Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fate/Lost Order (MasoKitty x Batman4560)

Artoria glanced at the wound as she sighed, "his spear launched at me but he was off, he managed to graze me. Didn't really hurt all that much but none the less a surprise." She commented though she did spot how he was admiring her, which made her raise an eyebrow though she didn't say much only tucking some blonde hair behind her ear. "It was just a quick shot, and he honestly was a powerful warrior but I was underestimated, and he paid for his incompetence in battle. Though I think he appreciated being defeated by me overall." She commented as she glanced at the wound not thinking much of it as she pulled her master to his feet. "I didn't want to draw more of those creatures and I had taken care of most of his army by the time he had made stand here." She commented to the nights battle which was pretty easy in her opinion, Leonidas still was a tough warrior but her level was far above his.

Artoria nodded to him, "Sure master, I should be fine ...I have a set of clothing that isn't my armor. If I need to, but I don't need any clothing." She commented, "Of course, master, if you wish." Artoria said simply as her steel eyes focused on him when he patted her shoulder and even gave her hand a squeeze it had been a while since she had felt such touch before. It reminded her of her child but only slightly giving her a small smile to appear on her face though only for a second before she returned to her impassive expression. Artoria followed her master keeping an eye on him, and the surrounding areas she was less concerned with her apparel than he was due to being able to shift her form with mana. She just kept an eye out for other servants that might be waiting in the breeze.

While he had changed his clothes she continued to remain firm and protective never wavering despite the wound that she had. It had taken some time to heal and hasn't shown any signs yet due to only releasing the amount she did it did take some of her reserves. She was also ignoring the wound in favor of having an offense for her master instinct to protect weaved deep within her magical form. Even while he slept she didn't really move much sitting down and just watching out, though she did catch herself drifting a little. But she managed to keep a good watch over everything while her master recovered his mana when he had finished his nap Artoria was already alert.

Artoria looked to her master while he spoke, her eyes observing him closely, "You wish to summon more? Do you have the sufficient mana master? I wouldn't doubt since you were able to summon me. But if you wish or think that is wise then I wouldn't stand in your way. Just make sure you think it through before you do something like that, cause of the danger of being without reserves it would put us both in. I am merely looking out for us both." Artoria said simply though he could see that she had some slight concern for him and her own well being going into this. This was no ordinary grail war, this was something entirely different than neither one of them was used to happen. "Oh? it is? Then maybe it would be wise to summon another to be safe, I may be powerful to face off so many by myself it would slowly drain at my reserves and then I would have to tap into you master and at that rate, we both could be facing a fatal situation." She commented at his status of Ohio and didn't like the idea of being caught with several servants at once.

"Hm, I think it might be worth it, but be careful is all I will say. The final decision I am leaving up to you Master." She said stating her opinion but ultimately she let her own master decide. She was a lancer, she fought on her horse and off of it, and she struck down his enemies so that they could achieve victory. She also was good at giving advice but deferred to her master in the long run out of respect of how they handled themselves and she believed so far that the young man was doing very well for himself in the sense of respect. When she saw what he was doing she gazed at him noticing his suddenly feeling the surge of mana seal the wound she let out a sigh of relief she had been ignoring it. Doesn't mean it didn't hurt but she wasn't going to complain about such a simple flesh wound. Though she did catch his gaze lingering, and his blush as she blinked some noticing him look away. "...You don't think you could do that to another mortal or even yourself? But...why than me...?" She asked but trailed off listening to him still shocked a bit she just shook her head a little, "...Yes, we should, and..." She gave him a curt nod, "...it is okay I haven't had the gaze of a master that felt me more than a weapon in a long time too. I appreciate ...that gesture Master." She commented as she looked to her shoulder and then to him again giving him a small smile.

"I don't think I can do it to another mortal or myself because I'm not composed of mostly magical energy. I'm just a conductor for it. Your body is solid because our mana wills it to be. It's easy to repair that, just pour some of my energy into a wound and give it some shape." Arron explained then pulled up a pant leg to reveal a rather nasty scar running up his calf. "Humans take time, energy and medicine to heal.... Besides my magics are utility and offensive based, not healing. I like to think of it as arcane and divine. I don't do divine stuff."

Standing up straight, he dusted himself off even though he wasn't really dirty and ran a hand through his shaggy black locks of hair, giving it a messy bed head style. "Okay, lets get going." He said and started to walk towards a rack of snacks. He picked up an arm full of jerky, peanuts and a few bottles of water then grabbed an old duffel bag and shoved the items inside and slung the bag over his shoulder. "Think you could locate the Round Table? I want to try and use it as a summoning item to bring another spirit into the world, any of your former Knights could be called with it, granted completely at random. Honestly I'm shocked you came in as a Lancer and not a Saber or Rider considering what I used. Clearly I don't have this summoning thing down straight and I need the practice."

Heading towards the doors that led to a parking garage, Arron pulled a map off a tourist rack and spread it out on a near by wall. "Okay, I think our next move should be New York, lots of museums and stuff, it's a crowded State even after everything has gone to utter shit. If we can kill the Servant there, we should at the very least be able to show others that this fight isn't hopeless. If there are other mages out there, they might try to summon something and fight back, hell normal mortals might try to fight. Granted they won't be able to kill spirits, but undead, golems, sure... Those can be beat." Arron traced a line going down the route they would need to take on the map. "So, Arturia, is there a car you want to take? It isn't often that we can just have whatever we want, but right now, there isn't anyone in the world to stop us, lets live a little." Arron gestured out to the parking garage and for Lancer to pick a ride in order for the pair to get moving to New York.

Artoria stood there listening to him, of course, her master was correct. She was just of mana and if she was to lose it all she would dissipate just like Leonidas as well as any other servant she had defeated in the past. This too she understood, her master needed time to rest and recuperate sure she could sleep and do it that way too but ultimately as long as it doesn't strain her master she could always be rejuvenated by him. She continued nodding to his comment putting a hand up to her chin rubbing it thoughtfully, "Yeah you do well with those arrows." She commented as she nearly got hit by one but then again what he did was an AOE attack which she wasn't surprised nor would she gripe about the situation cause, in the end, they worked together to get rid of the berserker.

Artoria followed him along her heavy metal booted feet clacked against the floor. When she noticed he was picking up snacks and the like to keep him energized she just kept quiet. When he mentioned her knights she grew pensive, "I mean we could try, though I have our knowledge Master I assume you know that my round table was based in a country on the other side of the ocean. I don't think I can just summon it here when I want." She commented as she watched him get all the provisions he would need to keep himself sustained. "Well, it might have been a disturbance or the like that you got my soul rather than my saber or rider soul. I don't understand why it would make a mistake that grievous you had my hold sword from a long time ago, yet you got myself as I grew older and dawned my holy lance instead. That was all the very confusing and interesting part, then again the world is in disarray, there might be forces that since out of harmony might have contributed Master." Artoria comments as he does this her eyes scanning the area around them while he scavenges.

Once they were finished Artoria just kept following him toward 2 doors that lead to the 'parking garage' which she noticed on the side due to the information that Master had shared with her, she knew and understood where she was at. "Sounds good Master, though do you want..." She stopped as they entered the garage she didn't know if he intended to use a vehicle or just use her steed but it seemed obvious to what he had chosen. Though she did keep listening to her comments about New York State and if they can fight and win they could bring hope back to the people there or even in the US. Artoria looked at herself and sighed suddenly a white light engulfed her where she was standing in some kind of military-ish dress that allowed her to blend in better as she glanced at him. "You choose it, master, I am not sure of these things despite knowing about them. I prefer my steed regardless." She commented offhandedly. She knew that it was ruining her master's fun but she wasn't the one that really had that much fun.

The duo settled on a white twenty nineteen Mustang with a mostly full tank of gass and took off. The pair drove for a few hours and stopped to get gas with the sun rising to the halfway point in the sky. Heavy metal blared from the C.D. player built into the car, not doing much to hide the duo's travel. The mustang stopped next to a pump at a station that had long ago been abandoned. "...Hey, do you get hungry?" Arron asked and held his last bag of jerky to Artoria. His blue eyes lifted in spirits while he pointed to the store near the pumps. "I have to go rig the register so we can get some gas, I'll grab more food while I'm in there so don't worry about me keeping my strength up."

Quickly Arron jogged over towards the station and started to whisper something under his breath causing the fingers on his left hand to light up with a purple magic and he held it just in case he needed to defend himself. The man slipped into the station and started to look around the gas station store, skirting the walls while he made sure that he was alone in the room. His right hand grabbed up a small shopping basket and moved down an isle of junk food that would last a long time. Moving towards the coolers he grabbed a few more bottles of water and a pair of sodas as well.

Equally as quickly he "rang up" fifty dollars worth of gas then ran back to the mustang and filled the tank then slipped back into the drivers seat. He handed Lancer soda and smiled at her. "Give it a try, they are good." He assured her until a building rocked with a low rumble four buildings down from the gas station. Arron's eyes narrowed in the direction of the sound and his shoulders slumped. "I didn't sense anything.... Did you?" He asked but slowly slipped from the car and started to look around. "Assassin's aren't easy to detect when it comes to their mana, could be a servant in the area. Wanna check it out or do you think we should get going?"

Artoria got into the car looking around it was something that could be defendable but she couldn't see it taking very many hits. It looked like it had flair but nothing beyond any practical means as she just looked at him. "Master,..." She was about to ask but then thought about it nearly feeling silly she pushed down on the armrest for her and the window opened as she let her elbow sit on the new seal she created after rolling the window all way down. Her blonde hair blew in the wind well some of it considering she had it braided her eyes watching the American scenery change as they roared down the road. Her eyes glancing ahead and then to him nodding to him some then back outside to enjoy the world she had known though now was in a car away from it. Then again it was just like a robotic horse so maybe it wasn't so bad. When they pulled into the gas station she looked at him, "Me? I believe I can eat and replenish some mana that way. Though to be actually hungry cause I need it I am not entirely sure." She commented as she caught the bag with one hand as she glanced at it. It was beef jerky as she tore open the bag and began to eat it, the taste was interesting. She was used to it thinking back on the tough meat she had to eat during some battles or before them. Artoria glanced at him nodding, "Okay, I will go ahead and just watch out for servants and anybody suspicious okay?" She said as she nodded to him watching him run to the station.

Artoria continued to eat the dried meat glancing at the road and things around them. It was so barren she couldn't help that the world was truly in dire straights. She knew that she had to help not for her master's sake but the world's sake on top of that. Though when she was satisfied she turned back around walking back to the car watching him collect food from within the gas station. Her eyes keeping good surveillance of the building making sure nothing got inside to disturb his little shopping spree as it looked like to her outside.

When she noticed him come back she hopped into the Mustang finished the beef jerky not too long ago watching him fill up the tank she just sat there sighing some laying back. When he hopped in she felt something come at her and she grabbed it noticing what was in her hand she blinked. Artoria gave her master a questioning look but when he suggested trying it she lifted the can making sure the tab was facing toward her and popped it with a crisp pop. When the fizz had gone down she took a large drink of it and nodded gently. "Yeah, this soda tastes pretty good." She commented but when the rock hit or at least it felt like a thud she glanced over at the building blinking. "Master...", She commented as she frowned, "even if we didn't sense anything I suggest going to see what it is...in case it is here to impede us we should take care of it." She commented after he asked for her opinion she glared at the spot that they both assumed it came from. "If we leave it be it could be another obstacle when we don't need it, master." She let another comment fly as she buckled herself up waiting for him to hit the gas while she drank the soda calmly.

Arron nodded his head in agreement and jumped out of the car, confident that Artoria would be either soon in toe or at his side. A quick flick of his right arm and a roll of his sleeve had Arron's hand started to glow with a dim blue arcane light. The man moved to the building and stopped at the side of the door and pressed his back to it. The man drew a deep breath and looked to Lancer. "Artoria, I'm going to kick the door in and move aside, you take point and I'll cover you. Just be careful in case of any traps or ambushes." Arron spun around the door frame and kicked the door as hard as he could before he dove aside and allowed for Artoria to take over.

Moving into the dark building, the pair stalked down the main hall while Arron's blue eyes flickered from side to side. Cautiously, Arron checked each door on the first floor then started to make their way up a steep flight of steps. Every step they took caused the boards of the carpeted stairs to moan with a deep seated creak. Coming to the top of the steps Arron took a moment to rest and collect himself.

Suddenly he jumped to the side and pointed his glowing hand forward. Shocked terror filled his eyes while he struggled to steady himself. "I-... Something just moved in the dark.... It had a.... I don't know, a skull for a face or a mask?" He stammered, questioning if he saw what he did as his eyes ran over the darkness. "Artoria, please be careful. I think there is more than one thing in here." Arron continued.

Wandering through the darkness of the second floor, Arron glanced up and saw the roof had been caved in and under a pile of rubble a young woman with silverish blonde hair laying under a pile of rubble that most likely came from the roof!. Arron raced towards the woman and started to move the rubble while patting her face. "Hey, hey lady get up. You gotta tell me what's going on here..."

Artoria got out of the car calmly shutting the door, she conjured her lance to her side after making it disappear while they were driving. She held it at ready to transform it into a real weapon at a moment's notice. Artoria noticed her master's light which made her glance at the surroundings making sure nothing was going to pop out and harm her master. He was her charge, after all, nothing would befall him while they were fighting this menace. She glanced at him giving him a steely glance nodding, "of course, master!" When her master kicked the door in Artoria did kind of take cover but her instinct was to stand out in the battlefield to take on any incoming attacks. She glanced around blinking some

Artoria took a position near her master, closely watching him as she looked around the hallway they were going down. Artoria took his lead as he checked she would be right there in case of an attack so she would get hit first. She did this typically all the time as she continued to follow her master up the stairs of the stairs. The walls in the building creaked as some dust fell here and there but it didn't make Artoria jump, she was aware of her surroundings and she would make sure that she wouldn't be taken by surprise. When they got to the top she noticed her master as she looked concerned, "you alright master? Do you need to rest?" She asked while her eyes continued to scan.

Artoria finally formed her powerful holy lance in her hand as she held it at her side watching her master's reaction. Though she also noticed the being as she squinted a little, "I-I think so master...I am not sure...do you want me to investigate?" Artoria didn't wait for his response as she held out her Lance, "come out!! Now!!" She commanded as she held out as her master could already see the faint glow of her holy energy surrounding the lance.

Though nothing else showed up she conintued her walk with her master as he stopped. She did too though she never unsommoned her weapon noticing that the ceiling was caved in she followedher master in carefully. She followed her master in her eyes scanning around her in case this was an ambush as she was in high alert mode.

Arron crouched over the woman, pulling rubble off her body while he glanced over at Artoria. The man scowled for a long moment while he thought about what he had seen a few moments ago. It was servant for sure but he wasn't sure who. "Damn it Lancer, standing there isn't going to help. If we are dealing with an Assassin they won't meet you head on, they are going to attack you from behind. Help me get this girl outta here, she's barely breathing!" Arron shouted.

Frustration was building up in Arron's body, this poor beautiful woman was out cold and the only one who knew anything about the servant they were up against. Then again that was assuming that she had actually encountered the Servant in question. Was it an assassin, a caster? Maybe something different with a reality Marble type Noble Phantasm. There were too many things to wonder about, they had to get out.

With a great heave, Arron lifted the woman with silvered hair up in his arms and stood slowly. "Jesus you're heavier than you look lady.... Lancer, stay close and lead us out of here. We need to get back to the car quick!" He ordered, knowing that he could use a command spell to have her do exactly as he ordered as fast as possible but it really wouldn't have done them any good.

Supporting the woman in his arms, Arron moved behind Lancer, watching her carefully, constantly checking his flanks and their rear. Every once in a while, Arron swore he could hear the ruffling of fabric behind them but when he looked there was nothing to be seen. After a quick run that left Arron gassed, he carefully laid the girl in the back of the Mustang and patted the hood of the car. "Lets roll!" He shouted and slid into the drivers seat, driving as fast as he could out of town.... "Artoria, let me know if that girl wakes up, she might be the only one who knows who's in control of this town!"

Artoria looked back nodding, "I am sorry master!" She rushed to the woman beginning to remove the rubble from the woman as she looked over at both of them. She felt like she had failed in some way but she wouldn't let him see that. After she had removed some of the rubble from the woman she helped him remove her from the debris.

Artoria had helped him lift the girl up as she made sure that her master was sure to have the woman as she held her lance close to her. He was right if this was an assassin servant they would wait till the time was right to attack them when they least expect it. Thus Artoria would keep her senses on high alert though she would keep her eyes focused on her master and this new mysterious woman while she kept shifting her eyes to look around. "Are you okay Master? Do you-", Artoria asked worriedly though when she heard her master command her to help them get out she nodded. "Affirmative master!", She moved to the doorway waving her armored hand moving out into the hallway.

When they moved through the hallways Artoria would go between her master and the girl making sure that they weren't attacked behind them or in front of them. Of course, she couldn't do much against projectiles but she would do the best she could when ti came to melee. Though they moved quickly as they finally made their way down to his car. When he had the girl secure Artoria dissolved her lance as she moved into the car after he yelled about getting into the car. Slipping in she sat next to him and then glanced back at the girl then at him. "Sure master, I will I will let you know." She said as they roared off into the distance.

Darkness was swirling around in the girl's head as she stirred which makes Artoria glance once after a while. "Master I think she is waking up..." Arotria said as they continue to watch the girl. Though a groan finally comes from her mouth as she moved her hair out of her eyes. Her purple eyes take in everything as she groans again, slowly lifting her body up however she stopped wincing hard. "Argh!" She gasped as she could feel the pain of the whole being buried under the debris as she slowly sat up more though more struggling and wincing could be heard through her voice and expression. "W-what...happened?", She asked weakly as Artoria finally allowed a small smile on her face. They had managed to save the girl, "What is your name? Why were you in that building?" Artoria asked as the girl shook her head holding her head. " M-mash?...maybe? I am not even sure ...right now...I am having issues remembering", She spoke as Artoria looked worried.

"Master, the girl is having issues remembering things, I am not sure how we should deal with this," Artoria said blatantly despite the fact it sounded cold but with how things have been in the world she didn't want to take any chances on what could happen to them if they just openly accepted any person in the world. They could have been planted to take them out. However, Artoria's heart wouldn't let her completely follow through with a plan to do something bad to this girl called "Mash". "I-I ...won't do anything...", 'Mash' said as she finally managed to adjust herself basrely sitting against the seat as she winced hard calling out some. She felt some wounds on her, some internal while others were open as she could feel some warm liquid, mingling with some more of a crusty feeling as she assumed she may have opened up some wounds that had just healed.

"It's fine... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be yelling. This is just the first person I've seen out in the open in a long time and she needs help. Forgive me." Arron apologized, almost hurt by himself and the way he spoke to his only friend in the world. As soon as they were in the car and driving down the road as fast as they could, Arron glanced back to see the silver haired woman stirring. He shook his head with regret and tried to keep his eyes on the road.

"If we were faster we might have been able to save her." Arron muttered, keeping his guard up. Now matter how fast or far he drove the man could sense a faint trail of some sort of Servant but couldn't pin down what the type was. If I were a better mage I could track down the thing and know what we were up against... I think Arron thought in silence until the woman started to groan in the back seat.

The young man didn't speak at first, letting her get used to what was going on. He slowed the car and started to pull over after she gave her name. Throwing the car in park and cutting the engine, Arron turned to look at Mash. "Hi Mash, I'm Arron, this is Arotoria... or Lancer. I'm a mage and she is a Heroic spirit. You look like you fell through the top of a tall building while fighting something. We pulled the rubble off you and carried you to the car, but we are on the way to New York to see if we can convince others to take up arms against Morgan La Fey. I think an assassin is after us and I don't want to let you out there on your own."

Arron gestured towards the empty road and the large grass fields on any side of the highway. He wanted to get to New York but the sun was starting to set. "I think we are going to camp here for the night. You look hurt, I can try to heal you but unless you're a servant I don't know how effective it will be. Just let me know if you want me to try." Arron offered. "Lancer, will you do me a favor and scout the area, make sure we aren't being followed?" Arron asked, unknowing that an invisible Assassin Hussan of the Hand was riding atop the car and waiting for the perfect time to strike...

Back
Top Bottom