Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Whole New World (for Apra & Bob's Your Uncle)

"...a diamond in the rough."

Those words echoed in Jafar's mind as he watched Aladdin descend into the Cave of Wonders. Finally, he thought to himself, the lamp was almost in his reach.

Both Abu and Aladdin had been instructed to take nothing from the cave except the lamp. Aladdin was going to follow those instructions to the letter.

Abu...not so much.

Aladdin's descent was interrupted when Abu saw something especially sparkly and shiny and grabbed it. The disguised Jafar shouted out in disappointment as Aladdin disappeared in a swirl of colors. Before the Cave disappeared beneath the sands, it pronounced "When the diamond returns from the land of ice, the second lamp will be found." And with that, the cave disappeared.

----------------------------------

Far, far to the north of Agrabah, the Kingdom of Arandelle was enjoying summer. Queen Elsa and Crown Princess Anna had worked hard to bring prosperity to their kingdom had succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. The royal pair had retired to a private beach and were enjoying playing in the sun and surf and just taking a break from being rulers when a swirl of colors suddenly appeared in front of them.

Queen Elsa immediately stepped in front of her sister, her hands raised, summoning her powers.

"Just stay behind me," Elsa told her sister, as the two waited to see what would happen.

Aladdin was just a hairs breadth away from handing over the lamp to Jafar when the rock beneath his fingers crumbled. He had a choice to make as he fell: the lamp which seemed important or his best friend. He dropped the lamp and grabbed Abu, holding him tightly as the two fell backwards into the swirl of colours. The light was blinding and the pair of them closed their eyes, glad to be in each others arms if they were going to die.

A moment later and Aladdin hit the ground hard. He bounced his head off soft sand and let out a grunt as the air was knocked out of him. Slowly, he opened his eyes and blinked for a moment. The first thing he noticed was that it was cold. It looked like it was summer but he was freezing! After growing up in the constant heat of the desert, anywhere would be cold to him. He climbed to his feet, not noticing the two girls in bikinis behind him and dusted the sand off his pants.

“Where are we Abu?” He asked and felt the monkey tugging on his pants. “Hey! Knock it off!” Aladdin turned around to see where Abu was pointing and then he noticed the women. “Oh!” He said and jumped a little. “Who are you? Where am I?”

The two scantily clad sisters stood poised to strike, when suddenly a man appeared where the swirl of colors had been.

A man and...a monkey?

The man didn't look like anyone either Anna or Elsa had ever seen. For one thing, his skin was a light olive color. His hair was black. Not brown Black. And the attire he was wearing...

And then he said something in a musical language. It sounded like...well, neither sister was sure what it sounded like, but it didn't sound like any language either one of them had ever heard before.

Elsa was about to blast him with ice anyway, on the "better safe than sorry" policy, but Anna grabbed her shoulder.

"Ikkah gajor dat, Elsa. Se!" Anna pointed at Abu. "Dat ur un ape. Jehg ar bair sit dim e booker."

Anna ran back to a picnic basket and came back with a bowl of blueberries.

Kneeling down, Anna extended a hand holding some blueberries toward Abu. "Vill doo hah no-in bair, ape?"

Aladdin and Abu looked at eachother and then at the two obviously crazy women. Why were they wearing so little clothing in this weather? And what were they saying? Abu looked at the basket of blueberries and shot forwards before grabbing a handful and stuffing an insane amount of the fruit into his mouth. He then threw some at Aladdin who caught them and ate them ravenously. He had never had fruit like this but it was amazing! Aladdin groaned in pleasure and then looked back at the women. “My name is Aladdin!” He said in a slow voice. “This is Abu!”

Aladdin didn’t know if the girls were missing a few marbles or they were like some of the merchants that rarely came to the bazaar. Was he in a different world? He had never seen a map of anything other than Agrabah so that was all he knew of the planet.

The two girls laughed at the sight of the monkey when he stuffed the blueberries into his mouth, his cheeks puffing out. They momentarily forgot they were facing intruders on the private royal summer beach, but instead focused on trying to understand what the intruders were saying.

When the man pointed at himself, and then the monkey, the women nodded.

The blonde pointed at the man and repeated "Iamaladdin," then at the monkey and said, "Thisisabu." She then pointed at herself and said "Elsa." Next she pointed at the other woman and said, "Anna." Anna waved at the monkey, and offered him more blueberries.

Elsa then looked at Aladdin and asked, "Sah hava gajor dew hair, Iamaladdin? Ug havordin kohm dew it?"

“No no no!” Aladdin said and waved his hands. “Aladdin,” he gestured to himself. “Abu.” He pointed at Abu Who had scampered over to Anna and was climbing over her. He seemed to like that girl. “Hair?” That was the only word he had managed to pick out. Both of the girls had a pretty laugh and pretty faces. “This is my hair,” Aladdin said and pointed to his black locks. “This is yours,” he stepped forwards and pointed at Elsa’s platinum hair.

Elsa and Anna exchanged a quiet whisper and nodded. Anna pointed at the monkey on her shoulder and said "Abu." She took the monkey over to the picnic basket and dug out apples and blueberries and strawberries to feed Abu, laughing at his antics. Elsa smiled at her sister and pointed at the man. "Nononoaladdin." When he pointed at his hair and said, "Hair," she gave him a confused look. When he pointed at her own braids, she suddenly understood. "Ar," she said, pointing to her own braid. "Ar."

Aladdin held his palm against his face and shook his head. “Aladdin,” he gestured to himself again. Could these girls be from a different world? Abu seemed to like them although he liked anyone that fed him. Right now, he was sat in Anna’s lap eating an apple. Aladdin’s mouth was almost watering. He had seen apples plenty of times but they were still quite a rare commodity. “Hair...” He said to Elsa and pointed to his black hair. “Where am I?” He asked. “Here? Where is here?”

Elsa pointed to her hair and said, "Hair. Ar. Hair. Ar." Well, she at least knew how to say hair in this Aladdin's native language.

Elsa suddenly realized she was nearly naked in front of a strange man.

"Anna," she told her sister, "Vee birda noch clay osh."

Anna looked down at herself, blushed, and hurriedly grabbed two wraps, throwing one at Elsa before covering herself in the other.

Once Elsa covered herself up, she looked at Aladdin. "Sah haven er dew, Aladdin?" she asked, clearly puzzled. "Og havar com dew frah?"

Aladdin looked at Abu Who was still eating fruit and looking at Anna as though he had two beating hearts for eyes. He was head over heels for her. When Elsa started to talk to him, Aladdin frowned and shook his head. “I don’t understand?” He said. “Arabic...” He said, pointing to his mouth. “I speak Arabic... do you know someone that speaks Arabic?” He asked. Aladdin tried to make gestures that showed that Arabic was his language but he couldn’t think of what to do.

Abu climbed up onto Anna’s shoulder and started to feed her pieces of fruit so fast that she wouldn’t be able to swallow before he gave her another piece. Both he and Aladdin were used to scoffing what little food down as quickly as they could and Abu was scared that all of this food would somehow disappear.

Anna had to bat Abu away from trying to feed her, but she did so with a giggle.

"Dat ur great, Abu, dat ur my a spice," she said, laughing as she patted his head.

Elsa was studying Aladdin as he talked, clearly not understanding what he was saying, when a light of realization entered her eyes. She turned to Anna and said one word.

"Trolls!"

Anna looked confused for a moment, then the light of realization entered her eyes as she nodded in agreement. "Trolls!"

The two exchanged a quick whispered conversation before turning their attention back to Aladdin.

"Gee us at oyoblink fur ah clay us, Aladdin, sah tahr vy dig mid pah trolls.." Elsa said excitedly. "Da veal vight hava da skole gajore!" She motioned for Aladdin and Abu to remain where they were while the two sisters headed toward a small tent nearby.

"Ug spice ult dew vile, Abu," Anna added, motioning toward the open picnic basket. "Bear icky kuhvel!" she added with a laugh. With that, the two sisters headed toward the tent, disappearing inside.

Aladdin and Abu cocked their head when the both shouted ‘Trolls’. “What are trolls?” Aladdin asked Abu. When the girls headed into the tent, Aladdin had been looking at Abu and their surroundings so he didn’t see them gesture for him to stay where he was. Abu went over to the fruit and Aladdin started to walk towards the tent.

“So uh,” he froze when he stood in the tent. He had a feeling he shouldn’t be here.

The sisters had been chatting about this stranger in their midst, not paying attention to the entrance of their changing pavillion. Both had removed the tops of their bathing suits, in preparation to changing back into their traveling clothes, when Aladdin walked into the entrance of the tent. The girls froze, wearing nothing but their bikini panties.

Aladdin saying, "So, uh," was enough to spur Elsa to action. A blast of magic came forth from her hands, encapsulating Aladdin from his neck down in a cube of ice.

Elsa turned the cube so Aladdin was facing away from the two nearly nude sisters.

"Ervers!" Elsa said angrily. "Jag fritter deg nahr vye blur ahndrey."

Anna, who was a bright red at being exposed like she had been, started giggling. Elsa looked at her sister sternly, then started laughing too. The two continued laughing and talking as they changed into a traveling blouse, skirt, boots and other appropriate clothing while Aladdin faced safely away.

Aladdin had the best scene of his life before his eyes. For two seconds. Then Elsa shot him with something that he had never seen before. It looked clear like water but he couldn’t move. He looked down at himself and saw that he was encased in clear ice. “I’m sorry!” He said with a blush on his cheeks. He honestly hadn’t meant to walk in on them naked. He didn’t have time to look at Elsa’s expression but he heard the two of them laughing so he hoped they had forgiven him. “Elsa? Anna? I’m sorry,” he said and watched as Abu slowly lifted the flap. He saw Aladdin in ice and then monkey leaped up next to his head. He looked at Anna and pointed to the ice. He tugged on it and started to bite it. He’d never seen it before.

Anna was buttoning up her blouse when Abu came in. He was clearly upset by the situation, chattering away. Anna finished dressing and said in a cheerful voice, "Ikky bikmore, Abu, Anvil vor adu." She found a little box of caramels in the tent and offered one to Abu to appease the little monkey.

Elsa was now dressed in similar traveling clothes as Anna, with a colorfully embroidered white blouse and dark, full length skirt. But with her braids coiled on her head like a crown, she looked as regal as the Queen she was.

Elsa stepped in front of Aladdin and shook her head, clucking her tongue,."Ervers," she said dismissively. "Vet dew hava vye gajor med ervers?" A mallet and pick made of ice appeared, floating in the air, and began chipping away at the ice that Aladdin was encased in. The hammer and pick seemed especially focused at chipping away the ice around Aladdin's midsection, with perhaps a little more enthusiasm than care.

Abu was clearly happy with the caramel that Anna offered him. He put one in his mouth and then another and then another. He climbed over to Anna and cuddled into her neck. He was smitten. Aladdin looked at Elsa, wondering what she was saying. Then, a huge hammer made of some sort of crystal appeared infront of him and started to bash away at the ice. He flinched and closed his eyes as it got closer and closer to his midsection without it taking any car. He sucked in his stomach to try and get as far away from it as he could.

Once the ice had been chipped away, he dropped to his knees and breathed in and out. He was shivering from the temperature and from the fear of being impaled by the pick. “Do you have something warm?” He asked and rubbed his arms. He wasn’t dressed for this climate.

Even though she didn't understand a word he was saying, Elsa could see that Aladdin was cold. Being magically encased in ice would do that to you, even in the middle of an Arandelle summer. Feeling sympathetic, Elsa got a rough towel and a blanket for Aladdin.

"Vie four later tell tet ug fahr no an slotted till ah tah nod senare," Elsa told her sister. Anna scratched the friendly Abu and nodded. Motioning for Aladdin to follow them, Elsa and Anna led Aladdin to what looked like a miniature Viking longboat, big enough for three or four people, pulled up on the beach. Elsa and Anna climbed into the boat and started getting it ready to sail.

Aladdin pulled the towel around his body tightly and looked up at Elsa. “Thank you,” He said with a small smile and then followed Elsa when she motioned for him. He climbed on board the strange looking boat and shuddered a little as it rocked. He clung to the side for support until his knuckles were white. He couldn’t swim.

Elsa nodded at Aladdin, not understanding what he was saying, but assuming by his facial expression that it was some sort of gratitude. She then raised her hands above her head. When she did, Anna held on to the boat with one hand, while wrapping the other one around Abu.

A wind suddenly filled the boat's sail, pushing it off the beach into the water. As the boat moved deeper into the water, Anna began pointing to distant mountains and other sites on the shore, telling Abu about all the things they were looking at. She knew for certain Abu didn't understand a word she was saying, but it felt impolite to the little monkey.

Elsa remained silent, however, as the moved back and took the till of the boat. There was a little smile on her face, though, as she guided the boat through the waters.

Aladdin leaned over the side of the boat and started to vomit violently. He didn’t like being on the water. He was terrified that he would fall in and the motion of the boat was making him feel dizzy and queasy. Abu had also turned a shade of pale green but he managed to not vomit. He cuddled into Anna’s chest and listened to her strange language as she pointed out various mountains and trees.

Once Aladdin had stopped vomiting, he could look around. This country was very beautiful. He’d never seen so much green in one place. The mountains made him feel tiny but in a good way. If it wasn’t for the weather, and the princess that he loved back home, maybe he would have stayed here.

There might have been an eye roll from Elsa on how seasick Aladdin was getting. They were in the calmest of waters, on a calm summer day, and the wind she had conjured was almost a gentle zephyr. Nevertheless, she did try to keep things as calm as possible.

As for Anna, she saw her new friend was a little ill, and gave him a small bottle with just a swallow of liquid in it, only enough for Abu. "Dat row vie morgan," she told the monkey. She pantomimed a frown, patted her stomach, pretended to swallow the liquid, and then smiled brightly.

Eventually the boat beached itself near a large field, empty save for large rocks scattered all about.

"Vie ur hair, Abu," Anna told the monkey excitedly, "Dat ur hair trolls bor!"

Abu took the bottle and drank it and he felt better. He smiled and hugged Anna before climbing onto her shoulder and looking out at the scenery. Once the boat had stopped, Aladdin climbed off as quickly as he could. He felt better now that he had sand beneath his feet. He heard Anna talking about trolls and hair again and he wondered what she was actually saying. He walked over to Elsa and gently touched her elbow. “What are we doing?” He asked. “Do you know a way I can get home?”

Elsa stepped away from Aladdin, momentarily startled by his touching her. She shook her head, indicating she still didn't know what he was saying. She then said something to the air.

All of the sudden, the moss covered rocks started rolling around and turned into

TROLLS!

And not just trolls. Rolling singing trolls. Trolls that sang and rolled and danced.

Elsa's and Anna's names came up in the lyrics quite a bit. The trolls also took a liking to Abu, tossing him about as the changed from troll to rock to troll rock and then back again and again;

When the trolls finished singing, they circled around Aladdin, and queries were passed back and forth between trolls and sisters.

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance," an elderly troll said as he approached the humans and monkey. "I am Pebbie. And you are?"

Aladdin had to dance out of the way of the rolling trolls. He tried to get to Abu to keep him safe but he couldn’t reach him before they tossed him away. Aladdin glared at Anna and Elsa, wondering who these people were. He jumped when an ancient looking ‘rock’ walked over to him and began to speak in his language.

“I can understand you!” He said and grabbed Abu as he came close. “Who are you? Where am I?” Aladdin was scared now. He was surrounded by strange talking rocks and a woman that had magical ice powers.

"As I said, I am Pebbie, though I am referred to as the Grand Pebbie on occasion," the troll replied. "You are in the kingdom of Arendelle. From your accent, I surmise you are from the Kingdom of Agrabah. Sorry, the Sultanate? The Sultanate. I have seen more than a thousand years, so some details are off. But if I remember correctly, it is more than a thousand leagues from there to here. My question for you, young man, is how you have gotten from there to here. From your attire, I suspect it wasn't by normal travel."

Back
Top Bottom