Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do you know your Eros sign?

Caligula

Mercurial
Yes, I'm one of those crazy people. Now that we've established that, I wanted to ask you all (or whoever didn't exit upon realizing this was an astrology post) what their Eros sign is and if it fits you.

Here's where I found out which one was mine. And here's where you can read a little about the signs in this placement. Cancer is honestly pretty fitting and explains a lot lol. I even like the little parable they've got under it.

Eros in Scorpio
Come to me, and I shall be the sun round which you are locked in orbit,
and my rays shall lay bare the secrets you keep from each other, and I,
who possess charms and powers of which you have no inkling, shall
control and possess and destroy you!" -- Anne Rice The Vampire Arman

Eros in Scorpio says, "merge with me in the searing furnace of the souls so that together we may be transformed." Eros in Scorpio speaks bluntly. His desires are potent, ardent and fixed and often involve a great deal of intense intimacy that can make the light-hearted falter. Eros in this sign is interested in a very personal and erotic form of relating that has no qualms about ripping off the surface scab of social superficiality to expose the true nature of ones soul beneath. They generally do not hold back.

Eros here seeks, often through intense and possibly taboo sexual experiences, the gift of merging, union and transformation. This is the break on through to the other side that Jim Morrison echoed. He invites you to the threshold and if you enter, there is no turning back. You will transform or perish, or both.
Eros here may be in the sign of his greatest affinity.

The second WATER sign, Scorpio relates well to the powerful hungers exhibited by Eros and there is little to modify or temper. Scorpio is not afraid to get too close. He does not shun intimacy, physical or otherwise. He is not nervous about bodily functions, losing his freedom, sharing his emotions or surrendering his mind. He just plain is not nervous or afraid of much, except maybe losing control.

Well, since everyone's posting their info, I should do mine.

Eros in Cancer

• A mean young man meets a witch, who says she will be his lover forever if he brings her the heart of his mother. He runs home, kills his mother and cuts out her heart. As he is running back through the forest, he trips and falls, dropping the heart. In a concerned tone, the heart says to him, "Son, did you hurt yourself?" --Old Jewish Parable

• Eros in Cancer says, "share your joy and pain with me". In this sign, Eros experiences a certain measure of affinity and ease. Here the boundaries can dissolve into a space of intimate rapport where the feelings, emotions, fears, pains and sorrows of two people merge and mingle into one. In cancer, Eros does not hesitate at the threshold of erotic intimacy. Once inside, he simply never wants to leave.

• Eros in Cancer longs to be wanted and he craves the significant other’s attention and deep need for attachment. Nurturing, sustaining and mothering all arise with this archetype creating a potent link that can enhance life as well as strangle it to death. It is the image of the umbilical cord that offers succor but may also become toxic if it is not severed at the necessary time.

Y'alls are so intense and mine is...a Smother lol

Found another site with different descriptions if anyone's interested.

There is a need to infuse emotional care and nurture into the sex act. When the self-image is low, these lovers may use others as sexual objects, probably as a result of their fear of rejection. The breasts are a big turn-on, and many are orally fixated, and some may be attracted to a domination theme. When the self-image is stronger, intimacy and warmth are powerful stimulants. Eros in Cancer lovers seek to achieve psychic and emotional renewal through sex. They can be very intuitive bed partners. Sexual possessiveness is often an issue. Sometimes, these lovers want their partner to be relatively chaste, but they don’t have the same standards for themselves. These lovers often fall in love with their sexual partners.

I don't fully agree with the highlighted sentence, but everything else is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom