Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Story Prompt Feedback

LordLicentious

Digital Bohemian
Hey, so, I'm working to keep my Request Thread well-maintained, and the first thing in my mind is making sure my story prompts are appealing, so I thought I'd put up a thread for feedback if anyone feels like looking. I'm looking for my prompts (not all of them at once, of course, just whichever ones you feel like commenting on) to be evaluated on the following factors:

-Clarity: I want to make sure my premises are easy to read and understand. I put a certain artistic flourish on some of them, and if that undermines a reader's ability to comprehend my intent, I want to know.

-Appeal: Does the scenario and/or setting sound engaging, as-written? This can be subjective based on one's interests, of course, but even if the interests line up, it's possible that I failed to properly paint a picture with my words, or erroneously assumed a vital detail would be obvious and left it out.

-Allure: Does the scenario sound like it might be sexually gratifying? Naturally, the goal of my writing is for my partner to... enjoy themselves, so if the setup doesn't sound sexy, that's a problem that needs to be fixed. Of course, this, too, can be highly subjective, given that everything is at least fairly kinky.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

I'm not the best source on it, but for whatever my input is worth, I think you've done well. Obviously not much depth given they're all just brain food, but a decent idea of what you're going for and a good start to discussion. That's really what's key, they don't do the full job by themselves, but I don't think they should as a general roleplay rule; some stuff should totally be up to partners discussing them.

My nitpicking drive isn't on too hard, but going by the three metrics you use, all of the regular scenarios do their job and seem more than suitable to catch a partner for the ideas. Some really did interest me, so the stuff does its job - the ones that didn't were just ones I don't appreciate the premise of, which is no judgement on their quality. I didn't pay much attention to the fandom ones.

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty confident in my work, but it would be pure hubris not to seek out as much feedback as possible. But I'm glad to see my skills remain sharp.

You'll find that Third Person is the standard so wanting, insisting really, for Second Person may diminish your chances a great deal. Also explaining it comes across as condescending. If I were reading your thread while looking for a partner I would have stopped right there actually and moved on.

That's not a personal thing as if I had my way I would RP in first person.

Drop the faceclaims thing, again it just comes off as demanding. Not everyone uses them anyway so I wouldn't bother, work it out 1-1 with people who PM you. The more difficult you make yourself sound the less responses you will get. Again, not personal as I have my own ideas regarding face claims.

Your ideas aren't my thing but they seem to make sense and it's good you actually have some. Just make sure people will actually keep reading to that point. Best of luck.

Thank you for your feedback, however, in the time since posting this thread, the empirical data and practical results I've gathered have been more than sufficient to gauge my request thread's quality.

Back
Top Bottom