Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Help with DND Items!!!! Infininty Stones of Magic!

minot18

Super-Earth
So basically I'm trying to create the infinity stones of dnd lore. They will be based on the 8 classes of magic. Not sure if they are raw stones or magical items. I'm thinking no matter what that necromancy will be a lich's phylactery. If you have any ideas please shoot them my way. I'm looking for abilities, attune requirements, and possible locations.

A lich's phylactery is a little short sighted in my opinion, but reguardless what are you trying to use them for? Is it to improve the game or leave a new challenge for the players?

Tie into the story as the main quest line. By gathering the shards of magical origin they can than craft a weapon that can kill a god.

I would make them intelligent items, and have them give a different effect for whichever character first picks them up so they are always useful. With the attunement of the item passing some kind of skill check by that character. (Maybe not even tell the character that is what they have to do so they have to work with the item.)

Locations could be a fun one like for the Transmutation School maybe at the bottom of a lake. Not only can water battles be super challenging the players will have to figure out how to be under long enough to find the item with some spells/items helping greatly. Allow the characters to come up with many solutions for a potentially deadly challenge.

As for effects it depends on what version of DnD are you playing?

I had a friend who did something like this, how he did it was that he had each of the spells attuned to have the abilty to cast really powerfull spells that would other wise be game breaking or just really really good that fit with each stone. like time stop for the time stone, stuff like that. now i'm not sure if thats exactly what your looking for, and i'll say this again this was my friends game and from what he told me, it bassicly didn't end too well since apprantly a blob of acidic ooze ate one of the gems, but still.

Depends, really. If the only use they are to have is to be used in the crafting of the weapons, then really you can use anything that fits?

If they are to have a use outside of that, attunement for powerful spells, like luckybunny suggested, sounds like a good idea, but admittedly I don't know if you'll find 9th level spells for every school of magic. Might have to drop down to eight.

Back
Top Bottom