Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

.,;:'Sorrow's Seething Solitude':;,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private Puppy

Super-Earth
A trio of buildings, all facing one another, sit not in a forest, but strangely on a mountain's shelf. They sit too high not to be kissed by the altitude's snow, but not high enough to be wrapped in it's embrace. Each one, bares it's share of holes, rips, and missing walls. There is even, a fallen structure, which resembles what might have at one time, been a windmill. Naturally, nothing works inside these buildings, and even the doors seem to be practically plastered shut with nature's claim. Vines, moss, fungus and a multitude of other forms of underbrush have overtaken the carpets, floorboards, and even ceilings of these three houses. Furniture, has been removed, either by the owners, or by thieves. Only one piece of suitable structure remains, and that, is a rather nice looking coffin. It lays in the north-most building, which hugs the mountain's side tightly. This mountain, is one in a hundred. Many more surround it, and many more envy it's height. Placed somewhere in the Appalachians, it spikes out and reaches for the stars, silent, and patiently waiting for one to finally fall to it's grasp.

Quiet as a falling flake, the man was. He did not arrive, for that was what the living did. Each of his eyes wandered over the landscape, examining every cloud, every tree, every flake of frozen moisture as it were. Admiring in his silence, the world which he no longer had a piece of. Instead, now the world had a piece of him. A broken picture, a tattered soul, he stood as the wind tried it's might at ripping him in two. However, it did little more than prove to be a play thing for the man's long cloak of navy. It wisped, it danced, flicked and swayed in the gusts, it licked the snow that it touched, and even gathered a few flakes for itself. For just a man, he was certainly under dressed, and under equipped for such altitude but of course he was not just a man. He was nor a man, nor just, he was little more than a figment of an imagination, a feeling, an emotion, wrapped so carefully that it was not allowed to follow. The practical waste of a soul which had made it to a better place, for in heaven, there was no room for such a deep sorrow. Life, had been stripped from this soul before it could truly have lived it, but after it had grown accustom to the taste of the finer things. Love, desire, hate, anger, excitement, promise. These things, had been his for a day, for a week, for time, however, it was not long before he was wrapped in fine cloth, laid in a tomb, and left to join the earth once more.

This man, bore long hair, it mocked the snow, flicking in unison with his cloak, as the wind demanded. Endeavoring the cold, as if he needed to, he stood atop a roof. Steely boots clinging powerfully to it's broken surface. It was a strange thing, that such a weak structure could let such a being find retreat. To eyes that had seen his form, they would instantly recognize the cold features, his face, unmarked by emotion. Free of care, or desire. It bore little more than a will to be, to observe, for there was little left to do. Those eyes of granite wandered as his mind did, examining the world, as he examined his thoughts on them. They drifted to one of his bandaged hands, and slowly followed one of the bandages up the arm, which was revealed by that enslaved but determined cloak. These bandages, ran from fingertip, all to his shoulder, where they seemed to completely coat the skin, every inch of visible flesh was now nothing of the sort, instead, it was but soil for a field of uncolored material.

On his hip, hung two things. One of which, was claimed by something else entirely. The first, was a garment. Long pants, which were perhaps an inch or two too wide in the waist for this creature. They were black, dark as a night without star or moon. Creased from hem to hem, they resembled an orient samurai's choice, even so much as tied to his hips by a deep gray rope, in a large bow just under where the man's belly button should have been. Upon this rope, was something strung. Around it's diameter, there was something sharp. Clinging delicately, it boasted power, finesse, and the height of melee weaponry in the western world. It was but a sheath, that held the true work of art. Though designed with many an ornate carving, the wooden scabbard held within, the Damascus blade. A lost art of folding steel upon itself countless times to create a weapon that boasted the title of indestructible. Of course, this was an exaggeration, however, in it's time, one could see easily where it got the title. This weapon, was none other, than a nodachi.

If only a passerby had seen this setting, this being, and this silence, they would hear the song. A song, of sorrow.

Bundled up heavily beneath a white, furred coat, it was little more than sure determination that kept the warm weathered creature trekking her way up the chilly mountain side. A hood pulled up around her face, the soft fur plastered to her cheeks, hands in mittens and shoved deep inside of her pockets, it was enough to keep her warm, even with her usual baggy jeans doing little to keep warmth trapped within their confines.

Upon their last parting, Meth had let Kyro pick their next meeting place. And while the task had seemed daunting then, it wasn't hard to figure out which mountain he had spoken of on that day. Certainly the highest peak, and obviously so. Though what the significance of this place was had not been divulged, just yet.

Approaching slowly, her footsteps heavy and loud in the silence, she notices the buildings, heavily decayed and ravished by time and weather up ahead. Glad she had dressed appropriately, she pushes on, humming a sweet melody that melded unconsciously with the somber air, apart and yet delightfully together.

That stony gaze drifted to it's owner's companion. She was, perhaps, the only thing that had a certain effect on him. It effected him so, that in the edge of his lip, a slight curl was formed. Happiness was not created, but rather, the memory of it. In this, insanity was sure to develop, however, for now it was far down the road, and he intended to walk it slowly. Miniature bolts of what resembled electricity flew from his silhouette as he quite literally slipped through the quite solid roof. Every molecule in his being created one of these little mock lightning bolts, creating an intricate storm of mockery to weather.

A pair of boots hit the ground inside the house which bore the casket, however, with no one around to hear the silence, Kyro's mind made up for it with a pair of imaginary taps. The front door to that particular building began to creak open, until it snagged, and quite literally snapped off it's own hinges, only to fling itself at the ground. This drew his attention to it, and though there was little to be done, he couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for not only the door, but for his friend. Likely, since she was so bundled, the lack of a door on the already tarnished building would only make matters worse.

Being close enough so as to not need worry about conservation of energy, she practically skips up the rest of the path to the clearing so close to the top of the mountain. Having seen Kyro sink into the building in a very spectrely way, she already knew where to find him and strolled casually up to the house, only to find the door lying on the ground. Curiously, she lifts it up and props it more or less against the opening before lightly rapping on the badly damaged wood.

Taking a step back, she turns to marvel at the view, being surrounded by such a cold and savage scenery was intriguing. It was breath taking. Beautiful even. And so very appropriate for her friend. A slight curve of pink lips, a small smile as she tosses back her hood to take a deep breath of cold air, feeling it's icy touch on the inner most workings of her heated body.

From the darkness of a room, did the man slowly come into sight. His eyes finding the door propped, but not fixed, to the place it'd been once before. Soft crunches, like boots over mattress, sounded as the way was made to that door. Prying it open carefully, he finally set eyes upon her lovely pink hair. That beautiful tanned flesh. A smile nearly formed upon his lips, but died before it could muster the strength to lift such features. In only a matter of moments, the door was slowly grinding it's way down the building's form yet again, and tried it's luck at crashing to the ground. Not much for a graceful hello, in comparison to the many ways that Kyro was so known for. His hand was quick to steal it's escape, however, and with a forceful push of his aura, the door quickly froze to the building's exterior.

"Hello, Meth."
The voice called out, not loudly, in fact, it likely would be quite a bit quieter than the door's 'hello'. It mattered not to him. Most humans could catch the words in such a tone, though with the frigid air all around them, perhaps one would have a slightly difficult time even noticing the icy grip on his voice.

The chill of his presence hit her before his voice did, always an interesting encounter. Her consistent warmth rivaled by his chill from beyond the grave. Hearing her name, pink lips curve into a broad smile as she twists on her heels to glance back at the eternally handsome man she had managed to befriend somehow. "Kyro," comes her soft greeting, breathless almost. Turning to face him, she brushes a hand through her messy pink locks, that smile still in it's place. "It's beautiful here," she murmurs, a gesture to the area around them with a white gloved hand.

Feeling unusually vibrant despite the pale nature of her winter garb, she twirls slightly, shifting weight from one foot to the other. "Where are we?" she inquires, curiosity getting the better of her slate gray eyes as they narrow in on the pale male and his gorgeous long hair.

A faint nod dipped his chin, in agreement to the very unique beauty of this particular area. Even to a man whom had seen much of the world's wonders, it was very visually pleasing. Not because it was a testament of man, or nature, but rather, a place of serenity, grace and awe inspiring views. "It's one of many beautiful views in the region...we're in the Appalachian mountain range, I believe." Gentle fingers tugged his cloak, pulling it over his shoulders once more to veil himself from neck to heel. "It wasn't too remote, was it?" He inquired, as his arms came to cross beneath the heavy cloak's front. Like an angler, he cast his gaze back out over the beautiful scenery, quietly admiring it's majesty.

Moving to stand at his side, she leans against the house, legs crossed at the ankles as she joins him in surveying the land. "Not too far out of the way. Unexpectedly easy to find," she comments, giving him a sideways glance, heavily draped in the cloak. Smoothing the fur coat against her body, she sighs softly, relaxing perhaps. "How have you been, my friend?" she inquires softly, curiously. Both drifters, it was so hard for them to keep in touch, and given their strange nature of companionship it was amazing that they even tried.

"Unchanging." He stated quietly, as his own sideways glance came to meet hers. It was true, not much about him seemed to ever change, though, perhaps it wasn't all bad? Aside from the chance of boring the girl, of course. The only thing that really seemed to have become new was not truly a part of him, but at the same time, it was him entirely, and that was his weapon. Truth be told, it was the same one that he'd always had, exactly alike in every fashion except for physical appearance. "How about you?" Kyro asked, as he too stole a piece of wall for his back to rest against.

The pink haired girl nods, faintly humored that he had joined her against the wall of this decrepit old building. "I have been something less than sociable recently. I sought the comfort of nature, rather than that of companionship," she says softly, gray eyes dropping to the ground. "Word came to me that my uncle had died. I am the last of my blood," Meth informs him with a long sigh. For many weeks she had been grappling with this realization, trying to decide if she cared. If she should be a proper daughter of the herd and return, carry on her breed, her terribly flawed bloodline of her people. But despite her recent loss and this new pressure, the girl seemed apathetic, indifferent. It was hard to care about people that had sent her off into the world alone and uncared for.

The spectre quirked a thin brow at the information. It wasn't something he had at all expected to hear, but, never the less, it was a sad thing indeed. He never really heard much about her herd, but, honestly hadn't tried to assume much about the situation between it and his companion. Naturally, he felt as if there was reason for her not talking about them, at least, until now. "My condolences...were you close? Or..." There was little more he could think to say, perhaps it was just part of the remaining programming his mind had from life. In any case, it did worry him that she had lost someone close, even if his expression changed very little.

His concern, though vieled, was greatly appreciated. While she would not claim to know her friend well, she knew him well enough to note those mild intonations, those slightest of changes that spoke of human emotions that he believed himself to be without. Of course, it didn't hurt that her nature allowed her to feel the emotions of those around him. She could feel his concern as surely as if she had expressed concern herself. "When I was younger, we were close. But as I grew, and my father grew ill, things...fell apart," she murmurs softly. "Nothing much to worry about," she reassures him, giving him a pleasant smile and the slightest inclination of the head.

Like his own mask, he could see hers as well. However, if a mask needed to be worn, he would not try to convince her out of it. Noting her smile, the man nodded slowly, only once. "Very well. I'll listen, if you need it, but I dare not coax sorrow out of such an admired friend." As his head rose again, it turned it's face back to the scenery, milling her words over in his own mind quietly. What was a soul to do? How do you help someone when you yourself have not felt such pains in a decade of eternities? Naturally, this began to spin out of control, and he inhaled deeply, not necessarily, but to aid in calming his thoughts. He rested his hand on the hilt of that dangerous weapon, wrapping fingers around it loosely.

At his words, she smiles widely. "Come, let us not make this a somber event. The past leaves little for great humor, for either us, I wager," she murmurs, pushing off the building and turning to him. Quirking a brow, she tilts her head, attention drawn to the strange, new weapon. "Oh, what is that?" she inquires, drawing close, submerging herself in his icy aura to closer inspect the large blade, it's over sized hilt accommodating a two handed grip. Undeniably a lover of shining blades, sparkling points, these things had only allowed her to travel further from the mindset of her herd. Such delights were always a thing of intrigue when it came to the strange lady gazelle to such a degree that she barely noticed the change in temperature at all, for enjoyment or distaste as her mind was so distracted. Pondering if perhaps she might be so trusted as to hold the blade herself.

His brow found itself quirked yet again at her actions. Though, when he realized what she was up to, he let a very slight, nearly invisible grin sweep his lips. Those careful fingers tensed for a moment, and he slowly drew the weapon, letting it's blade slide out of the sheath like a hot knife from butter. It's length was not something to shake a stick at, and easily would have matched his own height if he'd of stood it up. "It's a modified version of the old rapier. I much prefer slashing over piercing, I must say...and such a blade provides for very clean offense." It's blade was rippled with the signature texture and appearance of Damascus steel. A silvery color, the blade matched the etchings of the scabbard, but bore little sheen to it's form, due to such a strange surface. "Have a taste for sharp things, do you?" He asked, as the handle was quickly whirled in his hand, and pointed in her direction. Though the blade only possessed one sharp end, he was well suited to being able to twist and turn it if need be. Unfortunately, he had not even had the chance to test it's prowess in battle, something that strangely enough, he was rather looking forward to.

"I distaste violence, but in a confrontation, I prefer a clean piercing, personally. Of course, that could be because my technique is that of a flighty coward. Go for an organ and dash off before one can retaliate," she murmurs with a laugh, marveling at both the beauty of the blade and his skill with such a sizable weapon. Taking the hilt in her left, and resting the heavily treated metal in her palm, she smiles faintly. "It's gorgeous, though much to big for the likes of myself," she murmurs with a laugh, her greatest effort being put forth to keep the weight of the blade steady and held aloft. "It suits you."

"Ah...yes. I should rather use this blade as an ornament than a real dealer of death and pain...but...at times I do believe it would be necessary, or at least very prudent to wield it against someone." The spectre stated, his voice cool and calm as ever. Those granite eyes of his kept their slow pace as each one wandered over the blade, tracing it carefully, like an artist might admire the work of a peer. "Thank you...I like to think it suits me as well." He agreed, crossing each of his deathly arms over his tundra of a chest.

Meth nods in agreement, offering him back his blade with proper respect, a bow of the head and slight tilt of the body as in reverence. "I am certain you know when it is appropriate to use a blade such as this, and it would undeniably be unwise to travel about without a means of protection. I think we would all prefer to have items like this on display, but it seems the time when humanoids can coexist peacefully is still a long way off. Just look at my homeland. War torn and heartbreaking," she murmurs, trailing off for a moment, gray eyes growing dark. Wrinkling her nose sightly, she leans back on her heels, the usual chains and belts on her lower half giving off the softest of metallic sounds, making their presence known.

The spectre sighed, not because he did not like what she had said, but because it was largely true. In all the time he had observed humanoids, they had been practically out to carve each other up, one way or another. It seemed to be the simple way they went about things, so impatiently. There was little he believed anyone could do about it, however, and so, he quietly returned the blade to it's home. That sound of metal on metal slid through the air as he did, and each of his eyes slid closed as if to help hear it. "It is a shame...I agree, but perhaps...it is simply so very dark in it's corners, to balance the lovely light that can be found in plain sight."

Blushing faintly, she was uncertain if his statement was a compliment or not. It certainly sounded like one. But at the same time, it may have been a matter of him commenting on the beauties of life that are so apparent, like children, mayhaps? Still, it may have been her puppy love crush, but it sounded an awful lot like a compliment. Glancing up at him, she gives him a small smile before side stepping him and heading into the dilapidated building. "What's in here?" Meth inquires, already peering around curiously in an attempt to change the topic, perhaps distract away from her flush.

The spectre's eyes wandered behind his friend, exploring the house as if it were new to him. "Well...this is where I come to 'lay down' in a matter of speaking." Slipping inside, he kept watchful eyes on her, and the things around her. It could have been assumed that if anything happened in this decaying husk of a building, she might be able to live through it, but he would take no second chance and made sure to steer close enough that he could be her savior in the case of disaster. "Many undead have places like these, as far as I know. Hidden from the world so they may recuperate and such..."

Thought the idea of sleeping in this place would be weird, that is, until she noticed the coffin propped up in the corner. Though it gave her a chill, it made sense. At times, Meth forgot that her dear companion was dead. Turning, she smiles at him, covering the sudden bit of uncomfortableness she had with the idea of his immortality, her mortality, but she was distracted at the touch of wet cold on her cheek. Tilting her head back, she could see straight up into the cloudy sky. The ceiling had fallen through in that spot, and snow was falling down through the hole, landing on her pink locks, her tanned skin. Looking back at Kyro, snow falling all about her form, clad completely in white, she had a ethereal look to her, as if she were the ghostly one, instead of the grayed out male. "It's nice here, very calm. I don't blame you," she murmurs quietly, enjoying the cool kisses of each snowflake as it landed on what little bit of flesh was exposed.

His eyes wandered to the hole in the roof, watching a few of the flakes tumble down to his friend, and kiss her warm cheeks before being melted in the embrace of heat. "Yes...it is very lonely here...but not dismally so." A soft sigh escaped his lips, slow and creeping like the winter's grip. The spectre of a man turned to replace the door, those dreadfully cold irises of his inspecting it carefully, before simply lifting it up, and placing it, balancing it, in the door's gaping hole. Small roots of ice gripped it's foot, holding it in place silent and strong. "It is not as if I chose this place, though I might have, if given the chance. It is simply where my coffin ended up...in a way...I think I owe my current ... well" That cold, emotionally drained face of his turned to peer back at her, as if to finish the sentence. It wouldn't be hard for someone to see quite what he meant, though rather attractive to the eye, he was still just as cold and unforgiving to most as this particular landscape was. "My apologies." He stated simply, before glancing up to the battered ceiling. It's rafters were overgrown with dead moss, barely looking as if they intended to hold the weight of this building for much longer.

She nods slightly, understanding the meaning of the unspoken words. Light footsteps, despite her clunky footwear takes her past her companion, towards the coffin. Glancing at him over her shoulder with curious eyes, she pauses just a moment. "May I?" Meth inquires politely, realizing that it might be a little offensive to just go touching his...resting place. One gloved hand inside the other's grip, she waits, poised as if frozen in motion for his permission or denial of her request, though with the intimacy they've shared previous, it seemed as if she couldn't imagine him telling her no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom