Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When The Old Meet Two-Disasters Anew (Guardian/Fluff)

"I dont see why you didnt just take her yourself? He's mine, sure.... but still human." Death watched the ambulance ride and their disembarkment but spoke from his office and to the void. Yes, always heard if needed. But never often did they need private coms. Thats what meeting were for.
The flickering on his watching orb caught his eye though as the boys back now faced the watcher- "A new weapon? When was the last one created?" His human made a weapon of death?! Oh this was worrisome! Stronger then he and not fully invoked yet. That could only spell further disasters in the future if he created one now.
"We have a new weapon, you three."

Not that Famine cared, but War created her head from her spot at home.... Best get their two humans well taught then.

Pestilence looked over before she spoke, "Stop questioning what I do. You'll never understand me. Their bond as friends is strong.... just like ours had become after we had partnered up, and finally got along. Prior to that.... neither of us wanted anything to do with each other. I'm hoping that strong bonds between the riders of this generation will help everything in the future. Or at least some of them. I don't want it to be how it was when our own generation became riders." With that she was giving a small shrug over her shoulders before she was seeming to appear near him, for once she wasn't wearing her mask nor was she wearing a cloak.

"I question, because I am interested in learning." Death turned to face his partner, moving his hand, palm flat. He hoped she would accept it as a friendly gesture. An old friend after all.
"But we have an issue.... he created a weapon."
He had to rewind his video feed to show the other ruder the glowing weapon in his back pocket. "What ever that is.... we must make sure he learns the proper handling.

"I know... He grabbed it when I was there. He shall be taught. But something tells me.. There will be nothing to fear. " Pestilence spoke as she was just looking towards him with an eyebrow raised. what did he mean by he wanted to learn? What was he interested in learning more like it?

Ah, no hand; to the action he closed his hand back up. "Any weapon is a cause for fear. Their abilities are not know yet." he spoke slowly as he let the scene play out again- the boy stuck out side a door as the young lady was taken back for proper care. "He's a guard and a walking death. How doe we introduce this to them gently?"

Pestilence looked over before she spoke "There may not be a way to gently break the news to them. There wasn't a way to gently break it to either of us either if I recall." It was so long ago though, and so much had happened through that time. With that she was just watching as well before she spoke "A new weapon is to fear yes, but passing on a weapon is just as terrifying for the world as well." Exactly what she planned on doing. Pass on her mantle, her abilities, her weapon.

“We were in a disaster zone.... These two are not in any danger; well; except from themselves. Maybe a one on one visit?” Death whispered down to the table. She had grown apart from him though he still liked her... since the day they both accepted this position.

Eyes went to the orb as it blinked, his choice was spinning his new dagger as he awaited Pestilences choice. The boy was absolutely lost with out her....
“A question: why is it that us two are attracted to each other... and War and Famine are?” he stood out of his seat and went to the chest in the corner of the room. digging through it for something.

"We don't necessarily know that they aren't in danger. There is no way to predict what will happen in the future." Pestilence commented after a moment in time, before she was giving a faint shrug of her shoulders. No one on one time most definitely sounded like a good idea, meant that they were able to explain more to them. Hopefully anyways.

Pestilence was just looking towards him for a brief moment in time before she was shaking her head. "I have absolutely no idea to be honest. That is a question that all four of us have been wondering for a while." she commented.

After a second of rummaging, Death brought up a clothe wrapped object. "Pestilence. Do you remember my scythe? Do you know it wasn't my first?" he asked his friend and brought the object gingerly to the table.
"My first weapon... like his... was created on the fly..." he un folded it to reveal a sharpened spike. A small thing barely the size of his hand.
"Before I joined you and the previous two...... This saved me. Will you take this to your young lady please. See if she can know its story."

Pestilence looked towards Death for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "Yes I do remember your scythe." With that she was folding her arms behind her head and just looked towards the male for a moment in time. With that she was holding her hand out so that she could take the item from him stating that she would do that.

"I think.... it may help her realize in a softer way that she's not long for THAT world.... but also if she sees... help convince the boy... I highly doubt at his point we could separate them." Death almost didnt want to give up the stake, a hesitant two handed hold of the wooden thing was place in her palm. There was an internal cry of dont break it as he let it leave his finger. It would turn to dust if not in one of their hands; it was centuries old... this wood had not seen day in a long time- it didnt want to have it fade from him....

"OK, the nurses had enough..." The noise caught Andrew's ear as he stopped the spinning of his little piece of metal. A turn to it and it was nurse- guarding the rest of the people down in the waiting room. "Sir, we cant not allow you to keep spinning that thing." She said as the boy blinked and leaned back.
"Pardon? Its just a chunk of metal..."
"It is scaring the other people in the room that you might stab some one with it."
"Its... Its helping me stay calm... What am I supposed to do with my hands?????" The young man questioned the nurse as he protectively clamped on to the blade as she held out her palm. "I dont have anything against any of you..... I'll stop but Im not giving it up..." he held it flat on his dusty lap as the other people leaned away.

Pestilence was just looking over for a moment in time before she was commenting, "She already has an idea. That hasn't changed at all, and probably won't change. But still... she does fight." With that she was looking at the item that she was given before she was whispering something softly and wrapped magic around it before she was placing it into her bag. The magic would keep it safe from being accidentally destroyed, or broken. After that she was looking towards him for a brief moment, a slight smile on her features.

Eventually the nurse would find herself being called away by another nurse to assist her with something, and Andrew was being called back to where Kirrea was. Evidently things had definitely gotten worse than he had known, something that she hadn't really wanted to mention to him. Hadn't wanted to worry him, and it had been something that she hadn't really come to terms with. Something that she hadn't wanted to come to terms with, but now that she was back to laying in a hospital bed, she figured that she didn't have much of a choice. A nebulizer had helped with the breathing, but strangely she still found it more painful than usual.

The call back was what had the young man shoving the shard in his pocket- out of sight for the nurses but of safety of mind for him. The way his friend looked though..... he wanted it right back out to clamp on to. Opting for the less wounding route, he took her ankle quickly. With all the needles in and around her arms, he didnt want to squeeze them.
"Kirrea? Why is this all decked out on you..... you just got hit by some debris right?" A hand wanted to squeeze it far harder then her touched her with but Andrew was doing his best to not cause anything more.
They were both coated in dust from the collapse, they chair he had been sitting in breaking at the next patients butt, and Andrew still didnt want to be anywhere with out her.... That was his goal, live for her, maybe his schooling, then... maybe end it..... It wasn't an option to be alone....

Kirrea was just looking towards Andrew when he came into the room and was giving a light smile, before she was just giving a small shake of her head. No it was a lot more than just that, hence the tears that seemed to form. "I was in denial. Denial about how bad it was." she whispered in a soft voice and just shook her head again. The nurse that still happened to be in the room at the time was looking towards Kirrea for a moment before inquiring in a gentle voice if the young lady was wanting her to explain. This had Kirrea giving a nod and the nurse was looking towards Andrew before explaining how the cancer had spread from one lung to the other, and it was far worse than what they had originally thought. They were anticipating that she only had a couple of months versus the few years that they originally predicted.

That was.....horrible news. He didnt know what he could say, if anything at all, to make her...or himself better. "K....I.......I dont know if I can stay if you..." He couldn't even say the word, or even say he wanted to end it all. One not with the nurse here.... but.... "Its not right.... Why????"

Kirrea just looked towards him for a moment in time before she was giving a small shake of her head before she spoke, "Take a deep breath, and calm your mind. This has been something I have been dealing with since I was young. Every time I have been hospitalized, I've always bounced back. This time will be no different." She was quite optimistic, despite the fact that she was slowly beginning to lose faith. Hadn't lost it completely but she was pretty close.

There wasn't much he could say... He tried very hard to do as she said, Breath in; Breathe out. Andrew thunked his head to her knees and just cried in to her blankets. There was no way he could stay dry eyed with this new.

"Now, I see why we stick together..." Death patted the orb and collected a small soul that was flowing "We are drawn to our powers. And Theirs is QUITE strong, despite the fact we are not giving them their full powers until tonight. Do try and calm him please?" He patted the soul lightly as he walked it over to the correct gate for its collection.

Kirrea was just looking towards her friend gently before she was merely patting his head gently, resting against the pillows that were on the bed. No for the time being she was content, and strangely at ease. Almost eerily so actually. It wasn't long before she was closing her eyes, just relaxing at that point in time. Everything was going to be okay.
"My child... You have suffered so much. And your time slowly comes to an end. Even if I were to take away the cancer, your are still within Death's grasp. But, I can still save you. A mere offer. Take up my mantle, become the Rider of Pestilence, become in mortal. No more suffering, no more worrying about random hospital trips." a woman's voice just seemed to whisper from out of nowhere which had her opening her eyes with a slightly startled gasp. Sure enough there was a woman standing there, but she wasn't seen by anybody else at that point in time.
The Rider of Pestilence. Sounded like something from a story. But to become immortal....to not have to deal with this anymore. Not to mention, from what the woman was telling her, she could also help those that were suffering the same fate as she was. Kirrea was just giving a slow nod of her head and the woman just seemed to be gliding forward before she was gently touch Kirrea's chest, and the human felt a lightness. Breathing was far easier than what it had been, actually this caused a sudden coughing fit, which would more than likely startle Andrew.
"Tonight.... Midnight. Bring your friend with you, and go to the abandoned chapel atop the hill. We shall be waiting. Until then.... enjoy not having to deal with suffering. Enjoy a day as a normal young adult." Pestilence whispered before she was turning and gliding over towards Death, the only thing being left beside was her signature, a white and crimson rose, laying on the pillow next to the girl.

It was hard to think he might be loosing his friend.. It hurt him more than he cared to let on, his own chest sore from crying in to her blankets. But at the girl's leg shaking cough he bolted to a sit; "Kirrea?" Voice shakey but alert.. Damn it all do let that day be today. "K! Hey, deep breath and hold it!" he guided a hand to her back to keep her facing her knees... He'd been through a fit of hers before and it was just as nasty...

"Interesting choice. A taste of fresh air...." The rider of Death tapped his friends shoulder, and offered... a hug.... They weren't going to be here any more after tonight. They would have a night to show them the ropes... then they would vanish....

Pestilence just looked towards Death before she was giving him a gentle hug, then commented that they should probably get going. They had some things to prepare themselves.

Kirrea's coughing fit ended a lot faster than it usually did and she was a bit startled that she was able to breath with ease. She was assuring Andrew that she was alright before she spoke, "Something strange happened...." After that she was explaining what had just happened the woman that had appeared in front of her, the offer that had been made. How they were suppose to meet somewhere at midnight, and was evening commenting that it didn't hurt to breath.

Oh, despite being all human right now, the young man growled.. "Sounds like the woman that tried to take you from me at the mall." A heavy lean back slid his chair an inch; crossing his arms and looking down.. He didnt comment on the fact just the way she was speaking sounded like she was getting more air in her... She 'sounded' better... but... some times, like pets and old people, they had a burst of energy before passing away... and he didnt want that to happen to her.
"Why would you trust a dream, Kirrea? That sounds..... dangerous and suspicious." Arms un folded to wipe at his eyes, the beeping alerts had drawn in the nurses...
Very much so he still wanted to hold his metal chuck he picked up... it was a soothing thing.... but he promised not too....
But it also seemed to want to be held, heating up in his pocket to the point he was shifting how he was sitting to not get burned..

"I will miss you, my partner in crime..." the hooded death whispered before letting her go and pulling away to continue the job he had been doing for ages now....

Kirrea looked towards him for a moment in time when he was inquiring as to why she would trust a dream. This had her hesitating for a moment before she was commenting, "Because trusting a dream is all that I can do. Accepting her offer.... I don't have to worry about this anymore. I would be immortal, not having to suffer. I could help those that are suffering as I had..... I felt like her words were true."

Pestilence was looking towards him for a moment before she was giving a soft smile and pulling up her hood, placing her mask back on before she was fading away.

Andrew almost bristled at the words.... sometimes dreams were just that... dreams. He stood back when asked to by the nurses, checking her breathing. They were all wearing a confused look as they double checked...."Leave the room.." he was asked and he listened.... Taking his little blade back out as he sat in the hall.
They wanted to check her while walking too, and with a backless gown... not a sight for the young man.

Back
Top Bottom