Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When The Old Meet Two-Disasters Anew (Guardian/Fluff)

"Good evening, Andrew. It is so nice to see you again, dear." Kirrea's mother spoke in a gentle voice, a smile on her lips although it seemed like she was coming down with something as well. She looked rather flushed and sickly. It seemed like Kirrea's own abilities were reacting as well, and it appeared that.... her own parents were the victims. Hopefully it wasn't anything deadly that the woman was infected with.
Kirrea was looking towards Andrew for a moment in time before she spoke, "Nap in the nurse's office was nice." With that she was giving a gentle nod of her head before she was commenting that she was alright.

Dinner came and went and he didnt mention the sick looking parents... Why worry them and their daughter. Best keep that on the down low....
"Have you guys heard about the new art shop thats opening up? I know you like time to paint Mrs Winters." he offered in light conversation once on the couch after the food was packed away.

(jumps?)

(Go for it)

Kirrea just looked towards Andrew for a moment in time at the mention of the new art shop that was opening up. Oh no she hadn't even heard about that and she was looking towards her mother, making a comment that they should go sometime, when it was opened up.

Friday... Why did Friday seem like a downer day? Sure they should consider it lucky that their room for their one class was still not operational. Proffessor also got a case of a bad cough. Plants around campus were coming down with some fungus and more trees then normal were loosing huge limbs.
"If this keeps up, we will have to change our walking path...." Andrew hushed out as they walked under many trees that had fresh chainsaw marks. He was worried for her parents now too, they were in bed sick.

Usually Fridays were suppose to be a more cheerful day, but not that Friday. That Friday was very gloomy, sadly enough. Kirrea walked along besides Andrew, listening to what he had to say about having to change up their walking path. This had her giving a nod although she didn't really speak at that point in time. No with everything that had happened she was rather stressed, which wasn't helping with her own symptoms whatsoever. She still wasn't even up to par. Kirrea was shifting her bag on her shoulder a bit and just tightened her grip on the bag a bit.

Moons and all that.. The current Death had been keeping an eye on their two choice quiet religiously, always open as he sat there for his work- little orbs of reapers contained the sorting souls. He never saw War or Famine again since their last full meeting- though... the places the two choices were were a sudden influx of soul arrivals. Not that he was going to stop their last hurrah.
He wondered about Pestilences choice, why give power to one on his door? Just a look over to his fellow rider under his own orb of her. Still busy to this hour. He didnt want to know what would become of them on this weekends moon...

"I have your back you know. Hey, what about a movie? Mall has that built in theater?" Andrew offered he friend as he kicked some leaves off the path.

Pestilence was just watching everything that was happening as well, although while watching they were also going around, taking care of their own thing. Currently they were standing within a small clinic in a very town, where many people had just gotten sick. People had dug up a disease that had been long buried, and they had gone there to take care of the problem.
Although it wasn't long before they were taking to returning to where Death was at before they were speaking, "You question my choice, just like the others. There is a reason behind it. She is sick with something I can care. To accept the mantle is to accept life, to not is to accept death. The choice is still there. But with accepting the mantle... she can do so much more like she wishes. She was like me when I was young... wanting to help the world."
Yes that is how Pestilence had once been, actually it was still how they were. Protecting the world as much as they could, but spreading disease as needed. Nobody knew how they decided who got sick, or even why, but it was something that they did anyways. And there had been something about the girl that had intrigued Pestilence. Her want to learn more about everything medical, to learn how to cure all diseases possible.

Kirrea was looking towards him for a moment in time before she was speaking, "A movie does sound like fun."

"I question what I seem odd. What I have not done is not accept it. But you are correct; to be of us is to live..." A hand collected a small soul that was making their way away from the rest that were getting checked in, a child, rebellious even in death. "Your doing?" he asked his comrade in name; voice ever calm. He let the child's soul swim between his fingers before handing the tired thing to a collector. They weren't told but it rocked the thing as it vanished.

"Really? You have the strength today?" The young mans smile lit his face in a true fashion; always around Kirrea. "I think the second one of those war movies is out... or what was that sparkle show you watched?" He would pull out his phone later if she decided they needed another movie choice- seeing as those were the only ones he remembered from commercials.

"And I have the strong feeling that this woman will be perfect for the job. She reminds me a lot of myself when I had been human. And with her being sick as she is, she will be sympathetic towards those that are seriously sick. Ultimately the only way to cure them other than the antibiotics and treatments, is my gentle touch to rid them of the disease, or your touch to completely take their lives." Pestilence spoke after a moment in time before their attention was just watching the child that was being brought in before they were making the comment that helping them fight was normal. "It is merely a child. And I know you don't like children any more than I enjoying seeing sick children."

Kirrea looked towards her friend for a moment in time before she was commenting that she was perfectly fine. She had slept all night, and rather hard as well. With that she was pushing a bit of her hair out of her face then looked when he questioned which movie, which just had her pursing her lips in thought for a moment in time. Nope she had no idea which movie she wanted to see. "Honestly I don't care what movie we go and see. I know all of the movies that were out looked interesting." she spoke with a chuckle.

"Great to hear..... lets see." Andrew kept moving, pulling free his phone to check out the movies. "We have Old Batty Bitty playing in an hour? Enough time for a quick mall wander?" he offered his friend as he stopped at the cross walk, leaning on the stop light pole. They moved on; a spot of rust chewing away on the new thing... A deadly thing they would find later that week..

"Asked only if it was you. Or if it was a victim of some crime." Death stood gingerly from his chair, holding the table for support. He wasn't the oldest, nor looked it- That was War. But he hurt all over when children came through his door, and more often it was children that had never really been given a chance to thrive. "We must teach them well, or their might be a time when all we... they see is just children....." No tone change came from the ancient Horseman, but knowing one for so long, worry for this next generation might be hiding in his words.
"I will see you tonight for their first meeting."

Pestilence just looked over before speaking "No it was my doing. I try to help when I can, when I know the time isn't right, especially if I can." With that they were just giving a nod at the mention of seeing him later that night, before they were just vanishing away in a swirl of mist.

Kirrea was tilting her head for a moment, thinking on if she remembered see a trailer for that or not. "Sure that works. That one looked entertaining." She commented after a moment in time, before she was tugging her sweater more tightly around herself. It was a warmer day yet she was freezing, not a major shock. "I cannot be out past three though. Appointment." She was letting him know, but that was still a number of hours away. Early birds they were, probably not a terrible thing.

"Uh..... Should kick us out at One..." he saw the movie time and the actual time. Moving closer, he offered an arm for her. He saw that sweater tug. "Imeanifyouwantit..." he muttered as if it were a foreign thing to offer her. Kinda, sorta? Anyway, if she didnt, no hurt feeling. "Im thinking Ice cream nugs at the theater with hot fudge, a mix for both of us."
(skip- something crashes in the mall while they walk?)

(Sure. I know ultimately she'll end up having that collapsing moment and end up back in the hospital, which is where she would get her offer.)

Kirrea was looking towards him for a moment in time before she was accepting his offered arm. No this wasn't an overly unusual thing for him to do. After that she was just walking along beside him before she was commenting that hot fudge and ice cream did sound really good. Although she was also stating that she definitely wanted some French fries. There was a place in the food court that made some pretty amazing cheesy fries. A bit addicting at times. With that she was humming softly as she walked along beside him before she commented, "Oh by the way my parents wanted you to come over again tomorrow. They had something they wanted to ask you, but I'll give you a heads up about the topic. Considering you are one of the few people that I hang around, and actually trust to actually know everything that is going on, and my parents trust you. They plan on going on vacation next month for like two weeks, and considering by then we'll be done with the semester, and the new one doesn't start for a few months. They are wanting to see if you wanted to hang out at our place with me while they are gone."

"Like stay at your parents place for a week? Out of the dorm?" he grinned and stopped to put both hands on her shoulders, facing her.
"YES. I would LOVE to stay and keep an eye on you." he stated clear, happy and right to her face. He turned back to her side, arm under hers to keep her warm-ish as they headed in to the mall.
----

Kirrea was giving a faint chuckle as she walked with him before she spoke, "I kind of figured that you wouldn't mind." Free food, no noisy people at out hours of the night. The only thing he had to deal with bugging him at night was the cat. All the movies he could think of, fast wifi that he wouldn't have to worry about being kicked off of because too many people were using it.

----

They walked around the mall for a while although things seemed to get a bit strange. Part of the floor on the upper level had given out, and came crashing down to the ground. And this happened right near where the pair happened to be walking at the time. This had Kirrea giving a startled gasp as she was taking a step backwards, and falling onto the ground. A few more steps forward and that would have fallen on them. Thankfully nobody had been walking under it when it had collapsed, other than they narrowly had, but a few people had fallen when it had collapsed.

Movie day would be set in hold now... They had still been waiting for it to start when the second floor near them started to crumble and fall. Being the time of day lessened the injuries if the patrons above.
Had they been any faster... they would have been crushed...
"K, are you alright?!" Andrew had fallen at the first sign of the debris and scrambled back to Kirrea's side when the dust started to settle. Screams were blocked, he was just trying to find his friend.

Kirrea was unharmed, currently sitting on the ground where she had fallen. She was coughing from the debris, and waving it away from herself at least attempting to. It wasn't working all that well. She could hear Andree calling for her, but she wasn't verbally answering. No he couldn't probably hear the coughing fit though. Work on calming her breathing was step one, that she knew. There were a few others that were going around asking if people were alright, and it seemed like the mall was calling an evacuation of the place in general, just to be safe.
Kirrea was just staring the debris that was laying in the ground. How had that even happened? She understood that stuff gave out with time but... this had been very sudden. Usually there was some kind of warning.
And there what had happened at the school. And all around the past week strange things had been happening.

"Let's find your friend. You look ready to collapse." A voice spoke and she found herself looking up to see a dark haired woman offering her a hand, which she was accepting and getting to her feet. It took a bit of looking but eventually Kirrea spotted Andrew from where she was standing next to the woman, more like using her as support. "His name? " The woman inquired and Kirrea was telling her it, which had the wan yelling out his name and waving him over.
The woman, Pestilence taking on a human appearance, wasn't interfering with anything. Merely there assisting the humans, and looking at the damage that had been done. Looking to see if it was a particular Riders emerging power, a combination of all, or something completely different.
She was however turning her attention towards the young woman beside her, who was just clutching her arm tightly. She could feel the weakness, could feel that darkness of unconscious hovering there. Which is why Pestilence wasn't shocked when Kirrea was collapsing.

"Shit!" the young man scramble over to her and the woman side as his Kirrea fell to the tiles and debris. "Thank you for finding her.... she got pretty far in that mess." he was more or less trying to calm himself down then to the woman that had been holding her upright for a little. His phone had a small cracked corner from where he had landed on in but it still worked long enough to join in the hundreds of 911 calls going around the mall. This wasn't just a localized point... it was spots all over. Still, just some bad injuries...no deaths yet hopefully. Andrew finally looked up to the woman after a minute- stilling his shakes hand by squeezing his Kirrea's. He might not want to be living.... but she didnt need to be like this if she didnt wake back up...... thats the wrong way......
"Thank you......." he spoke to her again..

The woman was tilting her head before she spoke "Come why don't I give the pair of you a ride." She was kneeling down to assist if the male wanted it, but she wasn't going to push her luck, she wasn't going to help unless he absolutely wanted the help. Luckily it seemed like not many others were injured, which was a relief.

"I don't know you. And I know the stranger danger rule..." Tighter grip as he adjusted his sitting method. If course he didn't know her, and by hell he wasn't going to trust her just cause she found Kirrea for him.
Fight over flight took over as he held the closet object, other then his phone, in his free hand- a ceiling strut. Corroded and red with rust, he held it like a kitchen knife.
On top of bandages, now he needed tetanus shots.

The woman looked over before she spoke with a sigh "You are being a bit silly and foolish. If K wanted to do something, I would have. But let me tell you this... If your friend doesn't get to the hospital soon... I won't be the only one you be seeing. I may have chosen her but her life flicks between Death and Life." With that she was turning and walking g away, but she was ensuring that he didn't get anything from the rusty item. "I'll be seeing you both again. Tonight. Under the full moon. " She whispered and seemed to vanish, nobody else even knowing she was there.

A bit of a tighter grip on his ceiling knife until that woman vanished..... When he was sure she was gone; though not fully registering how she vanished right now; he checked her pulse quickly and scooped her arm over his shoulder. Crazy lady was right, he did need to move her... and with the multiple police being called, hopefully one was outside already.
"All right Kie... we have to move... Im sorry if this hurts your head..." he slowly raised both of them up right, his weight shifting so he was holding her upright- ceiling knife in his back pocket...

Kirrea was partially with it, although not that much. Conscious again but not speaking, just kind of listening to everything. "Head doesn't hurt." She did end up mumbling before she was holding onto his shirt with her other hand, hugging onto his side for a moment. Not overly unusual for her to do that. No she just wanted to get out of there.

Hiking her higher to hold better, he carefully got them around the dust and mess and out through the flooded front doors- in both water and in people- The fountain had cracked...
“Help! Any one!?”
10 minutes and they were in their way to the hospital...

Well at least she had needed to go to the hospital anyways, it was just a bit earlier than what she had intended. Currently Kirrea was sitting next to Andrew with her feet tucked up on the seat, and she was using his shoulder as a pillow. Comfort if anything, especially considering she really felt sort on breath. It almost hurt to breath. Slow breaths.

Back
Top Bottom