Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How Long Does it Take you to Write a Post?

I don't what could be construed as a 'typical' post....too many variables are always in play. If I feel like shit because of a cold for instance, I'll be lucky if I can squeak out ANY response, leave alone a lengthly one.
If I feel great or at the very least, creative, I can post half a page

Twenty to thirty minutes, most of the time. Unless I start obsessing on some trivial detail, like toxic European flowers or m-brane theory. Then it can go two or more hours.

Mileage will vary. Sometimes I can get inspired and write something nice and quick. Other times, I get distracted by something shiny, or just am really not sure about how to respond in some cases.

*shrug*

I'm new to this platform but on others, I'm found about a 1hr a day to keep up. I think little and often is better

When I get to the actual writing, it takes me half an hour to two hours to type, edit, reread, and send. Otherwise, it hinges on what my reply load is, and what work has done to me that week.

Thanks everyone for continuing to chime in here, its so fun reading everyone's responses! Im jealous of you faster writers, give me your powers. :ROFLMAO:

On my phone it takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to write 5-10 paragraphs, but I'm very slow on my phone. On my PC it takes me 3-5 minutes depending on whether or not I thought of a response before writing it out. What I spend most of my time doing though is playing speed typing games online.

For my own pasts I usually spend between five minutes and five hours, depending on the length and general quality level of the RP in question. When the story is in full swing and I have a clear view as to the next step in our RP it takes me less time than if I'm struggling to figure out where to take the story or how to react to a certain action or event. In terms of word count it varies between 75 and 250 on average.

Like a lot of people have been saying here, it varies a lot on who i’m writing with and what’s going on. If there’s a really in-depth scene unfolding with three or four characters involved, that’ll take sometimes upwards of half an hour of just typing. Ideas tend to come to me quick so I don’t usually spend longer than a minute or two figuring out how I want to proceed.

For shorter rps i’m done in like 5 minutes sometimes lol

On my phone it takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to write 5-10 paragraphs, but I'm very slow on my phone. On my PC it takes me 3-5 minutes depending on whether or not I thought of a response before writing it out. What I spend most of my time doing though is playing speed typing games online.

You must be a speed typist! Lol

If it's an introduction post, it stretches out over 2-3 days because I write insanely long ones and obsess over the details; after that, my typical 3-5 paragraph post can be anywhere from five to twenty minutes.

Overall time for about 4-5 paragraphs about 45 minutes to a hour. My problem always lies with being easily distracted. One moment I can be writing smoothly and quickly. Then poof i'm on youtube or talking with friends for a few hours. That's why I usually write late night cause I got all the youtube videos watched, all my emails checked, and my friends are asleep.

Some days it takes me 10mins per reply and other days it may take me an hour or 2, and it it's starters or more than 5+ paragraphs then at least a day to a week, just really depends on the length of my roleplay partner's reply and if I'm free from all real life distractions!

Motivation, the roleplay and what I have to work with vastly influence thing. I prefer to give myself 1-2 days on regular times to motivate up to that point and get done all the other things I want done in order to put myself in the right mindset and then drop out of it before I blow out my energy, since I typically have multiple partners to run through.

Actual writing/typing time...? 30-45 minutes for a typical post, up to 60 minutes for an intro post or scene-changer.

Time taken to get to the point of writing...? That depends on how much I have to work with, and how long it takes me to figure out how to respond. I don't obsess over detail but I do enjoy them (they add flavour to the scene, IMO), and I do sometimes kick myself for not including something when I go back and read over it after posting.

I typically keep my Play List short as my free time for writing is already limited, and I don't want to feel that I'm stretching and rushing.

Usually, 45mins-1hr30min to write.

I like to take time to craft a reply and make sure it's good.

With my average paragraph being around 165-200 words and the rate at which I type on keyboard, it usually takes me 5-6 minutes to get 6-8 paragraphs out. I do a lot of speed typing though, so I'm naturally faster than pretty much every other role-player. Speed typing against multiple other people online is one of my ways for passing time when waiting for something.

(lol)....ask some of my writing partners, and they'll probably say too damn long....
But seriously, it depends on a variety of factors...if I have too much idle time on my hands (which isin't too often); if the last post from a partner gets me so excited I can hardly wait to respond---in which case I can belt out a post in 10 minutes----
But then again, if my wife/Mistress/owner has certain......uh, 'plans' for me, it might be a couple days

Usually I can do about 10 - 20 minutes for a few paragraphs, with some editing. Usually I just read the last response, get into character and let my fingers do the work.
If I have a hard time getting some detail right, or just can't get into character, it could take longer. Once I have an idea on what I want to right, its fairly straight-forward.

It varies greatly depending on whether I'm done system or freeform, whether I'm GM or player in the case of the former, and how long the average responses are in the story.

Generally speaking I tend towards longer posts over shorter responses, and when you factor in the time it takes to edit, it can be from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.

Of course, since I'm a new member this is going off of other RP sites I've joined.

Back
Top Bottom