Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Be careful what you wish for... Liz and Pazzo

LizBound

Planetoid
Kate Summers blew a strand of coppery hair away from her face and then leaned down to pick up the next box of finds.

Temperature and humidity were strictly controlled in the university labs, but nevertheless it felt warm and stuffy to Kate. She’d been working on cataloguing finds form the Persia dig all morning and it was starting to get a tad tedious. But then, as a girl from Britain, studying in America, the climate never felt quite right to her, even after four years of study.

As a PhD student, she had been assigned to the conservator team of the local museum and, due to the collaborative partnership with her university they in turn used the university labs for some of the large scale conservation work of minor and lesser exhibits and finds.

The Persian dig had bene very successful and the Iranian government had been very accommodating in releasing finds to the university. True none of the finds had any particular worth, there had been little in the way of gold or precious objects. Most of the finds were household items, but nevertheless they offered a valuable insight into life in ancient Persia.

Kate opened the next box. This was the best part, the catalogue numbers offered little to suggest what was in each specimen box so Kate enjoyed anticipating what might be inside. This one was hard to guess, perhaps pottery? But when she opened the box she found it was some kind of lamp or jug? It was hard to tell under the crust of corrosion and hardened sediment.

She moved the item to her work area and started to work on the crust covering. Slowly, and with care, the item was revealed. It was an oil lamp and the metal was in surprisingly good condition. By the time she had removed the crumbling layers of dirt, the metal shone brightly with amazingly little damage or surface degradation. It appeared to mad of bronze, as she would have expected, but normally ancient items like this were green with corrosion as the copper in the alloy oxidised over time. This lamp looked, if not new, then certainly not thousands of years old. But it had been found in situ with hundreds of other finds of provable provenance. This had to be contemporary with the other finds.

“Cool!” She breathed, examining the lamp and then, feeling a small thrill of excitement at her discovery, took a soft cloth and started to gently polish the lamp’s surface.

Nothing seemed to happen for a few moments as she rubbed the lamp gently. But then the lamp seemed to vibrate in her hands and she put it down quickly on the desk and took a step back in alarm.

“What the hell?” she breathed.

A thick, soft violet mist poured forth from the nozzle of the lamp, forming a large, billowing cloud that flowed and ebbed with the gentle breeze of the laboratory. It coasted to the top of her desk, and intensified into the shape of a powerfully built man, slowly condensing until it was solid. The cloud then dispersed, to reveal a muscular individual, laying on his side, snoring away.
His lower body was clad in what looked like tight fitting, dyed black leather, with heavy lacing. His skinny waist was revealed, and on full display. Powerful lower back muscles flexed under ebony skin, with each of his great breaths. His broad shoulders were concealed with a midnight blue, sleeveless vest, trimmed with silver.

His mind was relaxed, like the first few moments before waking up from a restful sleep... One of his square, strong hands came up to his face, to brush his finely corded dreadlocks from his eyes. He sniffed once.

The dark man's eyes then shot open. To say they were unusual would be a gross understatement. His sclera was a rich onyx, with his irises glowing a soft, lazy purple. He sat bolt upright, and sniffed again, a look of confusion on his handsome face. He looked around the room, his hair tossing and flowing along with his movements.

His voice seemed to lead and trail itself, as if it was in more time than just the present. It was deep, and gravely, with what sounded like an implacable accent. "...nine hundred years?" He said, and sniffed the air again. His face then took on a look of dumbfounded realization. He then laid back upon the table, covering his face with his hands, and chuckled. "...Ghengis, you rat bastard." He murmured through his fingers. He then winked out of existence, and then immediately reappeared in front of the lamp which he had hidden in for apparently several millennia.
For a time, the adventures of his immortal life had taken him to the mongol empire, where he had met with the great Kahn. The parties had been nothing short of amazing.

The mysterious man picked up the ancient lamp, and studied it intently with his violet eyes, flickering as if he had candles of pure midnight embedded within them. "...Fooled, by the oldest damn trick in the book." He grumbled. "...Well played Temüjin. Rest well. I will see you again soon enough." He murmured into the air. He then tossed the priceless Persian er-loom to the table, and dissappeared.

He then materialized right behind the beautiful redheadded intern, Grinning with perfect teeth.

"...Please forgive my intrusion." He said in a mischevious voice. " Could you please tell me the current date? Its important. Its possible I've just been part of the longest game of hide and seek in history..."

Kate blinked in surprise and then simply stared as something impossible happened before her eyes. This was crazy, she must be going crazy, or dreaming or… or… had Amanda spiked her juice with something? She knew her flatmate experimented with drugs. But Kate doubted that Mand would stoop to such a prank.

But she could not be seeing what she was seeing. A bloody Genie? An actual, honest to God Genie? Such things were not possible! But there he was, large as life, living, breathing and… if she was honest, devilishly handsome.

“T.. Temüjin.?” She whispered the less commonly known name of Ghengis Khan, a name from the late twelfth to early 13th century. If this was a trick, it was a well-researched one.

And then he vanished, just…. Disappeared, leaving the lamp to clatter onto the table.

"...Please forgive my intrusion."

Kate almost jumped out of her skin as the voice spoke softly =, close to her ear. She whirled around and saw him right behind her.

“Shit..”

" Could you please tell me the current date? It’s important. It’s possible I've just been part of the longest game of hide and seek in history..."

“D…date? It’s 2019 but… but that’s using the Gregorian Calendar… I mean, if you’re really.. if you are… I… the Julian Calendar ended in 1585 but it’s May, erm.. Maius, 2019.” She found herself babbling. “But.. you can’t be a.. a Jinn? It makes no sense, those were just stories, you can’t be real! This has to be some kind of trick.”

"Gregorian Calendar" How interesting, the inventions that these humans come up with to try and name the infinite.

As he listened to her words, he did some quick math in his head. Sure enough he had been right. He closed his eyes and thought back to his last few moments back then. He watched as the Kahn had just conquered a rival village. Oddly, the king had immediately wanted to play a game of hide and seek with the Jinn.

Much to his Shame, Matata loved hide and go seek above anything else, and immediately hid in one of the many oil laps that were left in what remained of the town.

He had figured Genghis would look in all of them. He had been wrong. The Jinn wondered whatever happened to that town. Matt looked around the room, and saw many such items from that location and more, from the lands of the Persian kingdoms as well. All of them looked aged and dated, some caked with thick layers of dust and grime.

A private art collector perhaps? This was indeed the same world, just a few hundred years later.

The Jinn stretched his powerful looking arms, and flexed his chiseled abdominal muscles as he breathed in deeply of this new air. It seemed oddly clean and free of contaminants. Most interesting.

He the turned his attention back to the girl, and considered her for a moment. She was attractive, petite, with nice curves, and a wealth of coppery red hair. He then sniffed lightly of the air around him, and his violent eyes took a more mischievous air. His highly sensitive nose had picked up upon the girls pheremones.

She had found him attractive. So then, there was a mutual attraction. He bowed low to her, with a flourish.

"My name is Matata, given to me by my birth parents...." He rumbled to the young woman, standing back up to his full height of six foot eight inches. "...A name that oddly enough, means "Troublemaker" in my homelands."

He slowly walked around the woman, looking her up and down, appraising her. "I like to think more of myself as a fun maker." He murmured in a seductive tone. "Tell me, pretty girl, what name were you given by your own birth parents?"

Kate could not believe what was happening, This had to be a trick of some kind.

“My name? I’m Kate, Kate Summers, soon to be Doctor Kate Summers, I’m working on my PhD?”

She took an involuntary step back, this person or… or whatever it was, was very… male, and he was looking at her like a wolf might view a tender lamb. It was disconcerting and made her feel vulnerable. Struggling to grapple some control of the situation back, she rallied her thought.

“Look, this has to be some kind of trick. You can’t seriously expect me to believe you are some kind of… Genie? The whole notion is preposterous! Did Gavin set you up to this to wind me up?”

She took another half step back and found her bum pressing into the wood of the lab bench.

“I.. however you did it, I have to have to admit the effects were impressive. But I think it’s time to stop messing about now. I have work to do.”

Matt listened to her words, his ears tasting of every syllable as if it were a delicacy, given that he found her voice very attractive...

He wanted to spend more time with her, to tall to her, and to know her in more ways than one.
Granted, the powers of a Jinn were nigh infinite, all he had to do was maintain a balance of forces. He could easily reach out into the ether, and grasp at the silken threads of her fate, and instantly know everything she had done, and every possibility of her furture...

But where was the fun in that?
That was the rule then. No cheating with this one. The thrill of the hunt was on, with the adrenaline it provided in full swing.

He listened to her words, about how the word "genie" was being tossed about. Matt reached out into reality itself, like one might use google to search and define a term, albiet much faster, with greater understanding, and with far more accuracy.

The results were amusing enough, of some powerful entity that has been released from a prison, usually consisting of a turkish style oil lamp, or bottle, or similar container.

He arched and eyebrow, with the opposite corner of his mouth turning upwards. Her particularly liked the Barbara Eden version. But sure enough, the effects she had just witnessed fit the description of what she had seen, granted he was not beholden to her, and posessed his free will.

She however, didnt know that. He decided to play along. Matt was grateful to be woken if nothing else. The pretty girl spoke of her occupation demanding of her time.

"Alright, if you wish to get work done, then lets do some work. The little business about the three wishes can wait..."

He winked out of existence into a puff of sweet smelling blue and violet smoke, only to reappear behind the table, dressed in a white labcoat with an ID badge just like hers that read "Doctor Jinn".

His finely woven black dreadlocks were gathered back away from his face, as he adjusted his new Buddy Holly style glasses, and holding a metal clipboard.

"Your profession demands that you catalog, identify, and care for these artifacts, correct?" He murmured to her that was in a voice that was still his, but perhaps more refined and professional. "... I can help with that, and perhaps speed things along..."

OK, there was no way that was a simple trick. She was watching the whole time and she saw him change his appearance in the wink of an eye. His hair had changed and his outfit had changed in less than half a second.

"Hell's bells!" she gasped, struggling to graps the fact that this might just be real. And wait.. what did he just say, three wishes?

Three wishes... the actual bloody wishes?

"Your profession demands that you catalog, identify, and care for these artifacts, correct? I can help with that, and perhaps speed things along..."

Kate was not keeping up. "Say what now? I uh... " she inhaled deeply trying to get a grip on her shattered thoughts. "I yes.. yes that's right. I identify and catalogue, and, if necessary do some initial clean up work so that things are easier to identify. Mosty of this is just household detritus but it helps tell us about how people lived... " her voice trailed off, this all seemd a little trivial in the face of what was happening.

"But wait a second, you said something about wishes? You mean that part of the legend is true, you can grant actual wishes?"

The oldest possible scientist in the world shook his head at her use of profanity, calling out the hellish bronze percussion instruments, that called the damned and truly evil to their eternal tortures...

Matata made no outward indication , but inside of his mind he was grinning ear to ear. The young girl had taken the bait.

He flashed his handsome ebony face at her, which wore a look of convincing concern. "...Well, I suppose working with these priceless antiquities, and unearthing the rituals, day to day activities, and other discoveries can wait." He murmured in a dignified, well executed welsh accent.

He took off his glasses, revealing his new, human looking eyes to her. While his scleras were now white, his irises were a bright, rich amber coloring, which still gave his eyes an unearthly air.
He then gave her a steady, level gaze. "Yes, that is the way this works, correct? You free me from my prison, and I grant you 3 limitless wishes."

Mat the took a step towards her., invading her personal space a little. "...Anything, and everything you could possibly desire." He murmured, still professional, but with a seductive undertone.
"...Everything you secretly love, but have always been too embarrassed to admit to..." In a decidedly more seductive tone, but with only a hint of professionalism.

He then leaned in close, his hands on the table on either side of her waist. Matt then brought his lips close to her ear, enough to feel the heat, but not savor the kiss. Not yet. A hint of his exotic cologne could be detected, a single drop of which likely costing more than a small country spent in a year."...As well as a few things that might just scare you, but thrill you nonetheless." Which was murmured in a pure, deep voice, laded and dripping with arousal.

Matt then took a step back, his arms out to the side, smiling at her the way an alligator smiles at a helpless gazelle its about to rush and devour...
"All you have to do is say what you want, out loud. But be careful, and word things appropriately. Once they are spent, they are gone forever, so choose wisely...."

Kate couldn’t help it.

“You’re totally kidding me, actual wishes?”

She stared at Matata. “Wishes..” she repeated redundantly.

She moved over to a lab stool and perched on it, her heart quickened and her breath coming a little faster than normal. This was all too much to absorb. A bloody Genie with actual wishes?

Her mind rand through all the stories and legends she knew concerning Genies. Most of them were fairy tales but. As far as she could recall, the wishes were actual wishes, but normally genies were predisposed to be a little capricious and one had to be very careful with how wishes were phrased. If this was not some crazy trick this could be the best thing ever, but she didn’t trust Matata yet, and she wasn’t sure she shouldn’t just try and get him back in that lamp and bury it back in the ground.

But then someone else might get her wishes…

‘What am I doing?’ she said to herself. ‘My wishes? And I seriously considering this?”

“Wait.. Matata… I mean, this seems like a gift, but I’ve heard too many stories. Let me ask you a rhetorical question. To be clear I’m not wishing for anything right now. If… and I repeat, if I asked you to put ten million pounds in my bank account, and you obliged. Where would that money come from? Would you be taking it from other people’s pockets? I don’t want to hurt people with my own selfishness. And this is all presuming you are not just pulling my leg.”

"Yes my dear..." He said to her in a tone that dripped with seduction. "...Three wishes, whatever it is that you desire, can be yours."

He then listened to her questions.

"Ahh..." He said gently, "...So we are speaking hypothetically?" He mused to the young scientist.

"Well, it seems the human race's knowledge of scientific laws has expanded greatly. You seem an educated type, So I will use terminology that you are familiar with." He then winked out of existence again, and then reappeared upon the desk in a puff of blue and violet smoke...

He tapped his black bearded chin thoughtfully. "It would be similar to Newton's third law, and the laws of thermodynamics." The ebony skinned Jinn murmured to her, low and deep. "...there always has to be a balance. Ten million units of your home country's currency, in this case, the pound sterling, would have to come from somewhere else. " He said to her evenly. "I could shut down a company, and liquidate their holdings, and then deposit that into your account. Questions might be asked, and thousands would be out of work...." He murmured.

"...A less drastic solution would be: "I want to win a contest in which the prize is ten million pounds", as such, I could pull a few strings, and they money is yours, less any applicable taxes of course. It would answer all questions leveled at you. After everything is all said and done, you would have roughly six and one half pounds in your bank account, to do with as you wish, with minimal impact upon reality..."

“Ok I think I get it.”

I can’t believe I’m giving this serious thought. This is utter madness, but if there is even a emote change this could be true… I could give myself a very nice life and, at the same time maybe do some good. I had an idea that had come into my head that was just so appealing I had to see if I could make this work.

“I’m going to need a minute.” I said, and pulled out a pad, jotting down notes and crossing things out. Rewording and tweaking. After a few minutes I nod in satisfaction. I was no lawyer, but I thought this was pretty watertight.

“OK, Matata, I guess this is where we find out if I have been the most gullible idiot in history, or…” I left the sentence unfinished as I started down at what I had written.

“I wish that you could remove 10% of the invested funds from every greedy fat cat banker or business owner who gives themselves obscene bonuses at the expense of the workers that made their money. Those funds will be transferred without any discernible way of tracing or detection, into a private, high interest bank account that will belong to me, the bank account code and account number will be added to my online banking app on my phone and will be available to me via the app, and a bankers card that will appear in purse upon completion of this wish.”

I took in a deep breath as I finished. Then I pulled out my phone and opened my banking app.

“Let’s see what you can do, genie!”

Matata's violet eyes flared in amusement as the pretty little redhead wrote down words in exactly the proper order she thought of as best, with as little wiggle room as possible for him to play any of his usual pranks.

He wondered if he made it too easy for her, letting it slip that a balance must be met for their to be harmony in the realities, to not upset the cosmic balance.
Her wish was worded quite well, and he felt her intentions through it. She was not overtly greedy, only asking a modest 10% of the more corrupt and the greedy of company executives, as well as stating a few words to cover her tracks.
The ancient Jinn stroked his long, glossy black beard as he considered his options. He could possibly be a little sadistic, as she did not say the wish need be completed today.

She also said to transfer all of the funds in such a way that they couldn't be traced or leave any tracks as to where the funds were going. That being said, he could simply route and re route the money infinitely, laundering it through many different channels. To make it undetectable he could shift and move things around endlessly.
No, there was no fun in that. Sure it would aggravate her and make her pout that her funds wouldn't be available right now, but Matt surmised it would be far more amusing to make the funds available as soon as possible, to then watch her get excited, and possibly spend and spend and spend in one area, destroying the local economy of a city or town...

"Hmm..." He murmured to her, as he considered a long list of names. Her reasoning and criteria were left up to him to decide who was corrupt and who was not, and so that gave him a little more leeway.
He mentally prepared an account that met her conditions in switzerland, as well as a few investments that would act as a tax shelter.
Matata smiled, and then pointed at her purse, implanting a specialized magnetic stripe card, with a solid state chip embedded just under its surface.

"Granted..." He murmured to her in a rich baritone voice. He then mentally whispered to himself.

"Alright girl, you now have a little over one and a half billion pound sterling at your disposal. Lets see what kind of hell you cause..."

(sorry about shifting to first, apologies, tends to happen if I get into it.)

Katie tapped the bank account app and swiped down to refresh. To her astonishment a new account appeared in the app.

"Kate's Treasure?" Katie glanced up at Matata who merely watched with an amused expression. She glanced back down and tapped the account name to open the account on her phone. For a moment she stared, unblinking, not quite registering the zeroes, losing the decimal point. Then she found it. She felt her heart accelerating, felt her cheeks redden with heat as blood rushed to her head.

Then she sat mouth slightly agape.

“I.. wait..” she counted the zeroes again.

“I thought that was tens of mill.. no wait.. nine zeroes is .. holy fucking shit!”

She had to struggle to hold onto her phone, for some reason her hand was shaking. She put the phone down on the lab bench and rummage din her purse holding up the platinum card, reading her name and the matching account number.

She looked up at Matata, incredulous.

“You.. this is not bullshit.. I’m not stupid, you can’t manipulate apps that easily, this isn’t a prank.. you really did that.. I… that money is… holy shit!”

“One and a half billion FUCKING quid?”

She was not one to swear, she had been brought up to avoid swearing whenever possible, But this felt like one of those times.

“One and a half BILLION?”

She stumbled back onto the stool and held trembling hands to her face.

What was she supposed to do with money like that?

‘Anything!’ Supplied her subconscious. ‘Everything!’

“I.. I need to think about this… I mean… bloody hell!. Can you like… go back in your.. or… I mean.. .I want to go home.. that’ not a wish. I am going to go… home. I need to think, but I need to take you with me, you can’t stay here… Do I need to…” she held up the lamp. “I have to keep this…”

She started gathering up her things to head home, her mind whirling. Struggling to cope with too much now and impossible facts. She felt light headed, the room started to spin… then everything went black.

Matata had to cover his mouth to stifle a laugh. He had no idea if one and a half billion units of her countries currency was worth 10% of ever greedy bastard's take or not, but it did have the effect upon her that he had wanted to elicit.

He blinked away and reappeared to catch her in his arms as she dropped the old oil lamp that had been his hiding place for the last several hundred years, as he deftly caught it with his foot, stroking a ridiculous post that only a Jinn could maintain.

He looked around, and mentally sensed all of the things she felt were important, her handbag, her notes, the lamp, and gripped them with his mind.

Within only a few heartbeats, Matata appeared in the girl's modest studio flat. It was small, but cozy and well furnished. Her bed was in the corner with curtains around it, making a makeshift room.
He souldered past the material, and drew back her covers, as he laid her down in her comfy looking bed, and drew up her comforter around her and up to her shoulders.

He thought of laying in the bed with her for a moment. She was quite the attractive little prize. He decided against that though, perhaps later...

Matata entered her living room, and spied a large rectangular glass thing mounted to the wall.

"This must be one of those newfangled things called TVs..." He muttered. "Still fairly impressive that humans developed these so quickly..."

He fished around on her mismatched coffee table for the remote, and clicked the rectangular device on.
Several people were running up and down a wooden court, passing and bouncing an orange ball. At each end of the court was a metal hoop, which they tried to throw the ball through.

"...This looks kind of like xcaret..." He murmured to the TV, as he sat, and watched, momentarily perplexed, but then super interested.

He quietly watched as his new "Mistress" slumbered away her stress.

Matata winked out of existence, and then reappeared dressed in a full Chicago Bulls uniform, and a massive hotdog...

Kat slowly came to. She had the wildest dream, she had been at the lab and had found a genie in a lamp!

She groaned and raised her head of the pillow and looked around. The TV was on, which was weird, she never left the TV on. She fumbled for her glasses and [pulled them on so she could read the time on the clock.

“What the hell?” She looked around, she was still dressed. Something really strange was going on, wait.. in the dream she had passed out right after the bit about the money. Wait… She tried to think, it wasn’t often a dream was a lucid or so clear after waking. Usually her dreams faded after a second or two, but she remembered so much, the genie had been called Matata, she could remember his face and the sound of his voice.

She pulled back the covers and got to her feet. She never went to bed clothed.

A suspicion began to form and then she head a grunt and a low voiced ‘Come on!”

Matata… that was him!

“Hoy crap!” she breathed, and tried to collect her thoughts. She located her phone and checked her banking app again. Yep, she was still insanely rich. Her heart was hammering in her chest again and she chowed on her forefinger as she started at the impossibly big number displayed in her balance.

“I can buy anything… I never have to work again… I could live… anywhere…”

She felt a surging swell of conflicting emotions. This was unbelievable, and amazing. She could pay her parent’s mortgage. She could buy them whatever they wanted. Dad had always wanted to learn to fly, she could pay for lessons, bugger that, she could buy him a bloody plane!

And she still had two wishes.

Slowly, she went to the curtains around her bed and peeped through. He was there watching basketball and clearly enjoying it! She stepped through and walked to the couch.

“Uh… hi.”

She perched on the edge of the couch.

“I… thank you, for bringing me home.. I.. thank you.”

It seemed like a ridiculously small thing to say after what he had done for her.

Matata brought his finger to his lips, his eyes still glued to the television. As his team made a goal, he then jumped up with both muscular arms thrust into the air, chanting "YES!..." several times.

He then did a comical victory dance around the room. " This evolution of Xcaret is really something..." the Jinn murmured to her. "I mean, they don't kill anyone or make them bleed ritualistically, but its fun to watch!" He exclaimed.

He then winked out of phase again, appearing behind her in a puff of violet smoke. "Don't mention it." He murmured to her in response to her thanking him. "It's not everyday that one gets a massive amount of money placed into their bank accounts like that. You handled it rather well all things considered." He chuckled, his glowing blue eyes studied her. carefully.

"Now then..." He said solemnly "...If I might make a suggestion. I have had many make the same wish that you did, only to see them regret it later...." He murmured seriously.

"Your best bet would be to invest 90% back into your stock markets, and various low risk securities. Keep the ten percent to play with, and do whatever you like. one hundred and fifty million pounds is still a lot of money..."

Kat was still trying to take it all on, but she heard him and what he said seemed to make sense. It was crazy to think she had all this money, this was real!

“Matata… I have to thank you… I thought you were lying, I thought this was all trick but… I have to believe this. So… two more wishes? I’m not going to rush. I want to get my head wrapped around the fact I’ve just become indecently rich.”

She smiled, it was really happening.

“I… I don’t know what’s going to happen next, but I know this is going to be an interesting ride. She pulled out her old laptop. That would have to go, she always wanted a state of the art computer. Now she could have as many as she wanted.

She called up a few property web pages and started to look around. This apartment suddenly felt small, dirty and claustrophobic.

She had a lot of things to do and to think about.

---------------------------------------------------

Six weeks later:

"Yes please, put that over there, no in the library please. Thanks guys."

Kat smiled as the last few items were unloaded and brought through. The house still seemed empty, even with all her things in, and the new furniture. There was so much space!

Most of her money was now safely tired up in investments. Matata had been so helpful in that regard, offering advice and being genuinely concerned that her money stay safe. No one at the bank had seemed to question her sudden 'inheritance', or if they had they said nothing. She had half expected serious men in serious suits to come knocking. But no one had come.

Her new house was beautiful. I was an old house, but well looked after. It looked out over the river and had easy access to forests and hills. She was only five miles out of town so that was good for having fun.

Three floors of large rooms, an indoor swimming pool, grounds, cellars which had been converted to fully heated and carpeted rooms in their own right. A south facing studio room with lots of glass which she had a hankering to turn into an art studio, she’d always wanted more time to draw and paint.

It was a palace to her. Matata had seemed to think it was modest, but she also sensed he grudgingly approved she had not bought something ridiculously lavish.

Now a new phase in her life was starting. She had quit her research job. It stung a little not to complete her PhD, but that seemed redundant now. She could always resume that in a year or two. But she somehow doubted she might ever get round to it. She could devote the rest of her long life to study if she wanted to.

Hmm long life, that reminded her of her second wish she had been mapping out. Maybe it was time. She would talk to Matata after dinner.

“So… I was thinking about wish number two.” Kat said, sipping a glass of exquisite red wine. “I think I pretty much have it all worked out. I’m sorry it’s taken so long, I had to think about the wording. I’m considering the old heath, and immortality bit. Living forever has its appeal, but I have to stay healthy too.”

She pulled out a written sheet of paper. On it was written a short few lines.

"I wish stay alive, active and capable forever as the most perfect version of my human self that I can be, perfect health and youth and looks, able to live as I please without fear of death, disease or other malady that might affect my abilities.”

She didn’t think a written wish would count, and this way she could sound out his opinion.

Matata was somewhat impressed with her, as she had actually listened to his counsel, rather than just assuming she was in total control of him, and could do whatever the hell she wanted, as she damn well pleased, Like so many others. It showed a wisdom and presence of mind that he found refreshing, even attractive in a female.

The ten percent skim she took from countless greedy type went largely unnoticed, as such accounting errors happen often enough, or are lost through stock prices falling on the markets.
The investments she had made largely focused on established blue chip securities, with a few in higher risk small businesses that Matata had suggested that he found promising, and helping the grow by increasing their operating revenue.
She had been frugal, purchasing this older home with a lot of character, likewise giving business to private contractors in the area to rework and rebuild parts of it.
If anything he was impressed, as this was one of the first wishes for wealth that had not completely destroyed the local economy, but actually shored it up.
The more time the Jinn spent with the young woman, the more attracted to her he felt. She likewise took her time considering her wishes, which once again showed she wasn't completely stupid.
He then listened to her as she showed him her written wish, something she had considered carefully, to word correctly.
The ebony skinned Jinn's glowing violet eyes traced over the written words carefully, and considered her request.
He folded his powerful arms across his chest, and then floated up into the are, making swimming motions, swimming through the air like one would the water.

"Hmmm..." He murmured to himself.
"If I may...' Matata murmured to himself "...I have granted variations of that wish before, as the wealth and health wishes are the most popular." he said to her as he backstroked through the air.

"...Initially, people are very happy with their new immortality and perfect health, but as the years drag on, they watch their loved ones grow old and die. That wears on them. Eventually, they become more and more miserable, and rarely make it past their first three hundred years before depression sets in, and they kill themselves from sheer insanity and boredom." He said to her in an even tone.

"You however don't seem to have any really good friends, or any loved ones left. Perhaps you would be happy and do alright I suppose. The rule of law however is that immortals are not able to have children and reproduce. They would overpopulate the earth, and famine would result... Aside from that, I see no complications..."

“Hmm.”

Matata had come up with some interesting points. She took out a pen and started to scribble down some amendment, crossing out elements and rewording phrases. Eventually, she sat back, blowing a strand of hair away from her face as she read through what she had written.

It seemed pretty watertight, she could not think of any easy way it could be broken or corrupted short of Matata . Accidents could be an issue, if she was run over, she would not die and would somehow return to full health, more or less instantly she would have to be careful and not squander the life she was wishing for. The ‘get out of immortality’ clause was good. She had no idea what living forever might be like. So long as she had a way to end it, that should eliminate that wrinkle and give her the option to have one last run at a ‘normal’ life.

No, it worked.

“OK Matata.” She looked up at the genie whom she was still only just starting to get used to being around. “I would like to make my second wish.”
She stood up and read from her sheet.

"I wish to stay alive, active and capable forever as the most perfect version of my human self that I can be, perfect health and youth and looks, able to live as I please without fear of death, disease or other malady that might affect my abilities until such time as I decide to settle down and start a family, declared in writing, signed and dated. at which time, I will live a long and healthy life of at least eighty years barring accidental death. My final natural death will be, barring accidents. of natural causes, with no pain or suffering of any kind up to the last night of my life at which point I will slip away painlessly in my sleep.”
She inhaled deeply, her pulse racing. What would he think of it? What would it feel like to be perfectly healthy?

The ebony skinned Jinn grinned at hearing her words, stated professionally, with a detail that would rival most ivy leauge lawyers...

Sure, there were enough loopholes in her statement that he could cause her enough mischief and misery to sate his slightly sadistic side, but, she was genuine in her intent. She sought only to control her own fate for the better, and while the advantages were there for herself, they were well thought out to benefit not only herself, but others as well.

He could gauge her intent easilly enough. His purple glowing eyes flashed once mischeviously, as the pretty little young redhead's skin suddenly cleared up, and any blemishes suddenly dissappeared.

Any wrinkles or trace imperfections were blown away, as well as the excess pound or two suddenly melting away. Her breasts lifted a little, growing two full cup sizes, as her waist slimmed down a little, with her hips widening maybie an inch, with her buttocks enlarging deliciously.

Soon she was sporting a perfect feminine form, easilly capable of making the instictual neural pathways of all heterosexual men fire away, making them desire to drag her back to thier caves, to make many healthy, strong babies with her.

Matata himself was not immune, and felt his own loins stir a little, as his eyes admired her. Her pursed his lips in a sexy, devil may care manner, and nodded his head to her once.

"Granted..." He murmured to her softly...

Katie inhaled sharply as the magic took hold. She felt herself changing, felt her skin smooth, her body seemed filled with energy as any aches and pains, subtle enough that she had not even noticed them till now were washed away and replaced with vigour and flexibility in her joints. Her entire body seemed to shift.

It was amazing! She felt so alive!

But then she felt her little black dress tighten around her hips and breasts, her waist shrank and she gasped as her breasts swelled and her bottom rounded.

“What the hell?” she gasped.

Her legs seemed longer although she was only a little taller than she had been a moment ago her hair felt thicker and more lustrous. Her eyesight had improved, and she knew she wold never need glasses again.

“Holy crap!” she breathed as her hands ran up and down her form. She stood, a little uncertainly as she adjust to a new centre of gravity, and moved to a mirror.

“Shit,. Matata! What did you do?”

She was still her, but somehow everything was just…more! Her body was… incredible!

She wasn’t sure she liked the spin he had made on her wish, she felt like a bimbo looking like this. The dress clung almost absurdly to her boobs. They swelled, round and full and defied gravity with cheerful abandon. She wold have to trough all her bra’s away, they would be way too small.

“What have you done?” she breathed.

The handsome Jinn's violet glowing eyes narrowed in a predatory manner, as he pursed his lips. He eyed her new exquisite form from head to toe, and felt his own loins stir.

Despite his supernatural nature, and his considerable age, he was still very much a man.

After he approved the sexy girl's new figure, he broght his eyes up to her lovely, if annoyed face.

His eyes instinctively went to her full breasts, stretching out her shirt just a little too much, and licked his lips instinctively. Oh to be able to feel them, massage them, suckle upon thier...

"Ahem..." The Jinn interrupted his thoughts, as he forcible tore his eyes away from her magnificent breasts, looking her straight in the eye.

"...Lets just say you wished to be the most perfect version of yourself." He said in his usual, sediuctive tone, as his eye twinkled mischeviously. "...Your body was modified to an average of what most heterosexual men find attractivem, based upon current tastes, media outlets, and fashon magazines..."

He then instinctively took a step towards her, desiring her for himself.

Buit that was not his place. She had not wished to be with him, and so he stopped himself. Maddening as it was to view such a perfect vision of sexualized feminity before him, he kept himself under control.

"...Men, and even some women, will have a hard time saying no to you now." He murmured. "You still have one wish left, and you entire immortal life ahead of you... So far you have chosen wisely. I'm eager to see where you go from here."

Back
Top Bottom