Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fire Emblem

Honestly it was hard to keep track of what the hell was going on. He was still stumbling over the fact that this Lucina wasn't his, that it was the other Robin's daughter. He honestly was trying really hard not to imagine that alternate reality since it would involve sleeping with Chrom, and while he was lucky enough to count Chrom as his closest friend he honestly didn't want to imagine the other man naked. Then there was the fact that he had essentually seen the other Robin's daughter naked on more than one occasion. Getting involved with the others family really seemed like a bad idea.

And yet he was watching Lucina suffer, something that did not sit well with him. As she grabbed the spear he knew what was going to happen, and just started walking towards her. Sure she wasn't his Lucina, but it was still one of those moments that made him feel kind of nauseated. Watching as she pulled one of her own eyes out of her skull it made him nauseous. For the moment he put aside the facts his head kept telling him, and just went to assist. He didn't have much he could do, he moved to touch Lucina. His hand gentle on her back, as he stood with the other Robin, awkward or not he still felt he had to be of some help. "Sorry lucina, it's over now."

He also wasn't a medic, so his help really was just him helping to pull Lucina's weight. He sighed softly, for a moment, his wife or not he really couldn't stand to see that face twisted in pain. His hands moved along her back, and picked up her legs, carrying her bridal style against him so that she didn't have to stand up any more, supporting her neck. "Fjorm you have a staff, anything you can do here to stop her bleeding or should we carry her back to the castle where we can get a few more people to look at her."

He turned towards the other Robin. "I know this one is yours, but... It feels wrong not to help." He honestly felt a little awkward in the moment picking up a child who had just been clutching her mother. Yet at the same time it felt so wrong to sit idly by and do nothing.

Fjorm nodded, face screwing in determination. She drew onthe magic, growing more and more pale as she worked to heal Lucina. The bleeding stopped, but she did not. Tears streamed down her face as she bit back sobs, leaning more into Kiran as the ghost of Lucina's Kiran touched Lucina and Fjorm, briding the two together as Lucina's eye was replaced.

Fjorm fell to her knees, then to the ground, her strength spent and exhaustion setting in. "It... It's done." she whispered.

Kiran nearly fainted as Lucina gorged her own eye out, then reeled as Fjorm fixed it. He heard a faint voice- HIS voice say "She's in your care, Kiran... I know you- I know WE will take good care of her. But only from afar..." He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice, but he failed. The voice had vanished, along with its utterer. He looked back in time to see the male Robin embrace the now healed Lucina. He then felt Fjorm fall from his grasp to her knees. He immediately cradled her in his arms and said, "Not on my watch, you don- AAARGH!"

The energy from the portal invested itself in Breidablik, and the weapon glowed with both power and heat, causing Kiran a fair amount of discomfort. He winced as the weapon cooled down, and he took it in one hand, still cradling Fjorm, and checked the chamber. Sure enough, in the chamber was a single Orb, the corks he had loaded in having been melted under the immense heat. He said under his breath, "Gods, please let this work..." And confidently raised the weapon then thought better of it. He remembered one Hero who resided in a house he'd helped her build near the Castle Askr who still possessed a Staff of Mending, and who had lost her lover not long before being summoned to the battlefield and the League's aide: Lena.

He turned to Robin and asked, "Robin, you've trained to be a Pegasus, right? I know this is a lot to ask, but can you fly to a small house due East and retrieve Lena, the Curate I once summoned? She might be the only chance we have withoit giving up the new last Orb in existence. If ever the World of Zenith needed you... if I ever needed you, it's now. Please, Robin."

Lucina’s sudden shove caught her mother completely by surprise. She stumbled back, a few steps away from her daughter, and took a moment to regain her footing. In that time she saw Lucina reach for her Kiran’s cloak, saw her glowing eye and saw her draw the lance, and in a terrible moment of insight saw exactly what was going to happen.

“Lucina! NO!”

The tactician cried out, reached a desperate hand towards her daughter… but she’d stepped too far away. She could do nothing but watch, helplessly, as Lucina plunged the lance into her own eye. She screamed as her daughter did, tried to reach her again, but was forced back by a burst of air as the rift opened above and began to spill forth random objects.

And then it was closed, as suddenly as it had opened, and Lucina came to her; staggered forward, pressed something into her arms and collapsed against her. It was all Robin could do to stay upright, wrapping one comforting arm around her daughter as she held Chrom’s urn tucked in the other. “I don’t know...” She muttered, stunned and trembling herself, holding back tears. “It… it doesn’t matter. Oh, Lucina... what have you done?”

The other Robin was there. Her hand grazed against his as he took Lucina, and for a moment she met his eyes, pleading, grateful. He was saying something, trying to be practical. She should be doing the same, but she could barely even process what he was saying. Fjorm stepped up with her staff once more, and Robin stepped aside to make room. She looked on as her daughter began to heal, concern painted across her face. Why hadn’t she ever taken the time to learn healing arts herself?

Kiran’s cry of pain, at last, jolted Robin back into action. She looked to the summoner for a moment, nodded her understanding, and then looked back to Lucina. The tactician was loath to leave her now, but Kiran had asked for a reason; she was the only one who could go. She bit her lip as she hesitated for a moment, hard enough to draw blood. “I’ll return,” she promised, her voice weak. “Forgive me.”

Then Robin turned her back, and ran for the stables. She could feel her tears preparing to make their return, and she scrunched her eyes closed and willed them to stay back. She wasn’t running, she told herself; she was the only one who could do this. She had to go.

When she reached the stables, she paused only long enough to place Chrom’s urn down, carefully, on the table by her crumpled and abandoned tunic. Then she went straight to the pegasus the other Robin had startled, not bothering to fetch reins or a saddle, and rode her, bareback, out from the stables and up, away, into the sky.

Memories.png Lucina shook her head as she whimpered in pain. She moved a bit as she opened her eyes trembling. "My...my eye.." She blinked, "I uh I can.." She cringed as she quickly gripped to Robin and looked over rather shocked. "Wait....Kiran.." She looked over as she aused realizing bits and pieces of what happened over two different timelines. "I....I was with this one....and another....going in and out..." Lucina cringed as she felt herself looking around, "Mom....Mom has she is the same one..." She looked over from the male robin holding her, "Kiran....I am sorry for all I caused I had to do it to keep you safe....even if it meant I had to die in this world."
Lucina squirmed a bit as she looked at the male Robin, "I am sorry but....I am not your Lucina....I am from this and my .." She would tilt her head a bit, "Why do I remember two things happening at the same ti.." Lucina glances over to Kiran still in pain, "I was dating you and....I died.....wait your and my time...our..." Lucina tenses up. "If i lived longer we would have..." She looks around panicking as she looked confused, "Where is my mother...why can I see...." Kiran_Robin_Lucina.png

Kiran watched the scene unfold, mostly from the sidelines, still cradling Fjorm in his arms. When the male Robin rushed to Lucina, his hand instinctively bolted to where he had kept his- lucina’s Lance, on his back, nearly dropping Fjorm in the process.

He had panicked, and the combining of his body and the other Kiran’s spirit had discombobulated him somewhat. He remembered two timelines at once, two lives, even the pain and agony of his other form’s death. All of it.

Including this other Lucina’s every curve and sensitive area. Her ‘weaknesses’. Her kinks. He realized that this Lucina wasn’t much different than his own, and now that was more true than ever. He listened intently to her ramblings, searching for anything that might side in Fjorm’s healing, when...

He reeled, nearly fainted. They would’ve- she would’ve- he...

His Lucina had been fucking pregnant?! And she never told him...? He knew she was experiencing some sort of phenomenon before she had... but there was no way... Was there?! She’d never had him put on protection, but that didn’t mean... She’d always take a morning after pill, hadn’t she? Unless... Unless she hadn’t. He’d never seen her do it, after all, just been told so. He set Fjorm on the ground, then said to her, “If you’ll excuse me, Princesses, I’ll faint now...”

And he did so with both dignity and pizazz.

Fjorm curled up on the ground, her face twisted in pain as her breathing came in shallow gasps. Sweat beaded her forehead, eyes open but unseeing. She whimpered, arms wrapping around herself tightly as Kiren set her down.

As she slipped further into herself, more and more ghosts wandered the Courtyard, going about the daily tasks of their lives, ignoring both the living and the dead. All but one, Eir, who laid down next to Fjorm, trying to console Fjorm, but unable to do anything more than lay down next to her and watch.

Lucina tensed up seeing Kiran go down. She squirmed more fumbling free as she rushed over kneeling next to him. She would breath heavily as she reached to hold Kiran, "Kiran....Kiran come on....stay.....stay .....please don't pass out....." She trembled as she paused, "Fjorm...why can I see...Fjorm please Answer me....why am I back why do I feel like two different forms of me....I mean I know I traveled back and forth through planes and times but why do I feel almost like two empty holes filled with what was missing?"

She reached to cradle Kiran in her lap, "Come on hero....you are my fiance...boyfriend.....you are something please....wake up..." She would pause feeling her stomach and looking down, "Why do I not feel him....Fjorm...why do I not feel my kid.."

Kiran has barely begun to fall, unconscious, when he began having a sort of vision. It was slow at first, just names, places, times, faces- nothing of note to anyone... Anyone except Kiran, that is. To him, they were peasants saved, villages rebuilt, Kingdoms upheld, and villains defeated. To him, in a word, they were...

Heroes.

After a moment, the vision sped up. The times and places were those of the Heroes’ deaths. Every Hero he’d lost to Surtr, ex-Lord of Múspell and keeper of the Eternal Flame, all those years ago. At least, it felt like years without his dear Lucina... And at the head of this Army he’d thought was Lucina, who would be fitting in such a position.

It was, after all, her tactics that he used to keep a single Hero from dying after she did. He only knew them because, somehow, that excites the both of them greatly, and boosted their pleasure as they...

But no, HE was at this Army’s head, though his cloak was stabbed through. Just as he tealized who this Kiran was, he said, “How dare you disrespect my Fiancé, Luce, like that! She is, after all, your Fiancé now. Treat her as I did; like a goddess. And wake up, fool, you’re embarrassing us!”

He smiled lightly, then twirled Lucina’s Lance out, the head missing, as his pregnant Lucina walked up and put her hand around the other Kiran, her clothes slightly singed. She looked ready to say something, but the Kiran slammed the Lance into the ground, snapping Kiran back to real life.

He heard the other Lucina asking Fjorm about her- THEIR boy, and Kiran replied, “Fjorm’s out, Luce. She healed your vision and collapsed. I sent your mom out to get Lena, the Curate. She should be able to use her old Staff of Mending to heal her...” He thought a moment, then asked, “Just curious, but do you find Strategy talk... exciting in any way?”

Have you ever felt like a side character in your own life? Robin was left to contemplate his complete lack of well anything in this strange world. This Lucina wasn't his, she was now clearly confessing love for another his arms felt rather heavy as she left him.

For someone who was usually the key strategist, always informed and always with the plan he felt oddly uncomfortable right now not knowing anything. It all just kinda hurt.

Maybe, he just needed some distance from these two. Looking at lucina hurt, he would probably be avoiding her for the rest of forever. Walking away from the field was easy the two of them were to engaged with each other he doubted his presence would be missed much for the moment.

Fjorm remained curled up, whimpering, eyes glazed, not quite aware of anyone else around her. Her body shivered, sweat beading on her face, a fever wracking her body, her staff laying on the ground next to her limp form.

Eir's lips moved soundlessly as she turned her face to Lucina, trying in vain to answer the question Fjorm could not.

Back
Top Bottom