Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fate/Lost Order (MasoKitty x Batman4560)

batman4560

The God Damn Batman
Things were getting bad... or rather, worse. The sky had darkened around all of Ohio. Of all the places in the world, Ohio was the one dealing with some strange magical energy. An almost clear blue energy surrounded the state and sparked when touched. At first it simply kept people from coming or going, however as days past those who touched the field were changed, skin turning a grey ash color, eyes blackened and postures slumped almost as if they had turned to zombies. The men, women and even children who touched the field started to swarm around the Q and stop those who were not effected by the field from getting into the building, that was a month ago. Now most of the state was changed, large groups of the changed people meeting at large arenas and places that could hold crows with ease.

A figure in a tattered and run down grey suit crept in the dark of the Cincinnati Museum of History, quickly moving from display to display. Finally the figure stopped at a large rock that had a set of small steps carved into the side leading up to the top of the stone. A four inch long, three inch wide slit was roughly carved into the stone going almost completely down. The tall figure's head darted around to make sure that nobody was near while their hand fished in the pocket of their suit jacket and pulled a thick piece of white chalk from it.

Quickly the figure started to draw a circle, around the stone roughly six inches away from the stone at any point. Next the figure wrote the name of gods in Roman, Greek, Hindu, French, Irish, and Japanese. Between each word was a glyph of worship and sacrifice and finished with another circle around that. Arrows representing chaos ran to the center where the circle was and the figure stood atop the stone. He reached his hand out and drew a small knife from his pocket and ran the blade over his palm. Blood swelled from his cut and tilted his hand to drip his blood onto the stone. The circle and stone lit up with a bright white light and the figure spoke in a commanding tone.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation
Let Gold the colour I pay tribute to / Let my great Master James Shaw be the ancestor
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

I hereby declare.
Your body shall serve under me.
My fate shall be your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail
If you will submit to this will and this reason…Then answer!

An oath shall be sworn here!
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven.
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell!

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three greet words of power,
Come forth from the ring of restraints,
Protector of the Holy Balance!"

Arron Shaw stood still for a moment, watching the stone as gold light built up from the stone and a womanly figure was formed. The mage who summoned her cocked his head to the side as his jaw dropped. "King Arthur.... is a woman?" Arron asked while shaking his brown haired head and frowned with confusion. He reached to his left hip and fumbled with a black and gold scabbard hooked to it and presented the woman with a long, one or two handed sword. "King Arthuria.... I Arron Shaw have summoned you to a time far from your own in hopes that you would save this world." He stated while bowing his head towards the forming figure's feet.

Last edited:
Artoira stood among the exhibits, her eyes moved from side to side blinking for a moment but then she took in the man that stood before her. "Yes, It is I, Artoria, King of the Britains," She said simply as she listened to him, normally she was chosen or called by the holy grail to fight in a war between mages. But this is different this mage just said 'save the world' which made her quirk her brow. "Quick, please, what is wrong with the world? I assume there must be a great deal of issues for you to summon me. I will hear you out, at least, though I admit this is quite an unorthodox situation." She commented as she didn't seem against being a servant to this man to 'save the world' but she wanted to see if it would be worth her skills, she was a king after all she knew of responsibility and also knew that the people would be able to solve this issues. However, this didn't stop her from stepping in and helping her fellow countryman.

Arron found himself blushing for a moment, he had no idea that King Arthur was a woman or that she was a lancer class. How? He could have understood Rider to a point seeing as she rode a horse from time to time but lancer? It took him a moment to realize the woman in armor was speaking to him and he quickly smoothed out his clothes and stood up straight. "Well if you couldn't tell by the dirt on my face... things are bad, look around there isn't any power anywhere. A spirit, Caster I think... Morgan La Fey, she's somehow managed to harness the Grail and has become a Master..." He started to explain while looking over Lancer's shoulder to make sure that nothing was coming.

"First she brought some of the dead back to life, ya know, zombies and skeletons. For the servants of the grail war it wasn't too big of a deal. Lots of cannon fodder. But normal mortals weren't a match for the sheer numbers. Then a Saber class fell. She somehow killed Saber's master and bound Saber to herself, Then Rider, and it became a domino effect. Now she has all the classes under her control and there isn't anything that mages could do about it."

Pacing back and fourth Arron ran his hand through dark locks of hair. "...They tried. I wasn't even supposed to be a Master this time around, the next war maybe... But they are all dead. Most of the mortals have been either killed or driven into hiding. And of all the places in the world, we are in Ohio....There wasn't much here before Morgan attacked! So you see, I summoned you to try and defeat Morgan, because if it was going to be anyone, it would be you or Merlin. I'm sort of shocked you're not a Saber class, all the things I read said you were, did I do something wrong with the incantation?"

Artoria stood tall as she listened to the panicked explanation, her eyes hardened as she could sense the man's desperation. She could relate from her younger days when she was the king of knights. Though that was long ago now have ruled a nation and grown she understood her purpose. However despite her imposing armor and demeanor she allowed the dirty mage to explain his situation. When he finished he had mentioned her not being a saber which she could understand the confusion: to a point.

"There was no choice in the matter my lance spoke to me to take up my holy purpose. It has helped me rule my nation with justice and rationality. Though I have learned and kept my humility throughout when i ruled. I am sorry I do not match what they have told you young mage. But I have heard about this Morgan La Fey, the harnessed of the grail, and the systematic assimilation of the classes after the destruction of the mages. I will accept this contract on basis that it is a holy purpose to serve and protect." She spoke with poise and she kept her cool eyes on him. Despite her words and her stance he could see there was warmth in her gaze from caring of the people that she ruled over, the duty she has held sacred for years.

Arron let his shoulders relax as Artoria accepted the contract and pulled his shirt back to expose his collar bone. "Then by these command seals, I pledge to honor your request for a holy need to serve and protect. Once the danger of the current Holy Grail war is complete I will give you the grail to complete your wish." Shaw stated and put his shirt back in place. "Now I'm not as skilled as Merlin, but I'm good, I can cast lots of different magics so please rely on me the way I'm going to rely on you."

Slowly Shaw started to walking towards a door and looked out a near by window. He squinted and growled in annoyance. "Ummm.... Say are you feeling limber? Because there are about twenty or so skeletons roaming outside and drawing closer towards this place. Do you think your lance can take em down before they amass in more numbers? After that we should try to find a place we can call home and see about finding the closest servant to Morgan, she uses them as generals for her armies."

Her master could feel the holy aura surrounding her lance that was already out, she could use her true name of her lance. However she wouldn't waste her mana. She will only release 2 of the 13 restraints to create a decent energy wave toward their enemies. She felt she needed to be careful if they were to face off another servant that has turned master she would need to muster her strength as not only a heroic spirit, no, a divine spirit. Though she wouldn't do it yet as she looked at him, "there any innocents near this place master?" She asked coolly despite the power growing around her lance that looked like it could pierce the very hells or heavens with its reach.

While her lance was glowing she looked to the window, "I defer to you master, it has been a long time since I have been called to fight in a grail war. Not to mention a war that is mainly against a previous servant turned master. So lead the way, my holy lance will carve us a way out, piercing at the heart of this evil." She said with passionate resolve as she waited for him to move as a guardian she didn't like leaving her master undefended in time of need.

Shaw leaned against the door and considered the options. "... Wait here, I'm going to skirt around the building and make sure that we aren't getting surrounded. If we are we might have to level this building. I'm not sure if there are any innocents in the area, plenty of other buildings someone could be hiding in." Shaw reached into his pocket and pulled a small string from it and put one end against Lancer's chest and the other to his. softly he spoke a few incantations and the string lit up for just a moment. Quickly he plucked the string and put it back in his pocket. "There, that is a spell to allow us to talk at a fairly large range. At least the size of this building. All you have to do is whisper and I'll be able to hear you, and likewise. If you don't hear from me in ten minutes.... Kick some ass."

Arron turned and started to run down a hall, sticking close to the walls so he could look out windows every time he stopped to get a feel for the surrounding area. As expected there were more undead massing around the building. "...Lancer, whoever is running this undead army knows we are here, I must have given off too much magical energy on the way. I don't know if we are going to be able to take them all if we stay grouped up. We might get surrounded. As a Knight and King do you have any advice for defending a small fortress against overwhelming numbers?"

Artoria took the trinket nodding as she wore it to make sure that it was fascined to her body so she could use it and fight freely. "Alright, scout the enemy, then we will find a way to fight them Master." She commented as she kept her eye on the force that was growning, though despite this she remained cool as her lance at the ready as she kept her eye peeled. She needed to make sure that her master was safe but she wished to eliminate the enemies that swarm this area to protect who may still be alive. Her mind continued to formulate while he moved about.

Though he finally asked her what they needed to do. "This building has a lot of access areas. There is no feasible way we will be able to defend it properly. We will set up some quick traps funnel them, then I will use my lance to carve us a way, but master is there a way for you to check and make sure we won't harm unnecessary bystanders in the attack? I know I have stressed this but I cannot help but think back to the battles I have waged in the protection of my different strongholds. With their different villages, we need to make sure is all." She commented hoping her master had a better compus of the area they were in. Since she was from an era that no longer exists and even exists away from the land she was eyeballing it.

"I don't know what to do.... If I could search for others I would have already. That being said we could try to move to a more isolated area and set up a flare of some sort to draw all these monsters attention. If we do that it might be easier to take down enemies without mistakenly hurting others. Is that something you'd be okay with doing?" Arron rubbed the stubble on his face and pried a window open and stuck his head out to look outside better.

He pulled himself back inside and leaned against a near by wall. -Hmmm, Lancer was said to be able to create light like the sun with her sword but I don't know any legends about her with a lance... then again I've never heard a legend about her as a woman either. I could create the light with a spell but it might be better for me to infuse the area around wherever we end up with magical traps to slow or destroy the undead and thin the numbers... Or...-

"Lancer, if we moved to an airport tower, would you be able to defend that area from swarms of attacks?" Shaw asked while he moved back to the area he had summoned Lancer in. Quickly he slid to a display of old weapons and grabbed a recurved bow and a heavy quiver of arrows. Testing the tension of the bow he made sure the string wasn't going to snap and strapped the arrows onto his thigh, tying them with a small band so that they wouldn't spill as he ran. Quickly he made his way back to Lancer and bowed at her the way he would any other Queen.

"Okay... If we move out a side window we can try to make it through the city to the tower, it's not too far away. From there we should be good to go. Are you able to fight without releasing a bunch of energy, I don't want to draw attention to us if we do have to fight our way through the area. It would be easier if they couldn't track our mana output and I think that's how they found us to begin with, summoning you wasn't an easy feat."

Artoria looked at the communication device as she frowned, "What is this 'airport tower' is it just a normal tower? What is an airport? Well, I could do my best, though I haven't found much that could stand up to my lance, master. Just lead the way to this tower!" She said with conviction as she put down the device noticing some of them getting even closer to this place she was in. It was serious though she was determined and steeled herself for the oncoming battle.

When he returned and bowed to her Artoria just nodded impassively, "Absolutely master, I will follow your lead! I may be a king of a nation but right now I am your servant and my duty is to protect you with my very power." She commented as she even put her lance away that looked like a sword but it was just a smaller form of itself. When she nodded to him again, "Come on Master! They should be arriving soon also yes I can fight without expanding too much mana, if I have to I can wield my lance again and carve with its majesty. Anyway, I suggest we get going as I saw the parameter being swarmed by them. It will be only minutes before they reach us, no, seconds!" She said with urgency as her body looked tense and ready to spring into action at any second notice.

"What? I thought you spirits were supposed to be updated with knowledge about the ear you're summoned in.... " Shaw frowned and shook his head with annoyance at the situation over all. He was mostly mad that he had somehow managed to become a beacon for undead skeletons to track. "An airport tower is almost... its similar to a light house but it is to help signal.... it's like a giant metal bird." Arron tried to explain, not even sure if he was making sense.

"My lead?.... I'm not a fighter, I'm barely a mage. I did all this out of pure desperation!" He was starting to freak out, he had no idea if he was even cut out for this but someone had to try right? "Never mind, come on." Shaw pulled the bow off his shoulder and led Lancer towards the back door of the museum. "Okay, Lancer take point and head south from the door. Follow the large road to a big gate, I'll cover us with arrows!" Shaw shouted and kicked the door open with a thud.

Quickly he back stepped and drew an arrow from the quiver and took aim not for a rib or hip but a knee. The mage released an arrow and caused the skeleton closest to the door to drop when half its left leg was taken out by an arrow that bounced to the floor after the shot was fired. "GO!" Arron shouted and started to fire off more arrows to thin the heard of monsters that were swarming around the building.

Artoria blinked looking offended as she just listened to him blinking some more sighing, "Okay...well then I will take your word for it master!" She says as she prepares her lance once more, knowing she would have a use. Just she would have to be careful not to expend a large amount of mana. Quickly she followed him toward the backdoor as she shook her head, "I am a king master, I can handle these monsters! You are my charge, but for some reason, I don't know what I should know here. So I was following your lead for knowledge!" She commented to him as he opened the door to the back with a kick of his foot, Artoria already was ready for the onslaught that was going to come, many battles in her mind flow through her mind as this is just another one.

When her master launched his first arrow Artoria didn't need another reason she launched out of the exit with her lance drawn. It glowed with brilliance on its own without any enhancement from her mana. When a few of the monsters started to swarm her sweet with her lance knocking a bunch back with just one swing, then taking her lance piercing through several only to fling them in other directions. She was a beast on the battlefield and now her master got to see how she used her lance, though what she did next was something useful. She called her fabled steed, Llamrei, the steed was glimmering as she hopped on heading toward the large gate to the south while she took big swaths into the monsters as her master could see them flying here and there. Though this was all physical attack, no mana was being used to enhance her attacks which showed in the monsters despite being flung so far they land and get up very worse for wear. Regardless she was heading toward where her master had pointed out as creatures continued to fly back and fourth cutting a huge line through them.

-Jesus she's so powerful, what's the point of me even carrying this bow?- Arron thought to himself while watching Lancer work with amazement. It wasn't until she had started to carve a path with her steed and lance that he realized they would eventually flank the horse and over run her if the pair didn't keep moving. Arron drew a deep breath and nodded to himself then took off in a break neck sprint towards Lancer! "Hey wait for me!"

As fast as he could, Arron jumped up to the back of the horse and wrapped his arms around the waist of Lancer. "Plow through them, we need to move quick!" Shaw called out while turning so that his back was pressed to hers. His legs hooked on the back of the horse and he took a chance, drawing an arrow and notching it. Just as he pulled the string of his bow back, a near by explosion rocked the ground and caused Arron to nearly fall of the horse, the arrow he was pulling launched, and bounced off the ground.

As the ground quaked the skeletons started to twist towards the source of the explosion and one by one took up a soldiers salute as if they were waiting for their king to walk through their ranks. A man in a set of golden boots, red loins, golden bracers, a red cape and golden full helm with red plume, stalked towards the pair. In his left hand was a large round shield in his right was a massive spear and in Arron heart he knew what he was looking at.

"...Leonidas... We need to get out of here now, that's a Beserker class!" How Morgan managed to summon and tame a beserker class to use as a general was beyond Shaw but he didn't dare try to figure it out while on the back of a horse. As fast as he could, Arron twisted around and wrapped his arms around Lancer's body, holding close to her as the pair sped off atop her steed.

The duo finally arrived at the airport tower and Shaw slipped off the horse and dropped to his hands and knees. His bow clattered to the ground while his sweat dripped to the floor. "... We need to figure out how much time we have, that guy was known for leading small armies against overwhelming forces and winning. Come on, lets get up top into that tower and we can figure out how to deal with him."

Artoria nodded as she continued to sweep her lance moving toward the large gate, she was making sounds of exertion but no sweat was on her brow. Her body didn't seem to stress out as she plowed the creatures aside. After seeing that her master was on Llamrei they continued finally reaching for the gate Artoria released one of her restrictions on her lance and suddenly blast smashed the gate down. She sighed knowing she had to spend some mana hoping that since they were near the horde they would just see that and then after heading to the tower they would lose their trail.

Though there was a blast that made Llamrei stop for a moment as she glanced back, she noticed another man standing among the creatures. "Leonidas?" She questioned as she looked back at her master, but a beserker class isn't something to take lightly. "Yah! Ride Llamrei!", Artoria pushed on in the direction that her master had presented avoiding the beserker till they had a solid plan. She preferred something to use and to plan out rather than to be passionate and in the moment in her earlier life.

When Artoria and her master arrived she noticed him slip off the horse, while she slipped off normally landing with a clink of her heel. When she stared down at her master looking like he was about to throw up she just crossed her arms looking resolved. When she heard him talk she sighed, "If he was known for tactics, I'd say with how fast my Llamrei is, maybe an hour at best...though I wasn't really paying attention and I know that having awareness tends to make finding and planning easier. Especially if he is known for that I have some sense about me, but I didn't spend my life waging war, only protecting my people, and making sure that I could protect as many as I could." She comments as she looked in the direction of the Leonidas while Llamrei just stood by whinnying and stoping his hooves while waiting on standby. Artoria wasn't sure if she should shoo her noble steed away or keep him on standby in case they would need to make a retreat in the next few minutes while her master recovered.

"Ughhh....." Arron pulled himself up to his feet and shook his head. "I'm sorry-I-I'm feeling drained. Keeping you in a physical form is taking a lot more mana than I expected or thought it would. It seems that summoning you at your most powerful was a far more taxing event than I realized. Not that I'm complaining or anything! I just need to rest. But not until we defeat Leo." How strong are you by the way? Think you could move some of those jets?" Arron asked, motioning towards some small planes while he picked up his bow and considered how he could help battle against a Beserker class. Maybe he could set up another summoning circle and try to conjure another servant? The rules of the grail war had already been broken, so why would he not be able to do that? But did he have the mana needed at the moment? No, he would have to get stronger he realized.

"My Queen, I'm going to go up to the tower and try to get a feel for what we have to work with, you block the gate with some of those planes... the big metal birds. Then meet me so I can imbue you with the knowledge of the world I have that way you know what most things are." He ordered and started up a flight of stairs. Inside the large radio tower he cleared off a table and moved the chairs around to block off one of two exits. Quickly he used his bow to bust out a few windows so he could fire at anything that came to the airport to try and kill the duo.

When Lancer returned to the tower Arron looked her over and stroked the five o' clock shadow on his face. "Do you mind if I call you Art-Chan, or Senpai? I could learn a lot from you after all." He asked and carefully placed a hand on her chest, almost unable to resist the urge to cop a feel of her breast. He spoke a soft phrase and gave her all his knowledge of the world he knew so that she would understand at least how things worked.

"Okay with that done..." Arron slowly pulled back from her plate covered chest. ".... Like I was saying he was good at making enemy forces numbers count for next to nothing, and his renown with a spear reached far. I'm a little shocked he wasn't summoned as a Lancer. We do have one edge over him though, as a beserker class he is strong against every other type, aside from Shielder and Avenger types. But he's also weak to every other class. Hell he might be weak to normal arrows." Shaw patted the quiver on his leg. "If you can keep him busy, I can pick my shots and take him out when he's not expecting it. Also, try to keep him between those planes and you, if they blow up he will take the brunt of the damage. Is there a strategy you'd suggest we use?"

Artoria crossed her arms as she kept glancing in the way they came, then her eyes focused on him. "I understand, Master, you did have to summon a lot of mana to pull me to you correct? Well, I feel I may be stronger than my other forms if I am to speculate. Though I wouldn't know all I know is that my mind won't let go of the Leonidas that is now coming after us." She commented as she heard him she nodded. "Yes, if he is a tactician it would be good to set defenses and protect ourselves from this menace. Though depending on how complex his stratagems are we may need to have more time to prepare for him. Oh?" She glanced at the 'jets' as she shrugged moving toward it, grabbing it while listening to him nodding. "Alright, master, prepare and do the best you can ARGH!" She grunted throwing the plane a bit landing against the gate. She barely broke a sweat waving to her master while she went over to the others in the yard.

One by one, 'jets' and other metal objects joined it being smashed up against the gate as she had some sweat down her forehead as she had to use some mana to exert some of this power on these large of objects. When she finished she slowly made her way to the tower in front of her, she was going to learn of this world? That would be helpful if she was supposed to be any use to it. Her eyes kept glancing to her impromptu barricade as she went into the tower. Slowly ascended as the man could hear the heavy clank of her boots against the steel steps leading up the tower. When she reached the top she had noticed he had taken precautions as she smirked, "good master, at least all my heavy lifting won't be in vain." She commented as she glanced at him noticing that he looked rather ragged. Given the state of the world, she wasn't surprised due to the plea that he gave her when he first summoned her.

"Art-chan?....Senpai?" She looked slightly bewildered or awkward though she just stared at him crossing her arms like she normally does. "Do you wish to give me such a silly name Master? I prefer Artoria, or Lancer I am not sure of this 'Art-chan' or even what the meaning for 'Senpai' would imply." She said coolly almost like she was teaching him right from wrong. "I don't mind if you wish to learn of my exploits Master, but please may we stick to either my true name or my class?" She commented as she stood there stoic, though her eyes widened a little as she noticed him put a hand on her chest, she had a little bit of a red hue but she let him do it. Suddenly everything rushed to her, the development of the world, the working of technology, and everything that one person could use to live in this world which made Artoria widen her eyes nodding a little bit. "So this is an Airport, for transporting goods, people, and various other objects I see." She commented looking out now recognizing the Airport tower they were in as it was normally there to guide planes in, to land.

"Yes..." She blinked her eyes some but returned to her practiced calculated gaze as she listened to him. She had learned of this man that could make overwhelming numbers seem like nothing, and he is good with a spear? That could be bad or a stalemate for Artoria given she is a lancer and her holy lance is almost alike just she has more potential with piercing rather than slicing, though she does have blunt due to the strength of the rounded edges of her weapon. Again she nodded noting that the berserker class is pretty strong with a few exceptions while being weak still to the others as well. She never understood why they had it if their weakness was also a strength? The thought made her wince a little bit as she continued to listen to him. Artoria nodded to this suggestion, "Absolutely I will keep him at bay if you wish to fire down at him master, I should be able to find Leonidas a worthy opnonent but beyond that your saftey is my paramount master. Keep yourself out of danger while I am doing this, and perform with valor!" She said with strength finally hearing his last comment, "this sounds the soundest so far for a plan. Despite my now knowledge of this area, it still seems like it would do little to try to enforce the area for a man that has thrived off of this kind of adversity. I believe your plan is the best we have to go off of Master, I will go ahead and prepare for his arrival, Am I allowed to expend some mana during this fight? For precaution." She commented as she had made it to the door before looking back making sure with her master.

"Y-yeah... Artoria it is then. It isn't like I'm an otaku or anything." Shaw muttered and slid his suit jacket off, tossing it across a desk and yanking his tie off his neck. She was right though, he was being silly in times of great danger. Granted he was doing it so he could feel normal again, he wasn't that far away from being a teen and he was forced to grow up rather quickly in this strange world that he was thrust into. Maybe once all was said and done. He wasn't sure if the plan would work, at all really. No idea what would happen. "Artoria, remember, no plan survives first contact. We are on the defensive here, we might be facing a large horde plus him. If that happens, strike the jets and blow them up when large clusters of enemies are around them to thin their numbers, one stray shot could be all it takes to take us out.. we need to be careful."

The sun was starting to rise and Arron had driven some large fuel tanks to the various entry points of the air ports and placed more at large empty areas so that if they were needed Arron or Artoria could blow them up for an edge in a battle. "Artoria, you are free to use your best judgement here. It's just me and you as far as innocents go, and there is blood on both our hands, we are killers just like our enemies." Arron explained while pulling the string from his pocket and casting his message spell again so the two could communicate across the airport. "If I end up having to move, I'll let you know, but your first objective is to take out Beserker, once we clear the area we can leave and recover, I'll for sure need it."

Arron stood atop the tower, bow in hand with an arrow notched in the string. He'd have to imbue his arrows with mana if he had any hope of hurting a Servant enough to finish him, but if the story was true, Leo, was defeated by a volley of arrows. Arron hoped he'd be able to magic up a similar effect. "Man I could use a staff or something instead of this bow, get all Merlin like on someone." He muttered while laughing. That was really what he would prefer but for now this was what he had to work with. "Artoria, can you hear me?" Arron asked while looking out in the distance and seeing a large cloud of dirt coming their way. "He's coming, and I can't tell if he's alone..."

While her master was driving around the huge metal trucks with gas in them Artoria kept them in mind while she stood a little before the gate. She was going to be the stalwart defender? Well, she will be a steel wall to this Leonidas, in fact, she suspected that he may respect this more than trying to draw him into ambushes. "Master, you are ready? I hear some noises outside the gate. I feel they may be preparing for a siege on our gate." she talked into the communication device as her lance was gleaming in the rising sun. Her eyes focused hard on the gate while she stood like a wall to any incoming monsters that may come through the door. Just like she had predicted they had blasted through the gate as little creatures began to pour out. Artoria glared as she held her lance outward to herself then charging the enemies. Her voice booming as she stabbed creatures left and right, doing sweeping motions with her lance glowing with holy light she obliterated most of the little ones. Though when more came she continued to stab, pierce and toss along the way as they continued to rush her she continued to mow them down.

"Master! He hasn't shown himself yet! Is he almost upon us?!" She glared at the latest group she massacred as most of them were focused on her trembling force rather than trying to take out Shaw himself. Despite all of the effort and action she was putting into her swings and piercing she was barely breaking a sweat. She had excessive mana and she, herself, was a powerful spirit that was capable of topping off with some pretty high-class servants. Shaw saw even some creatures fly by him as she didn't discriminate how she killed them, heads flew, body parts flew in different directions as she sent tremors through her lance which caused some to just explode from the pure mana being thrust into them. The field was beginning to bleed and look like a battlefield though in this case a one-woman army or even kingdom kept them at bay. Though despite her accomplishment she kept steadfast to her actions though haven't spotted the servant yet she continued to lay waste to the baddies that swarmed their defensive area. She refused to use the tankers yet till she really needed them and none of this rabble earned it.

Arron didn't fire off any shots, he needed to pick his targets carefully. While Artoria fended off undead after undead, he examined the bodies of the fallen from his perch. "...They are Spartan soldiers, undead... I think he's trying to wear you down before he makes his entrance. If you can, without expending all your mana and draining yourself, blast them to pieces, if you use holy power it should wipe the field before they can attack! I'm going to keep looking for him, but the wall works both ways, if he's behind it I can't see him!" Arron responded.

More and more undead flooded into the airport and Arron was starting to feel the strain of desperation. Could the two of them actually stop a Beserker class alone? Could they even slow him down? Arron wasn't sure but the fact that he was still able to use strategy worried the Master to no end. Arron reached into his pocket and pulled a thick piece of chalk from it and dropped to a knee atop the tower's roof at its center. Swiftly he began to scribe a circle with a star in it's center. He took his quiver of arrows and forced each arrow into the roof inside the circle while Lancer continued to wage her battle. "Count to twenty, then if you need, take some of my mana, end those things!" He stood and backed up away from the circle and held his hand out towards it. A bright light flashed in the circle as he used magical power to cast a spell on his arrows. "Massa duplicare!" He pulled an arrow from the center, and notched it into his bowstring. As he did so, the arrows flashed and his entire quiver plus two more sets for each arrow he put into the circle (Having duplicated) appeared and floated above Shaw, each angling the same way his arrow did.

At the same time, one of the walls of the airport blew in towards the runway, dust blew and rubble rolled as Leonidas entered the airport, his eyes gleamed a deep red from behind his helmet and a snarl rolled past his lips. When he entered the battle, those few who had survived Artoria's assault backed up and stood up straight. Leonidas stalked up to Artoria and stopped about thirty feet away from her. He looked up to her and spoke in a clearly strangled voice, as if it took all he had to not go insane and outright attack her. "...King of Knights, surrender and your death will be swift, resist, and I shall drive my spear through your heart and feast on it." He offered and slipped into a defensive stance, his shield raised to block his body, head ducked to the point that only his eyes were visible and his body bent and flexed so that he could resist any attack thrown at him. His spear rested atop the shield so he could thrust and counter. "SPARTANS! FIND THE MASTER! KILL HIM!!" Leonidas ordered and in that moment the rest of the Spartan soldiers started to fan out to find Arron.

Artoria continued to swing her lance around, though she knew the advice her master gave her as he could see waves of holy energy that blew away most of the undead. Though they kept storming the airport Artoria kept swinging her lance like it was a stick, and she was whacking flies. "That makes the most sense master! But you need to stay away! If they are storming the airport like this he intends to try to overwhelm me and find you! I know how this works, to fully kill me, kill the master!" She said angrily as he could see brilliant flashes of holy energy go off left and right. Despite this Artoria wasn't using that much mana on them and she hadn't even called her Lance's true name, the phantasm that would probably obliterate this group. Though what of the rest coming through the breach? Doing that would leave her helpless since releasing a certain amount of restrictions would drain a significant portion of her mana. She couldn't draw from her master that much! That would leave him defenseless! "Just keep up Master! Don't worry! We will stand tall!", She said with valor as she continued to kill the undead while she said this, bodies continued to fly back and forth even right by him.

Artoria noticed this as well and was happy she didn't do something so foolish as unleashing her phantasm when the undead continued to swarm. Though she knew the tide would stem soon since Leonidas would find it suitable to try to take her on when she was 'weakened'. Well, she hoped that she could draw from her own reserves without taking from her master during this fight. Stab, energy blast, swipe, slam these things were going through her mind which went through her weapon destroying the creatures as they continued to swarm her. The normal group was something she was used to, and honestly, it didn't take much for her to destroy them as she could continue this for quite some time, though her mana source was finite she would reach the end or bottom of her reserves. She refused to use her master's so she would focus on conserving till the big man would show his face, and despite only using some her face had some beads of sweat from the actions she had been doing. The ground, however, was caked in blood and bodies obviously no life lost as they were all undead.

Artoria grunted as she felt the explosion though she didn't move, she noticed the man that she was looking for. Despite his imposing figure, she stood there like a stalwart knight. The man charged up to her as she didn't even flinch even as his troops let him approach. "....You are a man of valor, I can see it in your movements I will not stand down. We will fight to see who deserves to stand upon this ground. The king or the Spartan that fights against the rising tide!" She roars defying his commands waiting for his attack, Artoria was ready for his attack and he would be in for a surprise to think that Artoria would be that easy to push around. In fact, she hadn't moved since the whole swarm of his little army, she had been planted this whole time taking on his undead horde. When she noticed him go into a defensive stance, she charged him though instead of using her lance she put all her effort into a kick to his shield to throw him off balance while swinging her lance around to attack while he was supposed off balance.

Arron hadn't noticed how Lancer dismissed her horse and gave up the high ground but Leonidas did. The kick she gave him was strong but not enough to force the Spartan to give up any ground, he had faced worse and stronger. Instead he rolled forward after the kick connected, ducking her swinging lance while he brought his spear up to stab not at her heart or head, but the inside of her thigh.

At the same time as he made his stab, the Beserker flung his left arm out to deflect any back attacks while he spun around to face her again and started to circle the "King of Knights." Leonidas started to flip his spear around while mana started to flow from his body and create a shield around him. He understood what her lance was capable of and it seemed Leonidas wasn't about to simply let her strike him.

"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!!!!" He shouted, activating his Noble Phantasm, creating a massive shield of force around him. A wave of golden energy washed off of him and spread across the entire airport, compelling all in the area who were attacking to attack him. Arron's bow was forced to aim at the Spartan while the arrows he created all tilted the same way. "No.... I might hit her..." He muttered, struggling to resist the pull of Leonidas' Noble Phantasm! "Artoria, unleash your phantasm, break his shield and fall back, then wait for an opening to finish him... I can't hold these arrows much longer!"

Artoria grunted as she felt the weight behind the Spartan, she had slightly underestimated the man, he was built and solid which is why his history was so strong. Though Artoria wouldn't lose nor would she give ground they would be two imposing towers of their histories. Artoria wasn't prepared at first for what he did stumble a little barely bringing her lance in to counter or at least mildly parry feeling the metal scrape against her armor. She grunted loudly pushing his spear off to the side while countering only to find herself being pushed back a little as she glared. Artoria didn't answer the man no, she didn't feel like she had to, it was almost like he was just calling out to her in a usual fashion before an attack and her instinct was correct.

Suddenly she saw him activate his phantasm as she adjusted to a defensive posture, the amount of mana he just released was astounding. It was boggling how this man could have died in his time! Imaging alone 300 hundred man group against an unstoppable force was something that made Arotria in some ways excited for the battle she was going into. Though this could be the feeling she was getting from the phantasm her body and every fiber wanted to duel this man as she looked more stressed glancing to her master hearing him she nodded. Using her own stance she closed her eyes, she only needs to break this Spartan's shield while also not trying to draw much more of the creatures. "I, King of Knights, will break this wall placed before me!" She yelled out though she said in her head Rhongomyniad! the thought was powerful as a beautiful glow began to surround the lance, a holy power was beginning to course through it. I am releasing 6 out of the 13 restraints! She called out in her head as the power continued to swirl around her, the ground began to slightly shake as she became a beacon of light.

"I stand with my people against YOU!!!" She roared in defiance as she had built up the mana she needed which was something to rival the Spartan, like a cannon she aimed her lance down and charged toward him. The electricity from the blast wormed across the ground as she screamed suddenly a large blast equivalent to some kind of energy ray shot out of her lance, like a holy beam straight at Leonidas as she continued to push out the mana that she could use while releasing 6 of the 13 restraints she had from her round table.

The blast was immense, Leonidas was forced to raise his shield and brace as hard as he could. The sandals of his feet dug into the ground as the blast hit his shield. Sparks flew from the impact, lancing through the air and splitting the sky and causing light to explode in the darkness of Ohio. The Spartan screamed with rage and defiance while flexing as hard as he could and tossing his spear into the air at the same time his hand came up and caught the weapon. With all his strength he hurled his spear at Artoria while the impact of her noble phantasm faded, showing just how much damage her weapon truly did...

Leonidas stood with no spear as it had been hurled at Artoria, his shield arm hung limply, the golden armor ripped to little more than a strip of metal on his forearm, hiding what was easily a broken arm. The man drew a deep breath while Arron lifted his bow. "Artoria.... Avoid the arrows, then finish him off!" He shouted and released the arrow from the bow. A moment later the other arrows flew after the lead arrow.

The sky blackened with arrows, the lead smashing into the spine of Leonidas, followed by what seemed like a hundred magically created arrows, each one plunging into the mans back and neck, leaving him gasping for air. After using up so much mana, Arron fell to his back and simply laid there, staring up at the night sky while panting and realizing how much sweat was covering his body and he hadn't done much more than run and fire a few arrows. "Lancer... are you alive? If you are come up here.... I'm tired and don't want to move."

Artoria noticed Leonidas take that blast though it had severely weakened him however what she didn't realize was the spear he had thrown. Which she couldn't avoid right away as it tore into her shoulder causing her to wince feeling the warmth of her blood coming out of her wound she only glared at him.

Artoria glanced at her master nodding to him as she looked to the man, "You are a powerful warrior. It was an honor for this small bout with you!" She called out though what she didn't think about was the volley that her master was producing. When the rain happened she dodged around the arrows as some even clanked off of her armor her face twisting as she dodged them easily but couldn't completely as they struck Leonidas.

When he was gasping for air Artoria hoisted up her lance, then charged at the man her heavy metal boots strike the ground. "ARRRRRHHHH!!" She screamed out as she thrust her lance deep into his chest, the impact sent blood and different things flying in different directions as she had managed to implant her large weapon within the weapon as she noticed him begin to disappear she nodded to him silently. She knew that Leonidas was a warrior and to die like this was a way he would want to go as she pulled out her lance only to see him disperse as she turned to the tower. Her own body was slightly scathed, but the majority of her mana was intact for the most point. Hearing her Master's command she moved around the rubble and the bodies of creatures, making her way up she had put her lance away staring at him once she had found him. "I am master, Leonidas was a worthy man of his stature and history. Though I wouldn't be stopped! I will strike those down that stand against the world, and my master." She said with determination as she watched him on the ground, she held out her hand to him.

Arron laid motionless for a long period. He could see the rays of sunlight creeping up in the distance, the darkness of his first night as a Master was giving way to the golden orange hues of the burning sun. Shaw drew a deep breath of air and closed his eyes until something blotted out the rays of light and cast a gentle shadow over the man. Arron opened his eyes and smiled wide at Artoria. He looked her up and down, admiring her armor and the way she held herself.

"Yeah... you know, all in all tonight went well. But Artoria, you're bleeding. It looks like he got you a little, did you happen to let him hit you or did he get a lucky shot. If he were too strong, I wouldn't have been able to harm him at all with those arrows and you didn't use full power with your lance... Thanks for that by the way." Arron reached up and grasped Artoria's hand, letting her help him up.

Slowly Arron dusted himself off and looked at his scruffy clothing. He needed to shower, shave and put on some new clothes. "Look... I'm gonna head into the airport and see if I can find some clothes or something. I think these places might have a lounge for us to rest in. After I've recovered some mana I can heal your wound, granted it might heal on its own after a while of not being in combat." Arron patted Artoria on the uninjured arm and gave her hand a gentle squeeze then headed down to change at the very least. He looted some old luggage on long forgotten belts and found a small razor, shaving the stubble from his face, changed into a fresh suit of a blood red shade. It was a little flashy but clean and comfortable.

Lazily he wandered to a small lounge and laid in a cot swiftly drifting to sleep....He didn't sleep well, nightmares of terror flooded his mind, causing him to toss and turn with fret. Only an hour after drifting off he awoke and wiped the sweat from his forehead. His blue eyes darted around and he sighed with annoyance. "Lancer! Hey, I've been thinking... what if I tried to summon another spirit, A shielder or saber maybe? Do you think just the two of us can handle this? Ohio here might be the least protected of the states as far as Servants goes. But to do that I'll need another focus either way. Eh, I should try to increase my magical output first. Speaking of, Lancer, come here. I need to fix that wound and I'm already feeling better."

Gently, Arron reached to her arm and mumbled some soft words, a blue light flashed from his palm and washed over Lancer, sealing the wound shut. "I don't think I'd be able to do that to a civilian, or myself even." He explained and looked into Artoria's deep eyes. A soft blush covered his face and he quickly pulled his gaze away. "...We should go or at least find some food.... Sorry for staring at you like that. It's just... You're very beautiful and it's been some time since I've spent this much time around anyone. Sorry."

Back
Top Bottom