Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unusual Marriage. (Ben Dover x Li Blaze)

LiBlaze

Super-Earth
The land was vast and fertile, where the family of the Duke of Rayleigh lives. It provides work for the peasants and food for many, more importantly for the Royal Family and other nobles. Like many nobles families, the Greene family had their traditions of how they remained in Dukedom. The first male of the current Lord was placed into full service of the military while the second heir took over the duties as Duke once of age. The present Lord had sire only one Heir and was a female. His wife suffered complications and was told if she births another child she would die. It had been hard on the Lord to know that tradition was broken and could do nothing to remedy the problem unless he took on a Mistress, and it was not what he wanted. Despite the lack of proper Heir, the Lord loves his child and raised her the best he could.

As time went on, many questioned the fact that the family still held a lot of its power while many had been lowered in rank. Six months ago, everything had changed for The Greene Family. Lord Greene had received a summons to the King. The King questioned him in the lack of the presence of the Greene Heir. After much deliberation, the King declared the House of Greene an Earldom losing a lot of its prestige. The news of the sudden change of the family ranks spread rapidly many speculating the cause; only close friends knew the reason for the sudden change. Lord Greene was currently sitting in his study ever since he lost his Dukedom offers for his child had fallen through, or the ones that still stood where Marques, Earls, Viscounts, and Barons none of them provided any benefit for his family except one, and they were Viscounts. This one though, would place his family under more scrutiny and was unorthodox. He consults with his wife and brother both agreed despite being unusual the benefits gained were substantial enough to look over the oddity and the fact that the union would provide a minimum of two heirs.

Daphne Greene's odd colored eyes looked over the property she had grown in that was going to change in a few short weeks. She would no longer live in her family home butt hat of her wife’s. Her Father had spoken to her about her engagement about two months ago to prepare for today- the engagement party. It was a unique one, and it didn't sit well with the twenty-two-year-old. It had been explained the only reason they held a title at this point was that they had lands that provide food for surrounding areas and the King. She was angry; it had hurt that she was given to someone below her class and would have to obey their word. Daphne had pointed out to her parents that she would be the laughing stock amongst their acquaintances by alone being married to a woman and would only obey because it was her duty as their daughter. Her father had reminded her that they would offer them one of their young males to fulfill the responsibilities of the Greene family by joining the military.

The night came too quickly for the family, as they found themselves getting ready for the party. All the servants in the manor were a flurry of activity as they decorated and set everything up to perfection. Daphne was being helped into her dress since the top part was a corset. The dress was a burgundy red off the shoulders with a slightly open back that makes her creamy skin look pale in contrast to it and enhanced her red-brown eyes to look like gems. The knee long her was placed in a simple but intricate bun leaving her long slim neck bare and inviting. The music wafted up the stairs, and she found herself taking a deep breath before she joined the party.

Many of the guests turned to the stairs at the sound of her footsteps. Gasps were prominent around the crowd a few who had withdrawn their offers were regretting their choice at the site of her. The inky hair woman stood at 5’4” and had a slim but voluptuous body. Wine eyes looked to the right only to look away quickly, spotting her intended not far away. A few gathered around her, making it easy for her not to entertain the woman. To soon though the room grew quiet, Daphne forced herself to move to her father for the announcement so they could eat. All her acquaintances congratulated her a few even asked how she felt. “The shame that has befallen my family is distasteful yet biggest slight is of this union. Not only must I wed below my station but I’m to be married to a woman. I would have sworn my vows to God if I had known I was to mary so shamefully” disgust and shame laced each of her words.

Back
Top Bottom