Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cyberpunk 2020

Mio says, gesturing to her pistol holster, "I shoot people for a living. I don't think I'll be getting stage fright. And I never said I was busy today. I just said I can't tomorrow." She then looks over her shoulder at all the other patrons of the restaurant and says, "I can do it here but won't all the noise make it harder on you? Like won't the questions and answers both sound annoying on the recording with constant background noise?"

"You're right. Where did you learn video journalism?" Johnny gave himself way too much credit for his 'career'. "I wasn't serious, anyways. But, sure. We can find somewhere quieter. My place is... kind of a mess, right now. I assumed you had some badass murder mission tonight, and I'd have to wait days. So, awesome. With Officer Bob's upswing in luck, maybe you can feel better painting him in a positive light? I know you're kind of sweet on him, anyways.." he teased the half-faced girl.

Mio simply blinks a couple of times at Johnny. She wasn't "sweet on him", as Johnny put it but Mio knew that protesting stuff like this would not help at all so she pretends to not hear those comments. She says, "I don't know much about video journalism. It's just common sense really." She missed any sarcasm thrown out by Johnny. "I don't know where we can record. Like my place is a car and I live off of Kibble and public pool showers. Maybe we can rent a coffin and split the bill?"

"I am serious about visiting Bob..." Max said. "Let me try to get Jackie. If things goes sour, we just run, this is a no kill mission, let's be clear... Perhaps let Johnny get his story on Officer Bob?"

Max used her phone to call for her ride. "Come on! It will be fun." Max chugged down her scotch and the phone buzzed and the ride is here. "Otherwise I'll go first!"

"Run!" Bob shouted at the kids and pointed his gun at the man. The man snapped the cop's neck and Bob fired a few rounds and activated his Sanivistan. The man tossed the dead cop towards Bob and rushed at him. Bob was able to track the man and fired a few rounds into him but he reached Bob and grabbed Bob's pistol and disarmed Bob. Then a fist rammed into Bob's gut and Bob was grabbed.

He found himself in the same position as the cop before. The man could snap his neck easily and Bob planned to inject the man but the man rammed another fist into his lower back and Bob gave out muffled moans and could not feel his legs. Bob was suddenly released and the man waited in ambush.

Bob gasped for air and twitched in pain and he saw the man lifting the 2 cops off the ground and choking them. He snapped the neck of one of the cops and he sniffed the hair of the plump cop. The plump cop flailed helplessly and he rammed a fist into the cop's back and his legs stopped kicking. He quickly removed the belt of the plump cop and cuffed him.

Walking over to Bob, Bob was trying to crawl away and he steped on Bob's shoe and grabbed Bob's belt and pulled him close. He sniffed at Bob's neck and covered Bob's mouth and held Bob close and felt his trembling body... "So scared..." The man said as Bob was trembling in fear.

"Public showers can be fun. But as great as it would be to share a coffin with you..." he offered Mio a grin, whether it was a serious flirt or sardonic, it was hard to tell. "It looks like I might be able to get the milk straight from the cow," he grinned as Max turned out to be actually wanting to go get Bob. "You in? You could stop and get some flowers for Bob on the way. Oh, wait, he's fat. Get him some chocolates."

Johnny stood, actually excited to do a planned incursion into the police station. "You got a buyer in mind?" he asked Max. "I'm not seriously braving gunfire for just an interview."

"I'm not sure if we are going to a police station to kidnap a policeman." Max said. "Perhaps you can use your reputation as an influencer to get an interview? I'm sure the police want to have a positive image with all these events going on. I just want to tag along to see the newest neuralware. I think it is still a prototype which is not available in the market."

The ride arrived and Max waved it down and got in the car.

Johnny's eyebrows went up about as far as they possibly could as he slid into the car next to Max, "Oh... they can't like me. If they know me, they hate me." Then his astonishment at her suggestion changed to amusement. "Though, I just recently came into possession of a genuine police uniform. We could swing by my place if you think that would help. Otherwise, at best, I'll have to charm my way through for an interview with a bunch of brownies who don't know how awesome I am or how much I make fun of them." He folded his toned arms over his chest, "I don't know what your plan is. Stand behind him and scan his implants while he's not watching?"

Mio said "I'm in. If there's a plan and money to be made, I'd want a slice of that pie. I'll follow you two in my car. Don't want to leave it here, you know."
With that being said, Mio walked to her car and drove it round the front. Ready to follow Max and Johnny into what could be another dangerous mission. The bullet wound on Mio's gut hasn't healed yet and there is a chance she'll gain a few more similar wounds but if the payout is worth it, she'll take the risk.

"Not sure if there is money to be made yet." Max said to Mio. "We'll figure something out when we get there. Sure follow us."

"I was just thinking of a simple disguise to get the interview. I don't think cops are that smart..." Max said. "Like we planned, let's see if we can do something positive here."

Bob prepared to inject the man, but 2 cops entered the room and Bob was tossed like a sack of potatotes onto the cops and he fell on them. The man took out a dagger and stabbed a cop in the neck and grabbed the other cop who was reaching for his gun and shoved thr dagger through his armor into his heart. Bob was crawling away again and the man grabbed Bob and punched him in the back.

Tears rolled down Bob's face as he could not feel his legs and some of his organs were probably damaged. Bob was cuffed and the man waited in ambush as he waited to ambush more people approaching.

Max arrived at the police station and she put on a badge and pretended to be like a detective and entered the police station. "Wait... cops don't enter from the main door.. they enter from the back..." Max said and walked to the side of the building and found the entrance. She looked around and there was nobody in the carpark and decided to just go try the door.

The door was unlocked and as she entered, she saw bloodstains on the ground and as she entered a room, a man moved behind her and she blocked a dagger from stabbing her. "Shit..." She muttered and tried to disarm the man but he seemed inhumanly fast and strong and she tried to leap up and give the man an armbar but the man simply tossed Max into the wall, and Max quickly rolled away as the man proceeded to rush over and stomp on her.

Max could taste some blood in her mouth and was planning to leave as she saw several dead cops in a pile. "Probably a solo..." She muttered as she decided to run but 2 identical looking kids stood in the corner and watched the fight.

"Hey guys, need help here." Max said.

// feel free to join in, already communicated with Mainman and this is an elite cybered up Arasaka Ninja Assassin Solo. Almost impossible to take down by just one of us, but with all of us, we may be able to do so.

Mio put on her police uniform which she got from past outings to the police station. She also put on the mask and the mirror shades. Now her face is fully concealed. She entered the car park following Max but saw her partner getting beaten up as she parked her car. Quickly grabbing her trusty assault rifle, she laid down suppressive fire to let Max get away. The cyber man is hit with a few bullets. He looks down and notices bullet hole in his armored body. Mio was firing off Armor Piercing Rounds. She's not taking any chances with this guy. She had opened the car door and was using it for cover. The Solo drew a pistol and opened fire on Mio. A few bullets got through the car door but managed to miss. Mio rolled back into her car to avoid the bullets. "Sorry I'm not going to take another bullet hole." She rolls out of the other side of the car but the man was prepared. Still bleeding, he grabbed Mio by the neck and lifted her up and causing her to drop the Rifle. She quickly drew her pistol and it was immediately tossed aside. Then the man began to tighten his grip around Mio's neck in an attempt to break it.

//Feel free to save Mio from certain death.

Bob was in pain and he saw the man ambushing more people coming in. Now it is 2 ladies that were assaulted. There were gunshots heard and the man seemed armored enough to take the bullets and continue with the assault. Bob crawled beside a dead cop and grabbed the shotgun on the ground and fired at the man.

The man was hit in his ass with 2 solid shotgun rounds which did not do much to him and he tossed Mio aside and looked at Bob. He was quite amused that the old cop did not pretend to be dead and still wanted some action.

He walked past Max and kicked her into the wall again and approached Bob. He lifted Bob up with one hand and removed his belt and pulled down his pants. Then shoved the shotgun into his ass. "Shoot at my ass will ya..." The man said and Bob screamed in pain and he pressed the trigger on the shotgun and luckily for Bob, it was out of ammo.

"Freeze!" A motorcycle cop arrived with another older cop who was panting from running over and the man turned and dropped Bob. He looked at the 2 cops and did not detect any threat and as the cops shot at him, he moved with inhuman speeds that he could even avoid the bullets and shoved the rifle into the motorcycle cop, crushing his ribs and he grabbed his helmet and snapped his neck.

"Oh shit..." The older cop shouted and fired at the man as he murdered his friend and managed to get a shot in. The shot from the rifle at point black managed to knick off the armor this time at the same spot Mio shot him with his AP rounds and the man felt the shot and was pissed off. He broke the arm of the older cop and as the cop screamed in pain, the man held the old cop to his groin area where a gun extended out and he shoved it into the cop's mouth and fired a round, blowing a hole in his helmet from behind.

A few ribs were broken from the kick. Max turned on her pain editor to feel no pain and grabbed her vibro dagger and rushed the man as he continued to thrust the gun into the old cop's head. Max spotted the hole in the armor and stabbed the man in the back and the man turned and grabbed Max like a ragdoll and tossed her into the wall again.

Looking considerably injured, the man rushed over to the screaming kids and grabbed their heads and decided to make a quick getaway as he found that he was actually hurt.

====================================================================================

Max slammed against the wall again, considerably hard this time and she tried using her arm to break the impact and broke her arm instead. He could not pick up her gun anymore and could taste blood in her mouth. Even when she felt no pain, she knew something was very fucked up now.

//feel free to join in and do more damage to the man and possibly kill him?

Johnny had circled around front, after leaving his guns in Max's car. If she thought he actually had a chance to get in as 'press' and interview Bob, well, why not. She could break him out of prison if she was wrong. She was good at that sort of thing.

Johnny's eyes went wide at the chaos that met his eyes when he entered the station. "Shit, again!?" This has to be statistically improbable that a single police station would be attacked this many times in a matter of days. He followed the trail of bodies and cops frantically trying to help dead and dying colleagues. The door to the SWAT room was still open from the attack, and Johnny ducked inside grabbing the biggest shotgun he could quickly grab and a Militech Electronics Taser.

Max and Mio had headed in the side entrance in the parking garage, and it looks like that's where the trail of chaos was leading. Johnny burst through the door, seeing the mess of the fight going badly. It was obvious who was winning. Johnny's training, that he usually pretended to forget, kicked in, and he evaluated the scene and his enemy's potential weaknesses. Johnny wondered if the taser would even affect the armored solo, but it was worth a try as he assumed the solo had already been taking bullets by now.

The ninja seemed mildly focused on choking Mio. At least it provided Johnny with a little distraction as he raced up behind the solo, dropped and slid the last couple meters, hoping to avoid any wild swings of its fists. He jammed the taser in the back of the ninja's knee while lifting the the shotgun and firing between his thighs, up into the back of the man's crotch, hoping the shell would actually get trapped into impacting instead of ricocheting.

Mio slowly gets up. She had a few light bruises but most of the impact was absorbed by her armored clothing. She saw the man walking away injured. She decides that she won't let the man beat up her friends... and Bob and get away with it. But what can she even do? This man is inhumanly fast, able to dodge even bullets. She was fast but without neural ware, she was only still human. She could try the tried and true method of spraying the dude with a fuck ton of AP rounds but that would be require her to reload. She looks at Max Johnny and Bob.

She had a plan but if it failed, she'd soon have to be buried... or dumped. In this world, who knows what can happen to a corpse after someone has died. However, the man had to be injured. He took two shotgun blasts; one to his crotch and the other to his ass. The man took a few bullets, two armor piercing and one normal. There's no way he can keep this up much longer. That is what Mio bet all of it on.

She charged the man with a Tazer. The man quickly dodged and pinned Mio to the ground. She finds herself in the familiar position of having her neck in the palm of the man's hand, waiting to be crushed. This was exactly where she wanted him. Locking eyes with the man she points the business end of her Colt AMT at the man's gut. With the man's attention being drawn to Mio's face in combination with the injuries he's received, he didn't notice the gun until it was too late. An AP shot was fired straight into the man's gut. The pain causes the man to stagger and let go. Mio quickly makes use of this distraction to quickly get to her feet and fire the gun one more time. This time, shooting into the man's head at point-blank range.

She knew that there was one flaw in her plan. If the bullet failed to put the man down, she was done for. Mio was not the best at close range combat. If Max was having trouble against this man, then Mio stood no chance. That's why it all depended on the shot to the head as well as the mounting injuries to put the man down.

Bob was on the ground, twitching in pain. He tried to pull the shotgun out of his ass, literally, and it was not fun at all. There was throbbing pain and the tip of the shotgun was covered in blood. Bob had difficulty breathing as his ribs were broken and possibly piercing into his lungs. The killer murdered so many and he had to go.

The killer grabbed the 2 kids and Bob saw a man (Johnny) trying to tazer him and the man released the kids and Mio started her attack. The man seemed not very human. He had many gunshot wounds and he could dodge bullets. Bob could see metallic bits in the man and exposed armor plates on his chest and as Mio shot his gut, the bullet hit something metallic.

Bob tried to stand up as he saw a big rifle on the ground that was on a dead SWAT officer but his legs were wobbly and he pointed to the kids and signalled to them about the rifle. "Get it to the ladies."

Bob heard another gunshot and this time, Mio shot the killer point black at the head. Everything paused and Bob saw something chrome where the bullet hit and it looked like a cowl plating, definitely metal. Bob's hands were trembling. The killer did not seem to go down. The situation was fucked.. Tears rolled down Bob's face but the killer did not seem to be doing much either.

The twins picked up the rifle and passed it to Max. Max arm was broken but her smartgun link seemed to be still working. She grabbed the gun and plugged it in. She used the other hand to aim but surprisingly, the smartgun link allowed her to aim with the other hand as well. The ninja paused briefly as he was shot in the head but he was somehow still alive and he focused on Mio who made that shot.

Max found the spot where Mio shot and it exposed the bit of his metal skull. He had a subdermal armored cowl so Max did what she could and hoped for the best. The rifle locked on the man's head again and Max tried to shoot into his face and luckily for Max, Mio's shot somehow damaged his neuralware enough that the man did not detect Max's shot and did not try to dodge and Max fired the rifle into the man's head again. This was a much bigger round and it was a hit. The round created a dent in the man's metal cowl and this time it made such an impact that the man collapsed.

Max looked at her arm and it was fucked. She quickly detached the smartgun link and signaled Johnny, Bob and Mio. "Get the kids and lets go!"

Johnny was thinking that the back of the knee wouldn't be heavily armored, if at all, but he was wrong. "Fuck," he grunted. Then, as his shotgun blast to the groin was similarly ineffective, he grunted "Fuck!" louder. Though, being effectively pointless spared him any retaliation. He'd feel insulted later, but Mio's blast, and then Max's blasts dropped the man to his knees. As he was conveniently still right behind the ninja, Johnny stood and placed the shooty-end of the shotgun right up against the solo's cranial plate and fired again, and the armor cracked. Not a lot, but enough to be worth sticking the Militech Taser II into the crack and using up every one of the remaining 3 charges, then tossed it to the side, figuring the thing's brain was as toasty as it was going to get.

Finally, he turned to Max, "You look like shit," he offered helpfully. Then he glanced to Mio, who was still conscious, which was good enough for now. Next were the kids, and he pointed to the exit of the garage, "Over there, now." Then, the last living person was Bob, who was on the ground crying. If Johnny had sympathy for baseline humans he didn't know, Bob would have had it. Though, he didn't, but Bob was still valuable in one way or another.

Johnny walked over and easily lifted the pudgey policeman into his arms. Luckily, Johnny wasn't a baseline, or he'd have needed help. "Still alive, then? You have shit luck, my friend." They weren't friends. Johnny made sure the other two women were able to get on their feet, then carried bob briskly to the exit of the garage to join up with the kids. "That car, over there," he nodded towards Max's car, thinking all five of them wouldn't fit in. He had no idea if Max could drive until she got there.

Edit: Johnny forced everyone necessary into Bob's car, laying Bob gently in the passenger seat. He jumped into the driver's seat, not sure where to head, other than away from here. "Can you walk?" he asked the officer.

((bed))

The killer was some kind of armored elite solo with subdermal plating and EMP shielding which made him shock proof, but somehow, the group got the job done. Whatever he was Bob does not want to deal with him again and was helped up by the others. "I have a car..." Bob said and passed the keys to Johnny who seemed least messed up. The kids were crying and they hid behind Bob as they have seen him try to save them several times now.

"An armored man was chasing these kids." Bob said. "I guess he was not alone."

================================================================================

The olympic athletes clones were hunted down by Jun - A Chinese Government Linked Military Company. There was no extridation between US and China, so the athletes escaped and entered the US and as one of them had some friends in Night City, they all decided to go together.

Mio looked around as the man finally collapsed. The force the man had used on her neck would have been enough to crush her windpipe. However, the tubing that goes along the inside of her throat to her lungs from her cyberware kept her in relative good condition. The tubing wasn't rigid, she could still be choked out but it did make her neck and parts of her face more protected. As old, bulky, outdated and obsolete as it was, the mask was still cutting-edge military grade cyberware about a decade ago.

The masks whirrs as it pumps excess air into Mio's lungs to compensate for having her air flow cut off when the man pinned her. This was probably how Mio breathed heavily. In spite of being in near death situations not once but twice, she seemed to be in better condition than Bob and Max. At Max's signal she helped the children over to the car. There she turns to Johnny and says, "Can you drive?" Pointing to Max, she continues "She doesn't look like she's in very good shape. Get her and Bob in the car. The kids can ride with me. I'll follow you."

"I have a very good doctor that can fix us." Max said. "He can also keep his mouth shut so we don't get tracked."

Max looked at her arm and it was pretty broken with the bones visible, poking through the skin. Max and Johnny were always up to date with their news on clones and the twins seemed to ring a bell. "These kids may be those who escaped from the cloning facility." Max said. "Hey kids, were you saved by a doctor? Were you from a lab?" Where are your parents?"

The questions asked seemed a little harsh and direct and Max felt bad for asking the questions but one of the kids responded. "The doctor was killed."

"Shit... What now?" Max asked the group. "These are illegal clones grown for body parts. I had no idea they were real or could talk, but here we go... clones can talk... Would be a shit show very soon."

Max directed the driver to the doctor's location. It was behind a bagel store. "Jewish doctors... the best!" Max said. "Spare no expense, this is the best I know at a reasonable price, he can get you back up again by tomorrow, if you pay for the medical nanites."

Max turned to Johnny and said. "Fuck, shit just got real, the kids... what now?"

Johnny agreed with Mio's plan and made sure Max got into Bob's back seat. Let everyone bleed on the upholstery of someone with a steady salary.

"Lead the way," he looked over his shoulder to Max. "You're gonna make it, right?" Now that inside the car was calmer and a bit safer than the parking garage littered with bodies, his concern surpassed his sarcasm.

"What was that, and why?" he asked Bob as they drove. "Do you know where these kids came from?"

But, one of the kids cleared all that up. "Fuck.. well, you're free, now." His tone was a little curt with the two naive lab-grown teenagers. "Welcome to the world. Lots of bullets out here." Johnny really didn't want to be a big brother.

He pulled up to where Max indicated. "Definitely get the medical nanites," he suggested as he picked Bob up again to carry him in. "I don't know what god you pissed off, but I think your options are retiring or every medical upgrade you can possibly get with how frequently you're getting shot or fucked." At least Johnny's arms were strong as he carried the officer, even if his words weren't pleasant.

"Oh, fuck. Y'know the worst thing about all this is?" he asked no one in particular. "I didn't record it..."

Mio was driving behind the others. She stops in front of the hospital and gets off her car. She needed to buy a new set of armor as in the past two days, her long coat took a lot of damage. However, she would need more cash as the one she got from the previous mission would be used somewhere else soon, leaving her with only a fifth of what she had now. She couldn't afford to spend willy-nilly. Nanites would help but she decided she won't take any since she was the least injured of the gang not counting Johnny. She took the time to reload her weapons. In this world, you never know what might happen.

Back
Top Bottom