Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PlaneShift Zendikar

east

Supernova
Welcome to Zendikar​
tumblr_pmu6rh5qlj1w7hzz2_1280.jpg

Zendikar is an ancient world, the land is for the most part rich with magic. The land is ancient scattered with signs of civilizations that came before, but now only small settlements no larger than small towns remain. It has been a long time since cities have stood on Zendikar's surface, and the majority of the people know only stories and oral histories of what came before.

Zendikar_gods.jpg
The predominant religion of zendikar speaks of 3 ancient gods who helped to shape the world. Ulma of the sea, Cosi from the mountains, and Emrie queen of the sky have become fables and legends. The warrior gods that could shape the very wrold around them have worked their way into stories for children.

once upon a time grand churches and statues of the three were constructed to aid in worship, but as the land shifted and broke apart many of these structures became abandoned. With the gods mostly lost to time most villages rely on story tellers, and few clerics help to keep the memories of these great gods alive.

It has been said that when the time is right these titans would return. Though now most shrines dedicated to them have fallen into ruin, and much of their stories have become eroded to time.

Life on Zendikar is a dangerous one. Because of this populations tend to remain small. Technology on Zendikar hasn't advanced very far. Mostly because Zendikar is a world filled with large predators, and terrifying drops. However, ancient tombs litter the surface of Zendikar, ancient and complex civilziations that came before, ranging from wildly complex, to city structures, and of course Zendikar's most famous structures.

The Hedrons are ancient constructs of wild magic, that are said to be the source of the distortions. Creating the strange floating islands of Zendikar, no one really remembers why they were made, or put into place, but each is a tomb of ancient knowledge. They range in size from massive temples that a person or group of people could walk through, to a simple time capsule of knowledge that could fit into a persons hand.

It was said that Emrie had them made so that people could be closer to her domain in the sky. Helping to lift the civilizations off the ground and away from the dangerous predators that roam the surface of Zendikar.

What is known is that they are great sources of energy, often villages will come to use a close by hedron as a sort of magical generator, helping to provide things like, light, water, and power. However the power stored in a hedron is not limitless, and many villages have learned too late that they have taken too much from the artifact, sending the hedron, and all that it was lifting down to the ground below.
bastien-lecouffe-deharme-hedron-step-04.jpg

and lastly there are the places where people do not exist, and no one dares goes. The surface of Zendikar is a dangerous place frought with ancient life, and deadly predators, but upon leaving the planes, and forests there is a darker place. Where the magic of this fertile world is distorted and corrupted. Twisted through unknown means.

0fe16be4bb0b4f9f6d2e07935ceced94.jpg
These are the wastes, cold, barren stretches of land where nothing grows, littered with ash and unstable land. No one is exactly sure what made these. One story says that Cosi, and Ulma once had an arguement and the wastes were a result of their conflict.

To cut out all the fancy in game talk of the pitch. I'm gonna be running the planeshift zendikar pamflit with a few of my own tiwsts and turns. I'm still looking on exactly how I want to run this, but I do know that actual races suggested in the 12 page 'book' are... well kinda dumb. A 30 feet climbing speed on the Kor is kinda gross, so I wanted to change a few things up. Links are to various resources.

starting races:

Goliath (Honestly this is how I would see the Kor)
Elves (honestly i'd accept any of the subraces except for Drow as their is no under dark. I linked to the wood elf subrace because considering the amount of forestry and foliage I think these would be the most appropriate versions for the setting.)
Aarakocra (while not a perfect native to the world, I kinda want to see how this would work out, I see these guys as being a bit rare)
Human
Goblins (volo's guide for goblins)
Triton (again i think the merfolk of zendikar are a bit over powered, the tritons of volo's guide make more sense to me)

I'm probably also gonna make some backgrounds for this, and if you want to play a race that isn't on the list talk to me, as long as it is from a published book i'd probably allow it. And the other PHP races are all fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom