Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Friends or foes

Wolf_Demon

Supernova
It had been a long road now and there was still a lot of things he needed to learn about magic and himself. This black young man was almost 50 years of age now at the age of 47 years old. He takes his staff in his hand walking slowly down the road "Man, it sucks being an old man sometimes." He laughs to himself now, before tilting his head to the side now "Oh my, which way should I go now?" He places some bones on the ground, before placing his hand over them chanting a small spell before the bones point north. He looks at the bones before picking them up "Well, I guess I will head that way after a small nap." He sits down near a tree laying up against it as his right elbow begins to itch "Something tell me that today is not going to be a good day." He laughs a bit to himself closing his eyes a bit.

To humans she called herself Sarah. Not that anyone knew her name, the ones she told were already dead and humans knew she killed and dind't enter her territory anymore, hardly. It had been years since the last one, but in every generation one seemed to make the mistake. She dind't like humans much, they were a plague, hunting her kind and other magical beings. Her territory was a resort to all magical creatures.

But this morning she'd made a disturbing discovery. The beginning of an interdimaneional portal. Demons wanted to come to their dimension. She couldn't stop the portal alone and therefor went looking for the spellcaster serving the nearest castle. She grinned when she found him. In her half human half dragon form she still stood 7ft tall not counting her horn. She landed and a gust blew over the grass. "Hey old timer, I need a word with you." She said, her voice had some hissing in it.

He had fallen asleep for a few moment then the sudden with come over his face making him stir up "Who what?" He looks around seeing a woman that was about seven feet tall around him and had horns on her head "My, oh my is that anyway to speak to your elders young woman?" He pulls the tip of his wizard hat down a bit over his eyes "It has been a while since I seen one of your kind in the open like this." He stood up thinking to himself "The last time I got mix up with one of you I lost my hair for a few months." He thinks to himself for a moment before looking to his right and beginning to walk away "Not that this have not been fun but I have to go." He continues walk unknowingly towards where the dragon had came from "I need to get to the Risin mountains for my next part of my training."

She chuckled. "Well I'm not here for the view. There's a danger coming, demons. They want to enter this dimension and if they succeed I don't have to tell you what will happen then. Unfortunately I need your help for this." She told him as she walked int he same direction, keeping the distance short enough for him to hear her. Well at least he was heading in the right direction. The mountains were her territory now, only had become part of it recently. "Oh and Ï expanded my territory last week, the mountains you're talking about are now part of it too." She said. No one lived in those mountains, never had. Nature alone was hostile to any creature there.

Scratching his head with staff listening to her "I hate getting burn by another one of you guys, but it seems I have no choice." He cracks his neck lightly now looking back to her "Well, I was going to tell you it was your problem, but since I have to pass through your territory." He stops turning around looking her in the face with a calm expression on it "If, I help you must let me go through your territory after all you reach those mountains." He looks at her with a blank expression on his face "So, lead the way to your little demon problem."

She walked on in the same direction. "It's not just my problem. If they succeed it will be everyone's problem. They wouldn't stop with just my territory, thye would come for the whole world so that includes the humans too. I figured yo'd understand that." She said as she lead the way uphill.

An hour later they reached a cliff. She wrapped her tail around him and flew them both to the other side. "About half an hour more." She told him. Maybe he was not so smart after all.

"What makes you think I care about the other humans?" He laughs to himself turning his eyes forward trying to walk the best he can, before taking a sit on the ridge "This is it as far as I go unless I have your word. I don't give a shit about what happens to this world." He closes his eyes thinking to himself now "Before you say it I'm not a human as soon as I became a spell caster I abandon my humanity a long time ago. They made sure of that a long time ago." He sighs looking up to the sky awaiting her answer.

"What makes you think I care about the other humans?" He laughs to himself turning his eyes forward trying to walk the best he can, before taking a sit on the ridge "This is it as far as I go unless I have your word. I don't give a shit about what happens to this world." He closes his eyes thinking to himself now "Before you say it I'm not a human as soon as I became a spell caster I abandon my humanity a long time ago. They made sure of that a long time ago." He sighs looking up to the sky awaiting her answer.

"You have my word. But you do care about your own ass. If they succeed any possible threat will be eliminated and you are a good spellcaster living close to the portal. I think you could pass for a threat to them. So do it to save your own skin." She told him and walked on. She wouldn't kill him this time. If he ever her territory again after this ordeal he'd be her dinner. He doesn't care, odd human. But she agreed, humanity was a plague.

"I'm a old human I'm going to die sooner or later anyway. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger." The wizards stands up looking around the place before shrugging to himself "Well, lets go then." He jumps of the side of the cliff holding his staff in his hand chanting a spell before it takes effected making him float down to the ground. When he was back on the ground he begins to walk a bit more this way there was something odd about this mortal there was something about themselves "Seems even now I protected these fools."

Back
Top Bottom