Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Thieves' Guild

Outside-the-Box Jellyfish

Banned
Banished
I've been bitten by the GM but again as of late, and I have one particular idea I'd like to throw out for fishbites: a Pathfinder game centered around a thieves' guild.

This is just for an initial interest check to gauge interest, see who is interested, see if there's any input, so I haven't finalized all the details.
I'll update with some more details, but for now, here are the details of what I'd like to run

Re: The Premise
• You'll be part of a Chaotic Neutral -tending organization. Good characters who don't have a problem getting a little dirty will be fine, Evil ones might not fit in the best.
• The story will involve some heists, conflcits with rival guilds, evading the law, political intrigue, and possibly even bigger things.
• The guild will have a "home turf" as part of a city. I do not have a setting determined at this time. The city itself will likely be homebrew, but can be set in a particular canon setting or homebrew world based on group input.
• Character creation will be pretty open-ended as far as race/class/whatever. I'm thinking a 1st level start, but that isn't set in stone.

Re: Smut Aspects
• Not too many expectations regarding sex. You can do as you wish, but as GM I'm concerned with the story and the world, not providing on-demand sex scenarios, so keep that in mind.
• Boundaries will be determined as a group. Things I'm not interested in are people playing victims, rape in general, and bestiality, so don't expect any of that.

This will be a bit less structured than normal, so the group won't have to stick together at all times and I as GM won't have to micromanaging everything that isn't relevant to storylines and challenges, i.e. it's not out of the question for players to control minor npc's or assume things about the environment if it's during "downtime".

Probably not looking for too big of a group, but we'll see what the interest looks like. I'll select players based on who I think I'll get on with best.
I post some more details soon.

Honestly, I could really go for a "tabletop" story/adventure with smut being left behind.

Ah well, CN is just about the bane of my existence on any level in PF so I think this is not for me.

I could bust out a Tyrant if it were not so far off of CN, LE is their alignment. Maybe a true N Ranger could work for this, but it is a bit of a reach.

Look guys, I get that it's abused to all hell, but can you at least give me the benefit of the doubt and assume I mean something like "Robin Hood, but less altruistic" and not "a carnival of retarded slaadi-wannabes".

Looks/sounds interesting to me. I have faith in it being a true thieves guild-centered thing, rather than a roving band of chaotic randumb troublemakers. Got a few character ideas I could quite easily setup for something like this.

I've never played Pathfinder, only DnD, but would like to try. I will read up on the rules provided someone links them.

I think I would be interested in playing a magic user or potential magic user refused admission to an academy

Looks interesting! Count me in, if possible!

I've played Pathfinder for quite some while (basically ever since it came out), and being in a CN Organisation with heists and such sounds interesting!
However, so far all my games have happened on Discord (with different channels for the different places and such).

Hey, sorry I started vague and then dropped off for a few days... that was a quick post from work and I had hoped to follow up when I got home. Didn't work out, week's been crazy... anyway...

@ZRS, the official rules are currently hosted here on Archives of Nethys. The company also kept an older version on this site, which I find easier to navigate (but that might be because I've used it longer and I'm more familiar with it). Depending on which editions of D&D you've played, Pathfinder may be pretty familiar; the core rules and classes are based on 3.5.

Like I said, I have a couple character concepts I could run with, depending on what sounds good to the group.

1) The ambitious child of a more senior guild member. Could build them as a bloodrager or a scaled fist.

2) A relentlessly cheerful necromancer who is desperate to be liked. I have wizard and sorcerer variants of this concept, although I could also try out witch, I've never done that before...

3) A former member of a rival group that has been defeated/disbanded. Might go rogue or urban ranger for this one.

I'm super interested! I love pathfinder and already have some rogue characters on sheets xD I could easily whip one of them out and use 'em if we're rolling dice along with posts.

(I've seen this done before, though it's a simple dice roll on a d20 without worrying about modifiers)

Hey, I'm new to this site. I find your idea quite interesting and I'd like to be a part of it

Back
Top Bottom