Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Full Story: Hearts of Darkness (w. ShadowOfDesire)

Naomi looked up at Miranda and nodded before she replied in a surprisingly firm voice. “I’ve thought about being a Mum. But it was always after … you know …” The young Ethiopian woman’s hands suddenly flailed around in her lap, like they were having a seizure; Naomi looked down at them for a moment, as if she was wondering who’s hands they were before she went on. “… after I was married.”

Naomi paused, looked away, then looked back at Miranda. “We tried to be careful Doctor Blake. We really did. I don’t know how …” Naomi’s hands fluttered around again then settled over her lower abdomen. “… it … this … happened.” Naomi groaned as she continued. “Oh God, my Mum is going to kill me.”

The strength had been ebbing from Naomi’s voice as she talked, her tone becoming more and more plaintive with every word. The young woman looked down again, took a breath and somehow found a way to go on a little longer. “What if Aldo doesn’t really love me Doctor Blake? I … I don’t know what I'd do. I don't know what to do ...” Then the dam broke and Naomi’s whole small frame started to shudder, as warm tears began to stream down her face …

Last edited:
Miranda sighed. She'd become a doctor to heal people, not to counsel them, but it seemed to be part of the job. Everyone had their own fears and insecurities. Professionally, she tried to minimize those while helping someone with their medical issues, but psychological trauma always bled through. She wasn't that good at providing comfort, but the woman's plight was one she'd seen countless times in countless woman. In the states, they always had options. Here, they had very few.

"Hey, you're going to get through it. I promise," she said softly, soothingly. Rising, she pulled Naomi into a hug, letting the girl cry into her stomach. One hand softly patted the woman's hair. "It isn't as dire as you think. Your mother might not be happy at first, but I've never seen a grandmother whose face didn't light up as their grandchild was place in their arms, no matter how reluctant they were to become a grandparent. Aldo doesn't seem like the sort of guy that would shirk his responsibilities, either. But if he doesn't love, that's his loss, and you'd be better off without him in that case."

"Listen...," she drew back a little and crouched down at eye level with the woman. "Right now, this is a small thing. Just between the two of us, okay? No one knows. If you thought that you didn't want to go through with it, that you didn't want to have a baby right now, I can give you the names of some people that'd be able to help you. You tell me... what is in your heart? Your immediate reaction? Without thinking of the consequences or what others are going to think about it, do you want a baby now?"

Naomi looked up at Miranda with a shocked expression on her face. “What? No!” Then, as she recoiled in her chair, the young woman’s eyes dropped back down to her hands, which were pressed tightly against her lower abdomen. “I mean … no thank you Doctor Blake, I … no … I mean … I know I need to talk to Aldo. I think he loves me. Otherwise I wouldn’t have … you know. I’m just ... scared that I’m wrong. But you don’t know my Mum. She didn’t want me to come here. Or to go to school with my brothers. When she finds out …”

Naomi suddenly looked up at Miranda with wide, hopeful eyes. “Could you ask Jelena not to tell my Mum Doctor Blake? She’ll listen to you, I know she will. I’ll sign a paper saying it’s okay if you need me to! That way I can go to the employee clinic. Please Doctor Blake? Please!

"Naomi," she said calmly. "Take a breath. Please. Listen to me. I'm here to give you all the options. You might hide your condition for a short while, but you'll be showing in a few months and will have to fess up to everyone. That includes your mother."

"If you truly want this child, no matter the circumstances, then I will be glad to help you in any way you can. I can speak with Jelena, but I can't guarantee that she won't tell your mother. It's putting her in a difficult situation, you see. If she does speak to your mother, she'd have to lie for you. She might not be able to do that. However, as I said, I will still speak with her. I'm sure she'll understand enough to let you deal with the situation on your own. She doesn't seem the type to go tattling."

"What else do you need, dear? Do you need someone with you when you speak to Aldo about this?"

Naomi leaned forward and hugged Miranda tightly. “Oh thank you Doctor Blake! Thank you so much. I knew I could talk to you. I just knew it!” The younger woman was still brushing tears from her cheeks as she sat back, but there was a brave little smile on her face as well.

“After you talk to Jelena I can go to the clinic at work. And then talk to Aldo when the time is right. I know he loves me.” It was hard to tell, but Naomi’s voice might have gotten a little more brittle as she said the last sentence, and her eyes a little unfocused. “Then when I have that all sorted I’ll call my Dad. He’ll be cross, but he never yells at me. Then he can tell my Mum.” Naomi sniffed then nodded as she finished laying out her plan, such as it was. “It’ll all work out, I know it will.”

The young Ethiopian fished her mobile out of her back pocket and looked at it. “Oh, I didn’t mean to take up so much of your time! And I have to get the car and driver back to our office. But thank you so, so much for helping me Doctor Blake. I really mean it. You’ll let me know when you’ve talked to Jelena, won’t you?” Naomi brushed away a few more tears as she smiled at Miranda again, then started to stand …

"Don't worry about it," she waved off the woman's apology as she stood along with her. "I always have time for a friend." Lord knows I have very few of them right now. "I'll be sure to let you know how things go. Just try not to worry about things, okay? It isn't good for you or the baby. I'm not certain how easily you'll be able to get them, but I'd recommend you start on prenatal vitamins right away. This baby is going to be draining a lot out of you and you'll need all the help you can get."

She moved to the door to open it for the woman, though paused with her hand upon the knob. "Thank you for bringing me the pictures personally, Naomi, and thank you for trusting me enough to tell me. I hope things go well for you, I really do. If you need anything, if you can't get into the clinic right away, feel free to come back and see me anytime." Finally opening the door to let the woman leave as she pleased, she shoved her hands into the pocket of her lab coat, fiddling with the thumb drive she tucked there.

Naomi couldn’t hide her surprise when Miranda referred to her as a friend. Then the Ethiopian woman smiled and started to say something in reply, but had to stop when her lips began quivering and her eyes once again started to moisten. Still, after a moment’s pause Naomi did manage to reach out and squeeze Miranda’s forearm as she said “Thank you” in a very small voice. Then the young woman hurried out of Miranda’s office and back to her waiting vehicle, brushing fresh tears from her cheeks as she navigated through the clinic’s crowded waiting area …

---

Jack’s long day finally came to an end and he was sitting on his bunk thinking about calling Miranda, when Dieter’s orderly knocked on the open door.

“Sorry to bother you Major, but the OC wants to see you asap.”

“Did he say what about?”

“No Sir, just to find you before you went to dinner, or headed off base. He’s waiting in the conference room.”

Jack sighed. “Alright, tell him I’ll be right there.”

---

Jack knew it was going to be trouble the minute he walked into the room. Dieter was sitting at the head of the table, like usual, but only had Valeriy and Danny seated with him, to his right. Even stranger Ian was in the room as well, standing against the wall to Dieter’s left. Danny and Ian didn’t look at Jack as he walked in, and Dieter looked grumpier than usual.

“Hey guys, what’s going on? …” Jack offered as he warily eyed the assembled men.

“Close the door Jack. And sit down.” Dieter gestured at the chair to his left, which would leave Ian standing behind Jack when he took his seat at the table.

After Jack closed the door and sat down Dieter continued. “I want you to listen to Valeriy, Jack.” Then the stocky Afrikaner turned to his Intel Officer. “Begin.”

The Russian looked directly at Jack and spoke to him in a strong, calm voice. “Thanks to your team’s work today, we have cleared up almost all the … loose ends from the safehouse. Except for one. This.” Valeriy held up a cheap cell phone in his left hand for Jack to see.

“A disposable mobile. From where it was found in the house, we are almost certain it belonged to the Lieutenant. It was used to communicate with only one other, still unidentified number.” Valeriy paused before he went on. “We should have done this in the beginning Jack, but I am going to have to ask you for Doctor Blake’s …”

Jack came over the top of the table and grabbed the front of the Russian’s shirt before he could finish. As Jack cocked his fist Valeriy flinched, Ian came off the wall very fast and Danny toppled over backwards as he tried to push himself back from the table. Then Dieter’s command voice froze everyone in place as he pointed a blunt finger at Jack.

Enough! I told you to sit down and listen. Valeriy’s concern is valid enough. So give him the mobile number, so we can be done with this.” Jack let go of the Russian and sat back down, while Ian went back to leaning against the wall and everyone ignored Danny as he climbed back into his chair. Then Jack pulled his cell out of his pocket, pulled up “Frosty” in his Contacts and showed the number to Valeriy. The Russian immediately shook his head. “It is not her. Thank you Jack.”

Dieter looked at the two men, then pointed his finger at Valeriy. “Find out who he was calling. I don’t like loose ends.” Valeriy simply nodded at his OC, but the South African was already talking to Jack in his heavy accent. “You and your team did well today Jack. I wasn’t sure about this idea at first, but you did well. Get some rest tonight, have a few drinks and we’ll talk about your next … civil affairs mission tomorrow. Dismissed.” As Dieter rose to leave he turned to Danny with a frown on his face. “Come with me son.”

As Dieter and Danny left the conference room through one door, Ian strode up next to Jack as he left by the other. “So uh, … back and legs tomorrow morning boet?” Jack looked over at the big medic as they departed the room together. “Sure man, no worries. Back and legs.”

---

Once Valeriy had the conference room to himself, he did three things. First, he slipped the little Makarov pistol that had been tucked under his right thigh back into its holster.

Then he used a mostly steady hand to smooth back a stray lock of hair that had slipped down over his forehead.

And finally he wrote down Miranda’s number on a little slip of paper, before he forgot it …

Last edited:
Miranda didn't have long to think on Naomi's plight shortly after the woman left. The busy clinic had a way of sucking people in, chewing them up, and only spitting them out when darkness fell. Her small staff was tired, but pleasantly so -- the sort of weariness that came after a long day of fulfilling work and accomplishments. Once the doors were locked, they gathered for their weekly staff meeting. Rather than pass out the agenda she'd prepared that went over their upcoming schedule, Miranda set up a line of small paper cups and began to pour a measure of Jameson into each one. The reaction of her staff was varied. Most seemed surprised. Isioma just grinned and reached eagerly for her drink. Lee raised an eyebrow of concern, but didn't immediately voice one.

"I need a drink," she explained, finally glancing up to meet each pair of eyes in turn. "I don't like to drink alone, so you're all having a shot with me. The past couple of weeks have been crazy, I know, but you've all done a fantastic job. I'm extremely proud of you and this place. None of us know how long it will last, but while we're here, we're making a difference in the lives of these people. I think that needs to be celebrated."

"Effing right, it does," Isioma agreed. She lifted her glass. "To the clinic."

"The clinic," the others intoned before downing their shots. Miranda joined them, looking at her empty glass as the whiskey warmed her stomach.

"I've heard rumors of things happening in the city and certain agents of BH being assassinated. You have all worked through these situations before and know there will always be blow back, and the innocent people are usually the ones to get caught in the crossfire. We're a small clinic and not a high value target, but that doesn't mean someone won't come causing trouble. I want everyone to be extra vigilant in the coming weeks. I have a feeling things are going to get much, much worse before they get better. Keep your ears open, too. If you hear of anything suspicious, let me know. We all have a duty to keep one another safe."

After they'd nodded in agreement and voiced their own concerns, Miranda finally passed out their agendas. "I'll let you review these at your leisure as this is simply more of the same. We might be taking another trip to one of the outlying villages soon for vaccination, but that's still in the works, and we won't know anything until likely the day before. Come to me with any questions. That's basically it. Have a good weekend."

As everyone gathered their things to leave, Isioma approached Miranda. The doctor tilted her head questioningly at the Nigerian woman. "Need something?"

Isioma grinned bashfully. "Think I might have another for the road, boss?" She lifted her little cup with a desperately hopeful expression on her face.

Miranda laughed and filled another shot for them both.

---

"Did she take the bait?"

"Of course. All it takes is a bit of money changing hands and my informants make sure word is spread. She's been collecting names and passing them along to the Major. So far, those hits have been against legit targets so that they trust her. As expected, the BH took notice. One of our men on the inside was approached." He grinned.

"Asking for additional protection?"

"Paying for additional protection," he nodded eagerly. "Handsomely, I might add."

"Time to turn the tables, then? Will they all stand up to scrutiny?"

"Yes and yes," he smiled wickedly.

---

Back at her apartment, Miranda had plugged the thumb drive into her laptop and was busy browsing through the photographs that Aldo had taken. The boy was very talented, and had an eye for composition. She didn't much care for the pictures he'd taken of her, but she always hated pictures of herself. Her interest was more in those that captured glimpses of Jack on duty, the photographs taken when he wasn't looking. She stared at one for a long while before flipping to the next. Thinking of him drew her attention to her phone. He'd yet to call or text, and she didn't want to bother him when he was busy, but she did have information for him.

Pulling out a carefully folded piece of paper from her pocket, she smoothed it out and typed three names into the text field before hitting send. She wasn't sure who they were, exactly, but she'd heard stories of the atrocities they'd committed from a couple of regulars at the clinic. So, having promised to pass along that sort of information, she did just that.

Jack received a short text, though it only listed three names and the phrase:

Might want to check these out.
-M

Jack was walking down a hallway with some guys from the team, and since it was a Friday they all had their jerseys on. Then he remembered he needed to turn in a makeup lab report today or risk flunking. Not that he really cared about biology, but the Recruiter had said he needed to pass all his courses to get the contract he wanted so he told the guys he’d see them later and went to his locker. But his locker wasn’t there, none of them were. Jack searched the school frantically until he thought to go ask the janitor what the hell was going on. He found the guy in his little office, reading a book while a small fan whirled behind him. But before Jack could ask him about the lockers he flopped out of his chair onto his face. Jack knew he had to go get someone so he went back into the halls and bumped into Mona; he saw she was carrying a knife but that didn’t surprise him since everyone knew Mona cut herself. Before he could say a word Mona pointed down the hall and said “I saw your sister down there with her new boyfriend.” Jack didn’t think Mona could help him so he turned to the new girl standing next to her; the new girl was supposed to be pretty smart, so maybe she knew what’d happened to all the lockers, or could help him redo his lab report. But before he could ask her for help Miranda lifted up a cell phone and said “Sorry Jack, I have to make a call;” as he looked at the phone Jack could see blood gushing from Miranda’s wrist …

---

Jack started awake in his bunk with his heart pounding in his chest. For several, long seconds he wasn’t sure of where he was and it took him even longer to get his breathing under control. He was finally able to swing his legs to the side, sit up and check his watch; it was a quarter to four. As he put his watch down he thought about picking up his phone and calling Miranda, talking to her, asking her something maybe? But he’d already sent her a text saying he was too tired for dinner Friday night and she was probably sound asleep anyway. Jack’s next thought was to get the bottle he had stashed in his pack and have a shot or three. But they’d told him that was a bad idea, that the dreams were a good thing, his brain’s way of trying to “work things out” while he slept. That he should try to remember what he dreamed about and write it down. But everything was always hazy. All he could remember about tonight was the same old shit about the lab report, which he’d found in time to give to Mr. Trummer just as he was getting into his car; he’d even gotten a C- on the fucking thing, so he didn’t know why he kept dreaming about it. Jack rubbed his face and really had to fight the urge to go get the bottle; the only thing that kept him in his bunk was recalling he had his meeting with Dieter about the next mission tomorrow morning. So Jack rolled onto his back and started trying to do the little exercise they’d taught him; “Deep breath and relax. Deep breath and relax. Deep breath and relax …”

---

The meeting was not going well.

Jesus Christ, Dieter! You want to use us as bait!

“I want to use you for a reconnaissance mission Jackie. As Valeriy has already explained, the 7th ID says they secured this sector last month when they did that sweep and clear. But with your help, Valeriy has developed intel suggesting there may still be a cell operating near the village Doctor Blake wants to visit. So you go in, do your civil affairs and we see what happens.”

“And if we get hit?”

Dieter smiled. “Then bliksem, we hit back.” As he said this Jack’s OC glanced down the table towards the two men sitting at the end. “Isn’t that correct, gentlemen?” The younger of the two, a broad shouldered South African named Piet, nodded his shaven head as he replied with a simple “Yes Sir.”

The other man, an older Ukrainian, took longer to answer. He still had a full head of white hair and a face that looked like it’d been hit with a shovel when he was a baby. His name was Vanya, though all the younger Russians called him Uncle Vanya. The Ukrainian glanced at Jack, then back to Dieter. “We can provide two machines.” He paused. “And since the American is involved, I will be in command.”

Jack didn’t know how to feel about that, but before he could say anything Dieter banged his hand down onto the table. “Kief! Then it’s settled.” Dieter looked at Jack. “On Monday morning your team goes to Sumbola. Now if there’s nothing else gentlemen …”

---

After he gave his team their Warning Order about the mission on Monday, Jack sat nursing a cup of coffee in the chow hall; the coffee tasted like shit and he felt like crap. After staring off into space for awhile he pulled out his cell and took a look at Miranda’s text from yesterday; the new names meant nothing to him, but he jotted them down anyway. Then he texted her back:

Hey. Sorry bout last nite really was tired. Wanna do dinner 2nite? I can bring takeout, or we can go out. Let me know, J.

Last edited:
The notification from her phone drew her attention away from paperwork. Like the others, she had the weekend to herself, but her weekends were usually spent catching up on reports she had to file for the clinic. There simply weren't enough hours in the day to heal people and complete the multitude of paperwork that the MSF required. Rubbing the back of her aching neck, she swiped her phone screen to read the pending message. "Well, at least you didn't totally forget about me," she sighed. She hadn't realized how much she'd been looking forward to seeing him again until that moment.

After considering his offer for a moment, she came to the quick conclusion that she didn't really feel like going out in public. Not only were such situations usually awkward, public settings weren't really conducive to honest conversation. Or sex, for that matter, though some argument could be made against that notion.

An idea arose and she answered:

Forget the takeout. You like Italian? If so, bring some alcohol that pairs well with it.

Everyone liked Italian food, didn't they? Miranda threw a glance at her kitchen, taking a mental inventory of what she had and what she'd need to pick up from the market.

"I like Italian," Carson offered.

Miranda nearly jumped out of her skin. She jerked around to glare at him. "What in the hell did I tell you about coming back in here uninvited?"

Carson just smirked. "So cranky. The Major not doing it for you? Need an expert to step in?" His eyebrows rose lewdly.

"You're an expert, all right. An expert in being an asshole."

His tone darkened. "Careful there, sweetie. You don't want to get me riled, do you?"

Miranda's lips thinned as she pressed them together, biting back her next comment.

"That's a good girl. So, what did you have for me?"

Miranda grabbed the thumb drive off the desk and tossed it to him. "You said you wanted these."

"Very nice. Anything else? Nothing come up in your pillow talk?"

"No, there's nothing else. If there was, I'd tell you. So take it and go. I'm rather busy."

"So I see. Well, I suppose I should go have a look at these, hmm? I'd love to stay and play, but I'll see you soon enough. Enjoy your dinner. Make sure you give his balls a good fondle while you're sucking his cock. Men like that."

"How would you know?" she snapped, unable to contain herself.

His expression fell a trifle, eyes narrowing, but he let the remark slide. She had a mouth on her, but he'd show her how to use it properly soon enough. For now, he had other things to attend. The ball was rolling and was only getting faster with every passing moment.

"I'll see you soon, Dr. Blake," he said in farewell, though Miranda knew it was also a threat.

Quaking with anger, she turned back to her laptop and stared at it, jaw clenched, until she heard the latch of the front door behind her. Only after she confirmed that Carson was truly gone did she collapse, resting her face in her hands.

Jack smiled when he saw Miranda’s text; who didn’t like Italian? But what made him smile even more was the thought of good Doctor Blake cooking. He knew it was idiotic, because if you could read you could cook, but for some reason he found the idea of Miranda putting on an apron (and she’d undoubtedly wear an apron he decided) and puttering around her kitchen simply charming in every way. Things got even weirder though when Jack started picturing Miranda bustling around her little kitchen wearing only an apron; it was a silly little fantasy and he knew it; but it cheered him up immensely. Her pert bosom wrapped tightly by the apron’s top, her long lovely legs on display beneath its bottom hem and her cute little tush flashing him every time she “happened” to face away … Jack grabbed his phone and texted her back:

Italian sounds great! Will get some wine and dessert. See you at 7 unless you prefer otherwise, J.

With that sorted, Jack suddenly found he had the energy to refill his mug and head over to the Intel shop to plan Monday’s mission …

---

Sumbola was as different as could be from Akanni, the first village they’d gone to. Monday’s objective was about seventy kilometers east of Maiduguri, much closer to Boko Haram’s enclaves along the border with Cameroon and within the Sambisa Forest. Most of the trip would be along the highway heading towards Dikwa and then across the border into Chad; even though it was heavily traveled and patrolled, all that was still Amber. Things got even better during the last portion of the route though, along a secondary road leading south that looked like it would continue on to Bama but actually ended at the Yedseram River and the village; the 7th ID had been hit along that axis multiple times in the past year, and despite their recent sweep and clear it was still rated Red the whole way. What little there was on Sumbola was equally gloomy; the villagers were of course mostly Muslim, but this bunch of farmers and herders were reportedly a pretty surly lot with little love for the State government in Maiduguri or the Federal one in Abuja. “Perfect” Jack thought, “just fucking perfect …”

Looking at the secondary road on the map Jack came up with a half dozen spots that looked like they’d be perfect ambush sites for BH; he dutifully noted the coordinates for each one, designating them as checkpoints along their route as he did and then went off to talk to Piet …

---

Late that afternoon, his work done, Jack got himself cleaned up and dressed for dinner. The rest of his new shirts had been delivered and he tried them all on as he sipped a shot of Johnnie Walker Black he thought he deserved. The old tailor had done a great job; all the shirts fit perfectly and felt great, and Jack decided to leave on a light blue one that he thought Miranda might like. Then it was off to George’s restaurant to pick up a couple of bottles of wine and some dessert; Jack went with the red and white recommended by the Lebanese restaurateur and also paid for three éclairs that’d actually come from a bakery George used. Jack wasn’t all that sure how éclairs went with Italian, but he’d never known a gal who objected to the chocolate icing. And so at about five of seven Jack was once again back at the Prime Lodge and Apartments, standing in front of Room 122 and juggling bags so he could knock on Miranda's door …

Last edited:
Despite her irritation centered around the invasion of her privacy and the bastard harassing her, Miranda felt her mood change at Jack's response. Wine and dessert? He was always willing to go above and beyond. Tonight, she decided, I will, too. First thing was first.

Perfect, she texted back. See you then.

Rising, she called for a car and made a quick shopping list while she waited for it to arrive. She wasn't going to need much, but sourcing authentic Italian ingredients in Nigeria might be a challenge on such short notice. While she was certain there was likely a store dedicated to such imports, she didn't have time to research. Instead of turning a last minute idea into an impossible mission, she instead opted to buy the freshest replacements she could from the local market. The results might differ from a typical American version of spaghetti, but it would still be fresh and tasty.

It took her the better part of two hours to get what she needed and return to her hotel room. From there, she dove into her dinner, using fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, sausage, and other herbs to create a sauce and get it simmering in the oven. Ideally, she would have made it the day before to give the flavors time to meld together, but it would still be passable. While that cooked away, she saw to her own needs, showering, shaving, and doing her hair. She took a moment to make a selection from her wardrobe, but when she did, it made her smile.

That evening, when the Major came knocking at the door, Miranda whipped it open almost immediately. He'd seen her in her professional attire, her party wear, and even her most comfortable clothes. He hadn't seen her in sleepwear... until then.

The black robe she wore was relatively simple, but elegant in its simplicity. It caressed her curves in a waterfall of silk and hung down to kiss her shapely thighs just above the knee. It was belted with a scrap of silk at the front, but the bared skin from her neck to the low closure told him she chosen not to wear a bra this evening. It was safe enough to assume that nothing lay beneath the rest of the robe, either.

"Hey, glad you could make it," she said casually, brushing back a mass of tousled waves from her shoulder. She waved him inside, an impish smirk playing at her lips. "Sauce is still in the oven, but I thought we might postpone dinner a bit. You don't mind, do you?"

Jack grinned when he saw what Miranda was wearing; he’d been wrong about the apron, but what she was actually wearing was much better as far as he was concerned. And he also smiled inwardly when he saw how playful Miranda was being; it seemed as if the Ice Queen he’d met not so long ago had melted, leaving behind the warm, beautiful, very sexy woman now standing in front of him wearing next to nothing. So he decided to play along.

Jack took his time setting down his go-bag and putting the wine and dessert on the little kitchen table. Then he turned to Miranda and smiled. “Mind? No, of course not.” The big soldier stepped up to Miranda, placed his hands on her silk clad hips and then leaned down to plant a quick, friendly hello kiss on the sexy Doctor’s full lips. But before the kiss could develop into anything further Jack stood back up to his full height and looked down at Miranda with a twinkle in his eye. “It’ll give us a little time to … talk.” Jack had kept his hands on Miranda’s hips and gave them a friendly little shake as he said the word talk.

Jack’s voice was gentle as he went on. “I’d hoped to talk about this after dinner, but no time like the present it seems.” Jack grinned before he continued. “Nothing too serious, don’t worry.” Jack gave Miranda’s hips a little squeeze as he paused and then pressed on. “So I’ve noticed, when we’re fooling around, that you seem to … respond best when I’m being … assertive with you. And … creative as well.” Jack started moving his feet back and forth, to some unheard beat in his head, and as he started to dance ever so slowly in the entryway he kept his hands on Miranda’s hips and began to, well lead her along with him.

“So tonight I think we should … explore all that a bit more.” Jack grinned down at Miranda as he talked, and his steps began taking the pair out of the entryway into … the kitchen? Jack had a kind grin on his face and was looking warmly into Miranda’s beautiful brown eyes when he finally asked her “What do you think about that idea?”

Dancing? He was dancing now? Miranda couldn't have been more shocked. It seemed so out of character for them, but then, how well did they really know one another? They'd had a few deep conversations and argued about their feelings (her feelings, mostly), so she honestly didn't know if he was or wasn't the dancing type. So while she was more than willing to play along, she was still extremely curious on what he had in mind.

"Talking we can do later over dinner. Exploring... I'm definitely interested in doing more of that with you. So much exploring." Her hands slid up his chest, keeping her body pressed against his as he led her to the kitchen. "However, I want to be extremely clear about this, Jack. I invited you over for much more than dinner. Explore all you want, so long as it ends up with you fucking my brains out, mmkay? I want all of you tonight, for as long and as many times as you can stand it, so I hope you brought plenty of condoms." One arm snaked about his waist to grab a handful of his ass.

Her reluctance had come from a place of distrust. They'd worked past that, giving her the internal permission she needed to be as free as she wanted to be with him. He'd proven time again that he wasn't going to intentionally hurt her, convincing her that she could trust him with her heart, her body, and her privacy. He'd worked hard to melt her icy demeanor and in the process had stoked the fires she'd let burn out long ago. Now he was going to have to be careful handling those flames lest he get burned.

Having fully expected him to sweep her up and carry her to the bedroom, she gazed up at him in confusion. "Now... why are we in the kitchen?"

Jack grinned when he saw the look of surprise pass over Miranda’s face. He wasn’t a great dancer by any means, he was too big for that, but he certainly had the coordination to guide a woman across a dance floor, in time with the music and without stepping on her toes; it really wasn’t all that hard, especially with a few drinks in you and after you realized you earned a boatload of brownie points just for trying. And he grinned even more when he listened to Miranda’s reply to his question and then felt her grab his ass; why couldn’t it have been this easy back in high school? Ah, the mysteries of life …

As Jack carefully danced Miranda back into the small kitchen, he answered her question with a smile on his face. “Because my dear, the real Doctor Blake would never be so cavalier about her … sauce. She would know that was a fire hazard, and also a great way for it to overcook. So you are going to keep your pretty eyes and cute little nose on the oven …” As he said the last Jack guided Miranda’s hips around so that she was facing the stove, and then lightly grasped the backs of her hands and pressed them gently down onto the countertop. “… while I do a little … exploring, to see who exactly has snuck in here to replace the good Doctor.” As he finished his sentence Jack slipped behind Miranda, took hold of her hips again and pressed the bulge in his trousers firmly into the sexy Doctor’s silk covered cheeks.

After a slight pause Jack’s hands released Miranda’s hips and slipped around her slender waist. His fingers traced their way lightly up her sides, brushing over her ribs before he reached forward and cupped both of her breasts in his hands. And as he started gently kneading Miranda’s firm orbs through her silken robe, Jack’s fingertips began brushing over their tips, searching for the little (or maybe not so little anymore) points of her oh-so-sensitive nipples …

"It's impossible to overcook a sauce, so long as you add enough wa..." Whatever cooking tips she'd been about to give him faded into the low moan as she felt his erection nestling against her. If he really wanted her to pay attention to the sauce, he was doing a terrible job of it, for she was even more distracted by the feel of his hands roving over her skin.

Her fingers dug into the counter as he took hold of those generous orbs and toyed with the little nubs that stiffened obediently, like a pair of little soldiers rising to attention. The silken fabric was heavenly against her skin, even beneath his demanding touch, and heightened the pleasure caused by wandering fingers. As he teased, her hands slid to the edge of the counter, giving her enough leverage to push back. Her shapely rear ground against him, pressing firmly at his hardened cock. A soft, needful groan spilled from her lips.

"Are you patting me down in search of contraband?" she murmured when she finally found her trembling voice. Against his explicit instructions, she turned her head to peer at him over her shoulder.

Jack grinned when Miranda looked over her shoulder at him. In part that was because he would have been disappointed if she didn’t push back against him just a little, figuratively as well as literally. But he also thought she was very pretty, which made it impossible for him to really get angry at her sass. Still though, he knew he couldn’t just let it go. “Oh, I’m in search of something alright. But you’ll see what that is in due course.” As he spoke Jack’s fingers found the edges of Miranda’s robe up near her collarbones and slowly peeled the silk garment outward and down, baring the sexy Doctor’s pert breasts but stopping short of pulling what she wore completely open. Then Jack’s big hands settled back onto Miranda’s lovely bosum in a rather possessive way, and just for a second squeezed not-so-gently; as he did he looked Miranda in the eyes and spoke to her in a voice that was as firm as his grip. “And until I’m through, you will keep your hands on that counter my dear. Understand?”

As suddenly as it had come any hint of harshness disappeared from Jack’s face and touch as his fingers began gently fondling Miranda’s orbs once again. He was simply delighted by how quickly her nipples had stiffened, though not terribly surprised given how randy she was acting that evening. So he decided to see how the rest of her sexy body was doing. While his left hand kept teasing Miranda’s chest the fingers of Jack’s right hand traced down over Miranda’s ribs, then her flat belly and finally undid the sash of her robe with a little flick. As the silky garment slid open over the sexy Doctor’s smooth thighs and parted in front, Jack’s fingers continued down over her lower abdomen until they settled on the puffy mound of her mons and gently played with her trimmed pubes for a little bit. Then Jack’s hand dipped even lower and his fingers cupped Miranda’s vulva just as possessively as he’d done with her breasts, though quite a bit more tenderly. As he leaned forward to kiss the back of her neck Jack’s fingertips then began tracing over Miranda’s inner lips, checking to see how open and wet she might be. And as he explored Miranda’s womanhood, Jack pressed himself up against the sexy Doctor’s back and ass and whispered into her ear. “Now let’s see how your sauce is doing this evening …”

Her breath caught as his hands finally touched her bare flesh. Biting back another moan, she shivered. Tilting her head down, she watched his questing hands glide down her body, biting at her lower lip to contain herself. His warm hands roved over her soft flesh, leaving her heated and flushed. Finally remembering to breathe, she drew in a shaky gasp as her robe fell away, and he dipped lower.

Her stomach twisted deliciously when his fingers pressed against her sex. Her cunt clenched tightly as he touched her, causing her clit to throb needily. She couldn't stop the groan that rose in her throat as his fingers slid into her wetness, for she was soaked by the time he arrived at those tender folds. Slick lips welcomed him greedily, eliciting a slight buck of her hips. It took pressure off his cock, but put her clit directly in contact with his fingers as the minx chased pleasure he'd not yet given.

Unable to help herself, Miranda asked in a soft, wavering voice. "And what happens if I remove my hands and disobey you?"

Was he truly exerting his authority over her? Or trying to? She still wasn't certain if she enjoyed his subjugation or was annoyed by it. Regardless, she couldn't deny the impact he had on her body. Twice now he'd pulled a climax from her without demanding she do the same for him. Was this more of his teasing ways?

Last edited:
Jack grinned as Miranda twitched her hips, trying to force a contact he wasn’t going to let happen just yet. As his fingers kept sliding along and between the needy Doctor’s very wet and open lips, but no higher, the big soldier replied to her question in a gentle voice. “We both know I could make you keep your hands on that counter” he began. Then he immediately paused for a moment, to let the simple reality of what he’d just said sink in. “But what fun would that be? So if you don’t do what I say, all that’s going to happen is that I’m going to turn around, sit down at your little kitchen table and have a glass of wine.” Jack’s fingers had been gently teasing Miranda’s sex as he spoke and now they began creeping up along her slit while he continued. “And if you think I’m bluffing …” Jack’s fingertips found the sexy Doctor’s swollen clit and circled it once, twice … “… just try me.” … and then he pulled his hand from between Miranda’s legs, and held it up for both of them to see.

Jack’s fingertips glistened with Miranda’s slick juices and they could both smell her arousal as well. “Seems like your sauce is almost ready” Jack observed. “Let’s see how it tastes.” Then he quite deliberately brought his fingertips to his lips and sucked on them. “Umm, delicious, in a tart kind of way. Want to try?” As he said that Jack reached forward and lightly traced his fingertips over Miranda’s full lips; even though he’d just licked them almost clean, she could still smell herself as he gently pressed his fingers against her mouth. Jack held his hand there for a moment, not forcing Miranda to do anything, but just waiting and watching to see if and how she responded. Then he dropped both his hands onto the sexy Doctor’s hips and quite casually grabbed the bottom hem of her robe and flipped the garment up and over, baring her shapely rear end to his gaze and the cool air of the apartment; at this point Miranda’s silk robe hung limply from her side, covering little more than her arms, shoulders and upper back.

Jack took a second to admire the view and then, as his left hand held Miranda’s hip, he took hold of Miranda’s right butt cheek and began to knead and fondle her firm flesh. “My, my Doctor Blake, you sure are one prime piece of ass. Has anyone ever told you that? I bet loads of guys have thought it of course, but I wonder how many of them have had the balls to tell the Ice Queen exactly what they were thinking?” As he massaged Miranda’s rear end Jack’s thumb “happened” to slip between her cheeks and settled gently onto the puckered rosebud hidden there. And as his fondling grew a little more vigorous that thumb began toying with Doctor Blake’s tight little anus, and Jack carefully watched and felt to see how the kinky Doctor might react to that

Last edited:
Wisely, Miranda didn't try to test his threat, mainly because she didn't think Jack was bluffing, and she certainly didn't want him to stop. Keeping her hands on the counter took considerable effort, however, as he danced past all the areas that she wanted him to touch. Her legs trembled when he teased her clit, never pausing long enough to offer any sort of satisfaction. His glacial pace was maddening.

Save for their makeout sessions, Jack had yet to discover the pleasures of Miranda's mouth and how talented those lips could truly be. As he teased her with her own arousal, her lips parted and her tongue snaked out, wrapping about his fingers to draw them inside her warmth. She suckled, her eyes still on his face as she licked him clean. It was all too easy to imagine those lips wrapping about his cock to offer the same treatment. Had he daydreamed about that moment? Watching as she slowly fell to her knees between his legs and worshiped his throbbing shaft? A slight quirk of her mouth upward told him that she certainly had thought about it.

"Ice Queen?" she said suddenly. "Is that what you think of me?" What others think of me?

She wasn't sure that she could really be insulted. It was a fairly accurate moniker, or at least it had been until Jack had thawed her a little. Now, she was in far too deep to ignore her feelings for him. It especially wasn't a thought she could dwell on while he was pleasuring her. She groaned again as his hands fondled and skated dangerously close to that sensitive little bud nestled there. It clenched almost automatically as he touched her, causing her to shiver.

"Jack," she moaned low in her throat. "Are you ever going to get undressed?" She wanted him so desperately, needed him desperately. Her resolve to follow orders was growing weaker by the minute. Another moment longer and she might jump him whether he liked it or not.

Jack didn’t answer Miranda’s first question, at least not then. Instead he just looked at her dispassionately, as he recalled how Doctor Blake had come across when they first met; cool, collected, dismissive and more than a little haughty. At this point Jack knew there was more to her than that, but first impressions linger. So Jack smiled as he looked at Doctor Blake now, barefoot and essentially nude in her own kitchen, her elegant robe hanging from her shoulders like some weird piece of discarded fetish wear. Her skin flushed and sweaty, and her nipples hard little points at the tips of her dangling tits. And best of all her delicate hands glued to the countertop as he’d instructed, while the good Doctor offered him her pussy and ass to play with, any way he pleased. As if to emphasize the last point, Jack’s thumb stroked Doctor Blake’s clenched little asshole quite deliberately, as he contemplated binding her hands with her robe’s sash, pushing her head down and taking her anally on her own stovetop …

But then Jack remembered there was much more to Miranda than her Ice Queen façade, and his heart went out to her. He could see the need in her eyes, hear it in her voice, feel it in her quivering body. He’d tasted it in her wetness, and could still smell it lingering in the air of the small kitchen. So instead of reaching for Miranda’s sash, Jack stepped slightly back and undid the heavy buckle of his rigger’s belt, then popped the snap and undid the zipper of his trousers …

As Jack’s pants and boxers were pushed down over his muscled thighs, Miranda could see that his cock was a little under seven inches long when he was fully erect, which he definitely was just then. He was also a little on the slim side, which actually suited him just fine; it seemed to make it a little easier for gals to accommodate his … varied interests. He’d been circumcised as a baby, and his cock and balls were just as smooth now as they had been then, though quite a bit larger; an old girlfriend had suggested he try shaving and he’d kept up the habit because he liked how it looked and felt. Miranda could also just see some of Jack’s pubes peeking out from the bottom of his shirt, and they seemed to be much more neatly trimmed than the mat of hair covering his chest …

Jack pulled a condom packet from his shirt pocket, then quickly and efficiently rolled the rubber down over his twitching shaft. That done he stepped back towards Miranda, took hold of her left hip and spanked her right butt cheek with his other hand; the little slap was just hard enough to sting a little, and also make the Doc’s whole sexy body jiggle slightly. “Spread your legs wider, and arch your back more” Jack instructed. “If you want me to fuck you, you need to present yourself to me properly.” Jack paused for a second, then dug the fingers of his left hand into Miranda’s hip just a bit as he continued. “And do not lift those hands off the counter, unless you want it to be wine tasting time …”

Last edited:
Jack had ordered her hands upon the counter, but he'd said nothing about shifting so she could look at him. As he drew back, she leaned forward and turned her torso slightly, curious as to what he had planned. When his hands dipped to his belt, a great warmth bloomed in her needy sex. Never had the quiet sound of a zipper and the rustle of fabric transfixed her so completely. She bit her lip in anticipation, waiting, hardly daring to breathe as his pants dropped and his cock sprang free. She stared unabashedly at that welcome sight, amazed how confidently he handled himself, so secure in his ability to please her that there was little hesitation. His movements were so deliberate and measured, as though he knew exactly the amount of turmoil he was causing within her and how much she craved his cock.

A shiver rolled through her as his hand impacted with her rounded ass, the simple act driving another shaft of lust through her throbbing pussy. Inhaling deeply, body vibrating with both nerves and eager anticipation, she lifted her gaze to meet his eyes. Present herself? No one had ever demanded that of her. Most just thrust and started fucking. Jack... he was another sort of beast entirely. It wasn't exactly the words he used, but how he used them. Even when not on duty, he still retained an air of authority that, should have repelled her. Instead, she was drawn to his commanding presence, and something deep within her urged her to obey.

Dr. Blake was not a submissive person. She couldn't be and still retain her own position of authority over her staff. Miranda, however, was quickly becoming a slave to Jack's whims. The two personalities, so vastly different, waged war inside of her -- each struggling for dominance. In the end, it was Miranda who won, shoving her counterpart aside. It was a small, tiny battle that might only last the evening, but it was a battle won. The soldier had scored a minor victory.

One foot moved further out and then the other, spreading her legs for him. Using the counter for leverage, she also arched her back, thrusting her ass outward and up to meet him. It wasn't quite painful, but it was a strain on the muscles that might have given way far too soon if not for the strengthening yoga she practiced on a near daily basis. The posture also thrusts her breasts toward the ceiling, both of the large mounds bouncing together as she moved. Dark waves spilled over her shoulder and down the silken robe against her back as she turned away, every inch of her body alive with a fiery passion that begged to be quenched.

Last edited:
Jack’s hard cock twitched as he watched Miranda gracefully assume the outrageously lewd pose he’d specified, but he was unsure what really aroused him more; the way she looked, or the fact she hadn’t objected in the least to being told to present herself to him like that. And in that instant Jack was overcome by a wave of relief and contentment, as well as a deep, deep feeling of respect and admiration for Miranda, which made him want to remember that moment forever.

After the other times they’d fooled around Jack had strongly suspected Miranda had a submissive streak running through her, at least when it came to sex. Which wasn’t all that uncommon in Jack’s experience, at least among professional women who kept themselves wrapped as tight as Miranda did at work; when they finally decided to get back in touch with their feminine sides in private they sometimes went a little nuts, which was fine by him. But he really had planned on talking with her about all that first. And then she’d surprised him at the door in her sexy little robe, and things started moving fast, and as was his nature he’d started pushing her hard. And somehow this beautiful woman had found the self awareness and courage to just take his hand, follow his lead and trust that everything would be okay; it was almost impossible for him to believe, and his heart ached just thinking about it.

“Alright Jack” his little voice said to him after a few seconds, “she’s not going to stay like that forever. So if you’re going to take care of her, knock off the philosophy crap and get your head back in the game.” Jack knew his little voice was right, but was still mightily annoyed that it had interrupted his moment. And so, even though it was very unfair, Jack decided to take out his annoyance on Miranda by teasing her just a little more before he gave her the relief she so clearly needed. The big soldier rested his left hand on the small of Miranda’s back, not to hold her down or force her to arch even further, but just because he wanted to touch her and let her know the way she was holding herself was simply perfect. And as his right hand gently caressed her lovely tush, Jack leaned in and began to lightly blow on Miranda’s pussy, which had swiveled up and out from between her legs thanks to the position she was in. Once he was sure she knew how close to her sex he was, Jack spoke up in a friendly voice. “Oh my Doctor Blake, besides that fine ass of yours you do also have one pretty little pussy. So pink and delicate looking. Good enough to eat really …”

Jack gently blew on Miranda’s lips again, before he pulled back and began lightly stroking her labia with the fingertips of his right hand. “But that’ll come later. For now … Well, you know Doc, you really are so open and wet, I probably could have started fucking you five minutes ago. You really are a submissive little slut, aren’t you?” Jack’s fingertips briefly stroked Miranda’s swollen clit and he leaned forward to lightly kiss the small of her back before he went on. “Luckily for me, I happen to really like submissive little sluts, especially when they’re as smart and sexy as you are.” Jack paused for a moment, but his fingertips never stopped teasing Miranda’s slick lips. “So what I think you need isn’t just a fucking, but to be mounted, like the spirited little filly you are …”

And with that Jack stepped up close behind Miranda, grasped her slender waist with one hand, placed the tip of his cock against her vulva with the other and gently rocked his hips forward. And as he did the hard shaft of meat jutting from his groin began to slowly and inexorably push into her body, through the wet and willing lips of her wantonly exposed pussy …

Knowing that his mouth was so close to her sex heightened her arousal even more. She wasn't embarrassed for him to inspect her body, for she was no virginal girl nor blushing young bride. Confident in a way that her younger self had never been, Miranda waited with an eagerness that begged to be sated. She could feel the trembling in her pussy as he teased her further, strong fingers working her to another level of pleasure. Her clit throbbed, engorged and needy, sparking with a deep lustful intensity each time he stroked the tender nub.

"Then fucking mount me already," she growled low in her throat in response to his teasing, impatient to feel his cock inside of her. Her eyes closed as she felt the first press of that hardened shaft begging entrance to the mysteries beyond. How long had it been since she'd had anyone between her legs? Since she'd had someone inside of her? She wanted to weep with relief, to thank whatever God was listening for sending Jack to end the drought, but such thoughts were too complex in that moment of absolution.

She moaned, head tipping back even further as he pushed through the first barrier, delving into the silken velvety warmth. Like the slut he'd so named, she was sopping with lust and easily penetrated, his cock finding the way tight but well lubricated. But oh, that tightness. It gripped him from all sides, begging him to drive deeper, stretching slowly to hug his shaft in pressure and heat. It was all too apparent that Jack was the only man who had visited that heavenly space in quite some time.

She had warned him that it had been a long while, that she was woefully out of practice, and she'd not been lying. The tautness of her body spoke louder than her words ever could. She needed him, far more desperately than he realized, and it wasn't a simple act of sexual satisfaction. Her soul had been crushed and Jack's affection was slowly fusing the pieces back together. In that first thrust, he'd given her so much more than his cock. The ice queen was beginning to melt away.

Jack grinned at Miranda’s frustrated outburst but didn’t reply. Instead he just kept rocking his hips slowly forward and soon enough felt his pubes brushing against the soft skin of Miranda’s fantastic ass. She had seemed very wet and was very warm, but most of all Jack marveled at how tight her sweet little pussy felt; she’d said it’d been awhile since she was with anyone and that certainly seemed to be the case. So Jack paused there, not to tease Miranda again but simply to give her body time to remember what to do. And as he looked down at her and waited part of Jack regretted that he couldn’t see Miranda’s pretty face and beautiful brown eyes, but he somehow still also knew that taking her like this the first time they made love was the right thing for both of them.

While Jack’s hips were idle the rest of him was not. Leaning forward a little the big soldier slipped his hands around Miranda’s slim torso and cupped her full breasts gently. Then he started to fondle them tenderly and as his fingers also started playing with Miranda’s sensitive nipples he whispered into her ear. “It was very sweet of you to offer me your body as soon as you opened the door. And I’ve obviously accepted your offer. But it’s going to be on my terms.” Jack stopped speaking for a moment but his fingers kept up their teasing while he paused. “Your ass is mine tonight Doctor Blake. As is the rest of you.” Jack gave the sexy Doctor’s firm tits a gentle squeeze before he finished up. “Understand?”

Without waiting for an answer Jack shifted one of his hands to Miranda’s left hip and the other to her right shoulder, and he began moving slowly inside her. Given their position and the tight confines of the little kitchen his strokes were short but still felt incredibly good to him; Miranda seemed to have loosened up a bit to accommodate him, but the way her pussy still squeezed his cock as it slid back and forth was simply fabulous. Jack did his best to angle his thrusts sort of downward, in hopes of brushing against the sensitive spot inside Miranda that she seemed to like so much, and he also didn’t hold onto her too hard, so that she could wiggle her curvy hips around all she wanted.

As his excitement built Jack’s movements picked up speed and he was suddenly consumed by an overwhelming need to penetrate Miranda as deeply as possible. So he shifted his left hand to the countertop, which gave him the support he needed to start using some muscle and not just his hips to thrust forward; it seemed as if Jack was now trying to use his legs and core to lift Miranda up onto her pretty little painted toes and impale her slender, sexy body on his throbbing cock. He couldn’t really tell if she was enjoying being taken like this, but he figured she was a big girl and would let him know if there was a problem as he started simply pounding her from behind.

Then the part of Jack’s mind that was still working realized there was something he could do to make sure Miranda was enjoying herself. His right hand dropped off her shoulder as he was drawing back for another thrust and slipped between her flat belly and the counter to press against her mons; from there finding her swollen clit just above where his cock was being gripped by her slick lips was a piece of cake. Jack pressed his fingertips lightly against Miranda’s sensitive little nub, so that every time his shaft thrust forward or she moved her hips it would glide over them. He also thought about telling Miranda it was time for her to cum for him but he figured she’d get the message, and he was also really starting to have problems thinking straight. So the only other sound Jack made was when his hips slapped noisily into Miranda’s curvy ass cheeks, as he did his absolute best to just fuck the sexy Doctor’s brains out while she presented herself to him atop her kitchen stove …

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom