Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can someone please explain to me what the whole BUMP thing is about?

Any new post to a thread. So called because it "bumps" the thread to the top of the page.

Here is the bumping and request thread FAQ: Bumping Policy

Oop. Simp explained the policy a bit better.

It can be an old post as well. Let's say you already have an old request Roleplay Post and you have edit it and want to share it. You "bumb" post and have your thread on top of the page.

Just splitting hairs here: Editing old posts does not bump the thread. A new post has to be added as a reply to a thread in order to move it.

Technically you are physically unable to bump a thread before 24 hours is up(it'll merge to the post before). But sure, you can bump old threads by making new posts in them to bump them to the top of the page.

You're only allowed to bump your own thread every 24hrs. I don't know what exactly the rules are on posting in/bumping other people's threads, but I don't think there's anything official unless you're being obnoxious.

You're only allowed to bump your own thread every 24hrs. I don't know what exactly the rules are on posting in/bumping other people's threads, but I don't think there's anything official unless you're being obnoxious.
No. Members can only post in their own request threads. Bumping Policy

If you see someone posting in someone else's request thread, it should be reported so they can be made aware of the rule.

No Editing doesn't bump the post. That's why I said you have to bump a post. I meant a new one. And yup should be more than 24 hours. Personally, I only use it when i have edit a thread and want to show it. I didn't know that you couldn't bump someone else thread. But honestly, why would you go around bump someones thread? :eek:

No Editing doesn't bump the post. That's why I said you have to bump a post. I meant a new one. And yup should be more than 24 hours. Personally, I only use it when i have edit a thread and want to show it. I didn't know that you couldn't bump someone else thread. But honestly, why would you go around bump someones thread? :eek:
Other forums apparently have different policies where in order to contact someone for rp connections, you post right on the thread. So I've heard. >__>

Other forums apparently have different policies where in order to contact someone for rp connections, you post right on the thread. So I've heard. >__>
One community I've been involved in has no such rule and gets on fairly well, though there are the inevitable cases where the thread says 'only approach me with dm' and the genius posts in the thread anyways.

Only context I've seen someone offer another user a bump is something like 'bump because I like/agree/whatever', which tends to be isolated. But that's from the one context, I haven't kept tabs elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom