Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Order: A Monster Hunting System RP

Archmagos Issac

Sir Ser Issac of Clarke of Chad the II
So, I'm just gonna get right into it. I've been working on a system RP that is set in the year 1936, post WW1 and pre WW2 that follows a group of monster hunters that have been hired by a fabulously wealthy adventurer to travel the world and contest with monsters ranging from the standard vampires and werewolves, to creatures like the Wendigo of Canada and the infamous Koschei the Immortal (a character of Russian Folklore); that have not only been appearing in the world but have appearing with such frequency as to cause alarm. The idea was to make an RP that has the elements of D&D and XCOM. Characters will have the choice to either move twice, move then attack, or attack and end their individual turn, that is of course unless they have certain perks that allow them to other things as well. I've been devising all sorts of perks, spells, weapons, equipment. I want people to feel like their character actually contributes something to the team but also make people question whether or not that particular character is suited for that particular hunt. After all, if your character is a werewolf hunter and they're on a hunt to kill a wendigo, could you honestly say they'd be right at home? I've got a lot written down at the moment to be perfectly honest and I am short on time to put it all down so if ANYONE is remotely interested in this, please don't hesitate to message me in the PMs or leave a comment below

I'm going back and forth between two character ideas so I'll just throw them out here and see which one you guys like more.

1. A Japanese woman who specializes in attacking and thus perks would be offensive perks. Will have semi-autos and SMGs.

2. A man who will act as the party medic. Will use rifles.

How do we determine the ability scores like STR, DEX etc?

Ah okay. So do I set it to not calculate racial bonuses? Like the human DnD race gives a +1 to all abilities. Do I take that or no?

Okay. One last thing though. If our first character dies, does our second character start at "level 1" or do their number of perks or abilities match the previous character?

I'm going back and forth between two character ideas so I'll just throw them out here and see which one you guys like more.

1. A Japanese woman who specializes in attacking and thus perks would be offensive perks. Will have semi-autos and SMGs.

2. A man who will act as the party medic. Will use rifles.

How do we determine the ability scores like STR, DEX etc?

I don't want to tell anyone how to build their characters obviously but I'll say that having at least one medic on the team would be rather helpful I'm sure.

Hey @Ser Issac of Clarke, Does the spell Ethereal Sword combo with the Brawler perk? I don't think it would combine with the Sharpening Stone item considering you aren't actually using the stone on a magically summoned blade but the wording doesn't technically say anything to that effect so I wanted clarification just for certain on that as well.

Making a Ninja as a backup character and trying to go melee focused which is harder than I first thought when melee only does 1d6+Str.

EDIT - While I'm at it, would the Perks Lightning Strike and Run Like Hell combo as well? Allowing a character to move three times and then make an attack?

• Brawler applies to any melee weapon, swords included. It doesn't matter if the weapon is real or not so long as you have to use melee.
  • Sharpening Stone has basically already been applied to the Ethereal Sword so the bleeding effect would remain the same but damage would be doubled
  • Lightning Strike and Run Like Hell will combine
I'm gonna be a little busy today but the hope is I can review all the profiles I got and finish applying the spells to the spell page

Back
Top Bottom