them, her pale grey eyes watching Ray, "I've also got that knife, but that's it." She sighs, "I know the first rule is to stay with the plane. But that's assuming people are looking for us. And that they are looking in the right place. In this weather, I don't know that we can stay here." She didn't like the idea of trudging off into the wilderness but they might have to. They needed better shelter than what they had. "It won't be pleasant, but if I have to, I can walk on this leg." She'd handled worse pain before.

She nods, "Yeah we're definitely set for a little while." She said, stretching her sore leg out a little. "Sounds like a good plan. We'll need at least that long to get some idea of what direction to head in," SHe shook her head, yawning slightly, her body exhausted now that the adrenaline has started to wear off.

((No worries! Have a good night! Glad you're enjoying it, I am too :) ))

Ray looked at his watch. It was only 4:00 but the northern dusk was starting and would not last long. He looked at Kat and said, "Going to make a wood run and make some yellow snow." He would take a small flashlight from his jacket pocket and check it before getting up and heading in a slightly different and down wind direction from camp. In about twenty minutes he would return with more wood of various sizes and add some larger pieces to the fire laying a longer log across to burn into. He would pour more warm water for the two of them and start more snow to melting with the lid on the pot. He would sit down next to Kat and asked, "Want to share an MRE, I will let you have the accessory pack", which meant Kat got the coffee, cream, sugar, gum and most importantly the toilet paper. He then said, "So I know, you want my back or my chest for sleeping?"

While he was gone, Kat kept the fire going, making sure that the snow was melting. She used the torn off piece of her jeans to wrap snow up in, to make a makeshift icepack, to place over her injured leg. She could feel the swelling already, and wanted to try and keep it down as much as possible. Watching Ray as he returned, she nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good." She murmured, food sounded heavenly right now. "We can share the accessory pack." She mused as she sipped the warm water. Then she shrugged, "It won't matter, how ever we can get comfortable is fine with me. We might be here a while, so we mind as well get over any personal space issues either of us have." She chuckled. Personal space wasn't an option for the two of them, so they mind as well get comfortable with each other.

"Ben awhile since I ate one of these things, you got a favorite ? I did hear you tell Bud you were in the Army. May I ask your MOS, and I don't mean the numbers, in English please.", Ray said as he settle in again the tree and glad he had worn all those layers today.

She chuckled, "Nah, none are great," She said as she picked one at random, ending up with Brisket. "I was a Infantryman for a while, then I sort of fell in with a Special Ops group as their translator." She explained "I would still be in, but a bullet to the chest ended my career." She shrugged, "It's still in there, in fact. which is why the Army wouldn't put me back in." She said as she opened the MRE, taking a bite before handing it to him.

"Tonight we share the spoon, but with the next one we each claim one and keep it. So, you speak what or were you one of those female relationship translators ? ", Ray asked before he took a bite and then went got the hot water so one could have coffee and the other coco unless this was a cold drink meal, but the cold drink might work hot too.

Ray poured the drink powder in and swirled it around. He would drink it and eat his part of the meal before they placed the rest in the bag for breakfast. Living off 750 calories for a few days would be doable, but then what happens. Tonight would be about getting some sleep and letting Kat's leg start healing. He looked at his watch and read the glowing face. Not even 6 and it has dark. He would bank the fire, put another big long piece on to burn in two, put his neoprene gloves on, and adjust his watch cap. Tonight he would be glad he wore the super duty poly pro underwear and now to figure out sleeping with Kat. (Almost my bed time, so my last post. Good Night, Sleep Well)

Back
Top Bottom