Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Male Arranged/Forced marriage. Historical.

RedRose

Supernova
Themes: Age difference? Betrayal of one's values. Blackmail? Class issues. Dubcon. Forced marriage. Historical. Love/lust/hate. Manipulation. Moral struggles. Seduction.

31f73b8c9ef93883986603c979db18c8.jpg

I'm looking as the title implies, for something arranged to forced marriage… Whether you consider it one or the other lol. Who doesn't like it? ;))
I'm flexible on setting and area and timeline, fandom or not, while I think Georgian and Victorian England lend itself best to it. Just no historical fantasy/alternative history distracting from the story, nor am I looking for dragons and things. :p

I'm seeing maybe a rich bourgeois wanting to marry an aristocrat's daughter. He's a gentleman but not by blood, his (grand)father started the ascension. He was raised rich, a gentleman in the way he speaks, acts, dresses, until it doesn't suit his needs and he is ruthless for what matters. He might have bought himself some small title/use Esquire but wants to appropriate one through his marriage. He knows almost all of the codes but may have a deep seated shame when something is really obvious to MC and not to him. She could teach him, if he accepts help from a female and can realize her intelligence...

His family, her family, their servants… will be shared as needed.

She may even be a young widow who came back to her parents (this may be the most interesting option). Her first husband would be a prim and proper, sheltered aristocratic officer who passed in battle, possibly before consumation or soon after if they're married. Little needs on his side in that department anyway, he possibly was more interested in his platoon. She definitely will be uncomfortable with the… short family history of the new suitor and possibly he'll be ashamed of some relatives… Perhaps her husband's brother or cousin wishes to court too, adding drama and tension.

Characters can look any way we want them, and do not have to be canon even in a fandom. I'd rather have them be at least 'nice looking' to add the tension of physical attraction or it would be much too simple for her to just hate him on.

YC wants both the title and the trophy but is also physically attracted to her though he thought himself above caring. Her family is pushing like crazy, so is he, from encouragement to hinted blackmail, as he presents himself as a generous benefactor and friend/good acquaintance of her husband. Simply stopping his "help" of the family would be terrible. Possibly he even owns/buys off their debts. Ouch! She suspects under his courting, (lavish) gifting and bragging that he will marry her there are darker motives and she is right. It's clear for anyone with an experience of such things.. it may be easier, in a way, was he not so smooth and charming. It is obvious she has SOME social power, an old name, connections and relations, but he's smug and self confident, well connected too, and he's...male. It will be both seduction and battle of wills. She thought herself above being disturbed by his good looks, his beautiful speeches, his money throwing (at her family which is clearly on the empoverished road) and everything else.

They are both in for a surprise when there is real attraction, his chaste touches during courting just more troubling than her husband/any suitor ever was. She still doesn't want, and the challenge only ignites him which in turn troubles her. Possibly an oldschool cousin of her first husband/hers challenges YC to a duel for even daring to vie for her hand, forcing her to confront her feelings as he may be killed. Obviously he gets his way in the end. He becomes possessive of everything he gains from the match, from her to the ranking, and feels secretly validated when she seems to like him sometimes.

I think she should be reluctantly thankful to have someone manage her estate (aristocratic husband barely wasable and willing to deal with those lowly tasks). She will - reluctantly - support whatever career he has, 'unpleasant' business, or if he decided to go into local politicking. Of course they'll disagree on core values sometimes.

Charity as an aristocratic duty vs not giving to the undeserving will probably often come up to haunt them. The importance of honoring previous generations vs those who are stronger and clever come first. Tradition vs progress. His tragedy is that he wants to belong while he also can't help looking down on some of these traditions. but still. Ironically the bedroom compatibility creates an easy way for both of them either to connect or to manipulate the other, her into being a compliant wife turning a blind eye when she doesn't like what he does, him into not doing whatever she hates. I can see her having a head ache or being tired when she's angry at him, him being too busy…
In the end I see it switching from basically forced in all but physical means, to a dark romance as they find common ground maybe more easily than either of them expected.
We can discuss his reasons for hating the first man, from pure envy for a man whose father wasn't kicked out of gentleman clubs to boarding school fagging (not what you think ;) )/classism/bullying as a component - which of course he'll deny but she will pick up on (can he tolerate her "patronizing pity"?)

None of this is set in stone but I'm looking for that GENRE
tumblr_pkogrrIPo51wuy8ulo3_400.gif

georgeandelizabethwarleggan.png
oh that inner conflict

I'm looking for someone consistent of any gender, who's into whatever period we'll choose, understands it is not 2019 in costumes, who can post at least once a week as an average, and do pms, Google docs or emails. No Messenger, one liner and all that jazz, do check my yes/no in my sig please

tumblr_nphhcgxpxX1uvd0n3o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Due to various experiences this is considered open until I'm well into a RP! Please contact me if you're available.

Back
Top Bottom