Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Way to make sure they read the rules

Blazorna

At parity with pears...
I have been seeing WAY TOO many people posting in search threads that others made. At one point I had someone post an advertisement for their group Roleplay on my search thread. Deleted the thread to repost it to be rid of that. Last time I checked, we're not allowed to, which leads to a suggestion I had.

As part of newcomers being allowed to make threads, we have a one time quiz over the rules, and passing grants full access.

Pretty simple, but feel it's needed.

Hello, newcomer here, observation to make and counterpoint to your suggestion.

Firstly I've browsed this question section and the introduction one, and despite the information (to me at least) being very available and very obvious, there is still a lot of confusion about the 'three posts' ruling. Questions seem to be often asked about it despite clear guidance being 'right there'.

Whilst some kind of quiz to ensure understanding of the rules could increase adherence to the rules, I would suggest that people failing it, and the extra level of entrance qualifications for those who don't struggle with the evident could dramatically reduce the amount of people signing up to the site, or at least sticking with it.

I understand where you're coming from, but since you mentioned it, a quiz could be like a possible replacement for the three posts count if it's becoming a serious concern. It'd be less confusion, plus there's the possibility of people not even bothering to check the questions area.

Hello,

We are in the process of implementing a bot that will PM every new member as they join. It will link them directly to The Site Rules as well as explain the 3 post & 24 hour requirement to unlock the rest of the site. The bot will only cover those three things (rules link, 3 posts & 24 hours) so it will be concise on the crucial aspects of things. We have a Welcoming Committee that will help further the points as needed, but the bot will be able to greet them instantly upon joining. We have quite a few new members daily, so the chances of someone not digesting the rules fully, at least initially, is going to be higher than most would like. Our staff routinely deletes and warns posts that are in violation, complete with an explanation as to why. You are free to report any posts that are in violation, because BMR staff will address the post in question and remove it for you if there is a violation. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours before we can get to it, but we will get to each and every report.

Back
Top Bottom