Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Female College is the New High School (LONG TERM, STORY DRIVEN)

HookHandedMan

Lord of Darkness
So here I’m asking for something that is way outside the realm of what I normally look for. I’m looking to play a long term, lightly sexual storyline with plenty of angst, melodrama, dumb antics, and comedy. Think of something along the lines of Mallrats, Dawson's Creek, and Sex Education, where the emotional risks and payoffs are serious, but legal ramifications and life and death situations are not so much.

Post Length:
I’m accustomed to writing about 2 paragraphs per post, so that’s the minimum that I’m going to ask for, but I intend on using this story to practice writing bigger chunks at a time. My style of prose leans toward utilitarian as I do not enjoy writing purple, so please, be patient with me as I learn to add more meat to my writing. That being said, I have no opposition to reading purple prose, as long as there’s still something being said and it isn’t flowery words for the sake of words.

Setting:
I want to set the roleplay at a college where most (but not all) of the cast knows eachother from high school. They will be in their second year of college, and will have grown up since high school. One of the things I find interesting here are how relationships (both romantic and platonic) develop and change between people who see each other socially over long periods of time. The characters will live on campus, and most of the story will take place there, or at adjacent hang out spots that my partner and I will create.

Story:
I want to play around a lot with social situations, romantic relationships, strained friendships, etc., coupled with the stupid kinds of stunts that kids would get up to in these kinds of stories. Here are some examples from Regular Show of the type of stories I’m trying to play:

1. Two characters are trying to have the ‘perfect’ romantic date, and each member plans a surprise for the other, however, their surprises happen to get in the way of each other, and they each covertly call on another friend to help rearrange the surprise to the changing circumstances. These two friends scramble around trying to find the perfect opportunity to enact the surprise, only to find each other and work together to maximize the surprise for the friends on the date.

2. A character has fallen into a depressive slump over a squandered romance. He has stopped shaving, bathing, and generally has just given in to his despair. His friends get together to try to get him out of his slump by getting him a new romantic partner to focus on.

3. Two characters who only know of eachother grow closer as two of their mutual friends begin to date. Over the course of the mutual friends relationship antics drawing in assistance from the two characters, they grow closer and possibly romantic.

4. Two characters with a messy romantic past are trying to rekindle their friendship, one character starts to develop deeper feelings again (if they were ever really gone) and doesn’t know if they want to risk bringing it up to the other character.

Structure:
Now I’m not entirely sure on how I would format this, so here is an idea. My partner and myself would each create and control two characters who would be best friends with each other. As far as the other characters in the world, we would each take control of them as we saw fit for the scene.
I’m looking to play in third person only.
I’m not comfortable playing on threads, so PMs and Discord are the way to go for me.

Availability:
This is a big one, I have a demanding job and can sometimes go a couple of weeks without being able to properly respond. Given that this kind of roleplay will ostensibly be made up of posts longer than I’m used to writing, you can trust that any delays would be longer than normal for me, so one thing I really need in a partner here is patience. I will not ghost you, even if worse comes to worse and I don’t respond in over a month, that doesn’t mean that I have ghosted you. I understand that this is a tall order, but I’m letting you know ahead of time.

Characters
These are just the two characters that I’m looking to play, when messaging me about this scene, come with two characters of your own prepared. They don’t have to be super in depth, just enough to get an idea of what kind of role they would be playing socially and romantically.

Ethan Darrow: The “weird” kid in high school, not the cool kind that wore all black and listened to metal, but the kind that smelled bad, stared at girls he thought were pretty, made random exclamations in the middle of class and kept himself buried in whatever book he was reading, even during classtime. Most of the kids would agree that if anyone in their class was going to be a school shooter, it would have been him. He had very few friends save for other weird kids, namely the ones who would Naruto-run to lunch or speak in sci-fi languages in class to confuse the teachers. The only other kids who would interact with him were bullies, and to this day the memories of those bullies are still hard for him to deal with.

Ethan took his first year of college online, taking the time off from social interaction to reinvent himself. Having cleaned up and lost weight, Ethan shows up for the second year of college and is approachable, but the growing pains of learning how to communicate with “normal” people is still apparent. The main difference is that now he’s trying. He took the idea of reinvention a bit literally, and has traded in his dirty hoodies for a leather jacket, and his messy, tangled hair for a slicked back look. It’s not a bad look on him, its just so in the other direction that its disconcerting to the point where it’s almost humorous. He still carries over some bitterness and aggression from his high school years, but through a great deal of effort he keeps it under and presents himself as a perfectly chill guy to talk to. He’s hoping to take that further this time around and maybe even get a girlfriend.

Ronnie Saylers: The kid that was cool with everyone, no matter who they were. He’s funny and charismatic enough that everyone liked him, and during high school he was able to fit in wherever he sat, even with people like Ethan who didn’t like anybody. He could go from clubbing one weekend to a 9 hour Dungeons and Dragons marathon the next, and a backyard show after that with no one batting an eye. He and Ethan grew up together, being best friends since 2nd grade, but even that didn’t help Ethan in high school despite Ronnie being by his side every step of the way. Unfortunately, being as popular as he was meant he couldn’t hold off Ethan’s bullies, as there was always someone for him to talk to, or something for him to do. In retrospect, he feels guilty about it, and he hopes that Ethan doesn’t hold it against him.

He was one of the few people Ethan kept contact with during the first year of college. On Ethan’s request, he eagerly became his workout partner, and he even picked out Ethan’s leather jacket when it came time to pick his new look. Calling it his “New U Initiative,” Ronnie almost seems more excited about it than Ethan does, and he his wholly committed to helping Ethan be confident and happy. There’s really only one thing that Ronnie can’t handle: girls. He can give other guys advice until the end of time, but when it comes to putting that advice into action for himself, saying he stumbles is an understatement.

Characters listed here are up for grabs, it'll be between my partner and I to decide who will play them:

Nicole Turner: Another reformed 'weirdo,' Nicole went to middle school with Ethan and Ronnie but went to a different high school due to her parents moving to the other side of town during the summer in between. She was a hardcore anime nerd, even carrying a picture of her husbando in a heart locket that she wore around her neck, and signing her name with his last name instead of her own. She was also bullied for her weirdness, and used the move to another school to reinvent herself. It didn't work too well and she still wasn't very highly thought of in high school, but she had four years to hone her new self and by the time she sees Ethan, Ronnie, and everyone else she remembers from middle school, she's a far cry from the mousey, cringey girl that would unironically call people "Baka" when angry. Despite her glow up, Nicole is still a hardcore anime fan and still openly expresses her love for nerdy shit, just in a ways that are trendy, such as enamel pins and graphic t-shirts. Like Ethan, she puts effort into her appearance now, and her attractiveness has gone a long way in warming people up to her.

She wasn't necessarily 'friends' with Ethan and Ronnie so much as she was friendly with them, but when it comes to running into a large chunk of the people they knew as kids back in college, she gravitates towards them since they were some of the few people who didn't bully her. Since her and Ethan are both on the reinvention train, they're able to bond in a way they wouldn't be able to otherwise, even being able to admit to each other and laugh about the things they did as kids that were too cringey to even be spoken of. Their relationship doesn't have to be romantic, but it can evolve into that.

Please understand that I’m going to be much more selective in who I choose as a partner, as I will only be choosing one partner for this storyline. It’s okay if your first message consists of questions asking for clarification on the setting and what I’m looking for in characters and plot, but if you message me please come prepared with characters (or character seeds), stories, and stuff like that. I can’t wait to hear from you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom