Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Lost - Me and Mortals_Dream

TheDarkerMe

Supernova
Yuugao had broken her habit, she had come early. Before everyone was going to show up. Slowly she crouched before the grave, five year, it had been five years. She placed the lilies on the Cenotaph and perched herself a little more steadily. Then she began her prayers, for all those passed. For the man she loved. For a year, she had been on the edge of deciding to become a Jounin Teacher, but she had remained in ANBU. It was as if a small part of her, could not let that life go.

It was the part of the woman, that still craved revenge. Onyx eyes stared at the cenotaph, as royal purple hair filled her vision. Her head tilted down, as a scroll fluttered to the ground before her. It was sealed by the hokage, and it was an account that was dated a year after the attack. She knew she shouldn't but someone had left this for her. She ripped the seal open with a kunai, and started to read over the accounts. It listed all the deaths and the aggressors and possible killers from that attack.

She stopped as she got to Hayate's name. Her vision going red. She stood, dropping the scroll and turning. "Baki" She hissed beneath her breath, as she afixed her mask over her features. Beneath the mask, her features had one resolved look, death. She would bring him death. With that she vanished from the grave side, her feet moving faster then they ever had. She was a blurr to those looking. She jumped across the rooftops. Her feet pulling her along to the apartment she used to share with Hayate.

She skidded inside of the room, and got her travel gear. Stocking up on every bit of weaponry she may need. She stopped and picked up Hayate's katana. Crossing it with her own. She could dual-wield them, a trick that few could accomplish. This was her mission, her own personal mission. She dawned the cloak of an ANBU and then vanished from the house. She reappeared on the roof and began running again. She was probably setting off all sorts of alerts, to those that watched her.

But she was determined now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsunade slammed her hands on the desk, as she whirled around on Shizune. "I told you she wasn't READY! I told you that, it's only been FIVE YEARS!" The blond stated as she threw out her hands. "You just handed her the name of her lovers killer, and expect her not to go and murder him? One of my ANBU Captains is on her way to destroy a treaty we painstackingly set up." She said as she collapsed in the chair and rubbed her hands over her face. She needed a drink and badly.

"None of the Current Captains can even stop her, not even together. Not when she's like this. There is a saying, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Well a woman scorned has no fury like one avenging a death." Tsunade said as she rubbed her fingers over her face and then stopped. "But there is someone who can..." She said as she began to write out the mission specifics and sent off the messenger hawk, to Hatake Kakashi.

Wrapped in a black S-Rank Mission scroll cover, the mission specifics would literally arrive in his lap.

Hatake,

Uzuki-san has attained information she wasn't supposed to have. Wasn't ready to have. She knows Hayate's killer now. You are to retrieve her if possible, if not then do what you must to make sure our peace treaty is kept with Sunagakure. Treat this as the highest of S-Rank missions, you are now reinstated as an ANBU Captain, if you feel the need is to be had. Retrieve or Destroy. Those are your choices.

Kakashi had simply been enjoying the day before the messenger hawk had arrived with the scroll. It had been a nice day, the older ninja simply laying out in the sun. One of the dirty books that he loved so much was laying across his face, blocking the sun from falling across his one showing black eye. The slight bump of the messenger hawk landing on his chest roused Kakashi from his sleep and he lifted one edge of the book, staring down at the bird.

He wrestled for a little bit on whether he should bother opening the scroll or not. After all he was retired from this whole thing. Still it wouldn't hurt to at least look at the scroll. He didn't have to do what it said after all. The older ninja retrived the scroll and quikcly scanned over it, his one eye darting back and forth as he read.

Yuugao? That was a name that he hadn't heard for a while. Both her and her former husband had been close to him. Both had been supurb fighters even with Hayate's illness. They had all known that he would die eventually, but when he was killed Yuugao hadn't taken it well. She had sworn vengance even though there was no one to swear vengance on. With a name now he wasn't too suprised that she had gone after that person.

Kakashi stood slowly to his feet, slipping the book back into the equipment pouchs that surronded his belt, the hawk taking off from his chest. The silver haired ninja shoved his hands into his pockets and looked in the direction that the sand village lay in. He had known her husbands killers for a few years now, keeping it from his friend in order to protect her. She woudl hurry off, but Kakashi could catch her, even if he stopped for quipment first. With the decision made Kakashi leapt off, his body becoming a blur with speed.

Desperation drove the woman, the wind sliding across the smooth surface of her ANBU mask. It was unique in it's design, all the others smiled while hers was just a flat line. It showed no emotion like the woman now would show no mercy. Her lover, her love had been stolen from her. Had been taken from her grasp before she could even have a child. She would exact her revenge as she saw fit. There was no other life for her. No other reason to live. There was her revenge and her job.

There where no others that even bothered to speak to her outside of work. Even her old sensei had completely stopped talking to her, weeks after that fateful conversation she had. She felt utterly alone in the world, with Hayate gone. She would see revenge, and then seek her end. There was no reason to stay here. That was her resolve, she kept to her chest as she ran. It would still take her time to reach sand, at least a day or two. Even if she pushed herself on soldier pills, she still needed to stop to rest.

She WOULD have REVENGE. Her mind screamed that to her as she ran, onyx eyes where empty and cold behind her mask. She was what every Kunoichi strove to be in the ANBU field. Empty, emotionless, a ruthless killing machine. That was her purpose, to deliver death. She would hunt Baki until he was dead, till she was appeased.

Kakashi was well known as one of the most powerful ninja's in the whole of Konoha. He was stronger, smarter and above all faster than pretty much any other ninja. Of course Yuugao was pretty much as good as he was and she was driven by revenge, a powerful force that gave her an edge of most people. Kakashi was still the faster, but with her head start on him and her drive it still took him almost a day to pull in front of her.

Of course any sane ninja would set up an ambush for her, using her push forward to hope she would be blind to any sort of traps at the sides. They might be able to take her down with a minimum amount of damage to her and it woudl be over. The silver haired ninja couldn't do that to her though. She was an old friend and she was an old student. She deserved better than to simply be beaten over the head and dragged home like an unruly child. She deserved a little bit of understanding.

So when Yuugao rounded the canyon bend she would be able to see Kakashi waiting for her, back against the wall and one of those horrible books held in one hand.

Yuugao ran as hard as she could. Rest wasn't on her mind, and when her body was pushing for rest she took a pill. She found herself coming to a stop through as she saw the male leaning against the side of the Canyon. She came to a stop, skidding on the ground and causing a streak of kicked up dirt behind. She shifted her body, spinning and drawing Hayate's Katana and leveling the blade on the male waiting for her. Her arm slid to the side as she laid the blade against her arm and twisted her arm in a semicircle, slipping into a fighting position.

"Hatake get out of my way, and do not impede me..." She whispered in a harsh and low tone. Gone was the rational woman that was behind the mask. The mask was on and it was the ANBU captain that was in the forefront. She tilted her head back and stared straight at him through the eyeholes of the mask. Her eyes leveled on him harshly. "Go away Hatake" She stated firmly as she raced at him. "I will not, I WILL NOT be stopped!"

Kakashi didn't even bother to look up from his book, instead slowly turning one page. He was well aware of the danger the woman posed, and he knew that he couldn't take her if he was distracted at all, but he also knew her as a person as well as a fighter. She wouldn't strike him down if he didn't jump at her, and she would probably still be rational enough to talk to him first. Maybe anyways.

"What did you think you were doing. This is putting many people in danger. After all sand is small but elite, they won't thank you for killing one of their own." Kakashi slowly turned the page, but he wasn't reading instead just using the common activity to put her off her guard.

"Would Hayate thank you for getting yourself killed?"

Yuugao growled softly, slipping down further into her stance. "Damnit fight me, or get out of my way!" She snapped as she shook faintly with the anger pulsing through her. Her eyes closed behind the mask as she sought to regain control of her emotionless state. Damnit, it was hard enough facing Kakashi now. After he had completely dropped out of her life for so long. "Hatake, go away!"

She didn't care that they would not like her killing one of their own. If she died, then she would die. She wanted to see Baki's blood painting her blade, feel the satisfaction that she had avenged his death. "At least then I wouldn't be alone anymore." She hissed out at his last comment. Fine he wouldn't get out of her way, then she would run past him. Which she did, in a sense. She applied chakra to her feet and then ran across the wall opposite of him.

"You have choosen to be alone. We tried to reach you but you did make it quite hard." Hatake saw her go to the wall and slapped his palm against the stone, his chakra sinking into the rock and one of the many ninjitsus that he had learned taking affect. The cliff thrust itself out in front of her, adding at least a road block to her progress.

"And my orders are to stop you. Unless you can change my mind somehow." Kakashi lowered his book and slid it away into a belt pouch, his one showing eyes finally looking up at her. "The war will kill hundreds. Is your revenge worth that?"

Yuugao came to a stop at the road block, glaring back at him. "You where the ones that stopped seeing me. Whenever I went to the memorial you weren't there. I went at the time we would meet, you just stopped showing up. You didn't have any missions out of Konoha, so I took it as you where done with me." She snapped back as she darted up the road block now, flipping over the edge of it.

"There will be no war, because when I commit the act, I will do it as a Rogue" She whispered in a low and harsh voice. "Do you really think I would impact my village in such a harsh manner? Kill me Hatake, because that's the only way you'll stop me." She stated as she ran then, leaping to the other side an scaling up the rock face as fast as she could. If she could reach the high ground, she'd have one over him.

"You were caught up in the past Yuugao. I couldn't help you with your behavior that was obviously hurting you more than it was helping you. Sometimes all you can do is move on." Hatake took up the wall beside her, keeping his body inbetween her and the direction that the sand village lay in.

"You think that the sand village will take an excuse like that. They may be our allies but there is little love lost. They will claim it was on purpose, they will draw the other villages into it, and then Konoha will fall." Kakashi suddenly slid to a stop on the rock face, his legs going wide and his hands touching the rock, giving his chakara the conduit it needed. THe rock reached out, grabbing at Yuugao's feet.

Yuugao growled softly, "I was trying to seek the future. Find a better path, you stopped coming to our meetings. I was looking towards the future of being a teacher, but you where the only one making it worthwhile. Hatake." She hissed out as she tried to get around the block he has set up. She growled low in her throat, and shook her head a little. "Come on damnit, let me through!" She cried out as she tossed her mask off. Shattering the porcelain on the rock face far below.

Tears trekked down her face, and the reaching of the hands was successful. She ended up on her face, and just did her best to keep from completely breaking. "Hatake, please... " She whispered softly as she found herself crumpling. Damnit, she was stronger then this!

((Sorry it's fail, I am sick. ))

Hatake sighed and kneeled down, still sticking to the wall beside her. She had been a good student and a good friend. Hayate's death had taken a lot out of her though. She might have gotten over it if it hadn't been for this little piece of information. She might have been able to move on if it hadn't been for a stupid person making a stupid choice.

"What do you want me to say. Go kill him, have fun, make sure he suffers." Hatake drew hsi chakara back from the stone, letting it go back to its normal state. "Okay, but we do this right."

Yuugao kept her grip on the wall, her eyes glaring at him as she turned her head away. Hair hiding her features from him as she pushed herself back to a standing position. Her eyes staring away from him as her hands gripped at her sides. "I will do as I must to avenge his death. I swore it on my honor that I would avenge him when I knew his killer. Do you really wish for me to lose my honor?" She said in a hissing tone.

Her honor , her job, and her revenge. Those where what was left to her in the world. "I'd rather if you just left me alone, like you have the majority of this year." She snapped as she bolted. After he released the stone, she took that as her chance to go.

"You also swore to protect the village. Is that honor no stronger." Kakashi knew that he was fighting a lossing battle there though. Some loved the village more than anything but Yuugao had been completly dedicated to her love, and whiel she pressed on after because of duty with his killer known that wasn't enough. For Kakashi though he had both here. Yuugao was a friend and stopping her saved her as well as the village.

Kakashi followed after her, keeping pace with her. She was fast, but Kakashi had built his life on being the fastest. "If you want to do what you keep saying your going to have to stop just waving that sword around and use it."

Yuugao actually came to a complete stop at his words. Her body straining, but her mind holding herself back. She had sworn loyalty to Konoha. She had sworn it on her life. She looked at the blade in her hand, and then twisted it a little. Suicide was an interesting contemplation. It would help her regain her honor, considering no matter what she did, she'd lose it. Her eyes closed as she sighed, going to her knees for the final time in this fight of theirs. A mental battle between two that had lost so much.

She let the katana roll from her hand unto the ground as she tilted her head down. "Just kill me then, Hatake." She said softly and gently. Her old Sensei killing her would be a welcome action. It would be part of his mission, and she'd die at a skilled and honorable hand.

Kakashi looked down at the woman, seeing her break as the two sides of her warred with each other. Of course he hand't wanted that for her, she was a friend above all else, but he couldn't let her do what she wante either. Kakashi stepped forward and placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it lightly.

"You know that I'm not going to kill you." Kakashi said. He might have not let her do what she wanted but he wasn't going to kill her and he figured they both knew it. "You are too good to waste to somethign stupid like that."

Yuugao leaned against the male, her shoulders shaking now. A shinobi was supposed to put all emotions aside. But those that found a bond that increased their work capacity, where encouraged to cultivate it. She had such a bond with Hayate, a bond that had shattered her when he had died. Now with his killer so close at hand, she could do nothing about it. Nothing but wish she could die from the shame she felt. She was torn between doing it herself, and egging Kakashi into it.

But she knew that was impossible. She shook faintly as she looked up at him now, those dark eyes of hers filling up with tears. It was obvious she hadn't been sleeping well at all lately. Smudges beneath her eyes, and a paleness that went beyond her usually pale complexion. Nor had she smiled in awhile, it was obvious by the frown lines that where upon the woman's features. She had grown so much in the years she had known him. Yet he seemed to have remained timeless.

Kakashi was well known for not making connections to people, at least nothing close and personal with anybody. He might have taught plenty of ninjas but the problem of course was that all of his studetns were younger. They might have a good relationship but the real problem was that all of his students were young and that stopped a real and menaingful relationship. And all of his old friends were slwoly dying off it seemed. He didn't have enough friends to let one more go.

"Come on. If sure that the Hokage won't mind if we come back right away." Kakashi held a hand out for Yuugao, waiting to help her to her feet again.

Yuugao shook as she just felt the weak laughter flitter from her lips. Her hands pressed to her face as she shook. She had pushed her body too much it seemed. Too much work, too little care. But ANBU rarely where allowed breaks anyways. Tsunade would enforce one upon her now. Slowly Yuugao stood up, but her head spun with dizziness. "Kakashi, old friend..." She whispered softly and weakly. Her hand gripping his arm as she leaned her forehead against his arm. The poor woman was utterly exhausted.

She sighed softly as her eyes closed and she bit her lip faintly. Return, and she wouldn't get in too much trouble. She hadn't done anything, but she had the intention to betray Konoha. If she had done it now, who was to say she wouldn't do it again in the future?

Kakashi let an arm drap over the woman's shoulder, holding her against his own body, trying to lend her some strength. He had never really seen her as weak, but she certainly seemed to be that way now. Fragile and exhausted and though he knew that she still had strength if she needed it, she was near to tapped out.

"I don't think you are going very far today though. There is a stream nearby, and I even know there is a warm spring that feeds into the stream. You look like you need the rest before you decide to do anything."

Yuugao leaned against him, sighing softly as the man helped her in ways that others couldn't. She nodded faintly as she walked with him, towards where the hot springs and stream where. They would camp for the night, and then she would return to Konoha. But first she needed to fix herself. She saw the steam and sighed softly as she approached where the warm water was. She left Kakashi's half-embrace and stood at the waters edge. Dropping into a crouch she then sat down and began to undress.

She made quick work of it, and slipped into the water. Around her team she never had modesty, she had no need for it. Pale body pinkened thanks to the warm water, and a sigh of relief fled her lips. "It's good for the weary old battle worn joints... get in here old man." She called out tauntingly.

Kakashi had never been very modest himself, his choice of books shoudl make that quite obvious, though the male part of him certainly appreciated Yuugao. She was his friends and his true thoughts were for her mentally but a small part of him couldn't help but look her over. A toned body, thanks her her ninja work and a body that would have been beautiful anyways. He had seen her before of course, he had worked with her before and she had never had a problem with men seeing her, but even then she was claimed.

Kakashi stripped his clothes as well and slid in beside her, the water rippling around him. Even with his nakedness though he kept the masks on over hsi face. The water came up to his chest and the glorious warmth felt good even to him. "So how did you find out."

Yuugao stretched out into the water, her eyes closing as she relaxed. Toned muscles absorbed the warmth, sucking it up as if it was a cold day. She felt the stress leach from her as she slumped a little lower. Her eyes scanning over her body. The scarring that covered her, for now shinobi went through life without getting a few. She had some on her legs, and a particularly nasty one across her chest. She remembered how she got that one, had happened on a mission when Kakashi was her Captain. The scar ran down from the hollow of her throat, to her belly button, between her breasts. It had almost killed her, but Kakashi had managed to get the opponent away at the last moment.

It was the largest scar, but there where still many. She turned her head to look towards him. She reached out slowly, her fingers gliding up his shoulder. "A little birdy dropped a file in my lap." She said lightly as she slipped closer to the male, leaning in against him. Her Captain had been someone she had looked up to. He had lost more people in his life, then anyone else she had known. He knew what it was like to have only a handful of people let. Her hand reached for the mask, slowly so he could easily stop her if he chose. "You're alone with me... I'd like to at least see your face."

Comfort, that a familiar face was really there... She needed comfort more then anything.

Kakashi had slumped into the water as the relaxed, closing his one showing eyes to the world. Still the sound of her moving in the water made him open his eye and look at her. He didn't stop her hand and he let her pull off the mask as well as his headband, revealing both of his eyes to her. He looked at her through both eyes, something he didn't do very often with anyone. He knew why she wanted his mask off and he was fine with giving her what she needed if it was this simple.

"Any idea who would have done that. They would have to know how you woudl have reacted to the news. Is someone trying to start something." It might seem that his statements were somewhat off putting, snapping the mood in the air, but he did have his reason. She had been the lover of a friend and even if Hayate was dead there was such a thing as loyalty. Moving closer to hsi lover would not be loyal.

Yuugao removed the covers from him. Her fingertip slowly running down his scar for a moment. She leaned back and relaxed down into the water again. Dark amethyst colored hair pooling in the water and spreading around her. She listened to him in silence and sighed. How many years since Hayate had died, since she had felt the touch of another. Some part of her was craving it, and the other was hating herself for doing so. Would Hayate approve. Her eyes closed as she tried to search for an answer to that question, while answering Kakashi's question.

"I feel it was someone that wanted me to know the truth." She said lightly then stopped as the feeling washed over her. There was a rush of wind around them for a moment. As a large white bloom was snatched up from one of the trees, the flower was swept in the wind, and allowed to land in the water. Swirling on top of it. Yuugao's eyes widened as she reached out and picked up the bloom. For a moment she could feel a presence behind her, she looked and saw an outline of Hayate. It was a shock a pure shock. Naruto had spoken that Hayate and the 3rd had visited him... she hadn't believed.

The form waved to them, and then turned his back. Giving a snap of a hand over his shoulder in a goodbye manner. Peace, he was at peace now, why? Because she had decided not to avenge him. She held the bloom to her chest and sighed, eyes closing.

Back
Top Bottom