Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars System Roleplay edition

Dark Country

My love is vengeance that is never free...
star-wars-logo.jpg

So, here's what I want to do:

• Make a fair, and balanced game with the complexity of involvement of character creation of D&D 3.5--and yet streamlined and easy to use as 5e.
  • I want to use things like Lightsaber types, forms, techniques similar in function to D&D's 'Called Shots'- In which the player calls out exactly what he's wanting to do and then rolls, Lightsaber Crystals, and the use Force Powers.
  • To create a leveling system so that we aren't all-powerful. As well as the Jedi training regime from Padawan to Knight, to Master.
  • I want to involve as many species as possible; remember Star Wars spans entire systems so there are just more than Humans out there.
  • I want to include Jedi and Sith Classes (Yes, you can be a Sith.) Such as the Guardian, Consular, and Sentinel and their respective Sith halves. As well as incorporate specializations such as the Sentinel Shadow.
  • I would like there to be skills outside of the Jedi/Sith abilities. Like Astrometrics for example. As this won't just be about Jedi vs Sith. There are Republican and Dominion forces; Soldiers, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, etc.
  • I will be using most Legends material for this endeavor as I feel it holds a lot of weight and has more information more readily available.
Rules

(1.) Be fair and polite to everyone.
(2.) No bashing other comments; everyone is allowed an opinion. It may differ from yours but it is no less valid unless its validity is brought into question by me, the thread maker.
(3.) I will answer any, and all questions I can; one at a time, however. I do get busy, I do have a life. Please be patient with me.
(4.) If you have an idea or perhaps know more about how the D&D system works better than I do, I encourage you to share your thoughts and opinions.

(5.) Please follow all other thread rules. Thank-you. ~^-^~

*I am looking for a fair, and kind Moderator for my Discord who views things objectively and can see things from multiple viewpoints not just his, or another's. I want someone who is impartial so that they can make good judgment calls.

** I am looking for a graphics artist to make a Character sheet based on an outline, similar to D&D 5e's Character Sheet.​

Star Wars Saga I believe is what you are looking for. It uses fundamentally the D&D 3.5 rule set, but is also adjusted over to the star wars universe.

Both of those are really good ideas;

@ippo I don't know the mechanics well enough for that style of gameplay to be fairly confident I can do it justice. That's why I suggested a D&D based style.

@freeko I want the character customization options, not the diluted parts of 3.5 altogether, hence why I said the Character sheet outline would be reminiscent of 5e. It's streamlined, easy on the eyes, ya know?

Are either of you interested, I have a Discord I'm getting set up, let me know and I'll link you there.

I'm currently in enough rps, and I just wanted make the suggestion, but thank you!

I have some interest, but I worry your aims are quite high for a custom created system.

I think that's where ippo's suggestion was coming from. The hard parts about the FFG Star Wars system (Edge of the Empire and its descendants) seem to be exactly what you're looking for ... so many options in character creation that it's difficult to remember all the stuff your character can actually *do*. The base mechanics are actually even easier than 5e. Force powers are a little harder, but certainly not as much as say ... magic in 5e.

@Ahlanna I'll look into Edge of the Empire as far as character creation goes. The races and things like that. But I really am trying to build my own system to suit my needs and what I have planned out for the story. 5e isn't that difficult, 3.5 is way more difficult. Lol.

@Ahlanna @ippo

Okay, so I took a look at Edge of the Empire Core Rule book. I actually have it on PDF.

Do either of you know a good Dice roller as its a point buy-system, with dice rolling involved. I could use the D&D Dice roller I have as it goes up D100, so thar will be an option. Any others that you have used for other games?

Okay, I have a question, and this is probably elaborated in some complex way, that will only puzzle me further.

I selected some die, and I rolled; I got symbols instead of numbers. How do I tell a good roll from a bad one?

Oh it's all in the book! You form a pool based on the check. Greens, yellows, and blues have good results; purple, red, and black habe bad results. Many of the symbols cancel each other out, and what's left is the result of the check. The white dice are for force powers, and they're a little different.

All checks have three possible results:

Success/Fail - Whether or not you achieved what you wanted. 1 success = successful result of check, with more being better
Advantage/Threat - The spin on the circumstances. Sometimes you get what you want in a "be careful what you wish for" manner. Sometimes you get the reverse. And sometimes you get both what you want AND with positive spin and then you're rocking it
Triumph/Despair - Like success/fail, except these are crits and fairly rare (only 1/12 chance of appearing on a yellow or red die, 0 on any other)

That...seems a bit confusing to be honest and might throw people off. Let's try a more traditional dice system that is more user-friendly.

^_^;; I was wondering why you were looking for something easier and starting to find Edge of the Empire Attractive.

Saga Edition is far easier and more user friendly. If you want to build your own star wars system drawing on 5e, though, more power too you. What would be involved in helping you out?

I could have sworn I had posted here. @.@ I guess not? Lol...

Anyway! I've set up a Discord: Join the Knights Of The New Republic Discord Server!

@Mike the Bloodwolf Wookie Jedis are welcome. :D

@Tenshi Honestly I haven't the slightest idea what would be involved. xD But I do know I want it to be simple; easy enough to follow along with and not be so...tedious? If that makes sense. I'm open to suggestions.

Your welcome to join the discord if you'd like. Not a lot going on right now, just me tinkering and typing things out. But its fun to always chat about scenarios, characters, or otherwise.

@Fandomizer

I haven't fully decided yet; a lot of information I have I am inputting to Discord channels right now. But, all you have to do is click the purple link in my update post. It'll take you straight there.

There's plenty of advantages to having a Discord account; I won't debate rather or not it's right for you. But, I will say its not like a normal instant messenger. It's a lot like a forum in many ways itself, just on a smaller scale perhaps.

Well, it'll most likely be on Discord; I have a lot of information that needs sorting out, and I just don't see it as very...feasible to place it into one giant post, rather than having a channel for each to be fleshed out.

But, it was good to meet you. I hope you can understand my concerns. I have to do what's reliable and practical for the majority. If the Majority wants it to be on here, then it can be. However, that said, It would be a lot more effort to condense all the information I have and may need in the future to a reasonable degree.

@Fandomizer

Aye, but most of the players allocated so far probably aren't on Fiction Depot, though. Lol. I've been on a lot of roleplay sites that don't do sub-boards as well, so it's not this site in general. A lot don't do it, unfortunately.

I need a show of hands to see if we want a dice rolling RP or just an RP in general. So, give me a (n) or(y).
(y)= Roleplay with a dice system.
(n)= Just a roleplay.

Back
Top Bottom