Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fire Emblem

Robin’s breastplate was already unbuckled, so it was the first to go as she strode carelessly into the stables. She set it down on a table, next to where her clothing was folded. Next to go where her gauntlets, then her pauldrons, and boots. The tactician hummed softly to herself as she undressed, a Ylissean tune she’d picked up from someone back in Chrom’s army. She couldn’t quite remember who - it might’ve been something Donnel used to whistle, maybe. Reaching for the hem of her tunic, she began to tug the garment up over her body.

It was just clearing her head when she realised something was wrong.

There was something about the pegasi in the stable which tipped her off; something unusual in the way they were snorting, the way they were shifting about restlessly in the stalls. They weren’t their usual, calm selves. Something had disturbed them; not terribly, they weren’t outright spooked, but something was making them uncomfortable. Someone else was here, someone they weren’t particularly used to.

The twin-tailed tactician hurriedly pulled her tunic the rest of the way over head and tossed it to the ground, then dropped into a crouch by the wall of an unoccupied stall. Her blood ran cold. She hadn’t seen anyone when she came in; was there an unseen attacker lurking? If so, she was definitely not in a good position. Unarmed, clad only in a tight black bra and matching underwear, likely with no allies in shouting distance… her mind ran through dozens of scenarios, none of them particularly promising. The first step was obvious, though; she had to figure out who else was here. Robin reached to snag her robe from where it hung over the edge of the table, digging rapidly into its folds as she searched for the tome she was sure she had in the somewhere, and peeked from a moment around the corner of the stall…

And stopped, letting out a deep breath as she saw the cause of her concern.

It was him. ‘Robin’. Of course it was.

The other Robin made her a little uneasy at the best of times. He was so like her in so many ways - Gods, in his world, he essentially was her - and yet, at the same time, he was entirely someone else. His world had its own Chrom, its own Lucina… it was fascinating, but at the same time, it was like seeing everything she knew twisted just that little bit into something totally alien. Her eyes roamed over his body as he slept, from the book tumbling from his hand to the little pocket of drool forming at the corner of his mouth. He looked… vulnerable.

“You dork,” she muttered softly. She couldn’t blame him for slipping out here to take a nap - she’d fallen asleep in some weird places herself - but his pose sure didn’t look comfortable. From experience, he’d probably be cold and sore by the time he woke.

The tactician hesitated for just a moment, then stood and padded softly, barefoot, towards him. She moved carefully, trying not to wake him, her robe held protectively up to her neck as she approached. When she was just a step away, she slowly knelt down, spread it wide, and lowered it over his body to serve as a makeshift blanket. There; she couldn't do much to keep him from feeling sore, but at least now he might not be cold.

She watched him a moment longer, studying his face and lost in thought, before quietly standing again and creeping back towards the table where she'd started. The tunic was crumpled on the floor where she’d dropped it; her back to her sleeping counterpart, she bent at the waist to pick it up, then carefully dusted it off and began to neatly fold it.

He registered noise, movement. He heard a voice, something more feminine as he did, something touched him, and that was the sign that he needed to wake up. Robin was not a graceful sleeper though, nor was he particularly graceful in his waking, his eyes opened slowly, watching black laced booty walk away from him. A pale back, and soft blond hair. From the back it kinda looked like it was a more femenine version of his own body, but that... well he supposed that wasn't impossible anymore. His eyes opened slowly. and he stretched out. Immediately he felt pain as he tried to move, his body had fallen asleep on his leg, and everything was stiff.

He felt what was on him and it was the same robe he had on his body, adding to the theory that it was in fact his dopleganger here with him. He slowly tried to get to his feet but found them rather unresponsive. "Ah!" He stumbled and fell flat on his face as he tried to get up, making a bit more noise than he had meant too, now the pegasi were slightly more annoyed and spooked by him.

"This is why i switched all of their riders classes to Wyvrens." He muttered for a moment as he looked at the dumb bird horses. Then he turned his attention to the black laced Robin. "Hi." His voice was soft and slightly dry his body felt cold, and a touch unresponsive, and very sore as he got up from his nap. Dusting himself off from the hay, and picking up the cloak that she had given him to use as a blanket with the intention of giving it back to her.

Aside from the fact that he apparently was a rather sexy woman, he was never able to tell how he should feel about her yet he was always curious to learn more about her. "Sorry, if I bothered you, I just had to get away from the castle grounds for a bit." He yawned. "I realize we've never actually spoken for any amount of time, but thank you very much for looking after me." He gave her a smile, still half awake, and only a quarter aware he was talking to her before she got dressed.

Lucina after a few minutes would reach for her mask and sword. She paused as she saw her armor stuck in the tree above her and started to try and jump hesitating and stopping in pain. The blue haired woman let out a scream as she unsheathes her sword and swings at the tree several times. The thuds and metal could be heard.

Soon she tensed up trying to yank the sword out gritting her teeth to fall over and glaire at the stuck Falchion, "Damn it this is your fault mother!"

Kiran was shocked at the entrance of the girl, and shrugged as Fjorm accused him of hiding Orbs. “I thought they were gone, too! I don’t know-” His face went blank as he flipped out Breidablik. He opened the chamber, and... The cork was gone. As he ran to the girl’s aide, carrying the hot water that Fjorm had requested, he realized what had happened:

Breidablik was awake.

For the first time since the last orb had been fired, Breidablik, the Divine weapon capable of summoning Heroes from the farthest Realms with nothing but the pull of a trigger, was awake once again. It sensed the cork that was loaded into it, and began to gather the radiant energy of the three people in the room. When it had charged enough, it fired at Kiran’s hip, summoning another Lucina.

A ping of pain shot through Kiran as he remembered the other- no, his Lucina’s cruel demise at the hands of Surtr. He didn’t even realize Fjorn’s skimpy clothing as he remembered that day, or more specifically, that passage of time, like the design on his weapon. Surtr has burned her, slowly and painfully, from foot to head, as she screamed for mercy. If he had been a strong Commander... the Hero he was supposed to be... she would have lived. Or at least, she would have had a faster death. But Surtr saw the love in his eyes, the love for the blue haired Princess, and tortured him with it. Tortured her for it, to her last scream, her last breath.

Her final act had been to toss her lance to him. Afterwards, he tried to Fire Breidablik, but the chamber was empty of Orbs. He frantically searched for more as he backed away from the eternal Flames, but he couldn’t find any. In a last ditch attempt, he used the Lance techniques Lucina had taught him ‘just in case’ to kill the demon king.

Those few minutes were, ironically, burned in his mind. And nothing, not even this new Lucina, could fix that. It didn’t help that this new Lucina wielded a Sword. He said, “I- I want to help, but- I’m sorry...” Then he, the Legendary Hero, ran. He ran, crying, back to the room. He reloaded Breidablik with all the corks he could find, almost considering opening all the unopened ones before coming back to himself. He slapped himself, said, “C’mon, Kiran. You’re better than this. You- you can do this.” He grabbed a few bandages and ran back to help.

Oh how lucky he was to be in the presence of such beauty. It seemed like every time he glanced up at the princess she was wearing less and less. Oh how terrible of a chaperone he was. Perhaps he should do something to help preserve the princess's modesty. Just as he went to say something, however, there was a howling noise followed by a flash so bright he covered his eyes out of sheer reflex. There was some noises, followed by a mad scramble before the world began to come back into view. The first thing the youth saw was Kiran running out of the room. It looked like he'd seen a ghost or something.

He turned back toward where the princess sat, but she was no longer there. Instead, it seemed as though she moved down towards the floor. She was saying something, but Haru's senses were blurred. Could it have been the flash, or perhaps the wine? Maybe a combination of the two. He stood up and looked toward where she was. Oh how lovely she looked the way her clothing nearly peeled off of her. A tint of red streaked across his nose.

They were alone.

He shook his head to rid it of dirty thoughts. Those are such that would get a man beheaded. Even the sound of that word made his throat lock. Beheaded. His senses began to return to him, and it seemed like the princess was in distress. Actually, more like she was helping somebody who was. He stepped closer to see what was happening. The woman looked horrified, same as Kiran, but... there was nobody else in the room. Haru's head tilted to the side inquisitively as he stepped over to the woman. He knelt down beside her and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "M'Lady...?" He spoke softly. "There's... there's no one there."

This was a sobering moment for him. The young man was unsure exactly what to make of this situation. Perhaps the flash might have startled the two of them? Perhaps the sound and light brought back painful past memories? He'd heard of such phenomena occurring to those with overexposure to war and battle, or any traumatic & stressful situation. His Special Ops commander also spent some time speaking on the subject. At this point, Haru wished he payed more attention to that lecture.

"M'Lady. Everything is alright." He tried his best to put on a soothing voice. "You're safe. Nobody is hurt." He took his time, not wanting to jar her anymore than she might have already been. Perhaps it was a good thing he was here, after all.

"A hero was summoned," Fjorm states simply, trying to reorganize herself, looking deeply wounded over Kiran leaving. She had gotten so close to Kiran, there were times she sensed his summons as clearly as he did. "Bring some hot water to the courtyard. The hero is hurt."

She took a moment repositioning her dress and grabbing her staff, duty quickly sobering her. She strode majestically to the courtyard, ready to perform the healing required, tired, dejected and decidely rejected.

Lucina holds her side in pain as she kicks at her sword, "Stupid piece of shit....legendary sword my ass..." She would pause hearing people coming as she quickly grabbed her mask in pain, "shit shit shit." She slid the mask on as she tried to position herself not hurt. She sat with her legs to the side and moved her back ever slightly to not show her pain. She would raise her hand as she muttered, "Stupid fucking armor...they are going to know I am a girl.."

Lucina paused seeing Fjorm running as she waved, "Yo....you summoned me...sorry was in the middle of uh...doing things..."

Fjorm gets to work on healing Lucina, her hands soft and gentle as she guides the staff. "It will be ok," she whispers softly, tending each cut and bruise tenderly.

Her makeup is ruined from her tears, her hair disheveled. She knows how Kiran felt about Lucina, knows what it means for her chances. But it isn't Lucina's fault, not her intent, so Fjorm works quickly, gently and effeciently. "Just let me know where you hurt and if I am being too rough, ok?" Fjorm whispers softly to her. "If there is anything I can do to help you, just let me know."

Kiran arrived again as Fjorm asked if she was being too rough. Kiran saw the stained makeup on her face and exclaimed, “Was my trip for that hot water you asked for really all that hard? One would think I’d have to travel to Múspell and back to find some hot water, and not just to the kitchens.” He knelt by Fjorm and whispered to her, “Do you really think I would let... that get in the way of us? Of what we ha- what I hope we have.”

He dried her tears with a blot from his sleeve, thus staining it. He then turned to Lucina. The pain rang again, but he barely noticed this time. There certainly were differences between timelines. If the other Lucina was an A, This Lucina was a B, pushing a C, somehow. Her chest was far more noticeable than the other’s. That, and she carried a Sword, instead of the Lance he was used to.

Was there any rule or law in Askr that outlawed polygamy...? He has to look that up. There was a chance that both he and Haru could have their ways.

For now, though, Kiran shook those thoughts out of his head. He needed to focus. Lucina was hurt, and he needed to help her. Not because of feelings, though. It was his duty. He had inadvertently brought her here, and he needed to help, as a courtesy. Nothing more. He began gathering each piece of Lucina’s clothing and neatly folding it, putting it in the basket she had apparently brought with her. Again, as a courtesy, he spent as little time with her unmentionables as possible... but damn, this Lucina had a tiny waist, too. Well, comparatively, anyway...

Harunaka

Heroes being summoned? What in the world was she speaking about? It sounded familiar, but maybe from a fairytale. Still, she got up quickly, he helped her to her steady feet, and she quickly adjusted her outfit. It seemed the moment she snatched her staff, she was fully sober and on her way out the door. The ranger staggered for a moment, but quickly followed behind her. His Special Ops training allowed him to move with the grace and precision as any regular soldier.

He followed closely behind, but his pace began to slow when he saw the masked blue-haired beauty struggling in the courtyard. The ranger's eyes quickly assessed the situation. She was wounded, but her wounds were shallow. She also tried to hide her pain from them. That, paired with the mask. He deducted that she wished to protect her identity. After that last conversation about Fjorn's sister lusting over the ranger, he could understand wanting to hide one's identity from the world.

Kiran quickly arrived on the scene to assist. It seemed, somehow, that these two might have known the girl. The way they tended to her had a level of emotion involved that he hadn't seen others attended to wounded with. Perhaps these two just had hearts of gold? Who really knew? He was still a stranger to these lands. He noticed the woman's breastplate seemed to be stuck in the tree above her. Along with her sword it would seem. As the two worked with the mystery woman, he silently made his way over towards the tree.

The sword was definitely jammed in there pretty well. Was she trying to chop the whole damn tree down? There were enraged hack marks surrounding the weapon. He'd probably be angry too if he fell from a tree and lost all his clothes. He gripped the hilt of the weapon. Something felt... wrong. Like he shouldn't be touching this sword. His nerves fired up his arm, but after wiggling the hilt for a brief moment, he felt that it was loose. With two hands gripping the hold, he swung his arms in a reverse swing. It was a tight squeeze, but he managed to remove the weapon in one strong motion.

"Phew..." He sighed and wiped across his forehead. Then, he looked up to see the armor in the branches above. He was taller than the blue-haired woman and, using the sword as an extension of his arm, he pointed it up above his head. After fishing around briefly with his arm fully extended and standing on his toes, he managed to hook the armor around the sword. He yanked to the side and the full weight of the armor was freed from the tree.

He almost cursed as the weight felt like it would break his arm, but he maintained himself and lowered the gear.

He couldn't get the woman's sword out of his hand quickly enough. He propped it against the tree and, politely, offered her the armor whilst doing his best to avoid looking over her body, even though he really wanted to.

Lucina tried to put on an act as much as she could but once Fjorm started to move her, her eyes would tear up in pain. The princess started cringing as she fell over on her side a bit, "OW...HEY UH DONT.." Her head was spinning everything was moving so fast. She paused turning red at Kiran now picking her stuff up, "Kiran....can you not.." Her hands covered her mouth a bit as she trembled, "I'm sorry damn the gods ....he....he looks like..." She would pause feeling a tug as she looked back to see Harunka with her sword, "FALCHION! HEY DROP..." Her eyes noticed as all three seemed to be trying to help her.

Lucina took a deep breath as she shouted, "MOTHER WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU! I SWEAR IF FATHER PUT YOU UP TO THIS FOR ME NOT CLEANING FINE BUT DONT HAVE MY FIANCE AND TWO PEOPLE I HAVE NOT EVEN MET TOUCHING MY THINGS!" She paused as she moved a bit too rough and felt Fjorm's finger brush one of the cuts on her face and hit her mask off, "NO UHM..."

The princess looked like a deer in headlights. She trembled as she stuttered, "c...c..could you ...please...just let me ...get .....my mask....." She looked at the area again as she sighed, "This is not my home is it....." Her hand would reach for her engagement ring finger as she felt around making sure it was still there. "At least it is not the robin from the world I helped.....damn it he made a mess of everything..." She sighed, "Even if he looked similar to mom...they are not the same.." She covered her mouth again as she realized she was speaking out loud. She would quickly try to crawl away from Fjorm as she muttered coughing, "What did you do....is it you did you bring me here......who has the power to summon anymore...I am not just some prize to be summoned randomly from some crystal on a gamble for coin!"

Kiran was done with the job almost as soon as Lucina had finished talking. He picked up the basket, and was bringing it to her when she screamed at the top of her lungs, and nearly dropped the basket back into the dirt where they had come from, not to mention nearly having a heart attack. Fiancé?! There was a version of himself that, not only ended up in Ylisse, but also had won her heart to the degree that he was actually to be married to her?

He wanted to forget what he’d just heard, but couldn’t. No way he could believe it. No way in all of Hel could he ever believe that he and any version of the Goddess Lucina were together in that way. He refused to believe it... unless the other Kiran were better endowed than himself. Sure, his nine inches were impressive, but with no way in this realm to tell the average endowment of a male, like there was in his own Realm, the World Of Discovery, He has no way to tell wether the denizens possessed micro dicks or magnum dongs.

He simply said in reply to her questions and statements, “I’m afraid this isn’t your Home, no... Though we haven’t summoned you as a mere token. In fact, Breidablik fired herself.” He retrieved the weapon from his belt. “I assume you’ve seen her before, since you’ve seen another... well, another Kiran. If not, Breidablik has the power to summon Heroes from other Worlds using Orbs. And also, apparently, the cork to a bottle of Sparkling Wine. In truth, Breidablik May have brought you here for a reason. The other Lucina we’ve met was. She was-“ he choked a little. “Well, she died in battle, forcing me to take her Lance and fight in her place.”

As he continued, his voice wavered a bit. “Rest assured, if you want, I will find a way to get you home. No matter the cost to myself. I understand that you are engaged, and you wouldn’t want to miss your own wedding. As much as-“ he choked on his words again. “-as you would be welcome here, I will spare nothing to restore your place in your World...” It was then that Kiran realized they didn’t even know which World she was from.

Fjorm nodded. "Lucina was a good friend of mine and... Practically inseparable from Kiran." She retrieves the mask for Lucina and offers it to her. Lucina should be able to notice some healing already taking effect.

"If you will stay still for just a little bit, I should be able to heal your injuries. My name is Fjorm, by the way." She regards the armor carefully. "I take it you want to go by Marth?"

She does not take no as an answer for healing, however. Some of the cuts looked like prime candidates for infection and Fjorm was not going to allow a friend... or a shadowy reminder of a friend... risk death just to avoid potential offense. Especially when it required so little magic...

Lucina blinked a bit as she blushed, "Uhm....okay fine but if you know my name then there is no point in wearing the mask or going by my great great grandfather's name." She looked at Kiran as she blushed, "I uhm....I had a lance.....but uhm...." She looked down a bit. "A bit of well darkness took me over......my Kiran took it....took me..." She held her head a bit as she felt pain again, "I..." She gritted her teeth. "I went back several times...I don't even know my own world...my father he...well Crom had...Kiran's cloak....he....he told me Kiran said to not jump around anymore....do not keep going through the cycle..." She would look at her basket as she glared back at Fjorm, "I am not running...I want my basket...I want my cloak...his cloak..." She would move as she cringed in pain as she looked at Kiran and her basket. "Please....it is the white heavy blanket in the bottom....please....Kiran.....I ..I know it was my hands...I know I wasn't me...but give me some peace.....mother doesn't get it....I...I never picked up my room cause...it ...was there...it was there on the floor...near the mattress.."

The pegasi were not the only ones startled by Robin’s fall. His female counterpart spun abruptly on the spot, tossed the half-folded tunic blindly back onto the table that was now behind her, and raised her arm defensively in front of her body. The gesture wasn’t intended to preserve her modesty; rather, her hand was clenched tight, her fingers curled and pointed inwards, ready to hurl a spell at a moment’s notice.

She’d reacted mostly by instinct. It was fortunate for the other Robin, then, that her tome was still tucked away in her robes, closer to his hands right now than hers. It took her a moment to realise what, exactly, she was reacting to. She winced, sympathetically, as she watched her male doppelganger trying to pick himself up off the ground. Her shoulders slowly relaxed; she lowered her hand, allowing it to fall back by her side.

“Seriously?” She said, flatly, an unimpressed eyebrow making its way up her forehead. She’d heard his comment, as he’d looked over at the pegasi. She just wasn’t sure she believed it. “You gave up the grace of the pegasus knight, the majesty of the dark flier, for… a big lizards. Is that what you call strategy?”

Well, that wasn’t entirely fair. She’d have to apologise to Cherche and Minerva if they ever heard her say something like that. Still. Perhaps they weren’t so similar, after all. Robin sighed, shook her head in disbelief, and took a few steps towards him. She stopped just short of him, turned away to lean across the door of one of the stalls, and reached out to stroke the pegasus within calmingly.

“Shh, it’s alright. He’s not going to hurt you,” She muttered softly. She had to stretch to reach the pegasus, inadvertently placing her body further on display for the other Robin. Her skin was pale, and soft, but not entirely unblemished; there was a faint scar running a short way down her left side, and another, smaller scar on the inside of her left thigh. She preferred magic, but she was also quite a capable swordswoman, and it showed; while she didn’t quite have the strength of the more dedicated warriors and knights in the Order, she was in good shape, the faint outline of muscle showing as she reached for the pegasus. Her breasts pressed up lightly against the side of the stall.

“You don’t need to apologise, and you don’t need to thank me for that,” she addressed Robin again, not quite looking at him. “I’m… sure you’d do the same thing for me, right? It kind of felt like I was watching myself freeze, actually, so…”

Stepping back from the stall, she turned towards him and shrugged, rubbing the back of her neck with an awkward smile on her face. Then she followed his eyes back to her body, and for a moment her smile froze as she realised that she’d never actually put on any clothes.

“Hey!” She flushed, first a bright pink, then an angry red. Reaching out, she snatched her robe back out of his hands. “Give me that!” She clutched the garment protectively to her chest, and huffily turned away. She stayed that way for a moment in embarrassed silence, but then…

“Did… you hear that?”

There were voices somewhere outside, shouting, but… she must’ve misheard. One of them sounded so familiar, but it couldn’t be the case. Her daughter had never come to this world; there had been another like her here, once, but no longer. It wasn’t a memory Robin liked to dwell on.

Yet, she could’ve sworn she’d just heard Lucina.

"I just don't like watching my friends getting shot out of the sky, and find the frailty of these bird horses to be unreliable compared to the strength and armor of the Wayvern rider and lord... also these things hate me." Honestly he could debate tactics with this cute female version of himself all day, but it had been Cordelia that had convinced him that the pegasi were a downgrade. Sure the dark flier was strong but keeping them alive always felt like a chore and the moment he had failed to do so Chrom had lost his wife... and the man had never forgiven him for that.

When she said that he would do the same for her he nodded, but at the same time he wondered that if their positions were reversed if she would be checking him out as closely as he was her. Cause with her body on display for him like this he had to admit that he found a few different things about them interesting. One of them being that they had the same scars, though his wasn't visible he was almost certain that he shared the same injury along his thigh.

He handed her the robes, and found her reaction to be pretty cute. He supposed he would be pretty embarrassed to talk to someone walking around in just his boxers, but there was certainly something to be said about her frame being cute. Then he heard a voice that was very familiar, and felt inwardly awkward for having been looking at Robin. "Kinda sounded like Lucina."

But that couldn't have been the case his wife hadn't been brought to this world, and yet he would remember that angery tone anywhere. "I'll go check it out while you get dressed." He said giving her a small bow of respect thankful to get out of the stables. While it had been a good place to sneak away from the rest of the castle the place had a stink too it, and walking outside he was quick to find where all the commotion was from.

And for a moment he felt a little dumb, he didn't know what to say it had been a long time since he had seen his lucina, and yet there she was, well he supposed there was a chance that this one wasn't his. He really didn't want to believe that chance. Walking up to her he was trying to work out what to say, did he say anything? just pull her into a hug? a kiss? he had missed her in the time that he had been gone... he supposed that may have been one reason he was so interested in the other Robin's scars.

He stopped early though, he wasn't so forward as to just try and embrace this one without some form of confirmation. "Lucina?" then there was the fact that she was injured, he moved closer to her, for all the skills he had, swords, or tomes he had no skills in healing. Looking at the other standing next to her, he drew his sword pointing it at Fjorm not at all sure what was going on, but trying to insert himself as a shield between the hurt woman, and the other.

"What's going on here! Did you hurt my wife?"

The staff in Fjorm's hands moved quickly, knocking Robin's sword out of his hand and across the Courtyard in a single stroke as Fjorm finished and stood. "Different Lucina," she growled at him. "And no, she fell through the tree branches during her arrival. I was making sure that her cuts were healed so that they wouldn't get infected and risk amputation."

Fjorm looks like her feelings are genuinely hurt from Lucina's response to her efforts at healing, even though all of Lucina's cuts, bruises and cracked bones have been healed. She kisses Kiran's cheek gently, all forgiven for now. "Lucina, I am sorry if thevhealing hurt at all. It was never my intention and I am... Still mastering the skill, since all of the peace treaties have taken effect. I... would like to get to know you, specifically some day. If you are willing, and I am sorry that you were unknowingly pulled from your home. I have no power over the worlds, but will help in what ways I can."

She growls at Robin. "Next time, before charging a lady with a sword and threatening her, take a moment to ask what is going on." While the staff is an instrument of healing, Fjorm's is extremely sturdy and looks rather dangerous, considering the smoldering look she is giving him.

A lot started happening all at once. Haru was still slightly inebriated from the wine earlier and all the different characters spilling onto the field all at once was... over stimulating. Fortunately for him, his training allowed him to quietly blend into the background with great ease.

His form became one with the shadow cast by the tree. His back pressed lightly against the trunk. He watched them all: subconsciously keeping more of an eye on Fjorm and the blue-haired girl named Lucina. He had his reasons for watching over the princess. He was still her chaperone, technically. Plus, she was aesthetically pleasing to keep an eye on as well.

Lucina however, gave off a somewhat different vibe. She was, for lack of better words, cute. He really liked the blue of her hair and something about the features of her face made her look much like a princess herself. He wouldn't be surprised if she were.

He continued to watch the scene unfold. Surprise flashed across his face when he noticed Fjorm's skill with her staff. There weren't many healers who could handle themselves so well. He smirked.

Still, these newcomers unsettled him. Not so much the pegasus, however. Aerial targets were something he was trained specifically to deal with. Then again, his bow was still locked up. He would have to rely on his secondary skills were anything crazy to happen. Well... crazier than it has already been.

Kiran flipped the pile over, taking out the heavy white blanket Lucina had requested and handed it to her as gently as he could, being careful not to mar the cloak any more than the fall itself had done. She seemed really upset about all this. He said, "Alright. I'll help you as much as I can, I swear. To my last breath, if need be." He hoped none of this was setting off Fjorm... He didn't want to ruin his chances with her, he just wanted to help this Lucina to have the happiness she so desperately deserved.

But how were they to do that if they didn't even know which World this Lucina had come from in the first place? He didn't know, but he intended to find out. He'd visited many different Worlds during the War to save Askr, and he was pretty confident that he could find it again if he were tasked with the job. He felt the need to help her, as if some inner need was tugging at him, telling him that if he helped her, it would give his closure for what happened to the other Lucina. Finally allow him to forgive himself for that momentary lapse of judgement that got her killed.

He turned to Haru, wanting to ask his opinion on all this, but didn't see him. He turned around, looking every which way, but couldn't find him. He then heard the clang of metal on the ground, and turned in an about face, drawing Breidablik before remembering she was a Summoner's weapon, not a true gun like he had been used to before he was the Legendary Hero. He resheathed her in her Hollister and walked over, paying attention to every word the others were saying. He extended off of what Fjorm had said, adding, "And I was picking up the belongings she'd brought with her-" He then realized that, the way he'd been holding the basket,a pair of Lucina's panties and a portion of one of her bras were in direct contact with his skin.

He shifted the basket and asked, "So, we just gonna sit here, in the fading afternoon light? Or we gonna go back inside? There's enough food for all of us, I'm sure of it." In truth, he knew there wasn't. He also knew he hadn't eaten much, and could easily slip out in the crowd to sneak a bite from the kitchens. He could honestly say, though, that he wasn't really hungry, after drinking nearly three entire bottles of wine by himself.

Lucina trembles a bit as she reaches for the coat and hides her anger and fears in it. She shoves her face into it to hide her expression as her fingers tingle running over the lance spot, "..Kiran..." She gritted her teeth as she turned to get up and froze a bit. She held her head in pain as she felt so many different memories going through her head, "w..w....wife.....no.....I didn't come from that fault line....there are so many..." She took a deep breath as she tried to stop herself from crying, "EVERYONE SHUT UP!" She breathed heavily as she dawned her dead fiance's coat. She felt the holes as she had this strange expression on her face and her eye had a clearly darker burned symbol in it from the various times over and over she tried, "I....I am going back....does anyone here have this.." She fumbled a bit in her pockets, "I...I didn't wash this thing on purpose...where is my list....the ingredients..." She glared at Robin not realizing it was not her mother and a male version, "WHERE IS MY LIST MOM! WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GET RID OF MY LIST IF I CAN GET TO THE ORIGINAL TIME SHIFT THE VERY FIRST ONE I CAN STOP MYSELF FROM EVER ATTEMPTING TO GET KIRAN INVOLVED...." She gritted her teeth as she stumbled a bit. Those that got close enough to see her eye could probably put together she can't see out of one due to how she moves, "Don't make me hunt...I will find another ritual...I am going back..." She reached for the white haired robbed man as she missed completely.

Inside her head she was noticing visions of her past....she saw her mother standing there she thought in the distance, "I AM NOT AN ADDICT I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT! THIS IS FOR MY FIANCE SO HE CAN LIVE I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT STOPPING THOSE THAT COME FOR ME JUST LET THEM AND DONT GET IN THEIR WAY!"

Lucina held her head as she looked seeing everyone around her like normal. She would pause as she saw the male Robin, "Sorry I uh...I need to just si..." Her eyes would notice in the distance the woman wearing a similar cloak to her mom.....white hair....she turned pale, "I..no...mom...didn't she....she told me.." She would try to move past the others as she slowly breathed. She would look to her father's sword and back, "d....did you follow me...I didn't do it mom..I...I don't even have my list..."

She felt a sharp jab in her mind and would try to walk past them, "Mom..." She felt herself starting one of those spirals again...where she kept winding up in a very very similar moment...mixing up her memories and her current spot in them. She looked as if she was about to collapse from the mental exhaustion even though most of her not serious wounds were treated.

Anyone noticing from the back of the coat would see a larger hole in the back where the lance must have pierced through. It was so dark and stained she must have had it for years.

His sword was knocked out of his hand Robin was told the single heaviest gut punch heh ad been delivered so far, not his Lucina. This was later confirmed as she looked at him, but she didn't really see him. She was cold, upset and angry. He knew Lucina... well a version of her, and had helped the woman sleep through nights of torture and rough warfare. He knew her body intimately, but this one just looked at him with with something cold. His heart felt like it was ripped apart in a single second, she was picking herself up and refering to someone else as her fiance.

Robin for his part moved away, collecting himself, He bent over and picked up his sword, putting it back in it's holster. He couldn't let any of this show, he just had to breath. This wasn't his Lucina, and she had a mission. Lucina always had a mission, her strong will had been one of the things that had kept him sane as the battles had gotten more difficult the war more intense he had been able to fight partly because of her strength with that sword. He looked at the ground, he felt sick. He turned to watch her for a moment longer, seeing the blood on the back she was clinging to a deadman he had never met, and he was envious... oh so envious of this other. Part of him wanted to start a war to get his Lucina... part of him knew that it wouldn't matter.

Robin felt a cold grip run through him, he suddenly felt more alone than he had in years. For a moment he thought he had found someone precious to him, only to find out that he was more the outsider than anyone else. He went silent contemplating, unable to respond to other people he didn't know what he could say. His eyes watered, and stung for a moment but no tears came. He did feel kinda sick, the idea of the female robin he had been looking at, being Chroms wife meant the number of thoughts that had run through his mind would have destroyed several different versions of his own family.

Nothing was okay anymore.

Had death left anyone unscathed? Fjorm whimpered, hiding her face in Kiren's chest, remembering watching her mother and sister burn. Remembering all the times she had nearly died herself. Remembering that last fight with Hel. Remembering having to kill her best friend.

Eir, an alt universe Shareena, her memory erased by thousands of deaths at Hel's hands, had told her the plan before the battle. Had told everyone, including Kiran. Hel could only die at the hands of one who loved her as much as life itself, at the hands of one she loved as much as life itself. Which meant Eir... Shareena, who never wanted to kill anyone. And she had told them all that Fjorm had to be the one to land the kill the killing blow that would end them both.

Fjorm had refused, insisting on finding some other way. Right up until the moment that Hel raised her sword to kill Kiran and Eir had trapped Hel from behind in an embrace, struggling to hold her both. Struggling and losing. It didn't matter that Eir had screamed for Fjorm to end it, to kill them both before it was too late. Fjorm still had nightmares of stabbing her spear through Eir's back and on into Hel's heart.

She had dropped her spear immediately, refusing to take it up again. The war had ended with the land of the dead, the dead had returned to the grave. And the mantel of Death, finding its princess and queen dead, had fallen on Fjorm's shoulders.

She had tried to refuse it. The peace treaty had come about, in large part, because no one was dying. They were living through the terrors of war, starving, pierced, hacked apart with no release from the suffering. The treaty itself required Fjorm to allow the release of death to thosr who should die.

Eir's ghost folded gently around Fjorm, tryingto comfort her. The ghosts of loved ones took the hands of the living around her as she sobbed softly into Kiran's chest.

"Robin," she choked out, "your wife says it's ok, that you did everything you could to save her. She says it is time for you to move on, fall in love again. She will see you on the other side of the veil and looks forward to meeting the woman that can heal your heart."

She pulled Kiran more tightly about her. "Lucina, your Kiran says he would die ten thousand times over to protect you, that life without you would not have been worth living. That his sacrifice protected more than just your life, but the lives of your family and friends on both sides. Had he not died, your world woukd have been the first of mamy to die."

“Thank you,” Robin nodded gratefully as her male counterpart departed, then walked slowly over towards her clothing and let out a long breath. She let her drop onto the table beside the wrinkled tunic, then bent to pick up and her pants and, leaning on the table for support, began to tug them back up over her shapely legs to her waist. Her thoughts were entirely elsewhere. How long had it been since she’d seen her daughter? The tactician had been summoned to Askr in the early days of the Order’s war with the Emblian Empire, and been with them since; through all their battles with Múspell, and the armies of Hel, and all the days that had followed. She didn’t regret that - her presence here had made a difference, had helped saved lives - but now, remembering her daughter’s voice, she couldn’t help but dwell on what she might have missed. There’d been a time when the Order’s Lucina, so similar to her daughter and yet in many ways so different, had often led her to such thoughts… but then had come the battle with Surtur, and…

Robin stopped halfway through lacing up her pants. Her hands were shaking; she kept fumbling the laces. “It’s not her,” She said aloud, irritated with herself. The last time she’d seen her daughter, they’d fought. It’d been something stupid; she could barely remember the reason now. Something about Chrom wanting her to clean up her room? Robin didn’t feel like she was much of a mother; Lucina, the grown Lucina, had come to them so suddenly. She’d never had a chance to learn, and so they ended up at loggerheads with one-another so often. How much time had passed for Lucina since then? Had she and Chrom thought that she’d abandoned them? Did they fear she’d vanished again?

The tactician choked back a sob, burying her face in her hands. “It’s not her,” she repeated, vehemently. “It can’t be.” Kiran had run out of the orbs needed to power Breidablik; there were no more heroes being summoned, and no portals back to her world. Her Lucina could not be here.

Robin took a deep breath, lowered her hands, clenched them into fists and forced herself to stop shaking. She resumed tying the laces of her pants mechanically, then pulled on her shirt, her robes and boots and belt. Standing, she took another breath and wiped at the corners of her eyes, composing herself before she stepped out of the stables to see what, exactly, was happening.

And there she was.

There was no mistaking her, even at this distance. She still had her white cloak; the one that had belonged to her fiance, another version of Kiran.

“Lucina?” Robin took one slow, disbelieving step forward, and then another, and then she broke into a run. She barreled straight past the others, paying them no heed; she didn’t stop until she’d reached her daughter, and thrown her arms tightly around her.

“Gods, Lucina! It is you!” The tears she’d been trying to hold back now flowed freely down the tactician’s cheeks, a confused smile breaking onto her face as she held Lucina in her arms. “How… how is this possible? I thought…” For a moment she glanced around in confusion, seeking Kiran’s gaze. “Without orbs…”

Robin couldn’t gather her wits enough to finish that thought, and, in that moment, she didn’t really care. She turned back towards her daughter, burying her face against her shoulder as she wept with sorrow and joy.

Kiran froze as Lucina shouted for everyone to be quiet. He thought he heard something... thought he heard a LOT of things, actually. But one thing, two lone words stood out:

Time Shift.

From his own world, he knew how addicting Time Travel research could be. And how dangerous it could be. Only mad scientists would attempt such a thing, and only to regain a lost loved one, like a spouse or a child. Or a fiancé lost to Time itself. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, but... it seemed Lucina had found a way to travel through not only the Worlds, but through Time as well. Could it be...?

He then saw Lucina reach for, but miss, Robin, and when she looked at him, he knew exactly why: those beautiful sky blue eyes he loved so much... one of them was obscured by some Arcane symbol. And- Wait, What?! No... No way- or was there...? Was it true...?

He flipped out Breidablik, and... sure enough, that same story knoll was engraved on his Weapon. Breidablik apparently had something to do with this! Either that, or she had the capability to create Time portals as well as Inter-World Portsls, which was absolutely absurd... wasn’t it?

He resheathed the weapon, keeping his newfound revelation to himself. He instead focused on the female version of Robin he’d summoned near the beginning of the War, when they were still in the World of Awakening. And, gosh, had she been a blessing from Vaskrheim, to be sure!

...Had he been here too long? He was beginning to sound like the natives, using such analogies as that which he had just used. He shrugged inwardly. If he had, he’d have more chance with the girls, should this thing with Fjorm not work out. And Lucina, well... she had her own Kiran to get to. And he was going to help her perform this Rite, even if it meant that he’d have to give up Breidablik, his only bragging right in this World.

And then he saw the hole. And that’s when he knew why she needed to save him. That’s also when he redacted his promise to help, or at least some of the intensity. He’d help, yeah. But only to the point of reason. No further.

He was so lost in his own thoughts that he almost karate chopped Fjorm’s throat when she leaned on him to cry. He embraced her after a moment, and said softly, “It’s okay. It’s alright, Fjorm... The War really did hit all of us, didn’t it?” He stroked her hair subconsciously, not noticing her breasts, still in only the lacy top, were pressing gently against his chest, only that she needed comforting... until his boner grew semi-stiff. Then it was just awkward.

Lucina blinks a bit, "...Mom...are you okay.....oh god your really mom...you just yelled at me about cleaning the room....I did alright...dad and you wanted to show me my problems and yeah whatever whoever you got to be Kiran is good but he is not Kiran....so stop....please....mom..." She trembled a bit as she looked at the others and felt her eye twitch a bit. It glowed as she felt something opening. "M..mom....its...." She felt herself twitching in and out as if a rift or not even there, "mom....please....get back..I..." She glanced around quickly as she looked and paused hearing Fjorm.

U0D5Tdu.jpg

Lucina tried to shove her mother aside as she quickly crawled through her Kiran's cloak. She yanked the tip of her lance out of the coat as she took a few deep breathes and let out a scream shoving it into her eye. "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" She cried out as she quickly would yank the pulsing eye out and holding her face in pain bleeding. The eye would phase out as if not there and a rift would open dropping random items out.

She tensed up as she saw parts from her home rip into here above. As the urn of her dad fell she tensed up jumping to catch it. "DAD!" She trembled as she felt the rift die out and snapped, "YOU HAPPY MOM....ITS GONE THE DAMN THING IS GONE!" She trembled as she realized her mom was really really crying. "Mom.." She stood up gritting her teeth crying in pain. She would limp over as her face hurt more. "Here.....I....dad...I got him.." She hands the urn to her mother and looks over to FJorm, "I...I heard you...talk about what Kiran would want....I...its done....I can't go if I dont have that mark on me...at least I dont think I..." She would start to feel woozy from the blood loss as she fell against her mother. She would pause and mutter, "It...its really my mom...not an alternate line...or world..but...mom..." She trembled, "how many fights about cleaning my room....I know I probably asked before but how many....."

Back
Top Bottom