Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The leader of the pack (Candira and Raven)

Vic loosened his grip on the armrest once her hand was placed there. He didn't need her thinking about what he might do if he ran into someone like what was being portrayed on the big screen. He clearly hated the thought of innocents but it seemed as though he took it personal at times. Being rich had nothing to do with his immense hatred towards people like this, overzealous, power hungry, maniacal, money grubbing sack of shit that was on the theater wall. Vic closed his eyes and leaned back in the seat once the scene was over, and the sweat on his brow was quickly wiped away after he calmed his breathing.

He continued to watch the film though and it seemed to get better and better, there wasn't any more drive-bys, or gang battles since that scene but there was a nice steamy sex scene between the main character and his girl Vic thoughts quickly went to the women next to him though he kept them to himself and squeezed her hand lightly.

Roxxi tried her best not to worry, but she couldn't help it when she saw him actually wipe away sweat. At least after that he was fairly calm. When she was certain he was alright, she returned her attention to the screen watching with a bit of longing as the main character and his girl had some hot sex...or at least the beginnings and endings of it. Silly movies with their rating systems. Still, she couldn't help but smile as Vic squeezed her hand. She looked over at him and smiled a little. A few more steamy scenes later, after a few chases and explosions, the movie ended.

"Not bad," she said, standing and stretching a bit, only making her body look better. She looked over at him and pulled the hand she was still holding and coaxed him up. "Shall we get some fresh air?"

He seemed to be in a bit of a daze near the end of the movie as the credits rolled. Something had been in the back of his mind since that once scene though the rest of the movie helped distract him. Now that it was over the thoughts had come to be more of a nuisance the gentle tug on his hands and her soft question had brought his attention to his lovely counterpart for the rest of the day. It took a minute of looking at her before her words went across his mind. He smiled softly and stood up. "Yeah that sounds like a good idea." He softly took her hand before he ran it under her arm to hold her at the waist.

She smiled when he seemed to come back to her. His arm around her waist, the two of them made their way out of the theater. Her arm went around him as well and once they were outside, she kissed his cheek. "So, I noticed that you were a bit...tense in there. Are you okay, Vic? Is something wrong?" Her brilliant eyes stared into his and she waited for an answer from him.

As his eyes looked back into hers he couldn't hide the fact that it was bothering him. It wasn't anything anyone had really discussed in his family any more. "Let's go for a walk." He said softly slowly guiding her back to the park where they had first met. Once there he sat on one of the benches and leaned his head back. "I have...." He thought for a long moment about how he would word what he was trying to say. "There is a reason I want the children to grow up well. Back when I was ten My little brother and I were walking down the road near our school. He was ahead of me heading towards a small park that used to be there. And as he turned the corner I heard gunshots...." Vic softly ran his fingers through his hair and down the back of his neck. "I heard tires squeal and then take off down the road. When I ran around the corner I seen my little brother laying next to the body of a gang member. From what I can guess is that the guy had my brother trying to take his bag when the drive by happened. The shots hit their mark but not without hitting my brother."

He rested his elbow on his knees holding his head trying to shake the images from his mind and put them back where they belonged. As he was trying to calm himself down someone else approached him. "Aw isn't that cute a guy telling his girlfriend his deepest darkest secret. I bet that she hasn't even given up the goods yet has she?" The guy had black hair with blue streaks through out it. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife flipping it opened. "Now I suggest that if you don't want your girlie hear to be hurt you'll hand over your money. And don't try any of that I don't have any bullshit I know who you are Victor." Clearly the colors the man wore had set of all the impulses that she knew him, mainly since it was her gang. This guy however was under Marty and not her. When Vic didn't respond he pulled Vic up by his hair leaning his head back.

Vic's eyes never once left the position they had been looking. Since his head was back he seen the sky. He wasn't offering any resistance as the gang member looked where he might stash his wallet. Vic grabbed his hand that held the knife and brought it over to his other arm. Vic never looked down at what he was doing. "If you feel so bad holding a knife then you best be willing to get your hands dirty." Vic said as he forced the man's knife over his own arm cutting it. A twisted grin slowly appeared on Vic's face though he still didn't move his head. "There now don't you feel alive knowing that your weapon has had the taste of flesh?"

The man's jaw dropped open slightly awestruck that someone had intentionally force a knife over their own skin causing harm to themselves. But within an instant the guy was on his back with a bloodied nose, and a searing pain in his right arm. Vic had brought his head down to ram it into the assailants nose. His hands had also moved to where he held the wrist while the other dislocated the man's arm and broken the elbow. The move was fairly simple for him but it was complex being you also had to move the leg to trip the assailant backward over your foot. This might as well have been considered one hit though it was three moves in one.

"Next time you feel the urge to mug someone you might think twice about it." Vic mused rolling the man onto his stomach with his right foot. Vic eyes soon found the indentation of where the mans wallet was and he knelt down taking it from the back pocket. "Let's see. No I.D., no social number, nothing identifying at all. Gotten your ass kicked recently or are you actually smarter than I gave you credit for?" Vic continued to look through the wallet halfway forgetting that Roxxi was with him. "Well looks like you have robbed a couple other people today. Or is it that your job pays you almost a grand a day?" Vic took the money out and folded it over putting it into his front right pocket. "Don't worry at least the money is going to a good cause."

Roxxi frowned as he started to tell the story. Her hand covered her mouth when she heard about his little brother getting caught up in a shooting. She put her arms around his shoulders, hoping to comfort him as best she could. It must have been horrible for him to watch. Her lips kissed his head just as the stranger appeared. Immediately, she knew that she'd seen him before--a man who'd been hanging around with Marty. Holding back a growl and restraining herself from using authority, she let go of Vic, straightening herself up on the bench. However, what she watched Vic do shocked her so much that she wondered if he was the same person.

Once she saw that he was free she shot up off of the bench and ran to his side, intense concern in her eyes. "Vic!" She put her hands on his shoulder and turned him around, ignoring the man on the ground who was no longer conscious. "What the hell just happened there? God, you're bleeding a lot...Why did you do that?" She asked, worry now seeping into her voice. While she admired him for his ability to kick ass, it was a little sick that he had turned the knife on himself. And now she needed to stop the bleeding. She took his face into his hands and looked up at him. "Why did you cut yourself?"

The fact that she really was worried and sad surprised her, but she knew that something about the way he'd handled it--even putting aside the self mutilation--was wrong. There was too much anger...it wasn't the same Vic she'd gone to the movie with.

Vic turned facing Roxxi after she had called out to him with what sounded like worry in her voice. The blood ran down his arm as he lowered it to stand before her. "I did it because if I hadn't I most likely would have killed him." His voice had come back to normal with a slight bit of aggression still in his tone but nothing towards her. "If I hadn't wounded my arm that I was going to hit him with my strike would have been much harder and probably crushed his lungs. He's only in pain but not dead." His wounded arm lifted up once again to light a cigarette but used his good arm to lower it . His head turned slightly so the smoke wouldn't blow into her face, and his eyes caught the mugger starting to stir on the ground. "See? Injured not dead." This side of him had always driven girls away mainly the goddie goodies. "Look if your perception of me has changed so drastically because of this than you can leave I won't try and convince you to stick around." He lifted his good arm again taking another hit from the burning tobacco stick.

"Whatever. Other girls aren't me," she said, kicking the idiot from her crew so he stayed out and Vic wouldn't kill him. Then, she ripped a bit of his shirt off and used it as a bandage to put some pressure on the cut. "Come on, we should get you to a hospital so you can get stitched up." The anger frightened her a bit. The someone would go that far to have to stop from killing a man who had only threatened wanted to take his cash. She knew the reason behind it had to be his little brother, but it was still a bit much. Then again...hadn't she killed men for less? With a shake of her head, she walked him toward a clinic, resolving to deal with her gang and Marty later. For now, she needed to take care of Vic.

"It's not that you attacked him," she said, a few moments later. "It's that you had to attack yourself to keep from killing him that worries me. That, and the fact that you're hurt now." She frowned a little, looking up at him. "You were so angry...it was like you weren't the same guy."

"People don't respect anything anymore." He sighed taking his final hit. "It's the middle of the day and there were kids around. Why subject them to watching someone get mugged. What would have happened if it was one of the younger ages? Would he have stopped at just taking the money or would he have assaulted the guy he was mugging? And what if he had his girl with him like I did? would he have left her alone or had his way with her just because he could?" He shook his head without knowing the answer. "If I had just stood there than what could of happened to you? It used to be just mug the guy and run but not anymore. When someone knows they can bully you they do it all the more, for fun. I'm not entirely different I enjoyed beating him down, but steps had to be taken so I didn't go to far."

His voice had dulled down like he had been on the verge of forcing himself into a deep depression. "Knives aren't that big of a deal but the guns these gangs carry these days too. Did you know that someone in the Crimson Wings not only robbed a house but killed and rapped all the women in the family while the guys were forced to watch. As if that wasn't bad enough he set the house on fire with them in it. I don't know what it is with people these days. What makes a gang look so appealing?"

Roxxi frowned and stopped him, taking his face into her hands. She couldn't deny that what he said was true, and it killed her to know that one of her own men had been the bastard that had done those foul deeds, but her gang had been severely punished for it. It took someone with as much anger as Vic to do it. But she couldn't see him as a murderer...it just didn't fit the bill. "Despite my appearance, I can kick some major ass. I was too stunned to do much else but watch you though, and once he had you...I wasn't sure what to do. Had I known you would have just hurt yourself, I would have helped you out." She gave a moment to them both to let things calm a bit and then said, "It's a shame that it happens, but it's the way life is for now. We can't fix everything Vic. And no matter how hard we try, there will always be one bastard who operates outside of the rules." She kissed him softly, pulling him closer.

"Thank you, by the way, for protecting me. It's nice to be your girl," she said with a grin.

Vic smiled and took her in his good arm and kissed her lightly. "Well at least someone can understand why I am this way." He continued to go with her to the clinic. Once there they started asking too many questions about how he had gotten the wound but Vic merely told them that he had run into a sharp piece of metal from a ladder.

She smiled softly and was instantly relieved that she could get through to him. She couldn't judge him, especially not when she was the one who deserved the real judgment. After all, just a few nights before she'd brutally killed a man. He was right. Nothing was sacred anymore. As he took her into his arm, she smiled softly and took comfort in his light kiss. It became abundantly clear that she could never let him know what she really was. He would never understand. Still, she could keep the her that he knew separate from the one who ruled the streets at night. She hoped.

When he was all fixed up again, she took his hand and took care of the bill before guiding him out of the clinic and back toward her car. "Hmmm, we should go eat," she said with a little laugh.

Tom moved through the gang house groaning. He didn't like the fact that he was forced to Follow Marty's orders just to get close and find out their plans. He had however met a wonderful girl though she had also been dragged into Marty's section of the gang. Marty's own little private army behind Roxxi's back. Marty had ordered him and his girl to go out and spy on a rival gang. So there he sat in the car waiting to pick her up as though it were a normal date.

Lola hurried through the house. Tom was coming to get her for their assignment, and she was working hard to do her best to stay on the good side of both him, and the guy who was pulling her strings. Personally, she wanted to be on Roxxi's side of things, but the woman had been playing it cool for awhile. Where was she now, the girl wondered. She adjusted her leather jacket as she walked, her skinny jeans clinging to her legs, just tucked into her boots. She was dressed entirely in black, including the tank top she wore beneath the jacket. She smiled when she got to tom, her brown hair tied back. She jogged towards him and smiled when she saw her boy waiting. "Hey, there!" She smiled and ran to the door of the car. "Sorry for the wait. I don't know where the time goes."

He smiled watching his girl come to the car in all black. "Well isn't someone sexy for our date?" He mused turning the engine over heading for the spot where they would be watching the rival gang. "You know You and Roxxi are the only ones I can trust in our gang." This talk was personal for him, and he figured she should know that he was going to need information from her too. "I'm working with Roxxi to figure out why all of Marty's recruits move to the top while the others stay down low. You don't seem like you agree with what Marty says most of the time. I hope this doesn't screw up what we've built up. It's just it's important for the Gang and Roxxi to know when someone might stab her in the back."

Lola slid into the car, kissing Tom's cheek. "I'm always sexy, babe," she teased, obviously joking. The smile stayed on her face ase he told her she was one of the only people he could trust. She considered it an honor to be compared to Roxxi. The woman was stunning, not to mention a force of nature. What she heard next worried her a bit. Her grin, vanished. "Marty is only second in command. I might have to listen to him, but my loyalty is with Roxxi. Some of the things he has us do...they can't be what she wants. I don't like what he's trying to do, Tom. This is going to make things complicated, I'm sure, but you won't lose me because of it."

He took her hand in his while the other remained on the wheel. "Good, I'm glad. Marty might be second in command but Rox is more likely to listen to me. I'm just worried somethings going to happen cause Marty is the one making you do shit, he barely trusts me. Though I guess I have him to thank for him demanding you go everywhere with me." He looked over really quickly and kissed her lips then went back to driving. "So what say you to us starting our 'date' hmm?"

Lola smiled and nodded. She understood what he meant and she intended to help him as much as she could. "Well, if nothing else, you've got me," she said, kissing him back softly. Next stop light they came to she kissed him again, a nice long one. When she pulled away the light was just turning and she smiled. "Let's get to it," she said with a little wink. And then, a little later, they could get to each other.

Tom drove to the site he was told to beat a few minutes early. After checking the location he figured it was too open. So he drove around the block and then walked his love interest back over to the small sidewalk cafe buying food. After all what could be a better excuse for spying than eating outside at the tables It wasn't like he was dressed in his gang clothing. Tom was a smart one for sure and he could tell what was going on with glances. Not only that he set up the napkin holder to where it would show a reflection off the nearby street lamp giving him a perfect angle across the street.

Lola held his hand as they walked, both because it really poured it on thick, and because she wanted to. She smiled at him, trying to pretend that the two of them were on a regular date as she ordered her food. Despite Marty's orders, she wanted to be with Tom romantically for as long as she could. There was so much she admired about him, not to mention that he could get her hot with just two words and a look. She smiled at him, noting his strategies and couldn't help but want to be closer.

Tom watched looking back and forth between his girl and his 'job'. "Why no sit over here baby?" he asked with the hidden intent of work. Work sucked but being with her made it worth while. He smiled hoping she would, because laying underneath the intent of work was the intent to tease her. A few weeks back one of Marty's hirer ups got in Tom's face, unable to back up his own words. Tom laid him out after telling the guy to go to hell. Then some other underling tried to get in his face and met with the words "Bite Me." and a glare that would make Satan cringe.

She smiled and kissed his lips softly as she moved to sit next to him. She arranged herself so that she was sitting comfortably next to him, but could still lean against him. "Better?" she asked, smiling. She sincerely hoped that she could enjoy him. "So it's not so bad out here, is it?" she asked, smiling.

"Much better." He said softly setting his hand under the table cloth to hold her leg. With a soft kiss on her lips he conveyed what he wanted tonight to be. He wanted tonight to be about them but Marty had forced their hand once again.

Lola smiled at him, her chocolate brown hair falling over her shoulder as he put his hand on her thigh and leaned in to kiss her. Her heart beat a little faster as his lips brushed against hers. She kissed him back and pulled him a little closer, holding onto his neck. After a few moments, she pulled away and smiled at him again. Marty may have had them stake this place out, but he wasn't going to stop the two of them from enjoying tonight.

Tom leaned in and kissed her back once more before moving his lips to her ear. "How about after work you and I go somewhere alone? Just the two of us?" He softly played with her earlobe as the waiter brought their food out for them. The restaurant wasn't really a fancy one it was more like a mini diner where it was brought to you. It made it seem more realistic when they sat this close on a date.

Back
Top Bottom