Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue So sorry to bother again...but halp....again.

incendonocturne

A Land Unreachable, with Stone Walls.
So, I thought the issue with my RT thread might have just been a singular incident, brought on by me fiddling around with changing things in it. For whatever reason knocking it out of whack.

However.....it appears not to be a singular issue.

I just typed up a post in notepad on my phone. Copied and pasted it into the PM my partner and I are playing in......

And low and behold.....-points to this entire post- This is what it does. I typed this all in notepad and pasted it and posted it as is.

I have not added a single BB code at all. And I certainly wouldn’t change the color to this color.....my old, blind ass can barely read it myself, I’d not subject anyone else to the strain either. Lol

Also of note, when I paste it into the text box, it comes up both grey and the letters are like four times larger than they should be. They’re huge in comparison.

I have no idea why this is happening. Nor other than turning off the code altogether, how to fix it. I’d like to have the ability to paste and then add my code again.

It didn’t start doing this until the other day. I have always typed my replies in notepad and then pasted them into the box and THEN added code and images before sending it and it’s always worked just fine.

To my knowledge, I have not personally changed any settings, either on my phone or here on the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ok forgive me but I’m not what you’d call tech saavy......is Windows Notepad what the iPhone uses?

I’m using whatever Notes is already installed on my cellphone.

Theres nothing to forgive, don't worry about it~! A lot of people aren't really tech savvy, myself included. ^^;;;

Ok forgive me but I’m not what you’d call tech saavy......is Windows Notepad what the iPhone uses?

I’m using whatever Notes is already installed on my cellphone.

Apologies. It's what I assumed when you said 'notepad'.

Something, somewhere, in your Notes program, is turning what you write into rich (formatted) text.

You either need to find a way to turn that rich text off, paste with BBCode turned off (you can easily just turn it right back on after), or find a text editor that itself doesn't use rich text. I am a Galaxy Note guy, so don't have an Apple product to provide much more help with. : /

I’m so used to calling it notepad. Lol my apologies.

At any rate, I had a browse through Notes and I see no way to change any of that. There’s a way to add columns and a title, header and monospacing or some such thing.......but I see no way to change anything else or make it rich formatting.

It’s a pretty basic, cut and dry program from what I can tell. 😭 So, with that, I suppose it’s down to toggling the code off and on in the posts. I don’t want another app on my phone just for me to write in when -pokes- the one supplied on the phone should be working still but hates me and decided to just do what it wants.

Thank you for the help. 😊

Back
Top Bottom