Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any Good Anime Lately?

mystery7

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
I just finished watching The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. I am now starting to watch The Devil is a Part Timer. Anyone know or seen any other good anime going on?

I finished The Devil is a Part Timer. Good anime so many unanswered questions at the end of the series.

I tried to watch One Punch, I really couldn't get into the series.

You might have more luck getting into Mob, it's a little more earnest and less concerned with being funny.

Golden Wind is winding down. Which kinda sucks but it means we're one step closer to Steel Ball Run (and y'all need to know the awesomeness of Funny Valentine). Outside of that, I've been rewatching Thunderbolt Fantasy (... Kinda counts?)

Little Witch Academia's perfect if you want to relive your childhood innocence. The plot is admittedly pretty simple, but it's fun and Studio Trigger's work is always pleasing to the eyes! Actually, scratch that: anything Studio Trigger I wholeheartedly recommend. Good stuff, all of it.

Konosuba is also a great choice for some laughs, it's a little more self-aware and less innocent and while we might only have 2 seasons so far we're getting a movie in August. Also, Megumin a best.

As for how one person on here put it, The rising of the shield hero is what SAO could have been if it was properly done. Highly suggest Shield hero myself as it is really well done with a great story so far.

I'm one of those old anime guru's. The one that's watched so many damn animes but no one asks for advice. I've seen the rise of anime from the early day's on the sci'fi channel and dragon ball z, to the start of Toonanimi. There were the animes that showed on the pay channels like HBO late at the nig ht. Not to forget the old korean/japanese/ect... cartoons that were taken from Bandai in the 80's/90's and given an English dub, rewriting the total script.

Though I'm not ancient. I have a subscription to Crunchy Roll, till Funimation started shitting the bed I had a subscription to them too.

Anime is in such a weird spot today. There are some amazing animes coming out, along with....some perhaps less than stellar entries. I love the damn community though. So many people with good taste across the board. Lot's of people recognize the good stuff, you always see a lot of fan's appreciating the classics.

Man Baki is fucking bonkers and I love it.
We got a dude whose 90 years old and is basically the indestructible. A homie who sings while he punches you to death, a dude who blows another dudes organs out their ears.
Granted I read the manga so I know how fucking ridonkulous it gets but I love a good reminder.

Also JoJo part 5 is close to it's ending. I love what they did with Silver Chariot Requiems Design, really nails the whole 'menacing' aspect of it.

Hmm, for comedy, Assassination Classroom is a VERY good choice, My Hero Academia for an action that blends in western superhero themes good, Parasyte: The Maxim is a beautiful thought provoking horror that is good from start to end.

If you want something that's an diamond in the rough, Lord Marksman and Vanadis is a really good series. On the surface it looks like an ecchi harem type anime, but that stuff is very minor surprisingly. There's also Danmachi, or officially known as Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon?

Back
Top Bottom