Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lovecraftian worldbuilding intro: what do you think?

Complementarity

Always on the lookout for masculine characters!
This is the worldbuilding intro to a couple of prompts of mine. Te general vibe is templars vs lovecraftian cults and is well suited for kinky erotic rituals of all sorts. I tried to keep it as short and minimal as possible, but it still turned out quite extensive, so I'm worried it might discourage people from paying attention to the good stuff underneath. Moreover, I think I might be tapping into too many cliches all at once, making this feel cheesy. What do you think?

The intro
Humans are but pawns of a game. A game entities greater than ourselves have been playing for millennia.

Please, have a seat, and let me explain:

Someone in the outer reaches of the universe has always been watching. They originated in the most ancient inhabitable planet of the universe, and evolved beyond our limited comprehension, far before any other life form could ever have the chance of becoming self aware. Possessing an intelligence capable of embracing more dimensions than we ever could imagine, in all their unfathomable reflections, they raised their gaze upon the skies, and decided it was time for them to explore the great unknown. Many left their homeland and traveled the stars, in search of new worlds. a ship of theirs found our young Earth.

They were pleased by how fertile and full of potential the planet presented itself, so they made themselves at home, finding their ideal dwelling in the darkest depths of our oceans, building a shining Atlantis for themselves. They bode their time experimenting with lifeforms and studying the echosystem, until the time was ripe for them to create life of their own. Out of many failed products of their alien ingenuity, humans were a glaring success.

They were peaceful and inquisitive for a while, but it didn't take long for the seed of discord to be planted within their ranks. A traitor, a deviant mind amongst them raised each of them against the other. In spite of their superb intellect, their physical forms were weak, no more than tender masses of tentacles so, in order to harm each other, they started using the life forms they had been studyng for so long as tools, as weapons. Those inferior minds were weak and easily manipulated into bloodshed. Humans killed each other in a war by proxy that caused the extintion of the Neanderthal lineage.

After centuries of conflict, only a few of these ancient beings remained, weak and exhausted, yet not willing to desist in their vicious war. They hid themselves, commanding their puppets to bury them underneath monumental constructions where they would sleep, regaining their psychic powers for a final confrontation. The memories of there miserable pawns were erased yet, for some reason, not all of them forgot.

We descend from the humans who remember and we know that one day our creators will return. We have to prevent that, if we don't want our race to be enslaved for a second time, if we don't want to endure the anguish of a war fought for interstellar monsters. They used to call us templars, now they call us Masons, Illuminati. We secretly wage a war of our own, as we swore to protect humanity, to destroy our cruel masters.

Even when hidden in plain sight, their resting places are elusive, but we could find but three over the course of human history, slaying three of these Old Gods for mankind. We need to find nine more of them, and we're running out of time.

Recently, a voice came to our attention, a voice telling us one of them has been awoken by a group of archaeologists excavating underneath a ziqqurat. The old god enthralled these men to his will, and ordered them to bring it somewhere safe, somewhere where it could harvest more energies in order to regain its strength and resume its plans of fratricidal destruction.

Some say it found its nest in a big city, and is currently gathering a secret cult of worshippers around itself. Weak, not really able to directly manipulate more than a handful of people at a time, it has to rely on these tricks in order to get what it wants.

Back
Top Bottom