Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First or Third Person?

Depends of the RP. I've found that Erotic Roleplay is more first, since I tend to make the person in said fic a closer representation of myself. Though the further it is from reality the less likely I will do this. I almost always do third person for other RPs, since its like reading a storybook with other people's perceptive added to it.

But I will also tend to go with the format I see used for each

first person gets real funky and awkward to write imo? i prefer 3rd for any kind of fic or rp--i feel like i've got way more control over the situation as an outside POV rather than a participant.

i get the draw for first person, in a way? just never really got into it myself. i find it hard to read for the most part too.

First person feels kind of weird. I used to write that way in my fics and I just didn't enjoy it as much. So, third person is always my go-to now-a-days. It is a definite preferences though, as I think I used to rp in first person at one point? In my early stages lol.

Third person all the way for me. I like to involve a lot of detail that my character might not necessarily see/be directly aware of, and often play multiple characters in a scene, so third is a must. Also, first feels...weird to me. Intrusive and ungainly.

Usually third. Though I recently wrote a story in my free time that was a mix of third and first...my friend called it 'weird,' since he said that first is not as common. I mean for role playing perhaps yes, for a novel...I assumed it wasn't as odd.

Back
Top Bottom