Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Love? (Accepting players)

Sunset Drifter

Super-Earth
Lord Balthoros used to be a King. He ruled his Kingdom with an Iron fist and kept his people in line. His knights were some of the best in the land, and won many wars. For 12 years his Kingdom prospered. That is until a plague fell upon his Kingdom, killing all that touched. Only the King was immune, only he remained until the plague caused his mind to fall into madness. Obtaining an amulet holding dark powers he raised his citizens as monsters and traveled the land collecting a new army. Searching for a new Kingdom his actions led him to collecting, and creating monsterous woman to aid in his grand plans.

He no longer desired a continent to control, he wanted the world. Yet in order to do that he would need bigger army. Using his minions and his magic, the mad King crafted dungeon. Using it as a trap to lure unsuspecting adventurers in, they were added to his ranks. It has been three years and the Dungeon Lord has slowly been collecting power. Like always another small group enters his lair, and while the party endures the fate of so many, one slips from his hands. A red haired swordsman was knocked off of a pillar in a final attempts to protect the group. Yet the swordsman is of little concern, a pebble among boulders. It would be time again, one last trip to the surface to gather more followers into his dungeon. Yet even a small pebble can move mountains if left unchecked...

The Labyrinth of the Forgotten

During the process I had noticed a few of my subjects acting out. Using the magic I had obtained through the pain I crafted a labyrinth prison. For a time it was where I kept most of those who had tried to enter my dungeon and rob it of it's riches. Yet it later became known as the Labyrinth of the Forgotten due to housing many of the failed monster girls that had displeased me. None can leave, thanks to the loyal Grand Minotaur wandering the hallways. It is a dark place, one neglected over the past few years I have reigned in my new Kingdom. It is at the bottom of my lair, where the golden sun cannot follow. A place where those whom I find ugly should remain forever. The servants who have outlived their usefulness. A dark place devoid of all light and hope.

~
Memoirs of the Mad King; Chapter 11
================================================================
Falling in slow motion, that's what it felt like. Cress couldn't remember how long he had been falling, his sword floating after him just out of arms reach. Just before he had fallen into the pit he watched as a pike of magic plunged itself through the heart of the Healer. Once again he had failed to keep his promise, to protect and be a hero when it mattered the most. The pain of that would hurt more than probably the impact he would feel. Darkness swirled all around him as he plummeted, deeper and deeper. Perhaps this was all a magical ruse? Yet it felt so real. The air around him became cooler, and he held his breath as his golden eyes closed. Yet the impact he was expecting, was not the killing kind.

SPLASH!!
Fate had been kind, and allowed him to fall into an underground lake. The stagnant water sucking him deeper into a murky abyss. The sound of the splash had echoed throughout the labyrinth, as if someone had dropped a bread loaf sized stone into the lake. One of many, yet the murky water was all connected. Failing the red haired man began to push himself upwards as a light had appeared where the surface of the water was. His sword was searching for him, the runes upon the blade pulsating with a soft purple color. Letting out a gasp Cress eventually found a small patch of dirt to wash ashore upon. Gasping and coughing for air he eventually found himself on his back catching his breath. "It feels as if...my stomach tried to escape my mouth...." he grumbled as the sword came to float by his side, the soft purple light illuminating a portion of their surroundings.

"Ahh yes, the results of one free falling and plunging into a lake from an unknown amount of height! You really need to find a less...dangerous hobby." mused the sword in a happy tone.

"Heh, yeah...next time I'll make sure to just jump head first into the bottomless pit instead of being knocked in!" he grumbled slowly sitting up. Placing a hand to his forehead he grunted. "Where...are...we?"

"I would imagine we are still within the confines of the dungeon. Noting the stone walls all around us." the sword stated as the light from his runes revealing bits of unkempt stone walls jutting from the lake and all around them.

"You really think so? I was kind of hoping we got lucky." Cress grumbled again.

"Do not underestimate the Lord of a Dungeon. Like Wizards and their magic towers, a dungeon can be just a big and magical. I suggest we tread carefully, unless you want a spike through your foot, or an arrow through your gut. For now you should probably refrain from standing until your body can handle the pressure. We did just fall...a long ways down after all."

Cress grinned, "Oh don't be such a doting mother Regaltz!" he stated jumping to his feet. "A stupid fall like that isn't going to keep me do--URRGURRRRAAABLAAAAH!?" retching he suddenly bent over and threw up.

"I warned you....why don't you ever listen...." the sword stated swaying back and forth as if it was someone shaking their head.

"S-Shut urggggggggppppph!" he threw up again, mostly water and bile. Hunched over, Cress felt like he was going to die. Slowly he regained his ability to stand and move. Though he was soaked and feeling light headed.

Once he had finally been able to move without gagging, Cress began to explore the room he was in, the sword admitting a magical light for them both to see what was in front of them. It wasn't very bright, no brighter than torch light, and it only illuminated himself and the small area around them. After a bit of walking he turned down a hallway and found a small room with what appeared to be a ratty old chest. "Hey it's a box! Looks kind of old and musty!" he grinned happily walking over to it, giving the lid a good thunk with the back of one of his hands it made a strange hollow sound. "I'm going to smash it!" Cress happily stated with a grin.

Regaltz sighed, though kept to himself and watched as Cress took in a deep breath and began to focus. Getting into a stance he shouted pouring all of his power into his fist as gave the top of it a good punch. Shouting again when he comically held his throbbing hand. "Gahhh! It's like it's made out of solid iron!" he whined.

"Only a fool would go around punching chests. Then again I'm not surprised."

"Heh, what do you expect me to use a key!? I guess if we ask nicely one of the skeletons scattered about this room will lend us it's bones for us to make one!" he grinned running a finger under his nose. A cold chill ran down his spine, as the sounds of soft gasping could be heard within the silence. Behind him stood a skeleton, animated and holding a rusted sword and shield Cress dodged out of the way as it swung. The blade coming down to strike the chest, not doing anything but making a good "thunk" sound.

More skeletons slowly began to stagger to their feet, their hollow eyes glowing with an eerie green color. Cracking his knuckles and gripping one of his wrists he stared into the jaws as the undead let out a gasping sound. "Do you need my assistance?" asked Regaltz as it calmly floated next to him.

"Nah I've got this. Punching bone will be a piece of cake! Marrow isn't iron after all." Cress mused giving a cocky grin as he got into a fighting stance. Surrounded by skeletons in one of the small rooms. He snickered at the odds, finally punching bags he could vent his frustration on. As one of the skeletons charged at him, he charged as well punching the skull clean off and grabbing the sword out of it's hand. Spinning he caught another skeleton off guard and picked up the sword. Duel wielding Cress took a moment to gently glide his fingers upon one of the blades.

These were short swords, probably used by bandits or knights. Regaltz was a long sword so he was heavier to swing around than these. Opening his eyes he blocked an incoming arrow from a skeleton holding a cross bow. Rushing he spun slicing through the skeleton, the cut pieces falling all around him. Determination and justice reflected in his eyes as more and more skeletons began to appear. That made sense, the floors had been littered with them after all! Regaltz fought on his own slicing up skeletons that tried to attack Cress from behind. The magical blade swirled around him as both he and Cress were now fighting their way out of the room.

He still felt a bit wobbly after the fall and throwing up, so sooner or later he would end up messing up. Which wasn't good, he didn't feel like taking a sword to the gut or an arrow to the knee. Blocking a skeleton, holding a spear, as it had rushed into a piercing attack he panted a moment watching as Regaltz sliced the skeleton in half. "This isn't good, there are too many! You need rest, we should try and find a way out of this room!" Regaltz stated with concern.

"No...I'm fine....Just give me...a few minutes..." Cress replied bent over and panting. He was tired. One of the swords he held was blocking another skeleton from attacking while the other sword he duel wielded had locked swords with another. "Though...this is kind of getting ridiculous...." he stated furrowing his brow as more and more skeletons seemed to just rise up from the dirt. Why were there so many of them!?

Riko stretched out and yawned as she awoke from her slumber. From a window in the dark wall, she heard the banging and clashing of weapons as well shouts from what sounded like a human adventurer alongside of another voice that she couldn’t identify. She concluded that the noises, which sounded more and more like a battle as she became more coherent, must be what had awoken her. She crawled out of the wooden crate she had been sleeping in and climbed up to a window. She took a seat on the sill and looked down below to where the noises came from. She could see the human easily enough in the small patch of light that surrounded him as well as a floating sword that seemed to be the source of the light. What surprised her the most was that the other voice did not seem to belong to a person. It seemed to be coming from the sword.

The fur on her tails poofed up as she held them stiffly aloft, and she let out a loud hiss, disgusted at the situation. Not only had Lord Balthoros betrayed her and her colleagues, leaving them to rot in the depths of this dungeon, but now a pesky human adventurer had interrupted her nap. She also wondered how the human had even manged to get this far into the dungeon in the first place, though from the looks of things, he wouldn’t last long. But perhaps she could help him even if he probably didn’t deserve it.

She jumped down from the window and returned to her crate where she found her bow and a quiver of arrows that she had stolen from some crusaders she had raided years before. She despised these arrows as they were imbued with holy magic that was harmful to her, but they were all she had, besides, their magic would be effective against the skeletons. She returned to the window ledge, then fired an arrow at one of the skeletons near the human, aiming for its spine just above the hip bone, that being a weak spot that should immobilize it when the arrow hit.

“Stupid human!” she hissed loudly enough for him to hear. “Foolish, greedy adventurer!” She dodged a femur that was hurled at her before firing an arrow at the skeleton that threw it. “Don’t make me regret throwing away these arrows!” she called out as she fired another one. She couldn’t admit it, but what she really wanted, much more than these reviled holy arrows, was an ally. And she really wasn’t going to admit, even to herself, that she still had a soft spot for humans. Perhaps with help she could escape from this pit, and maybe even take revenge on Lord Balthoros.

She knew she was only buying a little time. What the human really needed was to escape from the room he was in. Perhaps there was a door close by, or maybe some way to lift him and his strange sword up to the window. With any luck, maybe some of the other girls Lord Balthoros had betrayed would help too.

The chest that he had punched was no normal, it was Kogasa the Mimic. She was trapped inside of her own chest wrapped in chains and placed into a deep sleep. Once he hit the chest with rotting wood and rusty metal trims sent it flying. Though weak looking the chest was able to stay together even when it hit the wall, but same couldn't be said for chains that was around the chest.

The chains had crumbled and chest start to shake. The lid cracked open as several tentacles slither out and launched the chest forward. It crashed through a few skeletons and it tentacles even grabbed any weapons it fly passed by ripping the arms off the skeletons.

"Who the fuck punches a treasure chest!?!" A voice yelled within the chest as it landed between the human and skeletons he was fighting. Than bursting out of the chest was a naked woman, this was Kogasa human form like to use when she was talking to someone. "I'm going to punch you!" She yelled as she blocked all the attacking skeletons with the weapons she stolen.

She was several kinds of piss off. Balthoros has stolen all treasures leave her with nothing and trapped her in her own chest because she wanted to moved on. Now this asshole woke her up, but right now she need his help to get out.

Reign was in the next room over. She heard the sound of swords clashing. Curious he began to walk towards the door. Peering in she saw a man with a magic sword. A MAN WAS HERE! Without thinking Reign kicked opened the door and casual walked towards Cress. Each step she shatters a skeleton with a sword blow or casually parries an attack. "Hello there! I am Reign, Executioner of Ancient Power. I am the cursed sword that slayed the great Wyrm. Are you interested in becoming my sheathe? I will be a dutiful wife and give you much pleasure," She said with a sweet smile.She was completely nude except for the sword and the wired growths armor the Woman's body had. It was as i the woman and sword fused into one being. Reign motioned to Riko and Kogasa,"You can even take these two along. I'm not greedy and can share a man if you are into that." The entire time talking she kept her attention on Cress while parrying blows and shattering skeletons without looking. Well I suppose you are not going to beat a cursed sword at sword fighting. But it is still freaky.

Blue eyes opened slowly, piercing the darkness and watching all that was transpiring below. Aira had been awake this whole time, yet she had chosen not show it as she perched daintly on the sill of her room. Her legs crossed and wings folded against her back, giving her a rather regal look against the black back drop. In her hands she played with a silver dagger that had seen better days, the sharp blade twisting between her long fingers. In truth, she was curious as to how a silly little human would escape this mess.

She cast a lazy side eye towards the girl firing her arrows and tutted loudly. "You're a fool to help him, you know... you're just making a waste for yourself, cat" Her gaze darted to the right as she now saw Reign and Kagosa enter the fray too. A low grumble rumbled in her throat, her long scaly tail flicking angryly. They had all been betrayed by Lord Balthoros, some hurt more than others, so why did they believe this human would help.

"Ladies, calm yourself, this peasant is no different to any we've not seen before. Let him die!" Yet it was clear her voice went unheard over the clash of metal on metal. With a frustrated sigh, the dragon girl uncrossed her legs and rose to stand, stretching her wings which caused a long demonic shadow to cast over the little light of the battle grounds. Balthoros may have kept her in this weak form and took what little remaining powers she had left but there was still a couple of trickery she could do.

Using the confined spaces to echo her voice, Aira roared as loud as she could, using the bouncing sound to make it appear louder than it actually was. That combined with the formidable shadow would be enough to terrify anyone - even the dead.

Cress pulled free when the arrows hit their mark causing the skeletons to fall over wailing in ash. What happened next swept him off of his feat as the chest behind him sprung to life and seemed to block his pathway, and the skeletons. His eyes widened with shock as a naked, well endowed woman burst out of the chest seeming to yell at him for punching her. His face immediately burst into a soft pink color as he struggled to cover his eyes. The sword just floated there keeping an eye out. Various other female voices seemed to shout into the room, catching him off guard. Taking a moment he slowly stood to his feet, and opened his eyes. Focusing upon the angered eyes of the topless woman he was about to speak when suddenly another woman entered the room. Cress's attention was turned away from the Mimic to the cursed sword whom also seemed naked as well, though more or less covered up.

What was even more eerie was the fact that the woman with a sword for an arm, didn't take her eyes off of him as she spoke. Yet any of the skeletons trying to get close were easily taken care of. Her eyes seemed hauntingly beautiful but there was something off about this woman. The eye on the sword seemed to be staring at him as well. Rubbing the back of his neck Cress glanced away, still trying to wipe his nose from the sudden nosebleed. His blush never left his face, and he stood there shyly for a moment. He wasn't afraid, more or less, confused. By the time a roar was heard he jumped a little snapping him out of his stupor. The skeletons were retreating into the darkness, having given up. For now he was alone in this room with two naked women and whomever else. "Uhh....well....sure I guess." he replied to Reign confused about her request, not realizing he had just accidentally agreed to become her "sheath" whatever that meant. It would be clear that he wasn't used to dealing with such flirtatious affairs.

When he was younger his master would always plaster himself with booze and women. He had spent embarrassing nights being tormented and teased. Though none of the women that often did hurt him or anything, Cress was just a confused boy with cute features. So affection was kind of something that flew over his head, it was something he didn't know how to process well being an orphan. Not that it mattered too much, yet his cocky attitude seemed to melt into one that had become incredibly shy. So much so that Regaltz floated in front of him and bowed.

"Forgive my Master. He's not used to such...feminine wiles." the sword mused while Cress sort of avoided eye contact with the Mimic or else he'd probably be staring at her well endowed chest. "I would suggest finding something to cover your lid Madame. As for the rest of you I know I appreciate your help with fending off those skeletons."

"Y-Yeah thanks, heh." Cress stated bowing as well trying to be as respectable as he could despite feeling kind of shy. Though he was glad Regaltz was there to help. Cress was somewhat awkward with people. Usually he and Regaltz kept to themselves and got work wherever they could. He was a free spirit that kind of came and went. "As for you Madame....I'm afraid you cannot spread your curse so easily. He and I already share a soul bond. So to say your powers won't really work upon him too well as I protect him. Still I won't stop you, seeing that it is in your nature." the sword warned the cursed weapon. "Now if you'll only give us a little space and a minute or two." floating back over to Cress the sword stared at him.

"Do you need a moment? Sorry I had not realized that Monster Girls would appear." Regaltz stated kindly.

"M-Monster Girls?" Cress asked, looking like an innocent confused child.

"Yes, they're sort of a rare species above ground. Though if there are some here within this place then this dungeon must be crawling with them."

It was clear that he hadn't seen them before. Still, they were women and needed to be respected after all. It was the right thing to do. Gaining his composure Cress stood up and slapped his cheeks. Glancing about the room at the Cursed Sword and Mimic his face lit up in a blush but he avoided eye contact with Kogasa's chest the best he could. "Sorry for punching you. Your box looked so frail I figured it would be easy to break it open. I wasn't expecting a beautiful curvy girl to come popping out of it though. Tell you what, I'll find a way to make it up to you somehow? I don't think being punched by tentacles would be fun." he stated with a chuckle. "I"m Cresstus Edge by the way, but just call me Cress. Sorry if I sort of well fell into your territory. I didn't really have a choice in the matter." he stated crossing his arms. Yet that would be another story to tell later if they stuck around that was. For now it was best to be friendly to these odd looking women.

Cress wasn't sure if they were friend or foe, but at least they were kind enough to help him. In return he'd protect them, it was the least he could do. Regaltz returned to his side and floated next to him idly. Maybe to these women a young man with a talking weapon seemed out of the ordinary. Yet it was thanks to this fact that he wasn't running away screaming. Oddly Cress was pretty calm around these women, even the voices who had called out from the dark. Were there more? Why were they down here? Cress figured all of those questions would be answered in time. For now he had to find his way around and see if he could escape this dungeon. Maybe they could help?

It went better than Riko had hoped for. A few of the other women joined in and made short work of those pesky skeletons, though she suspected it was mostly Aira’s roar that drove them off. Having been perched in her windowsill above the noise of the battle, she heard every word that word that the dragon had spoken, but in typical feline fashion, she completely ignored it. She found herself amused by the irony that the one person who probably didn’t care about the human was the one who likely did the most to save him.

Not only was she wide awake now, but her magic was beginning to return to her. She could tell it was still pretty weak, but some is better than none. At least it would be enough for her to change into her animal form. She laughed as she jumped from the windowsill to the ground below. Her laugh was not evil or maniacal but cheerful and mirthful, showing genuine amusement. “You’re in for it now, human,” she called out as she approached him and the other women. “You’ve awakened the mighty dragon of legend.”

A tiny brown-eyed tiger cub emerged from the shadows. Riko was dismayed at her tiny form, one she hadn’t had since she first started using magic. She remembered Daniel laughing at her and telling her how cute she was. Still, the tiny, cute form should work perfectly for what she had in mind. A small, girlish chuckle emanated from her throat. It was time to show these women how to handle a human male. She approached the man and pressed one of her cheeks against his leg, blatantly interrupting the apology he was giving to Kogasa, then rubbed her flank against his leg before turning and weaving between his legs. “Now really, Reign,” she said in a soft, feathery voice, “You know you completely feminized the man by trying to make him your sheathe.” The funniest part was that he actually agreed to it, which was the last thing she expected from a macho adventurer.

She looked up at the man’s face with a pleading look in her big, brown eyes and spoke to him in the same soft and feathery voice. “My guess is you didn’t come all this way looking for demon girls? You’re probably after the Lord Balthoros, aren’t you? That’s what adventurers do, right? Slay the vile dungeon lord? Well, you’re gonna need some help for this one.” What she didn’t tell him was that she, like the other women, were trapped in this prison, and she thought he could help them escape. “We have a common enemy, after all,” she added just before she ran out of magic energy and changed back into her humanoid form. And she had left her clothes on the windowsill when she changed into her animal form. So now she was in her humanoid form, naked, and in between the man’s legs, which was not a proper place for a lady who had been taught modesty. Her face turned red, but otherwise she kept her composure. “Now, surely you wouldn’t turn down an offer of help from the nekomata who single-handedly defeated an army of crusaders, would you?” It wasn’t really an army, but that was a minor detail.

Just then Reign sort of face palmed. It seemed young Cress wanted to get his hands on Kogusa's chest. In more then one sense of the word. Then Rino appeared and hit her with a verbal jibe. "Riko, I don't do that t my sheathe. My sheathe is supposed to be my husband and owner that Fucks me silly. Lord Balthoros was supposed to do this, but he tossed me aside after I made those monsters for him. This body needs a hard dicking. But I uppos I should be more picky," she let out a long sigh. "I'm not into boy still wet behind the ears. You can look after him Riko. I'm going to try and find m own man," explained Reign. She then exited the room and disappeared into the labrynth.

Once the skeletons were scared off Kogasa let the swords she was using drop inside the chest, it than spit out several bones out of the chest. She turn her eyes on Cress glaring him down until the sword spoke to her. A grin could be seen forming on her face as stared, until it said it was connected with the idiot.

Disappointed Kogasa human form went back into the chest and began to search the area. She found a few weapons and some worn out clothing. As she gather more item her chest lose some of the rotting, rusts, and a few of the holes filled themselves in.

We Cress spoke to her Kogasa human raised out of her chest. This time her body had slimmed down to fit into a tunic and leather pants. She was going to give him a second chance. "Oh trust me you will pay me back. I would have asked for the magic sword, but I take it would be hard." Her grin came back as she spoke. She wasn't the kind to stick to one group, but with how weak she is Kogasa going to milk this boy for what he was worth.

"Kogasa the Mimic and it was my choice to be trapped inside this place. Let just we were forced into this place."

"I was already awake...." The dragoness muttered with a bitter tone, her gaze directing towards the naked female. "You made sure to that, cat" Aira was thankful the darkness covered her, she could feel her chest rising rapidly with exhiliration. It had been a long time since she had roared in such a such a display and she was even more eimpressed with herself that her little parlour trick actually worked.

Her gaze briefly flickered to where Reign had just been standing, only to hear the echoes of her voice as she disapeared back into the dungeon. Atleast one of these women had sense, even if it was a little misguided.
"Pick yourself up Riko, stop making a mockery of yourself. And you!" Aira turned her full attention to Kagosa who was showing her humanself, "The boy isn't going to pay you back. If the fool thought he could take on Balthoros with nothing but a talking pin needle, he clearly has no money and came just for the impossible bounty."

The dragoness rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh, she was thankful none of the other fallen generals had appeared. Atleast the three of him could humour the boy then give him a swift death. She crouched back down on her window plinth, almost looking like a gargoyle with her large draconic wings. The silver dagger twisting between her fingers again. For now she would watch, when it became too much, she would strike and end this nonsense.

"Can you all please just be quiet! All this noise isn't helping my heada-WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SKELETONS!?"

The voice sounded like it could have came from a sensual enough woman of the night with that natural come-hither voice. But for the most part, it just sounded annoyed and angry, which was then followed by a shrill cry of confusion and possibly more anger. But that was before a defeated sigh and another pained groan came through.

"Oh...right, they're not mine anymore...nothing is..."

The owner of this voice came into view and was shown to be a...succubus? One would assume so with the raven black hair, the red skin, the tail that lashed angrily here and there, the ivory horns, and the wings that beat against the air just a furiously as the tail. But there were other features that didn't notate her as pureblooded either...what there being the red glowing eyes, the fangs that showed from her plump lips, and the clothing she wore looking as if they were made from pure shadow.

Lilith brought her delicate hands up to her head, rubbing the sides of them. Jostling against her wide hips was a dark looking book and an ornate looking dagger chained to her being. She groaned out, "If only Zazz'raqk were here...I'd have him go steal a book to fix this damned curse and be free from this misery and pain..."

She then walked into the other girls and the human male that seemed to have joined them. She blinked confusedly at the guy before asking, "Who is he? How did he get here?"

Feldspar wandered through the dungeon passageways as she used to do since being thrown away like a pile of useless scrap. But she lived. There was some odd, off-kilter, pep in her step. Maybe it was the already deteriorating construction of the statue she'd taken as host. Maybe it was the emotions ricochetting withing her core. In either case, she continued her wandering, singing, her voice chirping like a music box. She sought stronger materials. Better weaponry. Lost technologies within the dungeon. In a way, she was not all that different from the adventurers she had been built to destroy. She chuckled. And then the ground cracked below. A pitfall. Yes, there would be one around here, true. As she screamed down a single thought crossed her rocky mind; "how did I forget"

Below where the others were gathered they would have Feldspar literally dropped in on them. The golem created small crater as she had to harden and compress the once shapelier angel statue into a more compact body. Her powers were used in softening the stone at her landing into sand. Her gamble pays off and she rises, whole but dusty and looks at the people gathered. She raises and points her stone blade at the hero on instinct once she lays eyes on him "Ah! Hero!" She said, startled. Then she really took score of the situation. "Er.. what is.. going on?" said the young construct, confused. The other monster girls were here, the hero was here, this should be a battle.

For a moment he was surprised with the talking cat. She had distracted him from the sword, who had grown bored and wandered off. He was about to reply to her request when the tiny thing poofed back into a naked girl with tiger ears and a tail. Thanks to some quick reflexes Cress spread his legs just in time though it was still awkward having a naked girl between your legs. One by one more women appeared, the treasure chest girl seemed to have suddenly been sporting clothing, and in the darkness the so called 'dragon' was taunting him. Growing a little bored Cress pulled out an apple from one of his pouches and began to clean it off. Though just as he was about to take a bite the roof collapsed and sand poured into the room. Quickly changing into a stone woman he stared at her with a blink as a stone blade was being pointed in his direction. Frowning slightly a small 'shick' sound was heard when the apple was stuck into the tip of the sword. Pulling out another apple Cress dusted it off and took a large juicy bite.

He stared at them all, this odd gaggle of women. From what he was gathering they didn't seem to fond of the Dungeon Lord, or well a few of them. After a few minutes of chewing he began to toss the apple up and down in his palm, keeping a good rhythm. "So you all hate this Dungeon Lord guy eh? Then why haven't you dealt with him yourselves?" he asked out of curiosity. "There's what like....five of you?" he stated taking a moment to count all of the monster girls in the room and the voice that had mocked him earlier. "You've pretty much got a full party there." Cress took another bite of his apple and casually chewed.

"Ahh right I was thinking the same thing." Regaltz chimed in, "After all Monster Girls are nothing to sneeze at."

"Also didn't the cat girl state they had a Legendary Dragon." he mused using his fingers in quotation. "Aren't dragons supposed to be like burning towns and eating children? Or, was it burning children and eating towns..I can't remember the saying." he grinned tossing the apple into the air before catching it with his hand. It was obvious that their words hadn't affected him much. Cress had heard worse anyway, he was more curious why they were seeking his help. Spinning the apple on his index finger he took a few moments to step over the cat girl and move to her side, rather than her remaining under him. Cress's free hand reached down and gave her head a pat, not being able to resist the cute cat. He then began to scratch behind one of her ears staring at the group. "The point is you've got enough fire power to take him out. The guy didn't seem all that tough." he stated as a matter of fact!

Riko rolled her eyes when she heard Lilith lamenting about her skeletons and how nothing belonged to her any more. She thought it sounded more depressing than the dragon. Then Feldspar fell through the ceiling, and she flicked her tails in annoyance. “Did you just set off another trap?” She asked, wondering how it was so difficult to detect them, or at least remember where they were. She was also amused by the appearance of the apple on the stone sword, but she kept her amusement hidden this time.

She fully intended to get up as the dragon demanded, but then the human scratched her ears, causing her to melt where she sat. No other human besides Daniel had ever dared to touch her in that manner. She didn’t know the if the boy was bold or arrogant or stupid, or perhaps a combination of the three. She also didn’t want to push Aira too far in light of the possibility that the dragon could regain her powers before she did. She had no desire to be dragon meat.

The man had a valid point, and his question was one that she didn’t want to answer. She had been feeling weak and pathetic, thinking that she had been stronger as an ordinary, semi-wild tiger with no demonic powers at all. She had no intention of playing the part of the damsel in distress for this cocky (albeit seemingly kind and gentle) young man.

She remained sitting where she was, trying not to appear to enjoy the scratching, and attempted to answer his question. “I can’t speak for the others, but I’ve had every intention of defeating him,” she said in a bitter and defiant tone, “It’s just a matter of finding the way out of this prison. Balthoros trapped us down here because he fears us.” She knew that wasn’t the truth, but she thought it sounded good. “Just wait ‘til you see my beast form at full power. I might just pick you up and carry you out of here myself.” It was a half-truth. Her tiger form at full strength could easily carry not just him, but the entire group including the heavy, stone golem. But she wasn’t sure if she could actually recover her full power. She concluded with a warning, seeing that Aira was handling her silver blade and was likely considering using it. “Don’t provoke the dragon. She may tolerate me, but she might kill you. Let’s just say that the last time I lived on the surface she had the quite the price on her head.” She thought of excusing herself to retrieve her clothes, but she stayed where she was. If a fight were to break out, she wanted to be able to act quickly, not to mention she had just gotten her ears scratched.

Kogasa rolled her eyes when Aira started to talk her. "It doesn't have to be gold as long the payments has some kind of worth to them. I mean he must have come across a few chests from the time he entered the dungeon to now." Before she could say more, two more girl came. First was the demon vampire hybrid, than the golem.

Seeing her show hostility towards Cress who didn't seemed bothered. With a sigh her chest start slide on the ground leaving behind a wet trail. Now next to golem Kogasa pushed her stone weapon down from where the apple was stuck. "Easy there Feldspar, he my slave now until he can pay me back. You're welcome to punch him in his face, just don't kill him."

Now they bring up the master of this dungeon. As much as Kogasa would like to rant about how he stole everything from her, right now it may be best to keep the human in the dark. "He has to pay for stealing my treasures, so I have reason to kill him."

Aira's blue eyes narrowed sharply. The dagger in her fingers stopped it's spinning, her clawlike fingers taking a strong grasp of the old leather hilt. The dragonness' wings spread their full width and a low rumble emitted around the dungeon.

The dragon was pissed....

How dare this meaningless human belittle her status?! With an angered hiss, Aira rose from her perch and elegantly swooped down to the floor below, revealing herself from the darkness.

A beautiful young woman, with long flowing hair that rivalled the moon in colour. A pale blue backless dress, hugged her tiny figure, still allowing her wings to flutter freely. She stormed up to the young adventurer, marching straight pass Feldspar and pushing Lilith out of her way. Cress clearly seeing why she confined herself to the darkness of the shadows. Aira may sounded terrifying, but in truth, she was quite... short. Which took away from her intimidating nature and made her look more like a cute child.

She stood on her tip toes and raised the dagger to the young man's neck, her tail flicking angryly so it made a cracking sound in the air. "Mock a dragon and it'll be the last thing you do...." Aira muttered as her eyes narrowed further. "Balthoros is not a lord to sneer at. He took everything from us! Do you really think you can take him down if we couldn't?"

Makoto was lost after entering the maze-like dungeon a few days ago. The last food rations were gone, only a few drops of water remained in a nearly empty waterskin. Walking towards the noise of someone fighting or arguing in this underground place might not be a very good idea, but Mako was hungry and hoped that there would be at least a helpful adventurer or two. He stopped at the sight of a strange group of monstergirls and a human. Maybe it wasn't too late to turn around and walk away, but the sound of an empty stomach rumbling would surely attract their attention. Maybe they knew where he could find some food in this dungeon. Mako didn't want to eat any monster meat yet, especially not from all the humanoid looking monsters that he had encountered so far. Who in their right mind would try eating a zombie? "E-excuse me...do you have something to eat for me? I'm starving..." His voice, unusually high for a young boy, was only a little bit louder than a whisper.

Last edited:
Lilith had a hard time concentrating due to this damned cursed necklace and its effects, but she was able to tell that everyone was ignoring her question as to who the hell this male was and how he got here. That really just pissed her off more. As if it wasn't bad enough that she had all her hard work stolen from her and was being humiliated like this, but now she couldn't even get an iota of respect to just get some questions answered. Her headache got just a little more painful...

She cradled her head as she tried to get closer so she'd have an easier time to understand what was even being talked about. The dungeon was probably going to be a bit more abuzz with activity thanks to the new member, so might as well see what to expect to happen for the next week or so. She couldn't help but have her eyes wander up and down this young man. When was the last time she fed? Time was a bit of a blur to her, and she always felt starved no matter what she does. But by the gods she could just devour him right now.

But that idea soon changed when she heard mention of The Dark Bastard that put her in this situation. If she could, one would expect her eyes to burst into flames in righteous indignation and anger. Nothing set her off more than just the mention of that prick. But the angrier she got, the more her headache tormented her as now all she could is groan and cradle her aching head. Her tail was now starting to curl on itself in response to the pain she was in. This was madness.

"That damn bastard...casting me out and putting me in this situation after I, ah fucking...grrrraaayh...after all I did for him. I'll make...make all the hells jealous with, by the...jealous with the torment I'd put him through, given the chance..."

Feldspar took stock of where she stood and those gathered, and responded with immediate shame at Riko "Pardon, Miss Riko" Feldspar said, apologetic "This one's memory is a bit shaky" Then her blade was pushed down by Kogasa, she smiled at the mimic, it had been a while since she last saw her "Duly noted Miss Kogasa!" said the golem dutifully chipper. Aira didn't really have to push Feldspar much as she was already stepping out of the way with practiced ease, the draconic powerhouse's reputation preceded her.

Looking at Makoto made her sadden and with a measure of pity she offered the fox-like youngling the apple that was currently stuck on the tip of her stone sword. "this one doesn't have much, and doesn't eat, you can have this."

She then finally looked at Cress "No we do not, we're all diminished, this one's body now houses another core and it was one of the Creator's greatest weapons... well of the ones crafted so far. This one cannot fight that body or others as is... but this one could use the help in building a better body" she told the young adventurer.

Cress stood there staring into the eyes of the petite, and sort of cute, dragon. Unknown to them, he was pushing buttons on purpose. Assessing the situation was something he did when he felt like something big was about to happen. Everywhere he went, there were all sorts of sides. From the phrases coming from some of the other monster women around him, it wasn't hard to figure out their situation. They had been used or hurt by the Lord of this dungeon. Why else would they be here of all places? He was more clever than he led on, being someone who often just used to watch people in the background as a child. Poke anyone long enough and some of the truth will trickle out. With Aira's question it was clear she had been hurt possibly more than others. Then again this was all just an assumption, the more time he'd spend with them, the more of the story would unfold.

His eyes softened as he stared into Aira's with compassion. He was unafraid of her, nor did he flinch. She would feel a gentle weight upon her shoulder as he gently placed his hand upon it. "Sorry I was just joking, I tend to be kind of sarcastic, I guess I accidentally offended you." he quietly apologized to her. Weather or not she would forgive him it didn't matter. "Weather I win or not, there's no hurt in trying. I'm not going to just curl up and die, that's not my style." he grinned his eyes burning with unshakable courage as he gave Aira's shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I know better not to mess with a dragon. I'm not an idiot. Of course you all could have just said you were abused by the guy. I've already made up my mind." he stated closing his eyes in a serious manner.

His tone had changed completely. No longer was he cocky and aloof. Regaltz turned to face him. "
So we're helping them then?" the sword asked as if he already knew the answer. Cress nodded. "Yes. They need us Regaltz, weather they want to admit it or not. Which is fine because I assume you all know your way around these dungeons." Cress now was friendly, respectful, maybe even a bit charming. He didn't know these monster girls that well but he had already cared for them. From the bit of power he had seen from the Lord of the dungeon only cared about power. Too bad he had let everyone die by falling into wherever he was now. That very thought weighed upon his heart. After all he took the lives of those he met seriously.

"
Allow me to introduce myself, since I kind of forgot." he stated rubbing the back of his head. "I'm Cresstus Edge, but just simply Cress will do. This here's my friend and partner Regaltz. He and I are Freeblades traveling the world!" Cress grinned stating that proudly.

"To put it plainly, he is a sell sword that follows his own heart and code and I am a living weapon that can cut through everything. Well, if my master desires it you see. As some of you might have already sense, yes I am ancient. Yet those are matters we could discuss later when were in a more pleasant location." Regaltz added figuring none of them have ever heard of what a Freeblade was.

Most were outlaws, though some actually helped out society. They were often mocked and scorned because Freeblades were often misjudged or misunderstood. "As to why we're here. I was assigned to a traveling party who wanted to pretty much loot this place and rid the town of the dungeon lord. Though I was blasted into a hole just before they all well....died....so yeah I kind of failed." he sighed some the weight of that fact heavy upon his heart. "I'll be honest, I don't make promises. Though I'll do my best to help you all just as long as I get to give this Balthoros guy a knuckle sandwich after what he did to me! Then you all can do whatever you feel like." he shrugged. If that man's fate was to be killed by those he betrayed it wasn't Cress's concern.

Clenching his fist he smacked it into an open palm giving a cocky grin. "Though I'll do the best I can to help! Sometimes a good old fist to the face is better than any magical power or blade!" he laughed as many of them would take note of the empty scabbard upon his belt. It looked too small for Regaltz. The cloak he wore also had a giant rip in the side corner making it look sort of like one long one tailed scarf. He was kind of an odd duck but right now they probably couldn't find anyone else to help them if they needed it.

"Thank you." Mako took the apple that was offered to him and began to eat it while watching the others in front of him. He didn't understand what was going on, but still listened just in case they knew how to get out of this dungeon. "Um...excuse me, but who are you?" Maybe they would let him join their group and look for the exit together. I'm Makoto. You can call me Mako if you want." It was better to learn more about new possible friends or companions than wandering around alone, after all. "What did Balthoros do?" He asked this question to himself out of curiosity and didn't expect an answer from the mercenary or his living weapon.

A pair of striped tails thumped against the cold, hard ground as Riko glared at Feldspar through slitted eyes. She couldn’t help thinking that even the magical construct should know better than to reveal her weakness to a complete stranger, especially to an unstable and unpredictable species such as humans. Even when she had lived among humans and protected them, it was human bandits that were the biggest threat. “I think this one is a little too forthcoming,” she grumbled still glaring at the golem. “Don’t reveal weakness to people you don’t know. Right now, the human’s target is also our enemy, but what about his next customer. What if we are their target? Don’t get me wrong. I like the guy, and I certainly think we can help each other out. I’m just saying don’t blindly trust someone you’ve just met. And I’m not Miss Riko. I’m just Riko. If you must be formal, you can call me Misses Callahan, but I still prefer just Riko.”

Her words to the boy who just arrived were soft and almost motherly. “I’m glad to see you’re well, Mako. I was worried about you.” She had never had children of her own, and she considered Mako as close to a son as anyone could be, especially since she still had a soft spot for humans. She also thought it might be fun to let Cress think he was a girl. Hopefully, nobody would spoil that.

Next, she picked up one of the swords that a skeleton had dropped on the ground and lightly tossed it in Kogasa’s direction. “There, that should cover the human’s debt,” she said, her voice now dripping with sarcasm, “but let’s be honest, I think you look better now than you did before he hit you. Anyway, once we’re out of here, you can loot all the treasure you want. Just try not to ruin our best chance to escape.”

She said to Cress, “Like I said earlier, we have a common enemy, I would like to team with you, and I hope the others will as well. But only if you’ll treat us as equals and not as damsels in distress. We may weakened as Feldspar said, but we’re not helpless.” She gave a small chuckle as she added, “That’s assuming the Lady of Winter doesn’t kill you first.” If nothing else, she thought he should recognize that name, although she hoped Aira wouldn’t kill him.

She transformed into a tiger cub again and brushed up against Lilith’s feet and gently purred. She remembered that action had always helped Daniel to relax, though admittedly, she didn’t know if it would work on Lilith given that she wasn’t human, but she thought it wouldn’t hurt to try. Of course, she knew her magic would quickly run out again, and before it did, she disappeared into the darkness, returning to her windowsill to retrieve her clothes.

Back
Top Bottom