Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What was your first RP?

Jacob99

Moon
Why not look back on how we got into RP-ing with other people by taking a trip down memory lane and discussing about our first RP feel free to share as much or as little detail as you wish. =)

Definitely started in World of Warcraft, just playing with friends in my party, it was innocent enough at first. Acting in character a bit, talking in character, slowly graduated toward more intimate things... I think my first erotic scene was with a friend's druid... as a cat, so yeah, the furry is as engrained as the pervert in my RP history.

I think mine was a romantic horror plot? I remember playing a girl who was helping the ghost of a dead serial killer get away with yet more crimes to get revenge on the people who contributed to his death. I had dark interests at 11 years old, and I still have dark interests now at 21. XD

It was just a simple CFNM themed one ages ago. My first one that I would consider "proper" though was a manipulation type RP which was pretty involved and complex. My partner had a habit of writing a dozen or so paragraphs each post which was big news for me back then!

The first, for myself, was a crash-and-burn. I can barely recollect what the RP was, but I am thinking it was some sort of vampire RP. Key things I took from it: read before you write, know your perspective, and mind the others.

Always got to hit the first hurdle before you can jump 'em all.

My very first rp ever was a D&D Pen and Paper that I can't really remember well. That's been... 22 years ago.

My first LARP was - oh God I don't even remember the name. The name of the world we played in was "Eredia" though. Since I wasn't sure I liked larping I booked an NPC ticket. When I arrived at the castle where it took place the Orga Guys asked me if i was ok with playing the tavern maid - or rather...work at the tavern, since the original maid was sick. I got my money for the ticket back, and worked 72 hours straight as a bar girl. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my everything hurt, i was SO tired I couldn't stand, I had not "played" one single minute but I had fallen in love with the hobby from watching. That was 16 years ago!

My first online written text rp happened on goreanchat.org. *grins* I remember that vividly! It was 17 years ago. I had read those trashy John Norman books when I was 14 (cause my dad had allowed me into his bookshelf then, thinking I'd read the Forgotten Realms book. The Drizzt do Urden novels. HA! He was sadly mistaken, i read every single book he had. Including the Gor novels!) and... i had been intrigued. Thinking back now I cannot see WHY i was so fascinated with them. But well. When we got internet I found this gor chat site, and registered immediately. It was set at a tavern. And basically all the rp happening was to play out how you served the Men drinks. I had imaged that a LOT of cybersex would happen. I was disappointed. And so i spend three years as "sura" earning my status from white silk to yellow silk to red silk tavern slave, only to have them change their ranking system, so I was doing the same with some braceletts. wood - silver - pearl - gold or something like that. But from there the path to text based erp was open and I have not regretted a thing ever since!

My very first RP...

I can't remember the character I played too well, since this was back when I was in elementary school. :ROFLMAO: It was some wild and mystical island, uninhabited by humans, and the few people that were formed tribes in territories they had staked out. It wasn't an open forum like Blue Moon, the site already had the setting described and boards for the different areas; it was GeoCities, I think. You'd put up your character on the join board, when they were accepted, you could begin posting and your character could enter the world.

I think my very first lady had black hair and gold eyes, and was tall, she washed up from somewhere, and met another character that had just washed up too. They palled around together, ended up claiming their own piece of land side by side. He was kidnapped once, MC had to save him. There were raids from other tribes, sometimes the site owner would release wolves or a bear that our characters would have to fight. It was a lot of action and adventuring. A few other characters joined in our tribe eventually too. I know my character had two children with the man she first met. It only disbanded when the site owner disappeared and most moved to another place.

That was my introduction to RP and I've been with it since! :heart:

I vividly remember mine! It was a chat room Animorphs RP. People weren't really creating original characters at the time, so most RP was people coming into the room and asking if this-or-that canon was taken, then just playing random scenes. I had wanted to play Cassie but she was taken - in fact, all the females I could think of were taken, so I wound up playing Ax because he was the only canon open.

After that, I created my own OC villain and proceeded to RP her until Animorphs RP on AOL basically died out.

I've got no idea what the theme/story of my first ever RP was. I only know it was AD&D, table-top gaming with a few friends from & at school, 1986.

my first rp as a kid was yu-gi-oh related. Don't recall all the details.

My first sexual rp was a girl who was forced to go to work with her dad because she got caught having sex, she wanted to roleplay about how she would get revenge on her dad by having sex with one of the older co-workers that worked there. That's how I got into age-gap.

I got into RP in the, um, 'very adult' invite-only rooms on Line app. There was open-room RP that would make a sailor blush that everyone quieted down and just watched or you could take it to Private Messaging, if you so chose. I was initially asked to play the part of a boss of a tank manufacturing plant in The Netherlands x a student at the Royal War College. See, she really was attending the RWC and tanks turned her on ("BOOM!!" miss you, Karlijn) and her C ended up on MC's desk. Within the same scene, she eventually got me to play / bring in MC's twin brother and an older female R&D scientist. She eventually graduated and subsequently shipped off to complete her mandatory service, but until then, we video RP'd and did lots of different plots, but that was the one she wanted to keep adding to the most. Before that, I was just writing custom erotic stories for my closest online and irl friends.
Thanks for the memory.
:)

I wanna say Polyvore was where I first started, but I think it was further back during my days on The-N.com (anyone else remember that site? RIP). There used to be this thing, like temporary chatrooms or something where you could gather a group of people to write out whatever basic plot or theme you chose. I did a random high school-based one and it was hot garbage, but it had everything; ghosts, relationship drama, and just drama period despite lasting an hour at most. I was hooked from then on lol.

Oh geez. My first roleplay was on this Harry Potter roleplay site and the plot was done so poorly that it didn't even make any sense. Not to mention most of the characters were complete Mary and Gary Sue's. Thinking about it now makes me cringe lol

Tabletop AD&D back in the day, my female Dwarf warrior lived and fought hard, let's just say. My buddies thought it was weird at first but eventually it was just part of the game.

Oh my god, my first ever rp site was dollwizard, I got banned cause I went into hormonal desire for smut way younger then I should have.

Anyway, I don’t know what the first ever one was, but the biggest early memory was a group rp of a magical school for magical kids called clafins or something. I literally played ookami as a vice principal and a super melodramatic girl that was basically an angelic super weapon but was dark magic, that just wanted to be loved but angels would force her to destroy things, then they tried to destroy her. It was really dumb

Hehe. Seems most of us started at a young age. My first rp was a decade ago, yes. I had 10 years old when I joined a forum focused on Spyro the Dragon. Gosh I really loved those games and I REALLY loved dragons back then (and I still do!).

The roleplay took place in a thread called Dragon World and we had our dragon OC's wandering around a big world with several places to go and even some other fan-made dimensions, most users were around 10-12 so there was mostly family friendly content in our roleplays. As it was on a thread it was a group roleplay with whoever was online. Kinda like a text version of D&D (I personaly called it Dragons and Dragons :p).

My character was a silver dragon, all characters were feral dragons actually. Anyway I don't remember much what we did there. Perhaps just interacting, sparring and even bonding with other dragons. As we all grew up romance began appearing. There was this older user who was 4 years older than me I think. He had the strongest character as he knew how to write stuff, still he was a bit of an arse as he had a reputation for looking for a female and some months later ditch her for another. He even didn't care if the female dragon was taken, he would still seduce her.

As most of us turned 14 said guy became a Roleplay Mod and he decided to change ranks, return us all to level 0 and to leave himself on level 5 (which was now the highest level) exp was a thing now and it was hard as hell to get. You could find it sparring other dragons or going on unfair quests where you would need a level 2 dragon to get certain objects and access certain areas and of course, said "guide" would get most of the benefits of the quest, including most of the exp and the "gems" (new currency) obtained. The thread got ruined and only the most dedicated and patient members would roleplay like that. Still I noticed some users acted pretty lewd and then took things to PM. Yeah I was 14 not dumb. Since then I don't like to do group roleplays and I won't change my mind :p

when i read the title of this thread, the gears in my mind just started spinning at full speed at an attempt to remember. about seven and a half years ago i launched myself into the world of roleplay on some dating sim website called mycandylove. it was a group roleplay, where you made your own original character in the universe of an anime called Deadman Wonderland. at the time i thought it was the best, most fascinating thing ever and ultimately had to be involved. i made some cringey oc and roleplayed to my hearts content with my sixth grade(?) literacy.

Last edited:
Back in the early days of the internet, when it wasn't even on our phones, I literally wandered into the old White Wolf RP chat rooms. My fam was one of the "D&D makes you worship Satan!" types, when I was young. I figured out they were roleplaying in a chat room. I recognized vampire Clan names from the 'Kindred: The Embraced' tv show, and was like . "OMG! They're playing those tv show vampires!"

I jumped right in freeform, and eventually a kind soul pointed me towards the actual system books so I could stop embarrassing myself. A thousand years later, I guess you can't ever really be over an addiction.

Back
Top Bottom