Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

>.< Speaker troubles.

Sanguis Innocentium

Super-Earth
Meh, Like the title says, I'm having speaker troubles. See, I have Window's Vista, and my speakers have been working fine up until a few minutes ago. See, It's never been a big issue. Well, now whenever I try and play a video, no audio. Put yet it plays music on my Windows Media player. And I've right clicked on the speaker icon and the thing labeled "Google Chrome" is turned all the way up. I dunno what to do D:

Check if they're plugged in.

Try headphones to see if the problem is with the speakers and not the computer its self.

Right there is two simple suggestions. :3 If you eliminate those possibilities, you can go onto figuring out what steps you have to take next.

If it's with the speakers itself wouldn't it affect my WMP as well? And I'm on a lap top so unplugging them isn't an option though a good one if I were on a desktop. They were working fine yesterday and earlier today because I was watching a video then Poof. I play a video posted on here and no sound.

Sanguis Innocentium said:
If it's with the speakers itself wouldn't it affect my WMP as well? And I'm on a lap top so unplugging them isn't an option though a good one if I were on a desktop. They were working fine yesterday and earlier today because I was watching a video then Poof. I play a video posted on here and no sound.
I was only half paying attention, sorry bout that.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ehow.com/how_5997730_reinstall-laptop-speakers.html">http://www.ehow.com/how_5997730_reinsta ... akers.html</a><!-- m -->

Try this, it's on reinstalling your speaker drivers and such. It's worth a shot!

Try uninstalling Google Chrome and anything Google.

Download VLC for Fistya, run video. See if that works.

You haven't mentioned using other media players.

WMP always lacks codecs and has been totally unreliable for me for several years.

That's the weird thing, everything else plays sound just fine. I even have Mozilla firefox and I had one video up on here, Google Chrome, and I had up on Mozilla firefox. Only the video on Mozilla firefox was playing videos. I could try uninstalling it then reinstalling it and see if that works.

Update: Okay, I did as was suggested and uninstalled Google Chrome. Still, the problem persists. It absolutely REFUSES to play sounds, even though Mozilla Firefox, when on the exact same video, plays the sounds and everything. There isn't a problem with my speakers. Hell, I even started hooking up actual desktop speakers to my lap top and it still refuses to sound anything. I have no idea what else to do.
Scratch that: the problem is fixed. All I did was uninstall my speaker program, restart, then install it again and Google is now playing sounds again. Thank you all that suggested what I should do and I really appreciate your help!!

Yeah, mine came with one when I installed the 5.1 surround sound diver as it's onboard for me. It's crap and isn't anything useful, but it allows me to better configure my speakers when I need to than using XP's speaker configuration.

Glad you got it working, SI.

Back
Top Bottom