Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeon of Love? (A monster girl harem/fantasy adventure roleplay! Not your typical monster girl story.)

Sunset Drifter

Super-Earth
Plot

A small group enter the dungeon to slay the Dungeon Lord. Upon reaching his chambers the party is laid waste, except for a swordsman for hire. He only survives because he's plunged off a platform into the dark abyss of the dungeon, just before the Lord unleashes his final spell. During his youth the Dungeon Lord collected and used seven monster girls to help him claim and create his dungeon. Instead of helping them grow and evolve in power, he tossed them aside for better minions, leaving them in the bowels of his dungeon. They team up with the swordsman to escape the dungeon for their own personal goals.

The original story had more details but that's pretty much it. My character (the swordsman) is trapped in a dungeon and must ascend through the levels to find a way out of the place. This rp would be another where sex isn't the main focus. There could be like monster girl evolution tiers and such as well throughout the roleplay. Each of the girls has their own personal goals and they feel the MC can help them with it.

Sorry I'm not wording a lot of this right, but it would be an adventure harem themed rp mixed with monster girls, love, and whatever else we could think of. :)

A little about this: To me monster girls are a fantasy race. I have read some of the entries of the MGE, and know that it's mostly about sex. This roleplay is a bit of a twist and not focusing on the concept of the MGE rather seeing monster girls as a more intelligent fantasy race. I would figure that over time some of them have evolved and built cities and live normal lives compared to their feral cousins. This roleplay will have it's fan service moments, it will have it romance, but that isn't the focus. I'm going for story over smut. I'm not saying that the MGE is wrong or a bad concept, but this isn't one of those kinds of roleplays.

Last edited:
I think I would be interested in this, though it would likely depend on the posting frequency since my job will keep me very busy for at least another month. My job usually slows down in early to mid September. (When Guardian’s Journey started, we were posting every day, which worked for me at the time, but the only reason I’ve been able to continue it during the summer is because it has slowed down so much. Group rp’s usually start off fast and and gradually slow down, and I wouldn’t want to be the person slowing it down right out of the gate, and I don’t want to get skipped or left behind either.) I wouldn’t be able to post every day, but if there will be at least a few days between posts, I should be able to keep up just fine. If everyone else is okay with that, I’m interested in joining.

I’m also wondering what sorts of monsters you would be expecting, aside from female of course? Would they have to be humanoid, or could they be anthro or animal? Personally, I love to play as an intelligent animal, but not everyone is comfortable with that, and I’m usually happy to be something more humanoid if that’s preferred. (The character I have in mind would be a nekomimi with an alternate animal form.)

Hmmm, to be specific monster girls really. I'm fine with characters that can shape shift and such. My brain was kind of half dead when I was typing this up but pretty much the concept is:

The Dungeon Lord gathered up a group of monster girls to help him build and create a dungeon to terrorize humanity, and build up an army to hopefully take over the world one day. Yet random adventurers kept getting in the way, so the plans for world conquest kind of came to a halt. For a while your characters were stopping the adventurers growing powerful, you know like classing up and stuff, and for a while everything seemed great. Though just before you all could reach your potential the Dungeon Lord replaced the monster girls, drained their powers and status, and sort of locked them away in the bottom of his dungeon to be forgotten.

Shift to a few years later when my character, a sword of free spirited sword for hire, ends up helping a small dungeon party. Yet before my character could use his full strength he was blasted down into a pit that ends up leading into the depths of the dungeon itself. While the other party obviously gets killed. Then after surviving the fall my character kind of accidentally frees the monster girls and they all sort of attach themselves to him hoping that he could at least lead them to freedom once they see how strong he is and such. It's pretty much a big dungeon, going from the bottom up so there will be small towns of friendly monsters and such all tired of being ruled by the Dungeon Lord.

Along the way the monster girls start to gain their powers back, and classes and such. Kind of like being able to evolve into their next tier. It'll have harem shenanigans, a bit of comedy, but I kind of wanted to focus on a lighter side of monster girls that didn't involve just sex. ^^; like they're known for. By monster girls I mean things like Nagas, Ogres, Goblins, Gnomes. Cyclopses, etc. I don't care if they have furry tails or ears, or even have the ability to have a full anthro form. Or change into animals, it's fine.

Hopefully that will clear some things up. ^^; oh and I understand Snowy, I'm busy too. So don't worry about it, as long as you haven't given up I'm fine with rps being slow. It actually is a good way for me to keep up and not feel like I've been forgotten in the posts.

I still like the idea, and while the girl I got in mind will probably still require routine sex due to what she is, there's more to her than just the sex stuff, though I suppose she isn't just stuck with just sex to survive, it could be non-sexual

To sort of make this less confusing, I have a character I really wanna play again that is a hybrid of vampire/succubus, but to live she needs a regular meal of a bodily fluid that she can either ingest through oral or absorb on contact (on the skin or up one of her other holes). For sake of not going too extreme with it, I save it for either drinking blood or just getting cum somewhere (bukkakes, creampies, etc).

She would definitely be more of a supporter character where she helps out by either summoning demons or undead creatures, putting debuffs and charms on enemies, and...well, to make it simplified I'll say this like in game terms, do damage to enemies and then use the damage she dealt to heal or buff herself or her allies. She can be a very versatile character in utility, I think

Thank you Blood Magic, Necromancy, and Infernal/Demonic magic

I was thinking she being just a chest with pocket dimension power. I also think she be able change her form inside of chest from her human form to other things coming out of the chest.

At first I was thinking of something pretty basic, like maybe a large wolf, but then I started thinking about a character I created a few years ago that I never got to play. That character was a bakeneko. (Pronounced bah-kay-neko. It means ‘changing cat’. It was believed that cats would be possessed by demons and gradually change into a human form. The cat would eventually stand on two feet, and the tail would split in two.) I had in mind for her normal form to be a cute humanoid cat-girl with the ability to change into a cat. The cat form would be quicker and more fierce than the humanoid form. In both forms, her behavior would be very cat-like.

One thought I had was to keep her as a bakeneko, in which case she would have originally been a cat that got possessed by demon then changed into the humanoid form. Alternatively, she could simply be a cat-demon who was born with the humanoid form. Another thought I had was that she could be a lesser deity (like Horo from Spice and Wolf). She would have rebelled and decided to follow the dungeon lord for whatever reason.

I’m not sure if that fits what you had in mind or not, but that’s what I was thinking of.

I'd love to join if you had me ^^ i know I spoke to you prevoous sunset about using a dragon girl character, would that still be ok? ^^

I see her being more of a hoarder and the more value a item has the more power she gains. So unless she see little value or it needed at the time, don't let her take the items.

I'm between a few concepts. First, one using the "Goblins, Hobgoblins, Orcs and Ogres are the same race with different upbringing conditions" idea. Have her be one of the former generals of the Dark Lord, one of her top gals, in fact, being a tall, strong, and smart ogre. When she's found she'd be a shrimpy, weak, slightly dim and ditzy goblin, literally stripped of all her gifts and glory. Either that or do the sam progression but from Kobold to Lizardwoman, to Dragon.

The second is her being a golem or some other construct that was consistently upgraded and refined unto a fearsome weapon of war, until she grew sentient and unruly, causing the lord to pull the core out of the built body and casting it to the depths, replacing it with an obedient one.

Ah true, fair. I can go golem then! the idea appeals to me too. I'll figure out the personality then.

@Joyful-Fabo well little dragon's character was going to be a dragon I think. So she kind of beat you to the punch. I like the golem idea, maybe my character finds her old core and replaces it. *shrug* Or the goblin to ogre could be interesting too. :3

Only if that's ok with everyone to be a dragon ^^;

I'm going to go with the story we discussed we previously about a dragon who was tricked by a knight and a sorcerer and forced to becone human (she has wings and a tail but can't fly or breathe fire). She made a deal with the warlord who promised to lift her curse and restore her to the beast she was in return for her help. Yet he used for his needs and tossed her aside with little regards and the curse is still inflicted on her by a silver shackle around her neck. Dragons have a lack of trust towards humans anyway, but now she trusts no one ^^;

Well guess I should give a little background for my monstergirl. She more like hired help being the leaving treasures and setting traps for the heros. She thought the dungeon Lord pay for her work and he did for a time. When he saw no use for her he stolen all of her treasures. This changed her beautiful chest to one that looks cheap. He tied/chained the Mimic's lid shut so that she wouldn't be able to regain her power without someone freeing her.

I’ve spent some time working on my character’s background and more or less have her backstory written. In a nutshell, she began her life as a wild tiger who became domesticated. She was accidently turned into demon and took on a humanoid form, then later lost her human companions and joined the dungeon lord’s forces. She can use magic to return to her original animal form, though when her magic is weak, her animal form will be a kitten. As her magic grows stronger, her animal form will grow into an adult tiger. I see her having typcial rogue skills like dealing with locks and traps.

Given that all of the monster girls were previously minions of the dungeon lord, it stands to reason that all of them would have worked together and known each other. Some of them would probably have friends, and others might have been rivals. Would the characters remember much about each other when the RP starts, or would they have lost those memories? Perhaps the dungeon lord altered their memories?

In spite of how busy I am, I find myself eager for this RP to start, especially with all the creative characters described here. I’m hoping mine can measure up.

Back
Top Bottom