Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ꇙ ꒤ ꋊ ꋪ ꒐ ꒯ ꏂ ꋪ ꇙ : Desert Fantasy (INTREPID ADVENTURERS WANTED)

Archmagos Issac

Sir Ser Issac of Clarke of Chad the II
-------- ꓄ ꁝ ꏂ -ꇙ ꒤ ꋊ ꋪ ꒐ ꒯ ꏂ ꋪ -ꉔ ꁝ ꋪ ꄲ ꋊ ꒐ ꉔ ꒒ ꏂ ꇙ --------

Not much is known of the time before the Exodus. What is known is that the forefathers of Man, Fae, and Dwarf were forced to leave by monstrous threat our ancestors called the "Shyr Polaes" or in common "Blood Drinkers". The creatures spread like wildfire, wanting nothing more then to kill and multiply like locusts. Our ancestors were powerless to this enemy and were given no choice but the to leave the lush world they once called home. The fae called these lands “Jhyr Jhal” or in common speech, “The Lost Lands”.

To ensure the survival of not only themselves but future generations, the ancestors pleaded to the Makers for aid, a means to survive the horrors that threatened to consume their servants. The Makers answered in kind, leading those seeking to escape to what the ancestors collectively referred to as “The Conduit”, an ancient structure believed to be constructed by the Makers themselves. With the combined efforts of the old magic, the most powerful of the ancestors shamans and mages awoke The Conduit, opening a portal to new and unfamiliar lands, a place seemingly inhospitable to the threat that followed.

“Aezoli Jhal”, The Exiled Lands. A place of sand and stone, seemingly comprised only of shifting deserts and rocky canyons. A place seemingly inhospitable to any form of life. Little is known of that time. What is known is that our ancestors forced those creatures that followed into the Deep Deserts where they would perish, from there they began spreading out in search of places to call home. The dwarves took to the mountains, digging deep and thriving despite the harsh world. Many fae took to the deserts, becoming nomadic tribes that wandered the shifting sands. Some tribes of man took to the deserts in search of more hospitable lands, others settling on the first sources of water they could find, and others settling on in the ruins of what were once cities of the Makers that were teeming with powerful artifacts.

The deserts are a cruel and unforgiving place. Scorching heat, minimal water, dangerous terrain, sandstorms so powerful they can shred the skin from your bones in minutes, and that's just the elements without mentioning the deadly creatures as well. Despite all these things, there are still those who endure it all and those people more often than not place their faith and hope into the hands of those who are willing to travel through hell and back: Sunriders. Mercenaries, caravaners, heroes for hire, when someone needs something taken care of in the deserts, they recruit anyone from the Sunrider's Guild. Were it not for them, many would have suffered or died long ago....

As you likely could have gathered from the story above and from the title itself, I am looking for a small group of people to take on the roles of new recruits within the Sunrider Guild. I would like to have somewhere between 4 & 5 people to join with one of them taking on the role of both recruit and one of the primary antagonists. This person who doubles will play out a one-on-one scenario with my antagonist character and we'll get insight to what's going on behind the scenes until it's time for them to be introduced to the group publicly.

For our intrepid adventurers, the RP will begin with the group meeting with a veteran rider in the small underground settlement of Sando who will begin by evaluating the group. After the initial evaluation, the group will embark on a journey to aid an excavation team that has uncovered something major in an area known as Crescent Moon Canyon. From there, our story would unfold....

This looks promising, fits well with my usual themes. Dunno if you have other people yet, but, count me in.

Well, I guess I'll be the one that lets people know that others are actually joining. Dunno why, but it tends to be a bit of a domino thing -shrug- link me I guess, or... is this gonna be forum or discord? It just occurred to me that it's not hinted one way or the other.

Well, I guess I'll be the one that lets people know that others are actually joining. Dunno why, but it tends to be a bit of a domino thing -shrug- link me I guess, or... is this gonna be forum or discord? It just occurred to me that it's not hinted one way or the other.

I am good with either or. Whatever the majority of people want haha

I tend to prefer discord personally. Since I'm the only one, do I count as majority XD?

Alright, so a question. They went from one place to a desert that's written almost be unheard of. Were there no deserts where they came from or how long have they been in the new area? Trying to determine what kind of character I'm going to use as far as like... skin tone and usual attire go.

Alright, so a question. They went from one place to a desert that's written almost be unheard of. Were there no deserts where they came from or how long have they been in the new area? Trying to determine what kind of character I'm going to use as far as like... skin tone and usual attire go.

There were deserts where they came from but the biomes were more diverse. Forests, jungles, tundra. Here we got heat, sand, and stone. Some areas are lush but for the most part it is endless desert. As far as how long they have been, a few thousand years to be honest. Long enough that no one has direct memory of the old lands or the creatures that drove them out. Only myths and legends

Okay I'll probably play whatever the equivalent of like a Persian or Egyptian person would be in your setting. I'm not sure about being the antagonist though, I'll probably leave that for someone who knows for sure it's what they want, otherwise I could do it if nobody else.

Okay I'll probably play whatever the equivalent of like a Persian or Egyptian person would be in your setting. I'm not sure about being the antagonist though, I'll probably leave that for someone who knows for sure it's what they want, otherwise I could do it if nobody else.

Sounds like an elf or half elf for you. Most elves are desert dwellers or are descended from desert dwellers. That's quite alright. It's worth noting that the antagonist I have in mind is definitely inspired by the Egyptians so there is that haha

Ah, well in that case probably half elf, as in mostly human. I don't really want a pale or dark elf skin tone I want that "dusky" color and I... have never actually seen that for an Elf so finding art for that character would probably be a bitch tbh

Nope, I think I'm good, at least for now. Just waiting on others and all that stuff

Funny how that works. Days of silence and then two people within an hour. Far as I know, it's just us three plus the OP for now.

Back
Top Bottom