Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Magic tcg.

Chaos

Supernova
So it's been real hard to find RPs to enjoy, either 1x1 or tabletop groups, but the one old love that I've embraced now more than ever is Magic.
With help I made my burn deck effective and finally built a Red Green deck, a wall deck, an artifact and a knight deck, decks I always wanted to build one day, as wellas other new ideas.

What are your favorite themes in MtG?

My favorite theme will always be mill, there is something completely sinister about slowly ripping away a persons mind leaving them as husks of the person they once were.

How fitting then that almost all mill decks are blue and black, with those being the most efficient colors. The death of a mind is a truly sad thing.

And i mean have you ever played against a mill deck it makes you want to rip out your eyes.

Good old MTG, admittedly I only ever played it in digital form, but there I played a lot.

- in Zendicar block/inistrad I had a fun red/green landfall deck. There was a legendary elf that allowed you to play 2 lands/turn, an equipment to return lands back to your hand, enchantments with landfall events, creatures that got bigger with every land, etc. It was slow, but very satisfying. Efficient small aggro creatures just aren't fun for me. An dlet's not forget the green insistrad human that got you a clues and grew bigger every landfall

- Superfriends! It was degenerate and not that good, but it was a lot of fun, and that's what it's about in the end anyway. In Magic Duels I had every planeswalker, so I made a 5 color deck, like a 3rd or 34th of it was just planeswalkers, the rest protection, cheap ramp/color fixing and oath enchantments. Once you get rolling you just tick out of control, but usually you die before you can do much

- constrictor +1/+1 counters. Very fun, and as I later learned even a big meta concept. It revolves around a cute 2 drop green/black 2/3 snake that added to every +1/+1 counter you place one more. The deck builds itself and it's just so satisfying seeing your snake's minions grow

Fuck Mill.
I love red. Burning is great.

What I really can't stand is control decks. So basically you want to play magic by yourself while your opponent basically just watchs you? I can't believe people find that fun.

I finally got into the idea of building a pauper deck, and I've built two hug decks now for 3+ players.
I'm constantly retweaking my red green beast deck that barely has any red in it.

I have a lot of other decks too, like my classic burn and my wall deck. I finally built a dragon deck and I have a neat knight deck too.
My artifact deck is pretty awesome too if I get my ramp going right.

I’m sure this is an unpopular opinion, but my favorite style is control/prison. I often tell my friends “well if it’s a zero sum game, and you’re not having any fun, that must mean I’m having all the fun”.
I’ve been on a kick with Pauper Tron recently, which locks people out with the combo of Mneumonic Wall + Ghostly Flicker + 3rd piece. That third piece can be Stonehorn Dignitary to skip their combat, Dinrova Horror to bounce their permanents, or another Wall to recur counterspells. I know, I’m a terrible person.

Back
Top Bottom