Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Visual Novel World - Taboo Teachings

Ahlanna

Star
Welcome to Jiinagi Academy, the finest educational institution in Ouni Prefecture!

Thanks to our rigorous coursework, our beloved students are well trained for the various challenges life throws at them, from programming, to philosophy to demonic invasion. Experience the wealth of cultural and social experiences Jiinagi offers, from drama club to swim team to mind control. Mingle with your fellow classmates, learn tolerance, love and understanding of different points of view, such as those espoused by a debauched cult under the watchful, yet benevolent, eye of the Absurdly Powerful Student Council (tm).

Third-year students can look forward to instruction from the following well qualified professionals and mentors:
Act now, space is limited, and spots are filling fast with quality students like these (and yes, that really is teen sensation Igara! Jiinagi prepares you for success, whatever your career choice):

Visual Novel World is a game system developed by steelsmiter. I'd describe it as a hybrid-narrative system, with simpler mechanics than a d20-based game. In this system, you tend to make one abstract roll to determine success/failure ("roll Sports to climb out of the pit") instead of a bunch of rolls with highly detailed modifiers ("so that's a -2 for the slickness of the rope, with a +1 bonus thanks to your teammate's success at tying it off at the top. Though you're still a little dazed from your fall into the pit, so -2 from that. Because you have infravision, I don't need to apply the low light penalty. Though I will need checks for every 10' of the climb so we can determine how much damage you take if you fall")

Because this system is designed to replicate a Visual Novel, your character can't really die. Defeated, bound and corrupted by the forces of darkness, maybe, but even that's not common. Most challenges are about lighter things, like getting that hot stud or babe to notice you, struggling your way to a passing grade on a pop quiz, catfighting with a rival, or winning a hurdles race. When you do get damaged, healing and recovery takes place through acts of affection. Or, if you're boring, you can visit a doctor or do bed rest or something.

In this system, you make your character with three stereotypical visual novel archetypes, from journalist to tsundere to accidental pervert. Many other archetypes can be found in the system PDF available here - that link includes the main book and an expansion, though much of the expansion material may not be relevant to this roleplay.

This roleplay can run with as few as one PC, and we've already got one lined up, so this RP is guaranteed to run! Familiarity with the rules is not required (this is a playtest game, so we're all learning) and knowledge of the setting is even less important (since I mostly made it up myself).

Jiinagi Academy is in a small surburb-of-a-suburb called Oseigi Falls, nestled at the base of Mt. Klimaka.
Jobs in Oseigi Falls are dominated by the Sokoru Hightech Electronics (S.H.E.) factory, which has been responsible for an economic boom in the area. Traditionally the city mostly got by on tourism from its renowned onsen hot springs resort in the north, and waterfall in the south. Port Oseigi was a sleepy complex that mostly shipped grain and wine from the rural areas to the south, until S.H.E. came along. With increased development has come increased amenities, which has made the city more attractive to business. One new addition is a branch office of Sky Helix Corporation, a bio-agricultural conglomerate.

Sheet in progress

Name: Akiko Amagi
Some of her performance costumes:
ur3esdw.png

wv4odyq.jpg

Rx9uLsL.jpg

2mCBRPJ.png
Casual Clothing:
G1aiHoU.jpg

iAqFA5T.jpg

Vk0H2tZ.jpg
And Swimsuit!
i5GRyfD.jpg
Archetypes: Yandere/Idol/Dancer
Look: Knowing eyes, blonde flowing locks, willowy body, fan service clothes
Senpai: Kei
RL: 1 RP:
Drive:
Romance

Attributes:
Hot: +
2*
Weird: +1
Cool: -1
Smarts: +0
Sports: +1

Cup size: C
Bruises: 4
Blood: 4

Starting Moves:
Entourage: Servants; books and instruments; Hospitality, music and poetry; none
Improvised Weapons:
Magical Dance:

Equipment:
5,000 yen
Limo/tour bus
Wireless microphone
Multitool
Spare change of clothes
Journal
5,000 yen
A smart phone

GPA/Bonds
GPA
: 2
Bonds:
+1 Kei
+1 Dance/music instructor
-2 Igara Fans
+2 Her fans

Last edited:
As of this post, Bonds and RL are divorced, and use two separate columns of the Comfort Zone table. New entrants should go redownload the book, even if they already have a copy.

Sheet in progress

Name: Rin Abiko
Archetypes: Megganekko, Sports Star
Look: Swimwear Goggles, School Uniform, Pinned Hair
Senpai: Jeremiah
RL: 1 RP:
Drive: Romance

Attributes:
Hot: +0
Weird: -1
Cool: +1
Smarts: +2
Sports: +1

Cup size B
Bruises: 4
Blood: 4

Starting Moves:
Coordinate Your Effort
Honor Student
Back up Plan
Athleticism: Swimming
Equipment:
1000 Yen
Spare Change of Clothes
Water bottle filled with vitamin water.
2000 Yen
Smart Phone
Umbrella

GPA/Bonds
GPA: 5
Bonds: Akiko is my favorite Idol. +1
Kei is my swim club ace. +1
Yoshiro is my classmate +1
Hanako is looks good in Yellow and Black +1

th

Last edited:
Name: Fujisaki Fuuko
latest
Archetypes: Sports Star/Genki Girl
Looks: Excited Eyes, Cropped Hair, Lithe Body, Sports Jersey
Drive: Show-off
Senpai: School Spirit
RL: 1 RP: 0

Attributes
Cool:
+0
Hot: +1
Smarts: -1
Sports: +2
Weird: +1

Cup size: A
Bruises: 5
Blood: 5

Starting Moves
Athleticism: Gymnastics
(Treat as Figure Skating mechanically)
Enthusiasm

Advanced Moves
Shameless

Equipment

Spare change of clothes
A water bottle (filled with vitemin drink)
1000 yen
Cute keychain
A journal to record exciting things
500 yen

GPA/Bonds: Sports +1 = 3
+2 Our gymnastics club is really strong this year! (4 points)
+2 Akiko's such a great dancer! (2 points)
-2 Yoshiro is always nitpicking on me! (-2 points)
-1 Hanako's fun, usually, but sometimes she can go really overboard

Last edited:
So do I contact Ahlanna via PM, wait for them to post here, or something else?
(Also, is the character alright otherwise, and what's your take for gymnastics specialty for Sports Star?)

Just a note, while this RP is in progress, I'm always willing to add late entrants who may be interested.

Back
Top Bottom