Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Worst Gaming Experience

DaL

Star
And by worst experience, I'm going to be specific and ask what is your worst gaming experience that was your fault. As in for whatever reason, you ended up bringing upon yourself something that in hindsight just wasn't worth it.

For my answer:
Beating CoD: World at War on the damn VETERAN mode and getting the platinum... Though I suppose that was the game that finally broke my completionist needs.

My best friend and I decided to try our hand at Dark Souls III. It was both our very first Dark Souls adventure and Steam had it on sale, so we're like, fuck it, let's see what the hype is about.

Never again. Not even the difficulty of the game (Although he rage quit OFTEN), the online/coop was just fucking abysmal.

I'm having trouble understanding why you didn't like World at War on Veteran. Infinite enemy grenades.

Some friends and I decided to do Halo Reach's coop on Legendary.

It totally soured the game for us in the aftermath.

I think, hands down without a doubt, it would be any game where my completionist tendencies lead me to collect multiplayer achievements for that 100%. Bioshock 2? Great game, but the multiplayer was.... not my cup of tea, player-vs-player isn't, in general, but I got all those achievements. Resident Evil 5? I LOVED that game as a co-op game (... and to some degree solo, buuuut AI Chris was a certain kind of stupid), the multiplayer achievements. Gah. The game that broke the camel's back was Assassin's Creed IV. That was my last, and will likely remain my final attempt to include multiplayer (especially pvp) content as part of my desire to 100% a game. It was because of that game I kind of decided to set my own goals for each game I play as far as 100% completion was concerned, in many cases it still does include getting all achievements/trophies, but only in single player games and only if they're not stupid (as in: multiplayer-required or luck-based).

Playing Overcooked with some friends. I like casual coop games, nothing too stressful. Overcooked was so stressful and we were all just yelling at each other and it was just the worse. I don’t play these type of games because I don’t have the patience for it and I can’t handle stress. I’m never playing it again.

Played Mabinogi. Grinding a dungeon non-stop to get a certain book I needed to level up a skill.

On my 23rd or 24th try.. finally, the book dropped and when I was about to get it. I was sent back to the login screen with the words " Connection Lost. Reconnect in 10 seconds. "

I got disconnected. And if you get disconnected, you're sent out of the dungeon and back to the starting area.. regardless if you were able to pick up your loot or not.

I got so pissed.. I just bought the book from the marketplace, 700k ingame gold.

World of Warcraft. Friend convinced me to join their hardcore raiding guild, I did it for about half a year. In hindsight, the experience was utterly miserable. Having to schedule real-life obligations around raiding, intense levels of stress and people yelling at each other, constant irritation. I absolutely love playing healers, and my experience healing for a raid group soured me on healing to the point that even when I tried another MMO it was ages before I picked it up again. One day I realized I was dreading raid nights, I dropped it, and my life improved instantly.

Accidentally starting a popular GTA Online crew that turned into a super toxic community! It felt more like a job, I just got carried away with how successful we were getting and it soon came back to bite me in the ass. Especially when I started to lose interest in GTA 5 and people expected me to play it everytime I was online even though I much prefer single player games.

I now avoid organised gaming groups like the plague. I did try to get back into them for Battlefield 5 but the group I joined was super serious and acted like they were real soldiers and it was far too serious for me.

Back
Top Bottom