Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To See A World [midnite_runXLunarCinnamon]

Tane is already digging into her bowl, wolfing it down in her characteristically ravenous manner; she's a mighty woman and eats in proportion. She's ready to get up and fill up her bowl when she looks up and notices Gwendolyn. She's frozen mid-bite as she lays eyes upon her; the dress flows behind her in trails, dancing with the breee. The neckline plunges just enough to frame her cleavage, a slice of soft tan skin that Tane can imagine pressing her face into. A blush lights up her face as Tane realizes she's been gawking shamelessly, hiding her face behind her mug, downing half of it in a single continous gulp. "N-No! I saved the spot for you actually.....," Tane replies, her voice trailing off a bit as she moves to make space for her.

"Good morning you, too," Tane returns rather dumbly, still caught in the throes of her heartthrobbing. It's almost comical, the constant give and take of attraction that had come to define an aspect of their friendship. While she feels more relaxed around Gwendolyn overall, there is still that vein of desire, always thrumming loudly. Her inability to not notice the smallest of details, from a stray lock of hair to the way she occasionally pursed her soft lips. It's all hyper visible to Tane, a small detail she wishes she could appreciate in greater detail without running the risk of creeping Gwendolyn out.

"You look wonderful today, Gwen. I-I mean, you always do, just...you know....," Tane bumbles over her words like a loves-struck schoolgirl and curses herself; as if she hadn't spoken to and even bedded numerous women to this point. Why was it one shy princess was all it took to reduce her to a babbling child, stumbling over every syllable? "You look amazing."

She's desparate to change the subject, if not to bury her embarassment. "Are you excited for the trip? We should make it to Evergreen by the evening," Tane begins as she gulps down the rest of her mug, sighing in content at the sweet tart of fresh apples. "We'll likely only have a few hours before we move right into the festival. It won't be the main one, mind, just a greeting festival, a small party of sorts. You'll meet a few dignitaries, probably get a small tour of the castle. I'm sure you're used to this song and dance, already." From what little experience she has in royal matters, the formalities were always the worst. All meaningless and face value, feigned smiles and thinly veiled digs at rival royals. Despite her quickly growing fondness for Gwendolyn, Tane typically had a middling opinion of royalty; she had met some genuinely kind nobility, but a large majority of them seemed like decadent and selfish fools.

"I know I mentioned it before, but, I do know my way around Evegreen. So maybe once we're done," Tane begins as she leans in closer to Gwendolyn, whispering into her ear. It was mostly for show; she doubted anyone could truly hear them from this distance. "I can show you the good spots. We get you into some less....noble-y clothes and maybe we can hit the tavern. See the real people, you know?" Tane knows the royal family would disapprove, but in her eyes, the job of a Royal Arm was to also be a guide for their charge. How could Gwendolyn truly learn about the people she would govern if all her experience was simply other nobles?

Gwen feels an uncharacteristic confidence swell in her chest as Tane takes her in, eyes roaming her form. Any other day she might be embarrassed but, to see that she had reduced this woman to a stuttering, blushing mess? Something about it left Gwendolyn feeling as if she could take on the world. She sat down next to Tane, running her hands over her bottom to make sure the dress didn't hike up or get wrinkled but, it was also mostly for show. She turned to Tane with a smile behind her mug of juice.

"Thank you," she said quietly, looking Tane over pointedly, "you look handsome today as well". She notes the light sheen of sweat on her arms.. had she been working on something? It takes her a moment to notice that there were more people eating breakfast than there should be at this point in the morning. She must have been helping to load up the crates and luggage. Gwendolyn found herself distracted wondering how many of those heavy things she could lift at once.

Tane's voice broke her out of her distracted, the Princess nodding her head. Yes, yes... she knew very well of the duties expected of her. It would be nice to see a new town though, perhaps she shouldn't be too displeased with everything, it was sure to show when she arrived. That wouldn't look good. So instead, she promised herself to be good, to go through her duties as expected... be courteous and kind, just like she was taught to be. Easy enough.

She was lost in her thoughts, sipping away at her juice until Tane leaned in toward her. Gwen turned just slightly in surprise, their faces closer together than ever as the orcish woman whispered in her ear. Gwen's mouth went dry, her heart racing in her chest as she listened. The slowest, most agonizing shiver ran up her back, leaving goosebumps on her arm. Gwendolyn felt like her chest was about to burst, she was sure that Tane could hear her heart pounding between her lungs, she was sure she noticed the catch in her breath.

As Tane leaned away a little, Gwen turned to meet her eye, a bashful smile on her lips as she put all her effort into remaining calm and collected. She supposed this was actually decent practice for dealing with the crowds of people, even if, well... the meanings for her anxieties were different.

"Scandalous," she giggled, "as long as you're prepared to carry me home," she joked, eating a spoonful of her breakfast before leaning in close to Tane in return. She looked up to her, mischief in her eye, "and what are the best spots in Evergreen?"

"Handsome, you say? Even while I'm sweating like a damn farm animal? You have peculiar tastes, my lady," Tane jokes, nudging Gwen affectionately with her shoulder as she cleans up the remains of her breakfast from the bowl. Though she plays it off with a sly joke, Tane feels butterflies in her toned stomach, wanting to hear Gwen compliment her again. She shyly tucks a loose strand of her wavy hair behind her ear, smiling almost smugly in the afterglow of praise.

Gwendolyn leans in close and Tane finds herself focusing on just how green her eyes were, bright pools of emerald. "Well, I would love to carry you. It's my favorite part of the day. Aye, I would carry you to Evergeen on my back alone, if your handmaidens would let me do so," Tane replies as she beckons over one of the soldiers to take her bowl back for a refill. The orc places a single finger on her chin, making a comical show out of brainstorming spots for them to visit. Evergeen is small and quaint, hardly anything close to the tourist spot that Crownmont was, but there were a few choice things, to those who are in the know.

"Just a few. Evergreen has an absolutely fantastic tavern. They serve a whiskey, aye, it's the strongest stuff I've ever had. You can only get it in Evergreen and they only serve it in small glasses, but, it's an experience any traveler worth their salt should have. First time I had it, it put me flat on my ass." Tane fondly remembers their first time drinking it. Briar had come along for the ride and was out like a light after just the first shot. Tane's physiology managed to help her take three, but it wasn't long after she blacked out. The next thing she remembered, she woke up in an alleyway wtih an empty coin purse and a woman's undergarments wrapped around her neck. Considering Gwen's size and tolerance, it seemed likely she would have to settle for half a shot.

"Then, of course, the bar has a contest of strength in the field out back. The usual nonsense. Rock-tossing, arm-wrestling and push up contests. The key is, everyone is piss drunk. Winners get a bottle of Evergreen ale with their name on it. You're looking at last year's champion," she says confidently, as they flex dramatically, their brawny arms seemingly as thick as a man's leg. "Hell, maybe you could compete! Give the ole' rock-toss a shot. I could train you." Tane winks and strikes another flexing pose,

"Perhaps I do," Gwen smiled in return to Tane's comment, taking a bite of her breakfast, humming to herself at the taste. It was refreshing to eat something that wasn't just fresh fruit in the morning. "Your favourite part of the day? I suppose you have carried me twice already, hm?" That was embarrassing, Gwen thought. But... it wasn't that she didn't enjoy it. She'd do anything to have Tane grab her in her arms for even a moment again. She felt protected there; warm.

"Whiskey?" Gwen said incredulously. She had never tried whiskey before, and from the sounds of it, it seemed more moonshine than a smooth whiskey. Gwen laughed as Tane spoke, shaking her head. She couldn't even imagine Tane drunk enough that she couldn't walk straight, let alone completely blacked out. That must be some strong liquor. Gwen found herself curious to try it, at least to taste it.

She took a bite of her food, almost done but continuously distracted by Tane's glowing retelling of her travels. Everything about her was so fascinating, from her looks to her mind to the life she'd lived. Gwendolyn wanted to know all of her. She watched her, eyes not falling from her face for a moment as she spoke about the contest of strength, leaving the little Princess in a fit of giggles as she shook her head, "oh no! I don't think I could toss a rock far enough to not embarrass myself. Maybe arm-wrestling though," she thought, genuinely considering it.

Gwendolyn could sit here all day and listen to Tane speak. She hung off every word, loving the way she made her laugh, how she explained things, how she wasn't afraid to swear in front of her. She treated her like... well, another person, unlike the company she kept most of the time. It was nice, it made her feel seen. And the way she listened to her, too, when she spoke of things. It was like she'd longed for a connection like this her whole life. Now, it was finally at her doorstep.

As the soldier Tane had asked to refill her bowl returned, Gwen waved him over and asked the same, finishing off her juice as he cautiously took her bowl and nodded his head, doing as she'd asked. Gwendolyn was famished today, and they likely wouldn't get much of a break, if any, between here and Evergreen if they wanted to make it before nightfall. So, she figured she'd have seconds.

Gwen wondered quietly just how many push-ups Tane did to win. How far she threw that rock. How quickly she bested the other men in arm wrestling. Such mannish things, and yet somehow they fascinated her. Usually she would be bored to tears by the men she knew talking of their brawn but, for some reason when it was Tane? When she caught the sight of her doing anything physically straining, she was absolutely intrigued, especially as she flexed. Gwendolyn smiled, cheeks pink as she looked up at her arms, massive biceps on display proudly and without any shame. Gwen looked at her own arms, flexing them in similar fashion.

Surprisingly, she was quite strong for her size. "I know archery and a bit of sword fighting! Although, mine aren't nearly as impressive as yours," she said, referring to her muscles. She hadn't had much time to practice such things in the year leading up to the trip so, what muscle she did have now was just remnants of what she used to have. She was never very muscular of course but, she had been decently toned at a time, showing the physical power it took to draw back the string of her bow or to swing her sword.

Tane knows she's been rambling, talking on and one; it's a stark difference to her usual stoic manner. Most people know her as a brooding enforcer, content to stand in the back and yawn in boredom until her services were needed. There was no one she talked to at length aside from her mother and Briar. Until now, they were the only two who could make her smile. Now, she has Gwendolyn. She cherishes the way her eyes light up and she giggles in soft fits, the way she purses her lips in surprise and joy. Tane would find herself sinking into her company, her hands moving in expressive and nonsensical circles.

"Don't count yourself out, Gwen. Most men are only half as strong as they look. They preen themselves and boast of feats, but they crumple like paper dolls when you put them to task," Tane says with a roll of her eyes, recalling every time she was challenged by a trumped up fool with more meat than sense. Very few men were content with the idea of being smaller than a woman and Tane was usually heads taller than most. "My size serves as a challenge to them. God forbid they hear tales of my....sword. Then, comes the accusations of my gender." There is a dour tone in her voice and her face flashes with displeasure. She's usually able to shrug these insults off as insecure men, but on occasion, they hit home.

"It matters not," Tane suddenly says, attempting to wave away the moment with an air of bravado. "I usualy come out on top and they're quick to run home with their tail between their legs." The orc leans forward and chugs her apple juice, some of it spilling down her chin and into the cleavage of her sleeveless top. She wipes the stray juice off her chin with the back of her hand and sighs in content; a sign that Tane was growing fond of someone was her willingness to be a little less than lady like.

"Ohh, it appears my dear lady is a fit lass all her own," Tane jokes as she raises her eyebrows at Gwen's arms; there was a degree of toning there, at least one that implied she had done her share of work at a point. Tane takes one of Gwen's arms, making a show of inspecting it the way a jeweler would inspect a priceless jewel. She makes humming noises and mumurs affirmations, as if she sees something nobody else could.

"Honestly, I could teach you. Nothing too advanced, mind, but some swordplay fundamentals. No queen of mine will be a damsel in distress." Tane is wholly serious about this endeavor. She would take any opportunity to empower or pass on whatever skills she had to other women; this world was not kind to them and she would not stand idly by and let it chew them up without a fight. This counted doubly for Gwendolyn. It wouldn't hurt to give her some basic conditioning, if not to harden her for the journey ahead.

Tane inspects the rest of Gwen's arm, stopping at her hands. She's taken by how dainty they are, perfect nails and soft palms. They're miniscule in Tane's palms, calloused from holding the rough hilt of a sword. She intertwines her fingers with hers, not entirely aware of strange this might be to Gwen. "You have beautiful hands, milady. Almost makes me jealous."

Gwendolyn had luckily yet to encounter anyone who might question Tane's womanhood, though it was plain as day that it happened often enough. She frowned at the mention of it, wanting to reassure her friend, for some reason wanting her to know exactly how she felt, that she didn't see it as a shortcoming, she saw it as a uniqueness. Unique to Tane, proof of her heritage. But, Tane was quick to change the subject, her confidence reappearing almost as quickly as it had wavered. Gwen watched her drink back her juice, her eye honing in on the droplets that dripped down her chin, running down her chest to disappear beneath the neckline of her shirt. Gwen found herself growing thirsty at the display, though she wasn't entirely sure that another mug of juice would quench her.

Gwen is quickly distracted by Tane taking her arms in her massive hands. She felt like a mouse beneath the gentle touch of a giant. She knows Tane is joking but, there's a slight seriousness to her actions that makes Gwendolyn feel... very nice.

"Really?" she asked, surprised and intrigued, laughing at Tane's word choice, "I'm not yet a Queen, hopefully not for a while after I get back but... that would be nice..."

She mused quietly about the fun they could have, what she could show Tane she already knew, how she could improve upon her skillset. She loved to learn, loved to be taught, loved to put her skills to use. And what better time to learn how to properly use a sword than while on the road? She's taken from her ramblings by Tane taking her hands in her own, interlocking their fingers. Her words fall short, and she's stark still as she looks up at her Royal Arm, taking in her words as if under water, hearing them muffled behind the sound of her heart racing in her ears. She did not think it strange, in fact she thought that it wasn't fair. How could she reduce her to this... this puddle, right in front of everyone! And so easily at that? She'd put years of practice in to appearing calm and collected, all for it to so quickly be reduced to ashes by a single woman... a single woman whose hands eclipsed hers. A single woman whose hands were so warm they felt like a campfire.

Gwen shook her head, "yours are lovely. A working woman's hands. There's nothing more noble than that," she said quietly, her eyes flicking for the briefest moment to Tane tusk framed lips, then back to her crimson eyes.

"Milady, your breakfast," the interruption had Gwen whipping her head around, looking to the soldier who stood above her, bowl in hand before he handed it to her. She gave him her thanks, holding it in her hands. Somehow, Tane's hands were warmer than the outside of the bowl.

Tane is still unaware of just how embarassing her actions may be; there's a calmness in this moment where she compares their two hands. Both radically different in shape, color and condition. Tane swears she can feel Gwen's heartbeat through the tips of her fingers, like bridging a connection between the two. When Gwendolyn compliments her, they both lock eyes and there's the briefest of moments where Tane feels on the edge of something, like she has something to say, that needs to be said, but it's just at the tip of her tongue. She opens her mouth to speak when the silence is broken by the arrival of Gwen's breakfast. Their handholding ceases and Tane feels something like longing in her heart, but she leaves it be. Gwendolyn could do better than to have her bodyguard embarassing her in broad day light.

"Ah, yes, I misspoke. You're no queen yet, but I cannot imagine anyone more suited," Tane replies, turning to her food. It's slowly growing cold, so she tucks in, shoveling it into her mouth. She pauses, not wanting to speak with a full mouth. "You have a.....charm. Or a light. Of sorts. You make people feel at ease. You make me feel at ease. I don't know shit about royalty, but I know if someone should rule, I'd rather it be someone like you." Tane means this from the bottom of her heart; she's seen to many kings and queens who cared little for those around them, greedily squeezing them for everything they had. Gwendolyn wasn't a queen yet, but Tane has no doubt that she could grow to be a good one. That was all this journey was for; in a way, Tane's responsibility is even greater than she realized intially. "Just, whenever you do become queen, don't forget about me." Tane smiles at Tane, her red eyes suffused with a gentleness and fondness.

"I don't mean to interrupt, but," Briar speaks up, having walked up to them mid conversation. He's fully dressed, one arm resting at the longsword on his hip. He smiles smugly, looking between the both of them, His face is expectant, as if he expects a show. "The convoy is stocked and ready, tents are taken down and packed. We leave at your order, sister."

Tane sighs and nods, placing her bowl down and rising up from the rock. "Aye, let's get this show started then. Men! Get off your asses and mount up! If I don't see horses in the next five minutes, I'll have you eating breakfast off the ground," Tane barks loudly, causing most of them to jump and scrambling towards their horses. Briar chuckles and goes off to lead the convoy, directing the men into proper formations. Servants begin to pile up all their supplies, others cleaning the dishes in the river as quickly as possible.

"Looks like we ride together again. Would you like to tell me stories your time in the castle? I'd love to hear more about....you. Anything and everything." Tane smiles as she holds out a hand.

Gwen finds herself missing Tane's touch more than she thought possible. She distracted herself, still starving, as she ate her food as fast as she could without scarfing it down. She listened at Tane spoke, looking up at her as she swallowed a mouthful, blushing the whole time as Tane showered her in compliments. She certainly had a way with words, almost poetic sometimes, or at the very least very well spoken. Gwen smiled up at her, waving her hand, going to brush off the compliments until Tane asked a very simple request of her.

Her eyes were filled with a kindness Gwen was growing used to seeing, but one that spoke volumes as to what was stirring beyond them. Gwendolyn shook her head, placing her empty bowl in her lap as she looked up at her, searching her expression, "how could I ever forget you?" she said quietly, just loud enough for Tane to hear. It had been on her mind, it hadn't been something she'd meant to say aloud but, it took everything in her not to and everything hadn't been enough. She simply had to say it, had to ask. How could it be possible to forget this woman? This warrior? Her Royal Arm, her new friend? The woman who, whether she would ever know it or not, Gwendolyn looked up to already. So openly herself, so unique... Gwen hoped one day she could be the same. Unashamed. Bold. Kind.

She had much to learn from her Royal Arm, her Knight perhaps.

She didn't get a moment longer to say much of anything else though, Briar interrupting them. It was time to go. Back onto the path, headed for Evergreen. If they didn't leave now they'd have to set up camp again tonight. So, Gwen's bowl was taken from her, and her mug as well. She smiled up at Briar, bowing her head in his direction before turning back to Tane, watching her rise. As she barked out her orders, Gwendolyn watched in silent admiration.

As she was offered a hand, the little red head happily took it, "thank you, Miss D'Orthall".

She stood gracefully, taking her hand back when she was steady before brushing herself off and making her way to the carriage, a little extra swing in her hips as she walked, "I have many stories, you'll have to be more specific," she joked over her shoulder, folding her hands behind her back. "Did you want to know about the time I dropped a tray of breakfast all over my mother or the time I scared one of the kitchen maids so badly she had to go on bed rest for a week?"

Tane wonders if Gwen knows the effect she has on her; the orc has to rally her focus on Gwen's words and not the subtle swing of her hips. She sighs and decides that, whatever happened between them, as long as it meant that she could stand by Gwen's side, it would suffice. For so long, Tane had no idea why she did this, why she fought. To survive, at first. Support her mother, but soon Tane found herself fighting simply for the sake of fighting. It didn't occur to her that she longed for a purpose, someone she would raise her shield for. Something to protect. Here it was, trailing hair bright like fire in the morning sun and a smile could keep her warm on so many cold nights.

"Aye, is there a crueler fate than making me choose?" Tane replies with a chuckle, following behind Gwen, standing next to the much smaller woman. "Let us start with kitchen maid. I'm curious to see if you're actually scarier than you look." They would climb into the carriage and make their way to Evergreen, sharing stories. Sharing small moments and smiles, creating memories to cherish for all the days to come.

They talk long into the early evening, barely noticing how much time has passed since they left camp. It's not long before they're at the gates of Evergeen, guards inspecting the convoy and letting them through the gates. As the convoy arrives at the royal estate, Briar pokes his head into the main carriage where Tane and Gwendolyn talk excitedly, both of them with the brightest of smiles. He almost feels terrrible breaking it up, the same gulit one feels when they found they've stepped onto an exceptionally beautifully flower. "We've arrived and they're awaiting your presence. Do try to put on your best smiles, hm?" Briar says, cutting into the chat. Tane feels a twinge of annoyance; not at Briar, but at the fact their trip was already over. Tane readjusts her ceremonial armor, fiddling with the sash around her waist, dark red with gold trimmings.

"Well, let us go and greet them, shall we?" Tane says as she takes Gwen's hand and leads her out the carriage. Evergreen was a relatively small town that earned it's namesake in spades. Their trees loomed tall and bright, each leaf a vibrant emerald. Vines grew through the streets and around buildings. The royal estate was modest in comparison to Gwendolyn's, but a sight in of itself, it's architecture perfectly built around the forest surrounding it, giving the impression of a family that learned to live in perfect harmony with nature.

"Ah, the guests of honor have arrived! Honey, come quick, come!" An exceptionally tall woman approaches them, her hands outstretched as if she would greet them with a hug. Her face is sharp, high cheekbones and piercing eyes. Her hair is raven-black, dark as Tane's, and falls about her shoulders. Her dress is extravagant, a combination of green and gold and form-fitting to her curves. Her husband follows shortly after, downright diminutive in comparison to his wife. He's the more portly of the two and his dark-brown hair is slicked back. A pair gold rimmed glasses perched upon his nose and wearing a suit of a similar color scheme to his wife.

"Yes, Morgana, I see them. Welcome to the town of Evergreen, Princess Gwendolyn. I am Maldur, king of this quaint little slice of your kingdom. You have met my wife, Morgana," he greets them both in a suave and cloying voice, a hint of haughtiness amongst his tone. He measures up Gwendolyn, as if searching for some royal markerts that only he could spot. Nodding faintly, his eyes then switch to Tane. They widen ever so slightly, having to crane up his neck to look the titanic woman in the eyes. "You must be her Royal Arm, I see. It would seem as if you've snagged yourself a big one, hm?"

Tane crinkles her nose at his tone. He spoke as if Gwendolyn had acquired Tane the way one would acquire a new cow. For the sake of diplomacy, she nods and thanks him, opting to keep quiet. Off to the side Morgana is eyeing Tane up, her look less judgemental and more admiring, bordering on lustful.

"So, my lady," Maldur begins as he turns towards Gwendolyn. "Would you like to begin the tour of the premises? I'm sure it pales in comparison to your own palace, but I believe you will enjoy it nonetheless."

Gwen is all the more happy to tell her as much as she can but, starting with the kitchen maid would suffice.

As the trip went on, Gwendolyn found herself growing more and more comfortable in Tane's presence, the both of them all laughs and giggles as the sun went over head. By the time they'd made it to Evergreen, as the moon began to rise, Gwen had exhausted herself speaking about her childhood. She spoke of the kitchen maid of course, hiding in the cupboards early in the morning when she was meant to be asleep before jumping out and scaring the poor woman half to death. She lived, fortunately but, being an older woman, she wasn't able to work for a while. Gwendolyn received a pretty decent scolding for that.

By the time she was finished with her stories, Tane would have had the inkling that Gwendolyn was a bit of a wild child, always getting into trouble, causing mischief. She'd grown up to be quite the level-headed, collected woman but, that little spark of childlike play came out every once in a while.

As the carriage began to slow, Gwendolyn took her eyes away from Tane for the first time in an hour, looking out the window to view the towering pines, "wow..." she whispered, completely captivated. It was such a different but familiar sight to the view from her bedroom window. Her amazement was cut short though as they approached the gates, Briar poking his nose into the conversation, interrupting to let them know they had arrived. Gwen smiled up at him, turning to Tane with an excited smile, almost jumping in her seat.

When they finally arrive at the doorstep of the nobility of Evergreen, Gwendolyn nearly jumps out of the carriage herself but, she allows Tane to exit first, calming herself in the meantime and taking her guards hand and stepping out. Instantly, she caught sight of Morgana. She seemed familiar enough, she was sure she'd met her and her husband at a ball or two before. At the very least, she knew hers and her husbands names.

Gwen bowed her head, stepping toward them as she curtsied, common courtesy. "It's an honor to see you again, my lady. Sir".

She lifted her head as he turned to Tane, the way he spoke putting her on edge as she caught his eye, furrowing her brow just slightly, "I... yes. She proved herself in the trial, and has proven herself thus far to be an excellent Royal Arm. I couldn't be any luckier". Gwendolyn is hyper aware in situations like these, and she's quick to shoot Morgana a look. The woman seems thoroughly preoccupied though, and it's making Gwendolyn feel very... possessive. Subconsciously, she steps a little closer to Tane as Maldur begins to speak once more.

Gwendolyn is quick to change her demeanor, as if flipping a switch. She stands up a little straighter, her smile a little brighter as she nods her head in thanks, "Please," she says, holding up a hand, "there's no need to sell yourself short. From what I have seen already, you have quite the beautiful town here. I cannot wait to see your home. So, after you, Sir".

Gwen turns to Tane after the man begins to lead her back to the castle, or more so a manor really. She has half a mind to roll her eyes but, she's far too professional for that so instead, she simply purses her lips, looking to Tane hoping to get the feeling across. It was going to be a long night before she could get some sleep.

Tane feels an immense pride at Gwen defends her. Tane knows that the world of nobility was one of carefully chosen words and thinly veiled insults. Despite the air naievete that Gwen can radiate, she is, in fact, quite shrewd. She steps forward and asserts herself, carrying herself with pride and grace. Tane smiles smugly and stands a bit straighter, proud of her companion. Maldur gives a small huff and nods, clearly somewhat shook by Gwendolyn's swift and decisive defense of Tane's honor. "Ah, yes. I suppose she has proven herself," Maldur says in agreement, attempting to hide his mildly wounded pride.

"Yes, dear, I mean look at her," Morgana chimes in with a slight purr to her voice, moving closer and waving her arms at Tane, as if presenting a fabulous prize to a crowd. "I heard the rumors, but gods, to see a half-orc in person. Tell me, how many men have you fallen with that sword of yours?" Her desire, or what seemed like it, was surprisingly naked. Tane almost expects Maldur to demand Tane stand outside, but he takes his wife's fawning in stride.

"I make a policy not to count, milady. Would it suffice to say quite a lot?" Tane replies with a hint of terseness in her voice; this is hardly the first time someone has shown such an interest in her body. In all honesty, it has worked quite well in her favor, especially in regards to romance. Yet, this did not fill her with anything but an unease. The entire time, she thinks that she would much rather have Gwendolyn's praise, that she prefers her affectionate gaze through silky eyelashes. This simply felt predatory and it made Tane somewhat nauseous. Gwen shoots a look at Tane and it speaks a thousand words; the half-orc is relieved to know she finds this as insufferable as Tane does. Tane mouths a silent "Thank you" and joins them, following behind Maldur.

The tour is plodding and mind-numbing. Through each room, Maldur goes into painstaking oral histories, talking of his ancestory who built these walls. It's all posture, swagger and bluster that drives Tane insane. The minutes feel like they drag into hours; between Maldur's droning and Morgana's eager attempts at ingratiating herself to Tane, the warrior contemplates whether it would be rude for her to simply leap out a window.

Maldur is in the middle of a long-winded recounting of his great-grandfather, as he stands before an immaculate marble sculpture of said grandfather, before one the house's maids politely interjects. It appeared the kitchen's cooks needed his opinion on a dish to be served at tonite's festival. Maldur barely conceals his annoyance and nods firmly, shooing the servant away before turning towards Tane and Gwendolyn. "It would appear me and my wife are needed. Busy work, preparing for tonight's fear. Make yourselves at home, I'll have the servants move your things into the estate," Maldur says with a curt bow, beckoning his wife to come with him. Morgana leaves with him, winking cheekily at Tane as they make their way out of the room.

"Gods, I'm going to fall on my own blade at this rate," Tane growls as soon as she's sure they're out of earshot. "I cannot fathom how you managed to stay sane, dealing with this kind of jack-ass." The composed stature of a royal knight falls away and leaves a throughly annoyed orc in it's wake, pinching the bridge of her nose as she feels a headache creep up on her.

Gwendolyn had, unfortunately, been through this whole song and dance before. Carefully picked words, mannerism, and politeness even in the face of obvious rudeness or sexual predation was, again unfortunately, her life as a Princess. She couldn't show how truly annoyed she was by these people. She couldn't tell them off in a way that didn't silently knock them down. It was completely unsatisfying, but at the same time she was used to it. Now what she wasn't used to was the odd feeling rolling around inside her gut every time she caught Morgana staring at Tane, or making comments under her breath. Especially, right now, as she practically showed her off to her husband, talked her up as if she were a possession that Gwen was looking to sell? It made her sick to her stomach.

Gwendolyn made it a point to stay as close to Tane as she could, finding herself wishing they'd be done with the tour the moment it started.

She feigned interest quite well though, well enough that her hosts hadn't a clue she wasn't paying attention. She repeated certain things, asked certain questions, laughed at certain times... she was genuinely intrigued by the architecture. So different from her own castle walls but, she was more so interested in how it was done. Not who did it. And that was essentially, all she was getting.

With a near audible sigh of relief at the maid's interjection, Gwen turned to Maldur with feigned disappointment, "oh dear, well it wouldn't be proper to keep them waiting. I look forward to the feast, I'm sure it will be lovely. Thank you Sir Maldur, Lady Morgana," Gwen curtsied as they left, waiting until they were far enough away not to hear her before bursting into a fit of giggles at Tane's comments.

"I have a lot more practice than you do. I grew up doing this, I suppose it just comes as second nature," she shrugged, making her way over to a tall window and looking out. She thought for a moment, looking to Tane and smiling, just enough for the dimple in her cheek to make it's routine appearance. "But, I don't have to do it the whole time I'm here. I really am thankful for you, Tane. I can't wait to see what's out there beyond all this pretending and polite society c... crap," she stuttered over the word as she whispered it, very clearly not used to saying it but, wanting to use it nonetheless. What other way could she put it? It was all for show, Gwen knew that better than anyone, being in the belly of it her whole life. She knew how extravagant people could get as a means to stroke their own egos.

"Perhaps I am a little insane though, having to do it. Or at least, I think I'm going to be if I have to watch Sir Maldur's wife oogle over you any longer," Gwen clicked her tongue, obviously irritated, "and in front of her husband? What a vile lack of class. I'm sorry you have to deal with her".

"Crap? Look at you with the sailor mouth," Tane says with a chuckle, walking over to join Gwendolyn at the window. From the vantage, one could get a sweeping view of Evergeen. Townsfolk make their way down the streets amongst horse-drawn carts. Kids play recklessly in the cobbled streets, kicking about a ball and screaming all the while. Despite the displeasure of it's nobility, Tane was very fond of Evergreen; it had a tranquil quality, as if one could spend the rest of their days here without worries. The orc had considered moving here for an extended vacation."Worry not, my lady. Think of this as merely a gauntlet we must brave so that we can get to the real festivities," Tane says with a wiggling of her eyebrows; there is a palpable excitement radiating off of her. She's eager to steal Gwen away from this fake society, full of preening fools who were more concerned with showing off how many paintings they owned.

"Ah, yes. Morgan is......something," Tane says bluntly, her disgust practically dripping off of her words. "She's not the first to ogle me like that. Likely far from the last, but, so shamelessly." Tane's voice trails off, feeling shame on her skin. She feels like as if she's whining; who could emphasize with someone complaining about earning the gaze of a beautiful and wealthy woman. Normally, she wouldn't, but this was different. This was more than lust; it was objectification, breaking her down into mere components, like she was meat on a stick. An animal to be appraised. It boils Tane's blood and she clenches her fists into her palms, enough that it nearly draws blood. The woman takes a deep breath, attempts to calm her nerves; it wouldn't do to have Gwen's Royal Arm losing her temper over something trivial.

Tane turns to Gwendolyn; the evening sun is an orange bronze, filtered through green of the trees. It dapples Gwen's tanned skin, giving it an etheral quality. A woman of gold with a head of fire, crowned in flame. In spite of the easier nature of their relationship, these moments remain. Moments where Tane finds herself utterly taken aback by just how breathtaking Gwendolyn could be, even when she was idly staring out the window. It was her gaze she wanted, it was her ogling she wanted. "You are doing wonderfully, my lady," Tane says, attempting to quell her fantasies. "I.....admire you. Truly. I have always had problems controlling my anger. Watching my words. You, however, you are able to navigate this all with grace and poise. It makes feel inaquate sometimes, I admit."

Gwendolyn turned to Tane as she spoke, the Princess clearly fuming on her own. It would do her no good to get mad on Tane's behalf though, lest she embarrass her or herself. Unfortunately, in situations like these, Gwen knew it was best to just... grin and bear it. She wished it wasn't like this, but it simply was, and for now? There was not much to be done about it, at least not by her. Not yet.

"We all have our strengths, Tane. Perhaps it's hard to control your temper but, you do an excellent job of using it to lead your men, from what I have seen so far. That's important in your line of work, just as holding my temper is important in mine".

Gwen smiles up at her, noting the evening sun dancing its rays between locks of her raven hair, how the light hit her crimson eyes. She really was quite handsome, especially in her armor. Gwendolyn found herself staring, though quickly turned away when she caught Tane's eye.

"And please, sailors mouth..." Gwen giggles, "I could not have stuttered over that worse if I tried".

Her eyes fall back out the window, eyeing the cobbles streets below, the glow of the street lights as the wicks and oil are lit for the night. She's absolutely captivated by the bustling about of the commoners below. She catches sight of a particularly high traffic building, pointing to it with a smile, "is that the famous tavern you were talking about?"

"Aye, that would be it," Tane confirms, pointing just above the crowd to the tavern; it looks rather shabby from the outside. A battered sign swings awkardly in the breeze and vines grow all around the building, as if they seeked to drag it back down into the earth with it. Instead, it simply stood in harmony, giving the tavern an earthy charm. "It usually gets guests throughout the day. Adventurers and sellswords and the like. It won't really pick up until later tonite. That's when we'll have our fun, hm?" Tane grins widely, barely able to contain her excitement; it would do them both wonders to shrug off the responsibility of their journey and down into the mud with the commoners. Gods knew it was a far deal better than the repetitive ordeal they were being put through right now.

As if right on cue, Maldur arrives, both his hands clasped behind his back and eyeing the two of them suspiciously; their closeness seems stranger for what simply to be a princess and her bodyguard. He coughs, rather loudly, announcing himself. "I do hope I'm not interrupting anything," Maldur begins, raising his eyebrows in an aggravating mixture of haughtiness and curiosity. "The servants have loaded everything into your rooms. If you don't mind, I can show you the way." Tane rubs the back of her head nervously, cursing her pale skin for how obvious it makes her blush.

"Right, yes. Lead the way, my lord," Tane replies sheepishly, standing up straight. She's relieved to see Morgana has not accompanied them; the orc isn't sure if they could tolerate any more of her behavior. Maldur nods and leads the way, taking them through a winding series of stairs and corridors. They pass by more statues and lavish painting, ancestors depicted in vibrant water colors with dour expressions. They arrive at the guest room, framed with massive oak doors, the door knobs a burnished gold.

Opening the door, Maldur gives a bow and a flourish of the hand. The room is easily the fanciest accomodations Tane's had the pleasure of partaking in. The room is lavishly decorated from a massive lounge couch to a lovingly crafted hard-wood armoire. The most curious sight was two gigantic beds separated by a partition; in fact, the entire seemed as if it was one big room split into two separate ones. As if meant for two people.

"Lord Maldur, why exactly is there two beds?" Tane asks hesitantly, knowing the answer in the back of her head, but hoping it wasn't truth. Maldur looks at Tane curiously, cocking his head to the side as if she asked him whether the sun will rise in the morning. "Well, because there are two of you. You are her Royal Arm, are you not? We figured it convenient if you shared accomodations. This way you can answer her every beck and whim." The smug expression on his face implies that he thinks this a briliant idea. Tane simply feigns a satisfied smile, the right corner of her lip twitching every so slightly.

"Right, of course. How foolish of me. This is perfect sense, my lord," Tane replies through gritted teeth.

"Now, now, you two freshen up and get ready! The feast will be starting before you know it," Maldur says before leaving the two be to attend to the rest of the preparations.

"Certainly not, Tane and I were just enjoying the view," Gwen said, an innocent smile on her lips. They weren't doing anything against the rules by looking out a window. Not that there really were any rules. Gwendolyn found herself most confident dealing with those she deemed beneath her. For the most part, that tended toward royalty. So, where Tane was blushing, Gwendolyn was cool and calm. Had it been in front of Tane's men though? Those she viewed as equals and of course, strangers, she would have been bright red. But Lord Maldur didn't scare her.

Gwendolyn follows after closely, quietly. There's not much for her to say beyond empty compliments and she feels as though she's gotten them all out at this point. So, she holds her tongue, eyeing the portraits, the statues, the decoration and display of wealth and status. She enjoyed the outside of this castle far better. It's dark brick, the vines, the seemingly... abandoned look to it. It was almost magical. The inside however was the same, drab, overdone design. Oh well.

As they entered the room, Gwen looked it over with a small smile. It was rather large, two massive beds on one wall, vanities, wardrobes. It was quite the room, the massive windows overlooking the garden. Gwendolyn nodded her head, "this will do just fine," she said, turning to Lord Maldur with nod of her head, "thank you, my Lord, I enjoy how small and quaint it is".

She tacked the last bit on the end just to get a rise out of him, knock him down a peg. Her room back home was far bigger, and she could see through his need to have two beds. They likely just didn't have enough rooms. As far as Gwen was concerned, any room was fine, she didn't care much one way or the other but, it was still quite funny to see the man assume she or Tane should be impressed.

"Yes, yes, perfect sense. Thank you, Lord Maldur. We'll see you soon for the feast then?" she says, nodding her head when he answers her question, and then leaves. Finally, the two of them are alone to their thoughts. With each other.

"I wonder if this is how my father felt during his trip," Gwen mused, making her way through the room. She dragged her finger along the chest at the end of one of the bed, nose wrinkling at the thin layer of dust, "completely drained," she fell on the bed, bouncing on it a moment before settling.

"I'm still full from breakfast," she pouted, rolling over on her side to lounge on the bed as she looked to Tane, "maybe I shouldn't have had two bowls".

Tane hears Gwendolyn's comments but doesn't register them; they're practically white noise amidst the swirling of Tane's own. They had slept together before, yes, but both of them were piss drunk and barely cognizant. This would be different. Even if only for a few days, they would be sharing a room, the only thing separating them a partition. The orc sighs, almost amused at how many events recently seemed intent on sticking them in as many awkward situations as possible as if cosmic forces themselves would not rest until it saw them joined at the hip. Though, Tane figures, if there was any woman in the world they'd be stuck with, it would undoubtedly be Gwedolyn. "Aye, your father is a strong man. I wonder if he also contemplated wringing Maldur's neck dry," Tane says with a chuckle, unbuckling her sword and placing it by the bed. She decides to quell her childish worries; their friendship could weather a few glimpses of skin. Although, often Tane got the inkling that this relationship was beginning to surpass what one would call mere friendship.

She begins to undo her armor and toss it to the side, hitting the stone floor with a loud clang; for ceremonial armor, Tane had a way of treating it rather recklessly. She stripped down to her undergaments, her usual sleeveless top and trousers, kicking off the worn boots. The orc stretches out her limbs, sore and stiff from so much walking and standing. Tane leans to one side, loosening her hips. The black top rides up just a bit, exposing the half-orc's abs and some of her hip bones. A trail of ink-black hair leads down to her crotch, neatly trimmed. The knight is completely oblivious to the show she's granting Gwendolyn, simply enjoying the delight of being able to loosen her muscles.

Once she's finished, she strides over to the bed, sitting down on the other end of Gwen. The wooden frame creaks loudly under the weight; it would seem the carpenter hadn't accounted for just how much sheer bulk Tane had. "Hah, don't worry. We can dance it all away tonight. Hopefully before you vomit it out," Tane replies with a chuckle. She reaches forward and takes hold of Gwen's hand, rubbing her palm with her thumb. There's a calming quality in the act, almost meditiative. She feels as if she could close her eyes and hum herself to sleep.

"We'll likely have to sneak out of the feast. Not sure it would endear you in Maldur's eyes to tell him you're leaving his wonderful celebration to get drunk at a greasy tavern down the road," Tane mused, pursing her lips in thought. Admittedly, she would be rather interested in seeing Maldur's reaction, but it would make for poor diplomacy. "Briar will meet us half-way there, along with a few of the men. Then, we'll sneak back in and no one will be the wiser. Like, thieves in the night. I would admit to being ashamed of helping my lady get up to such scandalous antics, but you were a damn spitfire back in the day, yes?" Tane grins, reminding Gwendolyn of the stories she told Tane, ones of a younger and more reckless princess. She truly wishes she could've been there to see it.

"Okay. Let's freshen up, yeah? You can go first if you'd like," Tane begins, letting go of Tane's hand somewhat reluctantly and standing up. She lifts up one arm and smells, wrinkling her nose in response; it would seem full platemail and long hot carriage rides did not do wonders for the body. "Or....maybe I'll go first. I try to smell nice, but my work doesn't always cooperate with those ideals." Looking around, Tane spots the bathroom; there's towels and washrags neatly folded on the stand next to the door. She snatches up a towel and ducks into the bathroom, waving at Gwen before closing and locking the door.

The bathroom is much nicer than she's used to; a gilded bathtub, large enough even for her. There sink is laden with fancy glass bottles of soaps and shampoos, even some perfumes. Tane lets out a small whistle in admiration before hopping into the bath, stripping down quickly. She's usually a quick bather, but she takes her time this time around, letting the soap relax her tense muscles. A half hour or so passes before Tane emerges from the bath wrapped in a body towel, her hair damp.

"Those are powerful soaps, milady. I smell like a godsdamned flower garden," Tane muses as she steps out rather casually. The towel is tight around her, but it still barely manages to contain her curves; her large breasts strain against the fabric and two indents appear where her nipples are, implying piercings of a sort. The whole of her muscular thighs and legs are still exposed, stopping just below the swell of her ass. It isn't until she's completely stepped out she realizes there was no partition protecting her from stepping out the bathroom, a minor error in design."Ah....I-I'm sorry, milady," Tane says, frozen in embarassment.

Admittedly, Sasha was quite nervous. But, the two had slept in the same room together already, seen each other naked, gotten drunk together. What was different about this? Still, she wondered herself about the universe and it's odd sense of fate, as if someone out there was trying to put Tane and Gwen together in any way possible. Not that Gwen was complaining, anyway. Especially with the show she was currently being given.

She watched Tane undress, slowly taking off her armour, hearing it fall to the ground. It was so heavy on its own, it fascinated Gwen that she could move around in it so easily. She watched her stretch, eyeing her stomach as her shirt rode up, eyes caught on the happy trail leading toward her crotch. Her hips, while obviously not as rounded as the Princesses own, were still feminine in shape, her thick thighs almost bursting the seams of her trousers. Gwendolyn bit her lip out of habit, sitting up on the bed as she looked her over. She's never seen someone so... perfect. From the way her hip popped out when she leaned her weight on the other, to the way her breasts pushed against her shirt, her abs surely carved into her flesh they were so brilliantly formed. Gwendolyn sighed inwardly, resting her hands in her lap. At least, until Tane makes her way over.

She sits on the edge of the bed and, as she does, Gwen sinks lower toward her. The beds certainly weren't made with Tane in mind, nor the mattresses. Gwen giggles, looking her friend over once more, "me? Vomit? Pff, I haven't puked in well over 10 years I'll have you know. I don't intend to break the streak anytime soon".

As Tane took her hand, Gwen's breath caught. It was such a... tender thing to do. So romantic, so personal. But she did it so easily, so absentmindedly. And to see the different in size, her thumb nearly eclipsing her entire palm. The Princess has to bite back a small moan at the feeling of her calloused finger moving along her soft skin, it's almost ticklish but, in a way that feels good. Relaxing.

"Brair and your men know I'm coming?" she asks curiously. She wonders what they think of it, but she's sure her answer is in the foggy memory of them cheering as she downed her mead last night. She's more excited than anything else. She'd never hung out with so many men before... and in a tavern! Even during her childhood, her teenage years as a little 'spitfire', as Tane put it, it wasn't that she ever got up to anything in town. Mostly she just snuck out of the castle to the castle grounds, messed about with the staff, and pulled tricks on her mother and father. She wondered what would happen if she'd snuck out to go to a bar, would anyone recognize her? She supposed now was her chance.

"Something like it, yes," she chuckles behind her free hand, her fingers almost wrapping around Tane's thumb before she takes her hand away.

"Go first, then," Gwen says with a smile, that crystal clear giggle on her lips again as Tane sniffed herself openly in front of her. She didn't think she'd ever get over how open Tane was in simply... being herself around her. She was quick to drop the act and for that, Gwen was incredibly thankful. It meant Gwendolyn could drop hers too.

As Tane busied herself looking for the bathroom, eventually finding it and holing herself up in it, Gwen looked through her luggage. She was sure she had something here to wear somewhere. She wanted something... different. Something that was not what she'd normally wear. Her flowy, silken dresses would be no good in a dingy, dirty tavern. She needed something equally dingy and dirty. And she had just the perfect outfit for the job.

Her boots were easily located, she'd only brought so many pairs of shoes. But the pants and top were another story. After much time searching for them, she finally found them in the trunk near the end of her bed. She opened it up, laying the shirt and pants out with a pair of socks to match and then, carefully, removed her dress. She folded it at the end of the bed, intent on putting it away later before kicking off her shoes and unfolding her pants. They were a little torn, just at the knee, but perfect for the intended use. Brown trousers with belt loops and deep pockets, a pair she had stolen from her fathers old wardrobe, from back when he was a prince. The top, a loose fitting, peasant blouse, was her father's as well. Two items he likely wouldn't even notice were missing. She tugged the pants on, surprised to find that they actually fit quite well. They were a little tight in her hips but, that was to be expected. They were made for men after all, and she most certainly was not the person the maker had in mind.

But, they fit. That was a start. She looked them over in the mirror, her chest bared as she eyed herself in the full length glass. Just about a half hour had passed between when she started to look and when Tane returned. Gwendolyn was in the middle of pulling the blouse over her head when Tane emerged. The cotton fabric fell over her head easily, nearly reaching mid thigh when fully on. The laced neckline dipped deep below her cleavage but, nothing a little tightening and tucking in couldn't fix. The sleeves were poof but, tight on the ends, leaving her looking quite dashing if she did say so herself. Small, especially in such a baggy shirt but, dashing. Tane would have walked in on her checking herself out in the mirror, turning to look at her backside, then at her hips, in the middle of tucking the shirt into her pants.

Tane's words about soaps catch her by surprise as she turns to look at her, catching a full view of the half-orc woman in her bath towel as she emerges. Her skin is still damp, blushed from the hot water, as her cheeks but she's sure for a much different reason. Gwendolyn blushes herself, eyeing her powerful legs, the towel nearly bursting at it's seams at her chest, the peak of nipples sending a shiver up Gwen's spine. She didn't get to see her up close last time. There's the indent of... something odd behind the towel, where her nipples peak the fabric. Gwen finds herself more curious than anything to see what it might be. The towel does a good job of covered her front though, much like Gwen's towel, it does a terrible job of wrapping fully around with showing just a peak of skin. Gwen feels like she might faint. The delicious aroma oozing from her is not helping.

Gwendolyn finds herself, obviously, staring like a deer in lamplight, her hazel eyes opened wide with her hand -- which was very unladylike she might add -- unceremoniously shoved down the back of her pants as she froze mid shirt-tuck. "Th-that's okay," she stuttered back. It took a moment herself of frozen embarrassment to realize, she should probably turn around, "oh! S-sorry, carry on," she muttered, covering her eyes as she turned her back to Tane, making sure not to peak any longer.

It would appear Tane walked in one Gwendolyn dressing as well. It's a curious outfit, a commoner's garb that makes Tane wonder where Gwen acquired it. However, peasant as it may be, Gwen's natural proportions made it work. While the shirt is a tad too big, it works in Gwen's favor, showing the alluring curve of cleavage. The pants, ragged and worn with use, hugged her hips and showed off the eye-grabbing swell of her hips. While Tane was absolutely no slouch in the hips and bottom category, they were mostly muscle, giving the impression of a solidly built woman. Gwendolyn was all voloptousness, reminding her of the goddesses Tane would hear about in old folk tales, hips that begged to be held onto. It's enough to give Tane pause herself, disracting the orc from her own embarassment. She feels a stirring in her crotch and the possibility of Gwen seeing her erection immediately yanks her from her open mouthed admiration.

"Y-You're fine! I'll just...uhh....,"Tane trails off as she rushes to grab the partition, sliding it across so that it obscure each other from view. Tane lets out a small sigh of relief, the tiny ordeal having passed. As she lets the towel fall from her body, landing on the floor with a quiet thud, she places a hand on chest. She can feel her heart beating fast, like a hammer, pumping blood and adrenaline. Butterflies dance frantic swarms in her belly and she feels goosebumps over her skin. The orc is loathe to admit it, but a good deal of her enjoyed exposing herself like that to Gwen; the way her eyes were widened and the shock on her face. The idea that she could leave the elf breathless suffuses her body with a pride like no other. How much longer could this go one before these feelings wrestled their way out of the modicum of control Tane held?

"I-I like the outfit," Tane calls out over the partition as she dries off her body and hair, wringing the locks as much as she could. "You look wonderful. You'll be the talk of the whole damned tavern." She shuffles about for her chest, digging through it to find formal attire for the feast; the uniform was picked out by the hand-maidens during her orientation as a royal arm, similar to the military uniforms of high ranking officers. It was, however, much more lavish, with golden trimming and seals of the royal family. She frowns at the outfit, holding it up. It's a far cry from anything she's worn before, either donning armor or her usual combination of trousers and sleveless tops.

"I'll likely have to fend off all the drunken men in there. Unless, you know, you....fancy them," Tane says as she surveys the outfit, figuring out how to even put it on. Unknown to her, the silhouette of her body through the cloth of the parition is visible. She was all but shapes, but curvy shapes nonetheless. Moreso, Gwen could easily see the outline of her cock, hanging half hard and swaying gently with her movements. "W-Which is no problem! Just...you know....making sure, I guess."

Where Gwen was all small, rounded curves and voluptuousness... Tane was sculpted and massive. They were complete opposites, which only intrigued her more. The Princess turned as she heard the sound of the partition moving, eyeing Tane through the screen, only able to see her head and shoulders over the top. She could see her shadow, eyeing a very obvious half-mast between her legs. It left her blushing, wondering again to herself. Had she done that? Had the view of her in her little tavern get up done that? Or perhaps was it being watched by her eyes that made Tane show such obvious pleasure physically? Either way... the Princess was very much distracted, having to stop herself from stepping closer. She'd seen her soft, from a distance. And it was mostly curiosity that fueled her desires right now, though, there was a slight stirring between her legs. A need she didn't think would ever be fully quenched. So, she turned her eyes away, looking at herself in the mirror again.

Despite her bath in the river this morning, after travelling she looked very much disheveled. She would have to wash again, make sure she brushed her hair and put it up in an acceptable fashion. But, something easy enough to take down for later tonight. She still didn't know what she was going to wear to the dinner, she'd been so excited about finding something for the tavern. Likely another dress, but perhaps something a little warmer. The walls were cold in here.

"Thank you," she said with a smile, turning back to the partition, meeting Tane's eye over the top as she did a little twirl, laughing all the while, "I very much doubt it but, I appreciate the effort to talk me up anyhow". Anyone would be a moron to even look at her funny with the entourage Gwendolyn was sure she'd be showing up with. Not to mention she was not about to give any of the men in their the time of day besides the usual courtesies. The women? Perhaps. But, as she looked over at Tane, eyeing her body through the screen, she found herself very much uninterested in flirting with anyone but the woman mere feet away from her. Naked, still damp from the shower. Gwendolyn sighed, reaching for a tie to throw her hair up and out of the way. She needed a cold bath to calm herself down.

As she undid the button on her pants, pulling them down to her ankles, she raised a brow and looked over at Tane. The Princess nearly burst into giggles, wondering if she was just teasing her. She could see the tassels and decoration of her formal wear as she held it up, clearly puzzled on how to put it on.

"I thought I'd made it quite obvious," she said vaguely, waving her hand as she headed into the bathroom, pleased to find a towel inside for her. She'd forgotten that the partition didn't properly block her off from Tane seeing her so, she passed by with the tunic hanging off her frame, nothing beneath but a pair of panties. Had she not practically outed herself the moment they met? "Fancy them?" she laughed, closing the door behind her. But, not before she shot Tane a little smile, eyeing her body for a moment before sauntering off behind the door to run herself a bath.

Gwen stayed in the tub for a half hour herself, washing all the dirt away that she hadn't managed to get in the river. Her hair was fine, especially if she was going to be pulling it up. So instead, she just focused on relaxing. Thinking. Wondering. For once, her wondering wasn't filled with what if's and other anxieties. Instead, it was filled with thoughts of Tane. She wondered what might happen tonight, where it might lead them, what she might do. She hadn't been so excited for anything since, well, the tour itself!

Gwendolyn washed herself with the scented soaps, finding one that smelled of exotic vanilla and cinnamon, much less abusive on the nose then their other scents, and much closer to her signature back home. Or, one of her signatures. At least it made her feel warm and clean, and that's what counted. She washed her body, opting for warm water despite needing to cool down... she was sure some time away from the object of her affections would help enough that she didn't need to put herself through an icy hell for half an hour. Still, by the time she got out of the tub, the water had run lukewarm as opposed to her usual boiling hot. Gwen's skin was tinged red, supple and warm to the touch, still damp when she emerged from the bath wrapped in a towel, looking about the room for Tane.

"You weren't kidding, those soaps are powerful".

Tane watches Gwen saunter into the bathroom, clad in an oversized tunic and her legs bared. She winks at Tane, their eyes meeting and Tane feels as if she's been shot through her heart; The stirring in her lower body intensifies; she's obviously hard now, her cock rising almost to full mast. She sits down on the bed, chewing on her bottom lip as she tries to rally her thoughts. There is a distinct feeling that something in the parameters of their relationship has changed; it had shifted from chaste and playful friendship. Maybe it had always been there, but there was an obvious desire thrumming through it all. Tane has to come to terms with the fact that she desires Gwen, wants her in ways that she hasn't wanted a woman in what felt like years. Yet, it felt she'd be crossing a line to act on it, something she couldn't walk back from.

"Oh, come on, you've killed ten men with your bare hands. You can figure this out," Tane mutters to herself, shoving her face into her palms as she sits down on her bed. She can hear Gwendolyn in the bathroom, the sound of running bathroom. Her imagination gets away from her, conjuring images of Gwen, each one more lurid than the last. Tane prided herself on being a woman who could spot the path to victory and walk it without hesitation, never once looking back. A woman of instinct and resolve, but here she was, meek and unsure of herself. Like a greenhorn soldier in her first battle. She sighs and takes a deep breath, picking herself up off the bed. Tane would follow her instincts, the way she had in numerous situations, the instinct that had kept her alive up until now. If there were to be consequences, then she would suffer them. However, she refused to let herself succumb to fantasies of what could be.

She hears Gwendolyn step out of the bathroom and Tane moves from the partition, the towel still wrapped around her body. It hugs at her body, so much smaller than Tane, but voluptuous, like a goddess of fertility made manifest. Tane bites her lip, staring at the ground as she tries to form words, to stop them from dying on her tongue and bring her thoughts to life. "Gwen, milady. I know I'm but a simple knight. A guard and nothing more. But, I can't pretend I don't feel this," Tane says slowly as she steps towards Gwen, now lifting her head to look her directly in the eye. She's jaw-dropping, yet again. Smells of vanilla and cinnamon radiate from her soft skin; she's intoxicating. Closing the gap, she stands in front of the woman, practically looming over here. "I....I am attracted to you. Or that's the only word I can find. I think about you when you leave and I feel something tug at my heart whenever we've parted. I don't know if this is....love, but it's more than friendship and it occupies me every thought."

Tane takes Gwen's hands into her own and places them against her lips; they're soft and still warm from the path. They feel like the hands of a healer, as if wherever her fingers trailed, flowers would bloom in their wake. She lets her towel fall a bit, enough that her breasts are bared to Gwendolyn; her nipples are hard and bearing two golden rings. Tane takes one of Gwen's hands and places it against her chest, letting her feel the way her heart hammered away in her chest, the excitement Gwen's presence invokes in her.

"I'm sorry for this," Tane murmurs before dipping her head down to press her lips against Gwendolyn, a chaste kiss that seems more to test the waters than anything else. She realizes she's being forward, taking risks with zero evidence that it would even work in her favor, but in her mind, it has to be done. If Gwen rejects her, she would live with it and try to rebuild the friendship that she had damaged. She can live with that, but she cannot live with hiding. She cannot bottle all this up lest it poison her.

Gwen is quick to notice something isn't right. Tane is quiet as she emerges, she's still not dressed. She's staring at the ground and obviously thinking about something. Gwendolyn is concerned, going to ask her if everything was alright but, Tane beats her to it. The little redhead's brows knit together in confusion for a moment, listening but barely hearing when Tane is saying, especially as she begins to step toward her. Gwen stands there in return, water dripping off her skin as she stares up at her knight with bated breath. She nearly has to tilt her head fully back to see her, it's so absolutely silly the gap in their heights from the outside but, to Gwen? All she could think about was how protected she felt under Tane's shadow.

She was attracted to her? Gwen's cheeks turned pink, the little Princesses eyes widening as she stared up at her. She watched, her hands taken in Tane's as the massive woman lifted them to her lips, pressing a kiss against her soft flesh, before leading her touch to her bared chest. Gwendolyn had been too distracted looking to her friends face that she hadn't noticed the towel slipping. She gasped softly, her gaze falling to her breasts as her hand was placed over her racing heart. She could feel her heart pounding against her sternum, the strength and determination of that muscle in her chest so strong that it felt as if Gwendolyn's hand had been placed directly on it. When she looked back up at Tane's words, she shook her head slightly, confused as she began to speak, "sorry for wh--!" She was promptly interrupted by a set of plush lips pressing to hers, so softly that Gwendolyn thought she might melt right then and there.

Already warm from her bath, she was now boiling in her towel. Her cheeks were aflame, her ears that same red to match. Tane leaned down, dipping her massive head to press her lips against Gwen's own. Gwendolyn could only stand there, yelling at herself in her mind to kiss her back, so in shock and so unsure of herself that she didn't really know how. Eventually, she gathered herself, her lips parting just slightly as she moved her head to more comfortably move her lips against Tane's, following her own instincts.

"Don't be sorry," she whispered against her lips, her hands lifting from Tane's chest, following the curve of her neck, up to her face where they settled at her jaw, holding her in place as the Princess pulled away, resting her forehead against Tane's, her eyes close, breath shallow. Gwendolyn was so happy, ecstatic even. She didn't know what to say, what to do, how to even start. All she could do was kiss her Royal Arm back, show her she felt the same. Prove it to her, make her take back that apology. There was nothing to be sorry for. Except perhaps not kissing her sooner.

Tane's lips were soft, plush against her own. They moved with experience, with expertise that Gwendolyn surely did not have. She almost felt embarrassed for it, as if she were lacking in some way. But, she tucked those thoughts away to deal with later, coming in closer to Tane to press their bodies together, her hands moving from Tane's cheeks to the back of her neck before she moved her arms around her neck as well, encircling her as she pulled her down deeper into their kiss, as if they couldn't be close enough. "Please, don't be sorry," she whispered again, pulling away for good this time. Unless of course the moment called for another kiss. With that in mind, she simply stood on her tip toes, practically hanging off Tane's neck as she looked into her eyes, smiling up at her.

Last edited:
Tane expects Gwen to push her away. To yell and admonish her for overstepping her bounds, that what she sook was beneath her. The fear grips her heart and she prays she has the strength to stomach the rejection. Imagine her shock, when she returns the kiss, her gentle hands on her chin. There's a moment of disbelief where Tane's crimson eyes widen, wondering if this would all simply melt away to show it was a dream. No, this is real. Gwendolyn's hands are real, the copper hair framing her brilliant features are real, that smile that could light the night sky was real.

Tane wants to cry, but this time out of sheer joy. She places her worn hands on Gwen's shoulders whispering back. "I thought myself foolish. That you needed someone deservering of your station," Tane whispers, a smile on her face nonetheless. She lets Gwen pull her down, the smaller girl on her tip toes; the height difference is comical, enough that if Tane was not overwhelmed with emotions, she would laugh at heartily. "I want to...risk this. You're worth it," Tane murmurs as she lean down for another kiss, having to strain her neck to press her lips againt Gwen's; her nostrils are filled with the pleasant scent of soaps. It's obvious Gwen doesn't have much experience, a stark contrast to Tane; for all her bulk, Tane was more than capable of being a gentle lover.

While their embrace was adorable, it was also putting great strain on Tane's neck, impeding her ability to kiss Gwen properly. "C'mere," Tane says simply as she suddenly picks up Gwen, both her hands under the woman's thighs. She carries them the over to the bed and sits down, so that Gwen is perched in her lap. Their position is less awkward and breasts are pressed together. Tane's pierced nipples rub against Gwen's and the friction is delicious, elliciting a delighted sigh from Tane. She kisses her again, but this time she aims for Gwendolyn's neck. She takes a moment to appreciate her scent, pressing her nose into the supple skin. Her lips kiss at Gwen's neckline and collarbone, tracing affectionate lines across her neck. She moves up her jawline, her breath hot against Gwen's skin. "Fuck, you smell amazing."

There's nowhere else in the world she'd rather be. She wishes this manor would go away, that Maldur and his infernal wife would go away, that Evergreen would leave them. She wants it all to fade away in service of this one moment, stretching on for eternity. Her hands, calloused by war, rise up from Gwen's hips and to her chest. Her bust isn't as large as Tane's, but are formidable in their own right. They fit perfectly in her hand, capped by pink nipples that begged to be clasped in willing lips. With a gentleness that belies Tane's sheer strength, she squeezes and massages them, the pads of her masssive thumbs gently rubbing against her nipples.

"I take it you haven't kissed before?" Tane chuckles, kissing Gwen's cheek, before pulling away with a smirk. "Follow my lead." Tane leans in again, her lips against Gwen's, but she takes it slowly, lets Gwen acclimate to the situation, experiment. For Tane, there was immense joy in the contact alone. It sends a wave of warmth through her body, a tingle that hardens her nipples and makes her curl her toes. What kind of magic did Gwen have, to make just the act of a chaste and simple kiss provide such pleasure?

Tane's length is harder than it's ever been, obviously tenting the towel that still loosely hugs Tane's body. She hopes it doesn't put off the princess. The orc was satisfied with this gentle embrace alone and doesn't want to force Gwen into anything she wasn't ready for.

Deserving of her station? Gwendolyn shook her head, as she pulled away, looking up at Tane quite seriously. "I want to risk it too, you are deserving of my station. I want to show you that," she's quiet, which only adds to her serious tone. She doesn't want to hear arguments, or hear Tane put herself down. Gwendolyn wanted her. Now, maybe forever.

Gwen gasps as Tane picks her up, feeling her massive hands on the underside of her thighs, her thumbs grazing her bottom as she does. The little Princess wraps her legs around Tane's waist as she's carried toward the bed, her own towel loosening as well, exposing her to the cool air of the castle, and to her knight. As Tane sits on the bed, Gwen relaxes around her, straddling her lap as their breasts rub against each others. The cold metal of Tane's piercings only serves to perk Gwen's more, leaving them hard as they rub against Tane's own. Gwendolyn sighs as well, though not just from the friction between their breasts. Tane's lips feel delightful on her neck and throat, sending a shiver up her spine and heat between her legs. She squeezes around Tane's thighs with her own, lifting her chin to allow her Royal Arm an easier time kissing up her jaw.

Gwendolyn didn't know where this was leading to, nor did she truly care. All she really wanted right now was to be in Tane's company. To be pressed against her, to feel those lips on her until none of her was left to be kissed. She relaxed in her arms, her back arching against Tane's soft lips, much like a cat as her rough hands dragged up her body from her hips to her waist before reaching her breasts. Her calloused thumbs rub gently against her pink nipples, the buds standing at attention already for her. Gwen's head is spinning, her breath shallow as she focused on Tane's touches. Careful, calculated, gentle. It was so starkly different from what she imagined something like this being, what she read about in books. Rough, painful. But Gwendolyn wasn't in pain, far from it.

"I haven't," she sighs, leaning into Tane's kiss on her cheek, her eyes meeting crimson with a look of disappointment as she pulled away. It was quickly replaced with surprise though as Tane leaned in again, her words catching Gwen's breath in her throat. She sat there for a moment, still unsure of herself, still surprised... she figured with her lack of expertise that Tane might be bored of her already but, clearly she was patient. So, Gwen did as she was told. She followed her lead.

Her own hands, having settled themselves on Tane's massive biceps, trailed along to her shoulders, over her collarbones, slowly sinking lower until they found her breasts, possibly bigger than Gwen's head. Her nipples were hard, the golden bars in them catching Gwendolyn's attention as she pinched the buds between her fingers before pressing her palms against her breasts, grabbing as much of the flesh as she could as she sat up on her knees, rising above Tane from this position so as to kiss her deeper.

She wasn't naïve about all this, sure she'd never done it herself but, she'd read about it. She knew how to kiss in theory, and now she was finally putting that into practice. She moved her lips against Tane's, tilting her head just slightly, her lips parted as she did, inviting Tane now to deepen the kiss further. Tane's lips against hers felt as if they were on fire, her mouth was hot, her lips smooth and wet. Each move of her lips against Tane's, or pinch of her knights thumb and finger against her breasts sent Gwendolyn reeling, heat plummeting to her core as she tried not to pay any mind to the massive member between them. She of course was aware of it, how could she not be? And it wasn't that it scared her or disgusted her or turned her off. Quite the alternative actually. That was what truly scared her. She didn't need the two of them getting caught by a bunch of strangers simply because Gwen couldn't control herself. And in fact, it was growing increasingly difficult to do just that.

"Am I doing okay?" she whispered after a short while, relaxing a little as she kissed down Tane's jaw, content to remain between her shoulder and neck, gently kissing and suckling at the flesh of her collarbone.

Tane feels like there's sparks on her pale skin, bolts of lightning racing across the surface of her back and arms, leaving goosebumps in their wake. Their movements are slow and sensual, some would say even clumsy. The size difference makes things cumbersome, but Tane barely notices it. How could she with this woman in her lap, stoking that flame in her lower stomach with nothing but a breathy moan. Gwendolyn responds in kind, her back arching and her body moving in her grip. Tane lets her rock through the motions, her large hands on her body, supporting Gwen. They roam up and down her back, tracing down her shoulder-blades.

Tane's idly appreciates the contours in Gwen's body, the alluring curve of her spine. That warmth radiating from the thickness of her thighs against her own. Gwen is trying, her inexperience obvious in the hesitance in her movements, her eyes darting to Tane's, as if searching for a reaction. Tane lets find her own pace. She shivers as Gwen roams across her body, exploring, testing. Tane lets out a small growl when Gwen works at her nipples; if not for Tane's obvious face of pleasure, it might seem as if she'd hurt her, but this couldn't be farther from the truth. It felt as if Gwen had found a current beneath her fingers, everytime she pressed those hardened nubs, it sent pleasure arcing down her spine.

"Gwen, you're doing fantastic," Tane whispers in response, her eyes still half-lidded. Her cock rests against Tane's stomach, throbbing against her soft belly. The orc wants to reward Gwen for her efforts, so pushes back Gwen ever so slightly, one of her hands holding her waist. Her eyes rove down to Gwen's breasts, perfect swells of flesh capped by nipples that reminded her vaguely of candies. Shooting Gwen a mischievous look, a glint in her eyes, she dips her heads down and flicks her tongue at it. She waits for a second, allowing Gwen to savor the feeling before moving in again, this time with more fervor. She drags the broad of her tongue across the hardened nub, tracing delicate circles on her areolae, like a painter's strokes. Skillful and confident. There's not many things Tane openly brags about, but her skill in bed, honed from a great deal of lovers, is one of them.

"Am I doing okay?" Tane murmurs cheekily, her free hand still tugging and playing with Gwen's other nipple, now alternating between gentle squeezing and tugging. She clasps her lips around the nipple, sucking it before pulling away, dragging the flat of her broad tongue across it. She looks up at Gwen occasionally, giving it the occasional playful bite. Pulling away, she kisses her way up her body, the heat of her lingering on her lips, the cloying scent of vanilla relaxing her. Up and up, she goes, until she's at her neck, sucking and kissing at her collar.

"M'lady, I know that I am, uhh, rather large and it would take time for you to adjust to it. Time we sorely lack, I'm afraid," Tane asks her, pulling away to look Gwen in her eyes. Despite being the more experienced, she's still blushing like a freshly wedded bride. "But, I am frightfully good with my tongue. Or so I've been told. Would you like me down here?" To punctuate her question, her hands roams down to Gwen's inner thighs, the tips of her fingers dancing across her skin. She can feel the faint dusting of copper hair just above her folds. A faint heat radiates, tickling her fingers. Tane does her best to hide the obvious excitement on her face; there were little things more satisfying than being between a woman's legs, making her write with but a tongue and nimble fingers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom