Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through violet eyes and black stone (Asaka-Chan/Kratos)

The air is thick in the swamplands and the sounds of insects along with local wild life fill the smothering air. The music of the swamp was torn apart by the sound of bullets and ricochet. A young woman blunders through the swamp gasping for air as she tore through the foliage. Her eyes were wide and dirt coated every inch of her body. The only thing that wasn’t wet and a dingy brown was her wide violet eyes.
Her chest heaved in and out as she stood still for a few seconds. It wasn’t long until a spray of bullets shot across the small area she was hiding. Once again she was forced into the water with the alligators. Her feet couldn’t touch the ground in some places but at this point in time, she didn’t care. She had to make it out of the swamp or die trying. About ten miles from the direction she was going in was a highway, perhaps she could sneak onto a big rig and ride it to the nearest town. It sounded like a half-baked plan, but it was a plan none the less.

Seth had to live everyday in what he would refer to as a concrete jungle,.. everything was either artificial or human made in his departments, and his job was very similar. He was the one that they the company that he worked for would always come to when it came to problems.. he was a quick thinker in general and seemed to manage to get his job done and help out, and so before long he became what some would call the maintenance checker.. an important role but it was only such a role when he had nothing else to do. This government was full of loop holes, but that meant issues as well.. and unfortuanately he like everyone else.. was stuck within it's grasp though, no matter how well he worked, they could detach him from his position if they decided to.. Now he was just driving instead, the day was at it's end and finally .. to be honest, the car was his home away from home.. and his escape away from work.. Its seats were leather covered, and reasonably comfortable.. the car itself just a simple vehicle of the time.. the only good thing about it, the dark tinted windows.. that he could see out.. but they could not see in. This was a journey he was used to, most of the time the traffic flowed and nothing occurred.. but today he took a detour to escape that pulse of vehicles.. it sometimes would get to cluttered, and end up costing more time then a back route.. but because of taking a back route.. that usually only trucks took, he did not know this would be were he would meet someone.. not by choice, but just because he was in in the right place.. at the right time, or maybe the wrong time.. that was uncertain..

Dripping wet with swamp water, the woman clambered out onto dry land. She was exhausted from running and her heart was beating so fast that she was afraid it would come out of her chest. No longer able to hear gun shots, a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Then she looked ahead and heard cars. She wasn't far from the highway now. Her plan was to get as far away from the area as possible and the only way available to her at the moment was by car. Sopping wet and thickly coated in mud, she appeared to be something that came from an old horror movie, but she didn't seem to care. Now hiding in the dense brush she waited for a car to make it's way down the road. Spotting a car in the distance, the woman sat back and waited for the right moment to move. Once it got within 100-50 feet, she shot out in front of the vehicle and threw her body in front of the hood.

Although he was slightly a scenic driver when he got the chance he just wanted to get home today, it was a long day, and a tiresome one at that. Hopefully nothing would occur as he was certain earlier something was occurring,.. their had been reports of possible gun shots but they were probably rumors.. that and well only the government had licenses these days for hand held guns. If you yourself had a gun, it either was registered for one thing.. government use or it did not exist, it was a method of control.. which seemed to be working well, his eyes were lucky not looking around when he saw the person throw herself in front of his car, instantly he had to stomp down on the break.. hopefully it would be enough distance not to cause injury, but it was kind of odd to have someone just jump out, they obvious desperately wanted a lift.. and if they went to that measure.. well SEth was not that meant to decline. His breaks screeched and his tire marks were slightly embedded into the roads design the tarmac causing his wheels to grip reasonably although it had definitely taken some driving life.. off what were a new set about two weeks ago. It was not enough to slow down completely but when he did hit her, it was slow.. almost slow enough that it might have only felt like a shove as the car then came to a complete halt, he went to swerve away, but the other lane was gravel, it was a silly design but they were planning to rebuild that section. .and he knew he would have rolled or hit something he swerved into that.. the car would have no grip, no traction.. and the tree would probably be it's stopping place. "are you insane... You should not jump at a car like that.. get in quick.. I am not going to leave you here,.. or else you might hurt yourself doing that.."

((Meh, I tried to go without mentioning her name until she introduced herself but I can't. -.-))

The car slowed down and shoved her light body back a few feet. Asaka fell back on her bottom and skidded slightly. Her eyes were bright and she kept them open the entire time she fell. Once the car came to a complete halt, she got up and walked over to the vehicle. He was lecturing her before she could even begin to do anything. Her bright violet eyes watched him with mechanical expression. Then she heard a faint but audible gun shot in the distance. The girl’s eyes changed to fear and she hopped into the car. Closing the door quickly she glanced back into the woods then she grabbed his arm. Then squeezed it with strength unnatural to a girl her age and size. "Get me out of here now!" She said in a shaky voice. "I don't want to hurt you so please just drive." Asaka said with her hand still firmly clasped on his arm.

Seth had also heard the gunshot and saw the fear that crossed them across her eyes, was she being chased.. this could have been a bad idea stopping. If she was being chased.. and considering their was a gunshot.. maybe it was something to do with the.. his thoughts were cut off as he felt his arm almost being crushed by the girl that had suicidally jumped out in front of his car,. Considering what the girl looked like in proportion.. such strength.. it made little to no sense to him but he put down his foot considering if she could do that,.. well it would be easy for her to probably crush any of his bones of she applied enough pressure if she tried. "Look you have got me into what ever this mess is your in.. you can at least tell me what I have been dragged into.. since guns are involved obviously.." He concentrated dodging some of the traffic, he figured fast was the best method at the moment, considering the traffic on this road was generally slow but at least their was little of it.

(I don't bother with third person.. I just make sure characters don't say each others names unless they previously know them or they have been said to each other x])

The tires gripped the road tightly and he sped off with Asaka's firm grip on his arm. She looked over her shoulder in the direction of the forest. She slowly let go of his arm and relaxed in the passenger side of the car. "I'm afraid it hard to explain. Just drop m off in a highly populated area and you can go back to your life as usual. When the authorities ask you what happened simply tell them I threatened your life. If I tell you anymore then you will know too much and they will make sure you are taken care of." She looked rattled, but as the time passed she seemed to be relaxing more. Her body appeared to be bare save for the skintight one-piece suit she wore. Mud covered every inch of her and it was packed on thick. Her eyes seemed to stick out from the shell of hardened muck like violet gems.

(You will have to excuse my posts. They aren't as large as yours.)

Part of Seth decided to shake his head, he did not want to give them reason to come and see him at all.. If they came to his house the authorities would discover things that would allow them to charge him anyhow. It was why he generally played a low profile but now that was ruined. His blue eyes glanced to the side seeing her start to relax into the chair a little his other eye still looking on the road before both focused straight ahead again. "Look,.. the fact of them coming to my house is bad enough.. What I have their is enough to possibly get them to murder me anyhow.. So you may as well tell me at least who you are.. if you don't want to tell me the reason your being chased.. I guess somethings are best not found out.. but lets begin with your name at least, who are you.. I don't wanna just call you something like girl, or muddy mess..."

She didn't seem to see the humor in the names he thought to call her if he were not to know his name. Sighing heavily, she looked out into the horizon from the window of the passenger’s side of the car. Then she glanced back at him. "Which name would you like to hear? The one I'm actually called or the name I prefer to be called?" She asked then she lifted her hand to rub her throat. It was covered in mud, but underneath it all was damaged tissue that circled all around her neck. The fact that he had some things that would make the government want to get rid of him without her involvement made her curious, but it wasn't evident by her expressions. Her over all look stayed cold like that of a machine. "....What did you have to hide?" She asked simply referring to what he said about them finding things in his home.

He continued to drive, his foot casually keeping the speed up to just above the back road limits, he thought for a moment about her question before Seth answered "Obviously what you would prefer to be called.." He fell silent hearing her other question. He had neither expected it or prepared for it but slowly began to speak "If you must know, I have a few things stolen from the government themselves, that once they find out it was me.. Well lets just say they would not hesitate with putting a bullet through my head. It's their plans that they have prepared to issue out on the population of the town.. complete and utter control beyond the level we have.. They.." Seth cut himself off before looking at her again "I don't think i will tell you anymore.. unless you plan on sharing why you were running through a swamp, almost suicidally stop a car and then try to force me to drive.. but before all that, your name that you prefer.."

She watched him with penetrating violet eyes and showed no sign of movement until he finished. "I would like to be called Asaka..." Her gaze swung from him to the open road. The mud was drying on her skin and chipping lightly. "I guess either way you're going to be in trouble.." She started with a sigh in her voice. "According to public records...Things like me don't exist. I wasn't allowed to leave my 'holding room'. This is my first time outside in a couple years. Since I'm outside and I'm being shot at, so it's obvious that the government isn't happy with me being out in the world. Does that answer your question?" She asked looking over to him from the horizon.

Those eyes of hers,.. he could not help but look into them occasionally but at the moment his main focus was still on the road, the back roads sometimes unpredictable and so it paid to be alert sometimes. At least he knew her name she preferred to be called now, although what else was told to him slightly surprised him. What exactly is Asaka.. that would make the government try and shoot her for leaving a room they kept her in.. This is all a little confusing.. "You said according to the public things like you don't exist.. what exactly are you then Asaka?"

Asaka looked at him with a sad gaze and hesitated to tell him. It was like she could see the men from her holding quarters strapping him to a chair and beating him mercilessly until he told them everything. She looked at her hands then out to the road. He was helping her without fighting back, and she was getting him into a can of worms that he would probably never be able to escape, so she owed him this much. "It's obvious that I'm not human isn't it? I'm not quite sure what the actual name of my species is, but my keepers back in the holding lab call me Gorro then add a number.." Her voice was sad but tried to keep a machine-like expression as if she was trained to do so, but her eyes showed everything.

The more that Seth was finding out the more he realized what would occur to him if they ever captured him,.. he had managed to live without telling anything in interrogations before.. but he doubted if the government caught him again, he would be left off so easy. She was some sort of either creation or something else.. and the government had been keeping them a secret so it seemed more then the plans he had back at his own home.. sure they showed pure control over anything. But people knew about that partially already which instead this was more severe. He could tell just from her eyes a sadness existed and so he lightly placed his hand on her shoulder "Look, I can't just let you roam free around here then.. After all I do that.. and I will be probably captured.. and well we can both guess or know what will happen then.. So instead, I am going with you now.. I will help in anyway i can.. believe me, it will be better then the job I have now.."

"I did put you in a bit of a nasty situation.." she breathes as she scratched at some of the muck that covered her body. "I will travel with you. I don't know much about the local geography and I would obviously stick out covered in mud." Asaka sighed looking out to the horizon once again. Then she looked at him. "Is there any place where I could bathe?" She asked almost like she believed there wasn't such a place outside her holding cell.

((Please excuse the late past and the lack of size. I caught a bit of writer’s block.))

Seth just shrugged of her comment that she had said, as he thought about it,.. he knew of one place they could go. That had been a friend of the families land.. although it was abandoned a while ago and new ownership had been taken.. by someone not connected to him at all, but the place.. never had people. He had checked it out numerous times.. and it was in the mountains, quite a nice place really.. although he knew only that the water worked.. because in the 20 acre yard.. a huge catchment which seemed to be filtered.. made up the water, and it seemed that the house was powered by solar power.. which would mean candles possibly some nights if their was not much sun during the day.. "I know of such a place,.. that has no connection to me.. which we could hide out in,.. and it still has a form of electricity and water..., it's in the mountains.. quite a nice location actually but first we need to go past my house to collect a few weapons that I have..."

(note your character should probably stop him from doing such a thing.. because this would be the first place they would look.. and it could be possible this would end up in their capture.. heh)

//Eek writters block.. I hope its not contagious xD//

"Is it in a secluded space? I planned on going to a area with a lot of people. It is easier to hide in such places." Asaka recalled having to locate a man in a city. She was order to kill him when he was alone. It took her a week to get the man to a place where there would be no witnesses. The day played through her head like a clip from a movie. She was wearing a black robe like most women would in the area. She followed him to a hotel and he told her to remove her robes. Asaka nodded and did as he had requested. He immediately saw that she wasn't human and tried to scream, but she reached him before he could utter a single note of alarm.
The room was covered in blood when the police came. Blood covered her body as well, but she had a large black robe to cover herself as well as the blood. She escaped into the night before the police even knew a crime had been committed.
Pulling herself from her horrible memories of past missions, she looked to him and then to the road ahead of them. "Is it possible for us to go to a city?" She asked again.

He thought about it for a moment before realizing Asaka had a good point, two people out of a few thousand was a lot better to hide within then two out of a few hundred.. "Cities could also be on high alert though.. after all the government controls them to much.. I have heard of a popular place in the mountains further away from here.. But first I suggest for at least one night we stay at the abandoned place I know.. before we move on to the more populated mountain.. almost reserve really.." It was a compromise really, since although the cities had many people.. the government had to much of an impact in such a location, to be safe for the two of them and he had no doubts soon such cities would be on high alert.. to kill both of them. After all people would do anything for money.

"so what do you say.. we stay one night at that house.. and then move to a place deeper within the mountains with a lot more people, where the government has little to no control over.."

Back
Top Bottom