Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Can't Be Real(Distain2003+Anjeru)

Her eyes looked upon the waters, the cool air caressing her skin. The subtle winds caused her to dance like a feather in the wind, floating to unknown destination that only the sea and her winds could determine. Her lips curled into a smile and she leaned against the closest structure upon the boat's deck. "Hm...well, anything is fine really. I am partial to anything meaty, kind of like you," she said with a chuckle. Indeed, it was kind of like him. More so since she had ingested his blood. Vampire's blood often made one's appearance more youthful, highlighting and changing feature subtly until they reached their prime potential. If anything, her skin appeared smoother and more youthful, her eyes a little brighter, her hair a more perfect shade of auburn. The bruises had faded and were no longer visible, leaving behind no evidence of the trauma she had faced the night before.

"I am glad i asked you what you wanted last night."He spoke softly kissing her cheek lightly again slowly slipping his arms around her. He knew one day he would change her that was a day he dreaded. The thought of inflicting that kind of pain on her upset him, the thought of hurting her at all made him ill."I almost changed you, I ... am glad i did not. I would have felt terrible knowing how you feel about it."He remembered her statement i value my mortality that thought sent a chill down his spine. Would she let him change her or would he have to deal with losing her some day. His voice was beginning to crack as he turned slowly away from her heading inside."I am going to go make dinner I will call you when i am done. "

"Stephen wait!" She called out to him, her fingers catching his arm before he could disappear down the stairs. "I...what I said last night, I can tell it's bothering you." She started, looking up at him. "I believe you may have taken it out of context. When I said that I value my mortality, I was saying that I valued my life as a human - one that is born to live and then to die. It's the cycle of life. But! That did not mean that I can't accept the life of a vampire, Stephen. Just...with all the years I spent on my deathbed, I want to live with a passion, with a vibrance that will blind the world. I want to live life, and I can't do that as a vampire." She paused a moment. "At least, not yet. Is this making any sense to you?"

"I understand, I am just glad that you told me that. Or ... we would both thirsty for blood today. " He smiled at her giving her a playful wink. "You should go unpack while i cook dinner. "He smiled walking into the house and to the small kitchen. His stomach was groaning for blood but he did not know if he should feed off her tonight. He did not want her to become addicted to his bite like he was becoming addicted to her.

She watched him walk off with a small smile and sat herself down on the floor of the deck. She knew he was hungering for blood and that he was worried about making her hooked to his bite, but in all honesty, she already was because she was addicted to Stephen all together. She was just too shy to admit it, really. Her eyes peered over the waters, before closing as she rested her head back, waiting for him to call for her.

A half hour went by as he cooked his favorite well seasoned cheese burgers. He splashed a few chips on the side of a plate then moved back out to the deck. Slowly he sat down next to her putting the plate in her lap. "Here you go beautiful. My specialty."He laughed he never was much of a cook but he was getting better as time went on.

She was lost in thought when Stephen came back to the deck, so she didn't respond for only a second. Then a smile broke across her lips and she took the plate, looking down at the cheeseburgers. "My favorite!" She chirped honestly; if it was one thing Amelia had loved eating after her operation, it was cheeseburgers. "Thank-you, Stephen." She said as her hands picked up the sandwhich to take a big bit of out it, chewing appreciatively.

Stephen loved making burgers each filled with the flavor of onions garlic and several other spices. He always took great loving care to make them even when it was just for himself."What where you thinking about?"He said munching on the burger his eyes watching her eat. His mind wondering as to how she was going to be reacting after they had been at sea for a week or two. It was going to take nearly a month to get the pair to japan.

Amelia gave a 'mmm' of appreciation, the burger being quite easily the best she'd ever had. It was indeed very tasty. She took down another bite easily and then looked at him for a moment, before shrugging her slim shoulders. "I don't really know what it was that I was thinking about," she said just before she took another bite of the food. Chewed it. Swallowed. Then popped in the last bite of it.

Stephen smiled taking a deep breath taking the last few large bites finishing his meal. " 100 years of practice and trial and error i can make a mean burger!" He smiled happily setting his plate into the doorway. He smiled closing his eyes ignoring the grumbling from his stomach."Is there anything you want to make the trip more bearable? I have a lot of things below decks that i don't use regularly your welcome to any of it. "He smiled slipping his hand into her's lacing their fingers holding it lightly.

She smiled and set her plate down along with his and took his hand, letting her fingers intertwine with his. Her eyes traveled the length of the water, watching as the moonlight splashed across the wavy surface. "I have my stuff too, you know. My costume making can take up quite a bit of time, too." She said with a small laugh. Then she slid her eyes over to glance at him, a little concerned. "Have you fed yet?" she asked softly, holding his hand so he couldn't pull away after the question was asked.

He shook his head slowly he was saving it for later. "No, I planned to feed of the cook before to long. "He took a deep breath he had hired her partially for that reason the same with one another of the crew. He took a deep breath knowing what her next statement was going to be. "No i am not going to feed off you right now! So don't even ask."He still had not decided if he would feed off her later but he wanted to leave that option open.

"I wasn't going to," she said as she let go of his hand to stand and stretch languidly. "I just wanted to know." She was partially telling the truth with that statement as she walked to the side of the yacht to peer at the rolling waters; they were going to be at sea for awhile, she wondered if she could handle it. But seeing as she had lived more than half her life in hospitals, she didn't see it being too much of a problem. As long as she got to stay with Stephen, she was sure it would be fine. She turned back to glance at him. "So how many are on the boat with us?" she asked.

"There are 5, the captain, the cook, and 3 crew. All have their own specialties One is a mechanic the other is good with a welder. The third is great with electronics. Everything you would need to keep a ship going at sea. "He smiled stepping up behind her kissing her neck lightly his fangs growing against his will. "Would you like to watch a movie? Or do something together? I know we cant do much but we can do something." He chuckled wondering what was going threw her mind he wished he could read it at times he always felt like he was struggling to figure her out.

If there was one thing about Amelia that stood out to Stephen, and to beings like him, it was her very strong, nearly inpenetratable mental block. It would take almost all the will of a supernatural being to be able to accurately read Amelia's mind. When they entered her mind, they came up with a black slate, a metal wall, with no pathway to inside. It stumped the supernatural; only strong physchics and other supernaturals, were supposed to have to ability to block off their minds. Amelia was something special in that regard.

She leaned back into his embrace and silently contemplated their options. There really wasn't that much they could do except the basics - watch movies, have dinners, have meaningful conversations, and the like. She pressed a kiss to the side of his neck as she leaned back. "Shall we watch a movie then?" she asked.

Stephen smiled and nodded that sounded good to him. "Romantic, scary, funny, action, or something else?"He said the last with a wink he did not have much in the way of those types of movies but he did have some. Not that he thought she would ever be caught dead watching one. He laughed to himself kissing her neck again fighting against his body to keep from biting her. It longed for her blood he was addicted to her he had never felt like this before. He slowly backed the pair into the cabin forgetting about plates for now it was not like they would go anywhere.

Amelia let him pull her back into the cabin, then pulled away to trot over to the bed, her long, slim, pale legs moving with the grace of a cat. She pounced onto the bed, laying on her stomach as she braced herself up on her elbows. She contemplated their choices in movies, mulling over it as she kicked her sexy legs idly. "Hmm, what would you like to watch?" she asked, brushing auburn lockes from her sparkling blue eyes as she looked at him, a soft smile on her pretty lips. "Mmmm? What's it going to be love?"

Stephen chuckled and decided he would take this chance to show off. He took 2 long strides towards the bed and drove himself into the air. Diving head first straight at her he smiled as he extended his hands. One hand hit the edge of the bed causing it to shake lightly his body stopped moving to her and started rotating up. Soon his body was completely straight in the air his feet touching the ceiling as he twisted falling slowly next to her. His hand rested on her lower back as he came down with a thump next to her causing them both to bounce a foot off the bed. "I really don't care what we watch i wont be paying attention."He smiled pressing his lips into her's."You are far to distracting to for me to care about a movie i have already seen. What ever you would like to watch is fine with me. "He smiled kissing her again his favorite feeling in the world to date.

She chuckled as he pulled his egotistical stunt to show off, playfully shoving his shoulder when he landed. Pressing a kiss to his lips, she idly kicked her legs, planting her chin into her palms. Her small teeth nibbled at her lip as she thought. "I like scary movies. Or at least the illusion of scary movies," she said with a small laugh. "It's so hard to find a genuinely scary movie nowadays." She kicked her feet again. "Hmmm. What zombie movies? You have any zombie movies?" She really liked zombie flicks, they were exciting, thrilling, and scary all at the same time. She liked to see what kind of genuine gore hollywood could come up with; this was only in the terms that she knew it wasn't real, because obviously if a zombie outbreak occured, she wouldn't stick around in awe. She would run for her life like any other sensible person.

Stephen smiled and nodded looking at her."Have you seen the original night of the living dead? "He smiled knowing if she liked zombie movies she had seen it. It was easily his favorite zombie movie. "Or possibly Sean of the Dead?"He chuckled he loved that movie it was always a riot to watch. He smiled snuggling into her wrapping his arms around her ribs. "I have several more if you want to take a look they are all down stairs though. "

She nodded. "Yep and even the latest ones I can think of - Day of The Dead and Dairy of The Dead. I even watched Zombie Diaries, though that one I didn't enjoy too much. Reminded me of Quarantine and Blair Witch - not much for that whole from behind the camera perspective." She shook her head, laying close to him. "And Shaun of The Dead was amazing, Simon Pegg is one of my favorite actors. Latest movie I saw him in was Star Trek! He played an awesome Scotty!" she said it with a small laugh, then leaned in to whisper - "I have a pirated copy of Star Trek if you want to watch it. Just don't tell anyone." She wasn't sure how he would feel about her downloading movies; being a little more poor than the general population, she couldn't afford high tech HD DvD players and HD DvD's, so she just picked her favorites and downloaded them. She knew she was stealing, in a sense, but it didn't bother her because she figured if the movies were made for the people, all the people should be able to watch it, regardless of their finacial position.

Stephen smiled kissing her cheek standing up slowly. "I would call the cops but they cant help me here."He chuckled giving her a light pat on the butt. "So Sean of the Dead sound good to you?"He walked over to the railing of the stairs leaning against it lightly. "Are we going to watch it here or down in the home theater area?" He laughed leaning back he had to go get the movie either way. "Are you either way before we come back up here you need to get at least those suit cases off the bed!"He laughed looking at her waiting for her response.

She looked at the bags and gave a small laugh. "Alright alright, I'll put the stuff away. Go get the movie," she said as she got up from the bed and began to unpack the bags, putting away her unmentionables into the dresser along with socks, pajamas, and the like, her casual clothes. She hung up and put away her nice clothes and completed costume into the closet. Lastly, she unpacked her books, art supplies, sewing utensils and supplies, and her laptop.

Stephen hopped over the railing once she was not looking and moved down into the theater area. He opened the door to the large cabinet under the TV and started fingering over the dvd's. After a few minuets he found 3 that they would probably enjoy watching and made his way up the stairs. He smiled looking at her as she finished putting things away. He walked over to a painting on the wall at across the room from the foot of the bed. He pushed a button on the side and it slipped back into the wall revealing the large TV. He slipped the disk into the player and moved over to the bed grabbing the remote from the drawer on the left side of the bed."I called the company that made Star Trek and they said they would sue us bet we are in international water so they cant touch us."He laughed winking at her as he mounded the pillows to make a back support for the pair.

"You're a traitor, she said with a pout, coming back to bed with her arms crossed across her chest. She glared down at him playfully. "Wanna turn me in for the others I have?" she inquired as she stretched out onto the bed in her simple tank top and shorts. She slid under the blanket she had made, the material warm and soft, comforting. Her hair spread out across the pillow as she settled into the matress on her side, well enough to see the television from where it had appeared behind the painting.

Back
Top Bottom