Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trapped Divinity (GuardianAngel x VerboseVillain)

"No attachment to any male, but that isn't to say that there won't be any vengeful deity that comes to look. Out of the gods... I am one of the more innocent and gentle." Iona spoke after a moment in time but she was just pursing her lips had what he was saying. What did he mean by that?

Nemoth was snarling at the human and probably would have lunged at him, but Iona held him back. Just her gentle touch reminded the little dragon why she was there.

The warlock left, careful to seal the room behind him. Once he'd gotten away from her and the little dragon, he sighed, relaxing. It'd taken a lot to put up the tough front for her. It'd taken him so much to find her. The last thing that he needed was to lose her to his own carelessness. Nemoth could prove to be a problem, but likely a problem that needed to be tolerated. Where they were going would be very lonely, to start.

He wouldn't return until the next morning. His crimson robes seemed fresh, with bright silver sigils along the cuff and collar. Magical artifacts sparkled and shone from around his body. An amethyst crystal designed to funnel the magic of the seas. An emerald circlet to pull power from the earth. A ruby ring that burned with the energy of the fire within. And a sapphire ring that channeled the majesty of the heavens. All designed to augment his powers for what they would be doing today.

As he opened the door, Merok was careful to knock. Even if things might get a bit awkward at their destination, he still wanted to give Iona a little bit of respect. She was a goddess, after all, even if her wrath would be plainly evident after the final ritual. Worth it to birth a world, he supposed, but creation always came with destruction.

At some point after the warlock had left, Iona had gotten dressed and had just curled up on the bed with Nemoth, the little dragon just gently licking her cheek to try and comfort her. Although there was no shock that Iona herself actually seemed to be weeping at that point in time. Out of fear for what was going to happen. She had no idea what this man even wanted, which made this whole situation even more terrifying. At some point during the night she found herself moving off of the bed and taking to curling up on the ground, in a nest of flowers that had seemed to appear out of nowhere. This was a small comfort, that minor access to her abilities still. Not enough to be a danger to Merok or even his plans, but enough to keep her from freaking out.

When Merok did knock on the door the next morning, it was the dragon that was greeting the warlock with a chirp. The chirp was an annoyed sound, but it wasn't a pleasant sound at all once. It was something that was rather indifferent. The tiny creature was currently just sitting on the ground in front of where Iona was curled up, seeming to be sleeping peacefully.

Merok frowned at the little dragon, and then cleared his throat. "Goddess...goddess...Iona!" He would wait until she woke up, and then say, "It is time. I recommend against breakfast, but you may take a bath or change if needed. I don't expect us to be back for quite some time."

Iona was just blinking and looking up at him before she wasumbling something under her breath. She was still sitting up and allowing a few of the flowers to coil up around her arm. Safety nets at that point in time. Nemoth was hissing at the man but she was gently holding the creature back, stating he wasn't worth the anger, not yet anyways.

He frowned down at the small dragon. "Ungrateful creature." His eyes were narrowed at Nemoth, but he put on a smile before looking up at Iona.

"Don't worry. We can make any preparations before we leave, so long as you make me aware of them. Do you require breakfast? A change of clothing? While I must limit you in some aspects in order to continue with my plans, I will hardly be offended by the asking. What can I do for you?" His arm flourished, and he bowed slightly. Not enough to lose sight of the dragon, but enough to appear deferential.

"How about you explain what it is you are wanting." Iona spoke before she was kneeling down and picking up Nemoth, just holding the tiny dragon to herself to calm the creature a bit. The little dragon almost seemed to calm instantly when this happened, as if remebering that her mistress was still there.

He frowned at her for a moment. This would be a lot more convenient if she simply obeyed the collar at her throat. But...he sighed. It would be far more difficult to take what he needed, and risky. A goddess's wrath, even an enslaved one, would be problematic.

"So we talked yesterday about the state of magic and magical creatures in this world. How civilized men and their science is rooting out everything that doesn't fit into their view of the world." His face went still with resolution. "Well, I have found a solution. A new world where I can take the wonderous things of this world before they are wiped out."

He waited a moment before continuing. "This world cries out for life, but therein lies the problem. Without existing plant and animal life, anything I take there would die of starvation long before it would have died here. So I have you--" He gestured towards Iona. "--nature goddess capable of generating life wherever you may walk."

What he didn't mention was that he had a ritual to supercharge Iona's powers so that the whole planet would bloom at once, saving hundreds of years of her traveling to reach the entire new world. This ritual would've been easy if she had a male god or human as a suitor already. Their love would have powered the ritual, sending her fertile energy across the planet.

Sadly, without a suitable...suitor, Merok would do his best to fit the role the best that he could. He at least had her attention, but that was the easy part. How did one seduce a goddess? That was the challenge that he dreaded, for the intricasies of the cosmos seemed simple compared to the depths of the female mind.

Sadly, it was his best idea at the moment. "I don't expect you to believe me, which is why I plan to take you there."

Iona just looked towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "If that were the case. Then why would you need to enslave me and hold me hostage? You could have merely stated that you wished to help those magical creatures, and asked for my assistance." With that she was just holding her little dragon close to her at that point in time, just listening to what else the warlock had to say. She was looking towards the little dragon as the creature was making a comment as well, basically agreeing with what Iona had to say.

She was allowing Nemoth to leap out of her arms, and the tiny creature was running off, the young goddess just following after the creature at a slower pace. The tiny dragon was hissing at the warlock briefly and just seemed to stick up her tail at the man, definitely giving him attitude at that point in time. No shock at all there.

The warlock chewed on his lower lip. Everything had been certain up to now. Get the goddess. Show her the dead world. Find some way to power the ritual. But she was skipping steps. Dancing around his plans. They shouldn't be having this conversation until after the trip to the other planet. He hated improvising.

"Well...I...uhh." He shifted slightly on his feet, the first sign of nervousness since they met. His eyes focused on the dragon briefly before going back to the intent goddess. "I didn't really expect you to believe me. I'd be surprised if you really did now. There's a lot that a wizard can do with a goddess, from draining her powers until she's dead--" He preemptively moved one foot out of Nemoth-snapping distance. "--to fertilizing her body to found a new race."

"I do have plans, sure, but..." He closed his mouth suddenly. The ritual would likely make her even more suspicious. Damn it, things needed to happen in the proper time. The proper order. This shrewd goddess kept throwing his plans askew. It also didn't help that his eyes kept going to her lips. Her perfect, full...damn it. Get hold of yourself, Merok. This is far too dangerous to act like some page around a princess. It didn't matter if her walk made parts of the goddess wobble enticingly.

Iona just looked over towards him before she spoke, "You would be amazed what a person would perhaps be willing to help with if you only asked. Enslaved, I feel less motivated to help you." Honestly he could had summoned her and merely mentioned a dead world, and explained what he wished to do. She would have more than likely helped, especially if it was mentioned that it would be a place for the magical creatures. Which was perfectly okay by her. There was only so much that she could do on this plane as it was, to protect them.

Nemoth was looked at her for a moment in time before the young goddess was just looking towards the warlock for a brief moment in time. "I may be one of the more innocent goddesses, but believe me when I say.... I am just as dangerous as all of them. Do not underestimate me. It shall only lead to your ruin." she spoke, although there was a hint of harshness in her voice at that point in time. A bit strange for her to be like that, but could one truly blame her.

The female scratched Nemoth's ears before she was speaking to the tiny dragon in a soft voice, which had the creature giving a small chirp, and soon enough the small creature was darting off.

Something hardened inside of Merok. No. This wasn't according to the plan. He had to get things back on track. "I think that we should be leaving. Now. Get whatever you need and come with me."

As he went to the door, he glanced over his shoulder at Iona. "Don't think about going anywhere. If you get too far from me, the collar will start draining your power out into the aether. Quite painful, and if too long, you could dissipate into nothing. Then where would your magical creatures be?"

He went out, leaving the door open and the barrier down. He didn't slow down for the goddess, and she'd soon lose him in the passages if she didn't step quickly.

Iona just watched him for a moment in time before she spoke, "And if you allowed that to happen, then all of your work was all for naught." But she was following after him regardless, a rather annoyed expression on her lips at that point in time. Man this human was going to rue this when she was finally free.

They went through several back passages, finally coming out into a giant cavern with a small opening at the top. Through it, winking stars could be seen shining. In the middle, a large rusted iron orb sat. One door on the side was open, and inside could be seen three padded seats and large ropes that crossed over them.

"This is my aethervessel." Merok nodded at the orb. "It's designed to protect us from the rigors of travel between worlds. The sigils chiseled into the stone underneath will start the launch. The ones on the skin of the vessel will slow our descent to the next world."

Iona followed after him although once they got into the new cavern she was just padding away from him, walking so that she could see out of the opening out of the top more. The stars were so beautiful that night. After that she was just looking towards Merok for a moment in time as he explained what the strange contraption that was in the cavern was. Honestly she really didn't care much, but she wasn't going to say anything. Hopefully he would continue to get the hint that she was a bit miffed about being enslaved.

Merok was still a bit insecure as he led the goddess down to his craft. Should he let her out of the collar for safety's sake? Would she just run the first chance she got?

No. This was the plan. Take her to the planet. Take the collar off. Even if she ran, it'd be far easier to summon her back if she was on that planet. And she couldn't really hide there.

The wizard led her down to the craft, pointing at a seat. "Sit down, and I'll help you strap in. It's for your own safety. I won't have much time once I activate the runes." He glanced at Nemoth. "Your pet will either need to stay here, or you will have to hold him."

Iona just watched the man for a moment in time before she was following him to the craft, and was settling in one of the seats. Well at least the seats were comfortable and she was just examining the harness for a moment. Nope she didn't need his help at all, it took her a moment to figure it out but in the end she did figure it out. Nemoth was leaping into the ship as well and was actually flicking the warlock "accidentally" with her tail as she flew past him. Hell no she wasn't staying there.

"I don't trust you around my mistress." Nemoth hissed at the warlock although this was something that Iona wasn't able to hear, this was a message for the human and the human alone. After that, the little creature was curling up on her mistress' lap, as though she were a cat. Iona was just gently stroking the dragon, and gazing out the window of the craft.

Merok scowled at the little dragon. The flicks, while not hard enough to break skin, were leaving reddened welts underneath his robes. "Alright. Just stay in place for a moment."

The warlock went around the craft, chanting and tracing the runes around the outside in turn. As he did so, magical power began to funnel into the craft, causing it to shake. The first runes had been binding runes to keep the craft grounded, but it'd be obvious that the vessel wanted to go. Badly.

The rumbling intensified until he got to the last rune. Light from the runes blasted through the chamber, causing sigils sewn into the robes to glow as they protected him from the power radiating into the chamber. He kept his hood up, going by feel more than by sight so that he could shield his eyes from the intense light.

Merok scrambled into the craft, closing the door behind him and twisting a wheel to latch it in place. When he pulled down his hood, the lower half of his face was reddened and black where it had been exposed to the light. He took a swig from a potion hidden in his robe. It would be painful for a while, yet, but the skin would heal.

He got into his seat and latched himself into place. Once he was fully secure, he said, "Hold your pet tight." Then he said a command word in a language forgotten by mortals, but Iona would recognize as "Cut". The magical bonds restraining the craft lashed out as they were severed, scraping out rock at the edge of the cavern. The vessel hurtled at supersonic speed out of the cavern.

As they went, a porthole in the side showed the landscape rapidly descending around them. The air went from a mix of blue and white to indigo, and then to black. Before long, nothing could be seen but the still stars in the distance, while they began to float weightless against the straps.

Back
Top Bottom