Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Revenge Is Sweet (Me and Legionary)

SHIBBY+_+

Pulsar
Leila could still remember that day clearly in her mind. She and her brother had been sent out on a mission to kill a man by there organization. Not just any man, the leader of a pack of renegade Barbarians. From the outside they seemed a peaceful business, minding their farms, but they were truly cold hearted killers on the inside. They spared no one in their massacres.

She was supposed to be his eyes and ears. Make sure that he didn't run into to much trouble. He'd been killed the second he stepped out of the safe house. Some had been ready for them, waiting in the shadows. He'd been shot by an arrow before he was cut down. It was something they hadn't thought of. Someone else had been sent to intercept them, and they'd done there job well.

However Leila wasn't going to accept it. Her brother had been one of the best assassins in the job. He couldn't have been killed so easy. She refused to accept that the arrow wound had been the killing blow when there were other bruises and cuts on his body.

It had haunted her dreams. She woke up screaming every night becouse she remembered his last words to her before he died. She then decided that she would track down the killer and that was why she was now lying down on the roof of the killers house at night in the rain. She was dressed in a black garb, that ended just bellow the knee. She had leather bracers and gloves on her arms, and leather amour around her torso. Her hair was tied back out of her face. She was armed with a long sword and few daggers hidden on her body. She would avenge her brother tonight, even if it killed her.

Leila was not kidding herself however. She was not the best fighter in Rome. Her brother had shown her a few things when he had still been alive, but she was no master of the sword. She could defend herself against some bandits but that was how far her skills went. She was more in her element when hiding in the shadows and listening to dignitaries talk about their business. She could break into any building and then escape undetected. She could pick pocket any man with ease and rob him of a days hard earned money, but she never did , should she have the choice. She hoped some of those skills would help her now.

For Fabius, the death of Leila`s brother was hard to remember. He and his people had roaming in North Italy for decades and from time to time, tax-collectors popped up trying to blackmail them. The answer used to be swift and cold: death. Although many in Rome called Fabius, a former legionnaire in Gaul, a Barbarian, he was a Roman pure blood – his dark eyes, feebly tanned skin and his Roman accent proved his lineage. He was not a noble Patrician, but he knew how to read and count.
To live, besides farming in the public lands, hunting and collecting fruits, the small group of 15 former legionnaires and other 7 girls had a darker side: everything involving money and gold attracted them. Bounties and murders were their speciality although sometimes they could get relevant information by torturing the victims. The years in Gaul had been very useful in this regard.

Fabius was the group leader but he was a bit solitary. From time to time, he would ride away from the group and travel without a direction in Italy. He was a skilled warrior, used to hold a short sword and a shield. He had also a valuable 5 shot crossbow, which was a fine piece of weaponry in matter of technology. Although he was a Roman, he used to wander dressed like a Celtic or Gaul Barbarian – he didn’t like the Roman traditional tunic or armour, since it was too restrictive of his moves. Maybe this is the reason why Fabius was known as the Barbarian: a leather low brief and boots with iron bracelets was his summer clothes in the hot Italy. At least, this way no muscle or move would be adversely affected. Needless to say he had huge muscles and was very tall (6`2).

And now, Fabius was riding his horse close to the large River Po close to the low areas of its estuary, a location far away from Rome, where Leila's brother was killed by the arrow of his crossbow.

Leila observed her target as he rode slowly up the river.She was nervous, her heart was beating fast, it felt like is would jump out of her chest. She had sweaty palms. She tried to shake away the feeling and she breathed in deeply and closed her eyes, calming her self down.

She decided to take her chance now. She had a bow with her. She pulled it down from her back and aimed the arrow at him, aiming for his back. She pulled back on the arrow and string, tightening it before she let go and the arrow flew through the air at his back.

The second she had let go, he dropped the bow to the ground and pulled out her sword and began to run at him , her sword ready to strike him. She knew it wouldn't be this simple, but she'd try, she had to. She glared at him with a fierceness in her eyes.

Gods were with Fabius that morning. He had burnt incense the day before and prayed for Mercure to protect him. And Mercure protected him indeed.

Fabius had not seen the attacker - she was away from his eyes and only if Fabius could hear like a dog and see like an easgle he would have noticed her furtive presence. However, Fabius saw a small rabbit running among the bushes and he lowered his trunk to see it better - he was feeling hungry and a grilled rabbit seemed delicious. At the very time he lowered his trunk, the arrow passed over and hit the tre ahead.

Immediatly, Fabius galloped his horse some metres ahead making rounds and passing behind trees to repeal a potentially new attack. While he was doing that, his eyes were always scanning the area from where the arrow had come from. It did not take long until he saw a gracious young girl coming from inside some bushes. she had hardly came out of adolescence into adulthood.

Fabius had neither any idea who the girl were, nor why she was attacking him. Anyway, she came running towards him on foot, holding her long sword above her head. He knew she could not hold such a disproportional weapon and use it with full efficiency - her body was not strong enoough. A common error of those who lack proper training - not choosing the adequate weapon.

As Fabius was riding a large dark stallion and there was no one else besides the girl in the area, he decided not to give her battle so easily and began to ride around her, in order to make her tired. He seriously and friendly shouted at her: "Why dont you lower this weapon and tell me why you have done that, mylady?"

Leila cursed then the arrow did not not hit him. She saw him gallop ahead with his horse before he came back around and began to circle around her. She glared watching him with her eyes.

She heart his shout and she said "Why don't you get off your horse and fight, like the man your supposed to be" she said her sharp tongue snapping back. "Or are you just a coward?" she asked him, glaring at him.

She looked at him and when he did nothing she said "I'll just get you off myself" she said, slashing her sword to cut the buckle of the saddle, she may have gotten his horse a little, but it wasn't like she cared.

Leila frowned at him and wondered what he would do next, not that there was much choice now, he would be on the wrong side of the horse now, on account of the saddle spinning around.

Provoking would not work with Fabius. He had fought many battles in the Roman ranks and knew that a brave man is normally a dead man - this did not mean he had to be a disonnoured man, but it was necesssary to be smart. He rode closer to the girl and then galloped towards her. She lowered his large sword to hit him but she missed the target as Fabius dodged her attack. It was what he wanted - he swiftly turned his horse and kicked her from behind while she was still trying to raise the sword again. The force of his kick threw her to the ground violently.

Then, he noticed she had cut the bucket of his saddle. "Stupid bastard", he thought without showing any anger. It began to fall to the ground when the girl was still recovering and beginning to stand up. Without hesitating, he jumped from his horse onto her, first straddling her (he didnt know why but he didnt want to hurt the girl) and then stepping with his left leg on her back very strongly. Fabius was very agil in spite of his massive size.

As he finished, the girl's face hit the ground again. His leg muscles were very strong, reflecting the force of his physical appearance. She was definitively out of combat, probably feeling some pain.

Fabius lowered his head and said in a low, friendly tune: "Sorry for that, but I accepted your proprosal, mylady. Now, could you tell me why you have done that? Who has sent you, young lady?"

Leila groaned as he kicked her from behind and she was sent flying into the ground. She closed her eyes when she connected with the ground. She began to pulled her self up to her feet only to have him him land on top of her, before stepping on her back

She groaned as her face was once more against the ground. She was feeling pain but she ignored it. "No one sent me" she said angrilly and began to push up against his foot, trying to get up. He was much stronger than her.

"Get off me you bastard" she said angrilly, trying harder to get him off her.

Fabius kneeled his right leg, landing his knee on the upper part of her back while his other foot landed on her right upper arm - he didnt put too much strength on her arm not to harm the fragile looking girl. Only her left arm was moving along her body, completely useless for any leverage move. Her free legs were making efforts but her position made any attempt useless.

Other people, mainly girls, under Fabius would panick. Regardless of the fact he was a cold-hearted killer, even if the person was not aware of this dark side, other adversaries would begin to shout, use all their strenght, begin to cry and finally give up after no more than one minute. He had already seen that before - no matter how strong or powerful the opponent was. all of them would curb to his confident voice and strength and maybe beg for their lives.

That girl was different. She seemed too determined. She continued to fight and use her feeble strenght against his clear superiority. Of course, she was dressed in a warrior outift, quite sexy indeed, but he had seen many like her giving up. Few are ready for meeting Hades. Such a reluctance drew his attention to her even more.

Fabius leaned his head forwards and with his right hand, he grabbed a strand of the soft, long hair and pulled it backwards effortlessly, raising her chin from the ground.

"So, before I get off you, I would like to continuve this conversation", he said this trying not to be ironic and looking around for some rope. "If no one sent you after me, I have two more questions: why did you try to kill me with your elbow and how did you find me?"

Leila was no math for his strength, as she struggled to get up, he would just push down hard. She furrowed her brow, doing her best to get him of her.

She felt him pull back on her hair and she groaned when he did that. She glared up at him and said "You killed my brother, I'm here for revenge...Finding you was easy, you should be more careful" she spat at him with a hatred.

She glared at him and said "Are you satisfied now?" she asked snappily. A left hand moved down to one of her daggers. She grabbed and tried to take a swing at his leg.

Back
Top Bottom