Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How can I be more appealing?

Miouta123

Moon
I've been trying to get a roleplay since I started coming here to Bluemoon. How can I be more appealing to roleplay partners?

I just took a glance at your most recent posting and have a couple of tips, obviously everyone is different but just a few things that might help. I also put out a pole on this, I’ve been meaning to load it into the forums but I’ve been lazy, it’s at the top of my post Here.
(Please note this isn’t a bump or shameless promotions, it’s actually a really relevant poll.) Edit: would love more votes in that poll, more opinions are helpful!

A couple of take away from your most recent post specifically.

Choose a profile avatar - I admit when I see someone without one, it makes me think they’re only here briefly or this is a throw away account or something, if nothing else, it makes the first impression a little boring, humans are very visual.

More of a greeting - this one is maybe more personal, but just a hi and then immediately rules is kind of rushed to me, say hi, introduce yourself, be friendly, you’re a person behind your post.

More lenient - the ‘anime faceclaims only’ can be hard for some people, I’ll admit I don’t watch much anime myself, and usually go to non anime drawn art for inspiration, so if someone is in my boat, this might be a turn away, obviously having preference is fine, but maybe open it a tiny bit, or offer to assist with finding images if you’re willing.

Outside linked plots - I’m not going to judge what was in that link since we’re focusing on the posts here, but you might find more success if you post your plots/pairings directly, looking through a few of your posts, most are pretty empty with a more “whatever you want” vibe to them, which may be fine for some people, but when I see that, it doesn’t inspire me, I like to see plots, and form ideas in my head so I have something to be excited about before even responding.

What are you into? - having no limits is fine, but what you *want* in your stories? You don’t have to go make a whole F list with everything, but just a few things that you enjoy as themes or even specific sexual/romantic actions, again, give the reader something to plan around. This could also push away subs or someone looking more to allow you to take lead.

I wish you the best in your searching!

I'll second what most people have said. An avatar really helps you pop a little bit more and can help make your account seem a little more authentic.

Likewise, you need to let a person know what you're interested in. If there's one thing I dislike about partners, it's feeling that i need to approach them and try to drag a plot or idea out from them - that's something of a deal breaker to me. I want to see your ideas, I want to see what you like, and I want to see if I can go off of those ideas or maybe riff off a general mood and see if we can still click.

Most everyone has touched on the key points.

An eye catching avatar would help draw some attention, and avoiding the "I have no limits, whatever you want to RP is fine" type motif. People really like specific interests.

The only thing I could add would be the following:

Don't be afraid to reach out and PM people whos RTs catch your interest, but at the same time dont be upset if they ignore you or turn you down. Develop a good attitude about rejection, as there will be a few people here that you just wont mesh with. Its enevitable, just embrace it now.

See it as the price of finding a good partner and story here.

Back
Top Bottom