Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Under Construction]

Techn0logic

Supporter
Supporter
All of the worlds of the Imperium shall look to their own defense. They shall also look to the defense of the Imperium, and the prosecution of such wars as the Emperor in His wisdom shall decree.

Therefore, each populated planet shall raise and maintain its own planetary defense force, and from the ranks of this defense force it shall provide the best of its troops for recruitment into the Imperial Guard, according to such requirements as shall be imposed by the Administratum.

- from the Introit to the Codex Exercitus​

It's been three days since we lost contact. The captain told us it was merely an issue of communication. The whiteshields, the conscripts, they believe every world that spews from his mouth. I on the other hand know that they are dead. I've been sitting in this same tower ever since word got out that chaos was taking roots in the hive cities around us, causing massive anarchy and destruction. Radio chatter has been quite vivid, preaching about vicious daemons and traitors massacring untold thousands.

Constantly my portable radio keeps sputtering the words of the captain's priests, explaining we must 'guard our faith' until help arrives. If only such a thing was so easy. The distress call was sent a good two weeks ago, stretching to the nearby planets. But nothing, nothing changed but the sky, which remained darkened, rain pouring down upon the Imperial Guard Compound.

We are stationed in the high mountain region, a couple of miles from the nearest hive city. We were supposed to mobilize a week ago, but the captain informed us we need to guard this area, to provide a 'safe' landing zone for reinforcements. A complete and utter bullshit order if you asked me. The only space port that could provide even a hint of hope was taken in the beginning of the rebellion.

And my job has been to watch the events unfold beyond the horizon. Perched in this damn tower with nothing but a long-las (Sniper Rifle) and a vox-radio. Luckily I have a pack of smokes, helps pass the time. Besides that, all I can do is watch, to make sure the forces of chaos do not reach our vicinity.

Tired, it's the one word I can express clearly right now. With a lit cigarette, I find myself leaning over the railing of my tower, looking about in a most dull fashion. But finally, I think I may have found myself some action. Before I even knew it, I had my rifle balanced on the tip of the railing, the cigarette resting beside it as my eye leaned into the scope. It was two civilians, a young woman and that of a child, running towards us.

I kept my sight hovering above them, watching them scatter towards me from some unknown force.

"Kill, Kill!"

The eerie voice seemed to yell out from beyond my viewing, quickly taking the turn after the two. A twisted, malformed creature that I hope I'd never truly see. It was tall and lanky, it's skin a darkened red. If I had to guess, it was a Bloodletter, something the priest had briefed us about a few months ago over the 'Denizens' of chaos. My sight came to the head of the beast, my finger hovering over the trigger.

-More to be added-

Back
Top Bottom