Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What indie/non-AAA games are you really enjoying lately?

Ivory11

Star
So, i've been binge-playing a mixture of mount & blade bannerlord, Rimworld, prison Architect, Kenshi and this real gem of a game Star Sector, and I was wondering, what little known indie games have you guys been playing and enjoying lately?

Does Dead by Daylight count? Because definitely that. Also been playing alot of Lethal League Blaze on Switch (think of it like Pong meets Dodgeball meets Smash Bros)

We should hype more indie games around here.

Recently I played Iconoclasts and DUSK, and both of those games are now firmly on my GOATs list. DUSK not only brought back the strain of FPS we haven't seen since the original DOOMs/Quake, but it fucking nailed the landing. Seriously, if you like FPSs you owe it to yourself to give DUSK a shot. Even if you aren't too familiar with the old-school games it's calling back to, the music and the guns and the level design is just all on another level beyond its competition rn.

Iconoclasts is on completely the different end of the spectrum; it's a action/puzzle-platformer that hybridizes a lot of the design philosophies between classic Metroid games and Zelda dungeons. There's like twenty boss fights in the game, which puts a really interesting spin on the pacing (especially since the boss fights go all over the place in turns of design). It's also got one of the best stories I've ever seen, absolutely incredible. It touches on themes from family, religion, how societies function, skepticism, all over the place. It's one of those rare stories that will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think and it's all brilliant.

I wish I could get more into Lethal League since I had a solid time with the first on a sale (plus it's just cool as shit) but my reaction times just aren't up to snuff enough for me to justify it.

Back
Top Bottom