Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Avatar World (RainK and LadyWolfie)

RainK

Star
Zara Kace

Zara smiled as she stretched her arms out above her head and glanced around enjoying the view that she had this morning. She had left home not to long ago to explore the world and enjoy her freedom and to see what was out there. Her parents had wanted to marry her off to some guy to raise their status, she hadn't cared so as soon as she could she had run out the back and she would never look back. Glancing behind her at her tent she nodded her head "Welp I think its time to be heading out and seeing what today has for me." She nodded her head and moved around her camp sport taking everything down and once it was all stored up she turned down the road. As she walked she glanced around and it was then she spotted someone in distress not to far from the road, it seemed to be another woman fighting off some bandits. She swore and dashed forward getting steadily closer until she was around fifty feet away then she pulled the ground up from under her and launched herself forward. As she flew forward she aimed for the largest man and smashed into him before hopping up and launching several larger rocks towards the rest of the group. "Get away from her you cunts" She growled there were about 7 other bandits and she quickly took out two more dropping them into a pit she made before dashing towards the other 5

Natsumi had been raised in an orphanage in Zaofu, never knowing her parents. When she showed signs of being an Earth bender the Matron of the Orphanage had been furious and forbid her from practicing the art. However, she continued to practice in secret, longing to attend the Metal Bending school started by Toph Beifong. When the Matron found out that Nat had continued to practice Earth bending she had punished the girl with a whip. To protect herself Nat had accidentally used her Earth bending to throw the Matron across the room, which lead to her being thrown out of the Orphanage at only 16 years of age. It wasn't long after that, she was found by a group calling themselves the White Lotus. They believed she could be the next Avatar and that is how she ended up on the road to Ba Sing Se. They wanted to take her to the Earth Kingdom capital to confirm their suspicions and begin her training in the four elements. She knew Earth Bending, but was far from a master, they planned to find her a master in the Capital if they were right.

There traveling had been slow, it seemed to be the philosophy of this group that one should never rush into anything. But Natsumi was excited she had never been anywhere but Zaofu and she was looking forward to seeing the world. She was in a hurry to see all she could, the White Lotus did not have the same excitement or urgency for travel. After all they had been searching for 16 years for the new Avatar already, so they could be far more patient then the 16 year old girl seeing the world for the first time. That was why she had gone ahead of the group while they packed up Camp. She wasn't far, but too far for them to be immediate help if she got herself into trouble.

And that is exactly what happened. Not far down the road she found herself suddenly surrounded by bandits. She didn't know why they would be out during the day, but she guessed that had waited most of the night, and hadn't caught anyone so they stayed after sunrise to catch the earliest traveler they could. She might not be a master Earth bending but she had a feeling she would be more then they bargained for. What Nat hadn't expected what someone else to show up and save her, and another Earth Bender at that! She was in awe as she watched the woman easily take care of half the group, then charge the last five. Nat came to her senses as she watched the men prepare for the attack.

"Those ones are mine!" Natsumi declared as she caused the ground to give way under the two on the outer edge of the group. Then she launched the next two into the air and back towards the trees, leaving the one in the middle which she finished off with a small boulder to the face. That was about the limit of her skills as a bender so far. She was above a novice but below a trained practitioner. Her apparent skill could be chalked up to pure raw talent, the makings of the Avatar as it were. Once the bandits were taken care of she turned to the the woman. "Wow, you were amazing!" she said as she watched the woman.

The White Lotus would be catching up soon, and likely scold Nat for going so far ahead of them.

As she faced off against the rest of the crowd she brought up a shield of earth to stop them from charging her. But it seemed that was all unnecessary for as soon as she had the wall up the other girl went on the attack and soon enough all the rest of the bandits were on the ground. She turned and looked the other girl up and down it seemed she was still getting the hang of her bending abilities. She had done fine but her boulders and everything else was a bit unrefined, she finished up and stood there panting some before turning to Zara and complimenting her. At her words a quick blush raced up her face and she looked down at her feet "Aww thanks I was just doing what I thought was necessary." She shrugged again before glancing around at the felled bandits "Seems like these guys didn't have a good night and were just looking for some easy prey. But they got more than they bargained for."

She giggled and pumped her arm in front of the other showing off her muscles for a moment before she stepped forward and held out her hand "Names Zara, Zara Ka.... just Zara" She gave another small smile catching herself before letting out her last name, she didn't know if the girl had heard of her family and she'd rather keep it that way. At that moment another group of people decided to make there way over the hill and start rushing towards them. Shaking her head she spun around and threw up another wall to protect the woman behind her "It seems they had friends waiting for us, don't worry I think we can handle it though."

It was only as they drew closer that she noted the designs on their clothes and that they were rushing towards the other girl with condescending tones. As she turned to look over at her, her eyes went wide and she shook her head before dropping to her knee in a bow before her "Oh my gosh you're the avatar I'm so sorry I was just talking to you like nothing." She blushed even more looking up through her hair at her

Natsumi smiled as she heard the other girls reply, "Yeah they did, probably didn't expect one Earth Bender, and got two." she replied with a laugh. She couldn't help but blush as she saw the girl flex and then extend her hand and introduce herself. "I'm Natsumi!" she replied as she also noticed the people coming towards them. She recognized them the second they appeared, by the dark haired woman leading the way. There were a few visible gray strands in her hair but what stood out most were her green eyes. As Nat noticed Zara's reaction she was about to stop her when she seemed to realize who the three people were.

As Zara bowed Natsumi's eyes got wide and she stepped back. "Oh... n-no I'm not the Avatar... well it hasn't been confirmed... p-please don't bow... it's really embarrassing, especially if they are wrong." she said to the other girl but didn't have time to say anything else as the dark haired woman reached her. She was far older then her appearance and speed had shown as she grabbed Natsumi by the shoulders and looking into her eyes.

"What were you thinking! You're just as reckless as Korra was." the woman said, the worry was clear in her voice. "What if something happened to you..."

"I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to be reckless... it's just... well I've never been so far from Zaofu... and well... I got excited to see everything...." Natsumi replied as she looked down and bit her lip. This seemed to make the woman relax as she released Natsumi's shoulders and stepped back with a sigh. The other two White Lotus members didn't seem as calm and they ranted about Nat going on ahead of them and not waiting.

After a moment of bowing Zara righted herself and smiled at her "Sorry I've had a long life of having to please or at least pretend to please important people." She chewed on her own lip for a moment before smiling at her again "I like your name by the way it is very pretty." She giggled nervously she was out of her depth as soon as she found out that the other girl she was talking to was the avatar. It had been a while since she'd met someone important not to mention that someone was a very attractive girl, so while usually she would be able to get by on her confidence and charm the combination of the two made her kind of fall apart.

After a few more moments the rest of her group seemed to catch up and was all over the other girl. As they drew close she stepped out of the way and a blush crept across her face when she realized that the woman was Asami Sato owner of Sato industries and the former avatars paramour. Despite how old she must have been she was still a gorgeous woman and Zara was in an awkward yet amazing spot. She was in close proximity to two beautiful women and somehow she was still on her feet. As Asami grabbed Natsumi she tensed up, but it seemed she was only worried for the girl, which made sense given what happened to Avatar Korra.

It seemed Nat had wandered off on her own and wasn't supposed to so while Asami was a bit lenient the other two stepped in to berate her and Zara didn't much care for that. "Hey she didn't mean to get into trouble it just happened to find her much like it does every Avatar I bet." She smirked and stepped forward so that she was standing beside the other girl "And besides she is nearly an adult and on top of all that she's the Avatar, I think she can handle herself. And if not I was there and I think I'll be there in the future." She nodded her head having decided she was gonna stick around with this girl it seemed she might be fun

Natsumi took a small step back as the other two White Lotus began to rant, she was used to being yelled at, but she really didn't like it.

"You can't just run off like that! We are here to protect you on the way to Ba Sing Se!" the First said with a deep scowl.

"What if those bandits had been the same group who killed the previous Avatar! You can't be so reckless any more!" the Second added on to what the first was saying. Nat just bit her lip as she looked at the ground. When Zara step up next to her to defend her she smiled slightly, but only ended up being the next target of the White Lotus members.

"That maybe be so, but how can we trust you? You are just some random Traveler, for all we know, you could be with those bandits!" The first was the one to speak up once more.

"But she's not... she saved me..." Natsumi argued as the second White Lotus turned back towards her. Meanwhile Asami was getting annoyed and had, had enough.

"Enough! Natsumi is safe, that's all that matters now." Asami said as she glared at the other two White Lotus members until they backed off. Then she turned to Zara, "Thank you for helping Natsumi, it means a lot to me. You're more then welcome to travel with us to Ba Sing Se, after that I don't know yet." she said with a warm smile.

Natsumi relaxed once the yelling had stopped and finally took a deep breath as she looked up once more. "I promise I wont run ahead again. But I'm ready to continue our journey if everyone else is." she commented as she looked around the group, hoping everyone was relaxed and at the very least less anger then a moment before.

Eyes went wide as the two members turned on her suddenly berating her and talking at her. "Hold up hold up I am not with these idiots." She glared down at the unconsious bandits then turned her glare on the others. "And besides if I had wanted to grab her and run I definitely could have. Her earth bending is good but it needs to be refined, I could have easily beat her and then dashed away avatar in tow with you all none the wiser. So at least one thank you is in order."

She huffed and crossed her arms before turning her attention back to Asami as she stepped forward. "My names Zara it is very nice to meet you ma'am and I would love to come with you all." She smiled and turned back to Nat "I'm ready to go when they are hun." She smiled and started off down the road not waiting for the others sure they would follow considering she had wrapped her arm through Nats and was pulling her along.

Asami sighed and put her hand to her head thoughts of Korra running through it "Great Natsumi was easy maybe a little timid and to innocent but easy to deal with. But now I'm stuck with this brash girl who seems to think shes part of the gang now." She let out another sigh before ushering the other two forward and following them down the road.

Natsumi looked between the White Lotus members and Zara as they argued until Asami broke things up. She relaxed once it seemed everything was settled, though she hadn't expected Zara to put an arm around her as they started their journey once more towards Ba Sing Se. She couldn't help but blush as Zara called her hun and kept her arm around her shoulder. She didn't know how much farther they had to go, but she did hope they didn't run into any more trouble. "So... how far are we from Ba Sing Se? and Why not go to Republic City for this instead?" she asked as she glanced back at Asami and the other White Lotus. As she waited for that answer she looked at Zara, "So where are you from? As you've already heard I'm from Zaofu." she asked as they walked. Being so close to the other girl had her feeling really nervous, but she also felt comfortable and safe. She actually found she had to stop herself from leaning into the girl, as she didn't want to upset her.

Zara smiled as she walked side by side with the other girl her arm wrapped around her protectively as she forged a path forward. Glancing down at the other girl she smiled and shrugged "Ohh I'm from the Earth Kingdom as well just don't worry about the specifics those don't matter." She smiled and nodded before glancing back at the other girl then once more at the girl beside her, she couldn't help but blush as she took in how attractive she really was. "So not to offend but how come you're s...umm well bad at earth bending." She blushed as she looked over at her "I mean you seem old enough to have been doing this for a while."

Asami glanced forward and gave the younger girl a smile "Because we need to train up your earth bending. So we will head to the capital to do that then once we feel satisfied you've come a decent way we will head to one of the other capitals before finishing up in Republic City to train with the airbenders there. So don't worry we're gonna get you in tip-top shape in no time." She gave a small giggle before letting the girl turn back to her companion

Natsumi couldn't stop herself from blushing at being so close to Zara. It was making it hard for her to concentrate but she didn't want to seem rude by asking for a little space. "But that's not exactly fair... I told you where I'm from." she replied a bit disappointed. She was starting to get the feeling Zara might be hiding something that could make her dangerous to them. With a sigh she thought about her next answer, she had a feeling she would have to answer why she wasn't very good with Earthbending. "Well... I was raised in an Orphanage and the Matron didn't like benders so she didn't let me practice. So I had to hide and teach myself without any mentor or anything." she replied as she looked at the ground. As she heard the answer from Asami she nodded, it made sense, she couldn't really be a good Avatar, if she even was, if she didn't know how to Earthbend. By all rights she should be close to mastery of the basics by now, as Zara pointed out. She couldn't help but be curious why the other woman didn't want to tell them where she was from, it couldn't be that bad and it seemed one of the White Lotus picked up on that as well.

"So then you wont tell us where you're from? I think you're hiding something. I bet she's a criminal on the run from the law, Asami we can't let her influence the Avatar." the man said calmly as he caught up with Asami. He was glaring towards Zara as he spoke to the woman.

Zara rubbed the back of her head blushing some of her own, once she had stopped staring at Asami and just focused on Nat she was back to her cool and confident self. "Sorry hun its a secret." She smiled and gave her a cute wink before nodding her head at the answer she was given "Well that would explain it but that is something that's just not right." She huffed and patted the other girls back "I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm sure you'll be able to learn to an amazing extent I mean you trained yourself to the level you're at right now. And while it can use some work it's amazing." She nodded her head only to overhear the voice of one of the men behind her "I am not a criminal. I'm just trying to avoid some stuff I'd rather not talk about" She blushed and shook her head "Its nothing bad just personal and worthy of avoiding."

Asami raised a brow at the other girls answer and waited for her answer only to narrow her eyes "Well while I don't like that you're avoiding an answer you did help Natsumi. And as you said you could have easily run off with her while we were trying to catch up." She nodded her head as she continued to follow along behind her "For now we will allow you to stay with us but we're watching you closely."

Natsumi frowned at Zara's answer, she didn't like that she was avoiding answering when she had just told about her past. But she could understand not wanting to talk about things. She hadn't exactly wanted to talk about her past either. "Thanks, I'm glad someone thinks so." she replied as she glanced back at one of the White Lotus members. It was hard to tell exactly which one she glared at. So she was feeling a bit uncomfortable being held so closely to someone she just met, and came up with an excuse to get a little space. "Umm... I'm getting a little warm, do you mind if we get a little space?" she asked as she carefully slipped out from under Zara's arm with an apologetic look on her face. She could be tough, but right now she didn't want to seem rude.

Zara glanced over at the other girl and gave her a smile before she turned back to the road after a bit the other girl pulled free of her grip with a polite excuse. Raising her brow she nodded and stepped away "Sure hun no problem" She smiled and let her arm slip from her grip, she wouldn't push it because she felt the other girl was a bit upset at her after her refusal to answer their questions. Giving another weak smile she shook her head before nonchalantly pulling a rock out of the ground, she tossed it back after looking it over and then tried to find another one until after tossing several back she picked one that seemed good. Nodding she smiled and started to concentrate on it carving away at the small rock with her bending create precise cuts here and there and as she worked a small statue of a turtle duck would take shape.

Natsumi nodded, and was glad that Zara didn't seem upset when she moved away from her as they walked. She couldn't help but wonder how much farther they has to go before they arrived at Ba Sing Se. "Ms. Asami, how much farther is the city?" she asked as she looked towards the woman. She couldn't help but wonder how things would change if she really was the Avatar. Asami seemed to think she was, and that was why the White Lotus believed it. Nat wasn't as convinced and she knew even the White Lotus had their doubts. She couldn't blame them, she wasn't a very good bender so it wasn't like she gave them a reason to believe it. She sighed as they walked, she took in their surroundings, she wanted to remember the trip even if she wasn't the Avatar.

Zara continued to work on her little statue raising an eyebrow as she glanced over at the girl. She took in her appearance and carefully thought about her, despite how she looked the girl could very well be the avatar. They tended to be a bit surprising when they appeared Kyoshi thought her friend was the avatar for the longest time and then surprised herself so who knows. Zara was along for the ride now and was going to help the cute girl, plus if she really turned out to be the avatar well it would certainly be fun to be around her. Looking down at her little figure she smiled and held it out for Nat "For you"

Asami was wondering over some ideas in her head some for her company others for the young girl before her. At her question, she didn't answer for a moment until she was nudged by one of the white lotus members. "Huh? oh well, it will probably take us the rest of today. We should get to the wall tonight camp outside then head into the city proper tomorrow."

Natsumi continued to walk, taking in all the sights as they moved ever closer to their destination. She nodded as she heard Asami, "I can't wait!" she commented with a smile. She was glad things were quiet now, after the "excitement" of the morning she didn't think she could take much more. Of course her actions probably meant the White Lotus members would be watching her more closely. It was likely if they ran into anymore bandits she could lose her freedom entirely during this trip. It wasn't like it was her fault the bandits had attacked her, well maybe it was since she was alone. But it was her first time out of the town she was born in, how was she supposed to know there would be Bandits on the main road? Shaking the thought from her mind she turned towards Zara as she heard her and looked at the offered figure. She accepted it and looked over it, "Thanks, it's really pretty." she commente as she looked at the figure. Though she had no where to put it for the moment so she simply held it. "I don't really have anything to give you in return though..." she added as she bit her lip for a moment.

Zara smiled and shook her head "Don't worry about it hun I was bored and when I get bored I like to use my hands." She smiled as she flexed her fingers. "Plus with everything that's happened today I figured you could use a little pick me up. Hence the turtle duck." She smiled and gave her a wink before snapping her finger "Hey what if you try to make your own while we're walking, its great practice and it lets you work on refining your techniques. And I would be more than happy to help you." She smiled again as she continued to walk beside the other girl.

Asami gave Nat a smile
"That's good keep that excitement sweety." She watched as the two girls talked and how the earth bender had made a simple trinket for Nat. She smiled sadly rubbing the necklace Korra had made her for their engagement. Shaking her head she called up to Nat "It wouldn't hurt to try and theres no one around to see if you really mess up." She chuckled and gave her a friendly wink

For a moment Natsumi was glad to have a suggestion to help her bending, until Asami's comment made her frown slightly. "Well you don't have to be that way about it Ms. Asami... assuming I'd fail before I even tried." she commented with a small huff as she looked for a rock to use for her practice. "I'm not very artistic so I don't really know how this is going to work..." she added as she found a decent sized rock. She was going to try making a Badger Mole, though she wasn't really sure if she could do it or not. As she worked she glanced over at Zara, "So can you metal bend?" she asked simply.

As Natsumi started trying to make a figurine of a Badger Mole one of the White Lotus members started muttering complaints about how the Avatar should be learning to be vigilant at all times not working on making silly trinkets. Though he wasn't quite loud enough for Natsumi to notice, he was making quite a big deal about nothing considering there were currently four other people around the young woman who were far more skilled then she was.

Zara glanced back at the other woman and the other members before turning her attention fully to the girl beside her. "Don't concentrate too much on it hun, sure you want to later but since you're just starting out it would be better if you just felt the power and let it push through you. We're not water benders so we don't dance with it but we do feel the earth and we shape it by our will." She smiled and nodded to her "So just see the picture you want to make and make the rock look like it. Oh and yes I can I've also experimented with lava bending but that one's kind of hard." She shrugged flashing her another smile as she watched.

Asami frowned and shook her head
"I'm not saying you would fail hun. I was simply pointing out that no one is here to judge you. All of us here just want to see you do you're best I assume." She glanced pointedly at Zara "So like I said don't worry about failing and just try." She smiled at her once more before turning a glare on the muttering white lotus member "She must learn to walk before she can run and this is good practice for her now hush up and let her try."

Natsumi nodded slowly as she heard Zara, she was trying to focus on making the Badger Mole. She didn't notice the White Lotus member who was complaining. As she worked on the rock she did her best to listen to what Zara was saying. Though they Badger Mole didn't come out quite right and looked pretty bad actually. When she was done she frowned as she looked at the finished product. "I guess I'm not very good..." she said with a huff as she looked at the ground and sighed once more. She felt bad because she didn't do as well as Zara had.

Zara continued to stroll alongside the girl going quiet after a bit to allow her some time to concentrate on what she was doing without her distracting her. After a bit, she seemed to have finally finished and she held up...well a clump of rock with some vague edges here and there. "Hmmm well its not pretty, but it is good for a first try." She smiled trying to reassure her as she carefully took it from her and looked it over with a closer eye "I mean I can tell you were trying to make a badgermole so that's something, let's just try again." She gave her another bright smile before picking up a few more rocks she licked "Here, now remember you're in control so you make the rock do what you want or look how you want it to look."

Natsumi was a bit disappointed in her work, but Zara's optimism made her smile as she took the new rock and started over. Though this time she wasn't sure what she should make and took her time to decide as they walked. She bit her lip as she thought about what to make this time, eventually settling on a Flying Bison. Though she had never seen one in person, she couldn't explain how she knew she could make one. Though as she started working the new figurine her stomach growled rather loudly and she blushed. "S-sorry..." she muttered as she rubbed her stomach. "Ms. Asami, when will we be stopping for lunch?" she asked as she looked ahead to the other woman. She would also use the time to focus more on the bending and less on the distractions of making a mistake.

Zara smiled and nodded her head giving her a thumbs-up as she took the rock and started working on it again. She seemed to be really concentrating on the rock this time although Zara could tell she was letting herself just be for the moment. Smirking she shook her head and then the girls belly growled and she couldn't help but giggle her mind almost shutting down at the sight of the adorable girl blushing "Don't worry about it hun I'm getting hungry to."

Asami had been watching the two as they walked as well as diverting the other lotus members and discussing things with them. At the girl's question she looked up at the sky then around the road before pointing up the road. "Once we make it to that clearing up there we can stop and relax for a bit as well as grab something to eat." She smiled and nodded up at the other girl before giving her a thumbs-up as well.

Natsumi nodded as she heard both Zara and Asami, then went back to work on the rock. She was trying to focus on the rock and turning it into the flying bison to distract herself from her hunger. There were so many things on her mind that it was a bit hard to concentrate but she managed somehow. She wanted this statuette to come out better then the last so she suppressed her doubts about whether or not she was the Avatar and tried to control her excitement about travailing to the Earth Kingdom Capital. In fact she was concentrating on the rock so much that she almost walked completely past the clearing and wouldn't have stopped if one of the Lotus members, the nicer of the pair, hadn't called out to her as she was about to walk into a tree. Nat stopped and looked back, before looking forward and gasping as she stepped back. "I... um... meant to do that... I was going to go around it." she said as she turned back to the others and made her way over. She was doubtful if anyone actually believed her. With a sigh she looked at her work, it was only half done as she had spent more time on each detail this time though she wasn't sure if it resembled what she was trying to make yet.

Zara smiled and nodded her head as she continued to wander down the road next to her new friend. She smiled finding the concentrating face the other was making quite cute. She giggled some nodding her head as she watched the rock slowly form into whatever was working through the girl's head at the moment. She could tell that this time she was trying all the harder as the lines and shapes she was managing to bring out of the rock were much sharper and more defined. "There ya go you're getting it." She smiled over to her only stopping when she realized they had reached the small clearing, glancing around she found somewhere to settle down and started spreading out a blanket so she could sit down. After a moment she glanced up when she heard the lotus member calling and caught sight of the younger girl barely stopping in front of the tree. "We get that hun we just didn't want you to leave us behind hehe." She giggled and winked at her before beginning to bring her food out

Back
Top Bottom